Mafia Signup Thread!

Comments

• I'll play, whatever it is :)
  • I'd like to pre-register interest in Ieptix's game, whatever it may be. :) It's been ages since I did one of these.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Ieptix, will you be hosting the next game? I am dying to play again. :o
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • If there's no one else ready to run a game, I can set up another one no problem.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The long-awaited SU mafia? [-O<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    It would entertain me so much to see @Daraius play mafia ngl.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oh I'm just a spectator. I really don't think I could stomach people saying mean things to or about me. =((
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Sylandra said:
    @Ieptix, will you be hosting the next game? I am dying to play again. :o
    Yes.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Oh I'm just a spectator. I really don't think I could stomach people saying mean things to or about me. =((
    You are, after all, a Good Boy.
  • Can we perhaps do a Jane Austen Mafia?
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Salome said:
    Can we perhaps do a Jane Austen Mafia?
    ON IT IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE ONE I GOT THIS GUYS.
    Daraius said:
  • edited May 2016
    Can we do a mafia with lasers and dinosaurs and like...fewer books/plays.
    I plan to eventually make a meta-mafia game that just pulls from forum jokes and previous mafia misadventures. >_>
    Daraius said:
  • dibs on my own chainsaw death
  • Sylandra said:
    Salome said:
    Can we perhaps do a Jane Austen Mafia?
    ON IT IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE ONE I GOT THIS GUYS.
    I would be glad to sub-admin this if you need help. @Sylandra.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • I remember years ago I was planning on putting one together. I wonder if I still have the information somewhere.  :-?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sylandra said:
    I plan to eventually make a meta-mafia game that just pulls from forum jokes and previous mafia misadventures. >_>
    Like me being a death-magnet?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm re-making my Pokemon one, but it'll take a bit. With Sun/Moon having been announced since I originally started I can do an entirely new plot that will end up making more sense.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Pokemon + plot + sense = 404 error: not found

• I'd love to join the next one, no matter the theme! My only prior experience with mafia is playing Town of Salem so it's a little intimidating on forums, but y'all do a bang-up job.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I promise I am never playing vigilante so carelessly. My Lady, that was the worst mistake I've ever made (though first time vig, so I'm calling for a little chill).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tremula said:
    I promise I am never playing vigilante so carelessly. My Lady, that was the worst mistake I've ever made (though first time vig, so I'm calling for a little chill).
    It's not just you bb. We've had a string of reckless wild first night killing vigs. <3

• Actually, first night, or every-night, killing for a vig isn't always a bad idea. Vigs effectively just speed up the game - whether they do so in favour of the town or mafia is just a matter of luck, especially on the first day. On that note, a first night vig is not very different from a first day lynch. It's a pot shot either way. The chances of a scum outing themselves on the first day by making a statement by mistake or a tell, is exceedingly low. Even lurkers and quiet ones tend to be given the pass on a first day lynch - and that's arguably the scummiest thing to do on the first day. In fact, you could argue that the chances of nailing a mafia on a first day lynch is even lower than a first night vig-kill, because the mafia are also taking part in the lynch vote and trying to manipulate votes with their posts.

The only difference is the number of people making the decision, of course. A lynch is always a group decision, while a vig-kill is a one-man call. Doesn't change the fact that a group decision on the first day is not anymore likely to be a town-favourable decision than a vig kill an individual decided.

Reckless (or unlucky) vigs as the game goes on becomes more and more of a liability, of course. But a first night vig isn't actually "reckless" anymore than a first day lynch. It runs on the same concept: even if a townie is vig-killed, there's still been information revealed: that person is not mafia.

Downside of impulse night one killing: it's less informed! No one gets the opportunity to defend themselves. (RIP Masons.)
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Downside of impulse night one killing: it's less informed! No one gets the opportunity to defend themselves. (RIP Masons.)
    That was an extremely lucky Mafia kill though. :( (Two for the price of one)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Here's the thing though. You're not really going to see more information on day two pretty much ever. There's two schools of thought for vigs http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vigilante#Play_Advice sums it up better than I can. Needless to say, night one vig is a legit strategy.
    Yeah it's pretty up to individual play style. When I got vig in the RuPaul game I decided to wait until I had people I wanted to off, and then deploy my limited vig kills as needed. When Kira started lynch trains that struck me as really unhelpful I targeted her. (Only to be blocked by Bianca del Rio WOE)
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I've been wanting to start a sub thread where we play UONWW, but can't figure out how to do that on a forum.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lerad said:

Reckless (or unlucky) vigs as the game goes on becomes more and more of a liability, of course. But a first night vig isn't actually "reckless" anymore than a first day lynch. It runs on the same concept: even if a townie is vig-killed, there's still been information revealed: that person is not mafia.
    While I appreciate the argument, I think the group on this forum leans towards not liking day one lynches either. I mean, how often have we seen that lately? Saying it's no more reckless probably isn't going to be terribly meaningful to most of our players!

I'll totally be in for pokémon mafia, though.