Returning Newbie

Hi Everyone, I started a character here a couple years ago and am interested in picking him back up again but I'm feeling a little foggy on what do be doing. I'm level 26 so my PORTAL uses are gone and I can't really seem to recall some good early hunting areas to get gold so I can re-supply myself with vials, herbs, clothes, etc. Can anyone link me to a good resource for directions and helpful hints, etc? I would start all over again but I bought a few credits and invested some lessons, plus I like where my character is in Glomdoring. Also, any specific help geared toward Shadowdancers would be much appreciated. Thanks, everyone!

Comments

• edited October 2015
    A good way to build up gold again is by gathering up the wandering pilgrims, bards, and scholars along the highways and mountains that circle the Basin. Take them to where they want to go (the top of Avechna's Peak, a stage, and a library, respectively), and they'll give you gold, karma, and some experience.

Oh, and check your ACHIEVEMENTS for things you haven't done yet but can easily do. Some of those things give some gold when done. Killing weevils and selling them to the Swampghast in Glomdoring, for example, both gives you a bit of gold to start with plus it goes towards a particular achievement. HELP VERMIN gives you more information on this.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Alternatively, expect a letter soon.
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks for the suggestions! Achievements seem to offer a lot to do. A couple other things I forgot to ask.. Is there a preferred client to use that could make things easier or more convenient? I know they keep updating the HTML5 and I've used Mudlet and CMUD in the past. I'm not a coder so any helpful client would be much appreciated. I want to learn my cures but anything that would trigger them and show me what it's using to cure would be nice. Also, is there a built-in curing system similar to what was introduced in Achaea or do most people use player-created ones? Again, I'm not well-versed with coding so these things are really helpful for me.. Thanks again!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

There is indeed a built-in curing system that works off of the FIRSTAID command. Most people use Mudlet as a client these days. There's a free system here, too!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback