Mafia Signup Thread!

Comments

• Yeah... there's an argument to be made for most play styles in theory. But these forums have a pretty solid metagame going on right now. Even more, it's a metagame that very rarely, if ever, has vanilla townie roles. This means that if a vig offs a townie, it's highly likely that they're also removing a powerful tool from town.

Vig is a powerful role, but it's ideally suited for those that are good at identifying scum, but bad at convincing town that they're scum.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I'd love to do another Shakespeare Mafia, I haven't had time for any since school started.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Thinking about it, I can probably run a one-night variant by explaining the rules and roles in play in the thread, giving a period for people to opt in, distribute the roles, ask for actions from the actors and reveal info to the roles that need it in PMs, then give the start notice and let everyone make arguments for 24 hours. Call for votes in PMs, then reveal the result in the thread. Give the game a cooldown of a day or so to allow people to opt out or in, then start again.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Actually, yes. I'm going to go ahead and do an interest check for a seperate One Night Ultimate Werewolf thread. Any objections?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yes to all that.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I will run one! I am moving interstate in a few weeks so I won't commit until after we are settled. But the planning will happen, oh yes. Doctor Who mafia coming at ya. And I'm toying with a theme entirely out of my imagination. Which I should warn you reads like a bodice-ripping historical romance. But yes, maaaafiaaaaaaaa.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Ieptix said:
    Silvanus said:
    I am more than happy to run a game after Ieptix or whoever is in line. I wanted to do a Dance of Dragons mafia game (Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire that takes place during the Dance of Dragons, a civil war a ~100 years before GoT with dragons and stuff).

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes yes. I will have my World of Ice and Fire compendium at the ready.
    Damn it. Why are you interested in my mafia games. I don't want you to ruin my tricks again!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited May 2016
    Ieptix said:
    Silvanus said:
    I am more than happy to run a game after Ieptix or whoever is in line. I wanted to do a Dance of Dragons mafia game (Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire that takes place during the Dance of Dragons, a civil war a ~100 years before GoT with dragons and stuff).

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes yes. I will have my World of Ice and Fire compendium at the ready.
    Oh hell yeah.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm going to sit out the actual mafia game this round, I finally survived past night 3, and want to get the werewolf thing started properly.
  • Would like to get in on the next mafia game, whatever it is... though half of Game of Thrones might end up being argument over whether a character is or isn't a villain. Which sounds doubly hilarious.
  • So in case I'm not online I'm definitely reserving a spot in @Silvanus game of GoT and @Lavinya - your Doctor Who game.  

I want to be in those games.

I want to be in them.

Deep inside them.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ohh, maiii.
    Petition for a series of GoT games. Many of them.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ah! We need to outright reserve? Reserving a spot for whichever game is next please!
    edited May 2016
    I think people don't reserve here really; you wait until sign ups open. That way you ensure everyone playing is active.
    Daraius said:
  • Since Sylandra's game has finished, I'll have sign-ups for my game up in a bit. It'll be a couple days before I'll be able to start the game proper, but Luce's 24hr games should help with the mafia withdrawal symptoms.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Is there anyone planned after Ieptix? I keep saying I want to run a Persona 4 game so it's gonna happen.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Not planned, no, but if I have my Pokemon game up and ready in time I'd like to go after whoever is currently hosting. I had to keep skipping! 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Othero said:
    Is there anyone planned after Ieptix? I keep saying I want to run a Persona 4 game so it's gonna happen.

I AM THE SHADOW, THE TRUE SELF (omg I love Persona)
    Daraius said:
  • Othero said:
    Is there anyone planned after Ieptix? I keep saying I want to run a Persona 4 game so it's gonna happen.
    Planned and planned. Tremula and Shaddus have priority, and I go before Sylandra, but beyond that. Who knows. It's a mystery.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Running a Mafia game is hard. You want to like and agree with good plays and amusing lies or reveals. But if you do that, you give up the game. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2016
    Give a post-mortem after the vote then. I need someone to validate my tactics. :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Luce said:
    Running a Mafia game is hard. You want to like and agree with good plays and amusing lies or reveals. But if you do that, you give up the game. 

I sometimes sent messages to people saying how hilarious they were. Like when Synkarin in Reign pinned Tekora as scum even though she was innocent.
    Daraius said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Othero said:
    Planned and planned. Tremula and Shaddus have priority, and I go before Sylandra, but beyond that. Who knows. It's a mystery.

I'll let Othero go ahead of me, I've already run two. Sometimes people aren't 100% prepared to run a game by the time we need one so the order can sometimes quickly reshuffle.
    Daraius said:
    I've the majority of the work done for my Pokemon game, I should be able to host after Ieptix. Right now I'm looking at an absolutely massive game, running at least 25 players. If @Ieptix doesn't mind, I'll open sign ups early so people have plenty of time and opportunity to join in.

Note: I cut roles to get it to twenty five. There should be no interns or 

Just for that, you get the Bidoof

• I choose me.

Please don't Bidoof me.