Library Prestige Notifications for Ease of Use for Librarians

edited November 2015 in Common Grounds
I have been informed by Forces Eldritch and Venerable that Librarians who toil in stacks choked with dust and lore find it difficult and annoying to identify which books are selected by other Libraries for Literary and Scholarly Prestige each month. 

Thus I'm posting Glomdoring's publicly with approval of the Dark Seneschal (Salome). 

Literary: 14104 LIT Public* Salome The Last Feather: V-VII

Scholarly: 14021 "The Daughters of Crow: Evolution to Perfection"

Librarians, please participate or don't. 

(This was Portius' idea, all credit to him)

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Will be more useful next round when submissions open again. Will attempt to remember this thread for then. For posterity:

14018 LIT   Public*[*]  Portius            I, Kea

13755 SCH   Public*[*]  Portius          On Paragon Literature

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Someone make a sufficiently bipartisan clan for this sort of thing.
    Thanks.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'd be willing to donate a clan for this if people can figure out a way to keep people in it. Democratic maybe?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Kalnid said:

Someone make a sufficiently bipartisan clan for this sort of thing.
    Thanks.

Most of us don't have clan space. I already had to splurge for a bubble. And I'm broke for now.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • I wish this was on Library Log, but until then this is a nice idea, although I'll need to check the forums more.

Seren's Lit submission for this past cycle: Murder Case of Madness 4628

I haven't decided quite yet what I'll submit next.

Out of curiosity, if you don't think you can submit something that'll stand up to the competition, what do you do? Try anyway? Submit something that's guaranteed to lose? Skip that category that year? Or is this not a problem for most of you? 
    Submit. A submission that loses still gains some library weight, so you always want to submit something if you have anything at all that you can submit.

Strategically, if I remember to check what other people are submitting before I submit and I expect to lose to it, I do chump block rather than send in something that I could expect to win a later competition.
    Literary submission for this cycle remains to be seen.

Scholarly: 13995 SCH   Public*[*]  Portius            On the Warriors of the Vassal Packs
  • edited December 2015
    Glomdoring!*

For upcoming prestigue 

Literary: #14077 The Sign of the Spider; Salome

Scholarly: TBA

*= the ! connotes excitement!
    I had forgotten this thread!

14056 SCH   Public*[*]  Allyrianne         The Art of the Lower Wards
    13433 LIT   Public*[*]  Zitto              The Mountain Misadventure
  • Library question:

If you have submitted a scholarly book for prestige can you submit a different scholarly book and will the second submission replace the first?

During one contest. 
    Nope. Not unless it got stealth changed since the last time I tried it, anyway.
  • January Submissions

Scholarly: #8453  SCH The Symbiotics of Mother Night and... by Marsail 

Question: Any library command for the librarian to see their submissions for prestige post submission? 

• Kaalak said:
    Question: Any library command for the librarian to see their submissions for prestige post submission? 
    Browse all, more more more more more more more more.
    Or library log has them too, if you want to do it that way.
  • Kaalak said:
    January Submissions

Wasn't that your submission last round?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!