Melancholic

Is this still in use? I assume not because there isn't any for sale that I can find, but Lusternia still shows some afflictions as being cured by it.

Comments

• Someone recently posted that it was replaced by some newer cure? BUt I haven't heard of it.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Perhaps. I've gone through all of the overhaul posting, and based on my previous question about afflictions (although I know that isn't the definitive answer) there's still at least one affliction (puncturedlung) that hasn't been mentioned, at least in the overhaul news. It still registers under WHATCURES and melancholic still shows up in WHATISCUREDBY. I know there are others, but that is the easiest picked out right now.

I also know those commands are out of date, so they aren't going to be helpful. That leaves me with wondering what can apply that affliction, and if a confused person ever gets a resolution.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Asthma is still cured by melancholic I believe 

Eventually nothing will be cured by melancholic though, so I don't know how much time you want to spend on it

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I think so. I know the news hasn't said it's been loaded yet.

I guess, then, the issue is finding it, as I can't find any shop that has it stocked.

Given how the overhaul is going, I'd rather get it in instead of waiting for an unknown date of when it will be moved over. 
  • A quick check shows aethershop Tower has some melancholic in stock. Beyond that, it looks like it's 5 myrtle and 5 galingale to have a lorecrafter mix some up. Ssaliss probably does his own alchemy, and I think Salome can do it too, so just ask away when you see one of them.

It is definitely still used for asthma, and 'new' asthma cured by dust is arena only, so there are situations where not having melancholic will mess you up. Since there's no telling when the affs will be updated, probably worth picking up a vial.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • @Stratas Thanks! I tried using the search feature but it didn't work for me. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

I was going to take the route of making an order. Thank you for the leads.
  • Some stuff can only be produced by lorecrafters, not by bards, so it's rarer. Worth checking the commune shops if you can't find any. 
  • Turns out Zac's enemied to the ploaces selling them, and that's why they weren't popping up. Someone snuck me in and I'm all set now. Thank you everyone who helped!