Obligatory 'What did you get from stockings!' Thread

Let's celebrate this month's promotion (which is quite lovely, by the way) and see what the stockings throw our way.

From @Chirbo:
"Not today, dwarf!", hisses a shadowy figure who suddenly darts in and jingles a solstice stocking, then just as suddenly vanishes. With deep trepidation, you open the stocking up and dump three Czigany coins and three magic bow curios and a wakidrome ticket into your outstretched hands. 
Looking deeper into a solstice stocking, you are delighted to discover a king's ransom of golden sovereigns.

Also the thing with the Gnodfather is amusing. Not today, dwarf.

Comments

• All I got from stockings was escozul and sadness, but I'm too busy being merry and talking with whomever stumbles across Kurut to worry about it.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • How do we open stockings?
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Salome said:
    How do we open stockings?
    unwrap them
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    This isn't a stocking, but from my cornucopia

You reach into Kioul's Brass Corncucopia of Fantastic Luxury, searching for something special. Your 
    hand closes around something distinctly inedible, and amid a rainbow shower of sparkles you remove a 
    present wrapped in pumpkin paper trimphantly.

Oh ok, not a crystal, but could be good.

You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in pumpkin paper, which sprays glittering silver dust and 
    cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly pull a king's ransom of golden sovereigns from within.
    You've unwrapped a SUPERIOR present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.
    100%h, 100%m, 100%e, 10p, 100%en, 100%w [exbk]<>-SiSpSc LSD HSPFA gg
    I see no "gold" to take.
    100%h, 100%m, 100%e, 10p, 100%en, 100%w [exbk]<>-SiSpSc LSD HSPFA 
    You put 53349 gold sovereigns in an Envirofinity Vacuum.

I think Lothringen put it best

(InSaNe At ThE fLaMe): Lothringen says, "That's like a slap to the face."

0/3 on crystals thus far. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    @Tekora was generous enough to surprise me with a stocking, but that dastardly Gnodfather interfered and I was left with a (losing) racetrack ticket. I got experience gain, a truefavor, and critical hits from my Wheel spins. I might normally be disappointed, but I'm still pleased as punch overall, because someone thought of me and gave me a gift.  :>
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I got 50 credits and netted 2 aethergoop from a racetrack ticket.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Someone I know got a present form their cornucopia, and that present had like 7 crystals in it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I got my first crystal from my cornucopia. My last was a present that had gold in it too. That hurt.

I got nothing of note from my stockings. Gifts with gold are the worst. So are poisons and potions. Best I got is a few dolls I traded in. Lots of gold and xp from the wheel. Ironbeard was usually more generous!

• edited December 2015
    If I get any, it won't be until after christmas - money is far too tight at the moment with graduation 10 days away ($80 right there for rental for my graduation garb) and then christmas 9 days beyond that. My parents usually give me a bit of spending money.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Salome said:
    How do we open stockings?
    What did you get from my stocking at the Master Ravenwood :D
  • I got 5 goop from my wondercorn this year. Best thing I got from a stocking was a Mucklebix from a coin spin.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Best thing I got through stockings was from a wheel spin - Kiakoda's Map
    I bought 10, notable presents were glass working rune and a xion bubblix
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My two in Halli gave me a poison and a pile of gold. And the Gnodfather sniped me both times! Maybe I'll have better luck when I visit Gaudiguch.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Between all the dolls and wheel spins, I got the mindfield artifact. Aahhhhmazing
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Tons of poison, gold, and lots of warm fuzzies. This is the first promotion I've considered actually buying!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • You are wearing:
    "pin36090"                              a viridian-banded pin
    Number of matching objects: 1 (out of 58 total)

The pin is a small silver rod with a golden ball at the end, which is wrapped in a viridian band. Inscribed on a plate underneath the golden ball are elfen runes. The pin twinkles with an inner power.
    It is strangely weightless.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Riluna.
    It has the following aliases: pin.

Is this an artifact? I don't know if this is supposed to do anything, but I just love it anyway.

Thanks for the stockings. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Something to do with racial emotes I think
  • Riluna said:
    You are wearing:

The pin is a small silver rod with a golden ball at the end, which is wrapped in a viridian band. Inscribed on a plate underneath the golden ball are elfen runes. The pin twinkles with an inner power.

Is this an artifact? I don't know if this is supposed to do anything, but I just love it anyway.

Lets yo use racial emotes of the matching race. AETHERGOOP LIST PIN to see the list (and AETHERGOOP INFO <number> the matching pin to see what race )
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Thanks @Shaddus! I got gold from the stocking and the present that was in it, but my coins gave me a present and a Chuchip doll. The present from the wheel had some ikons in it (with an epic and a legendary in the bunch!)  :)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Riluna said:
    You are wearing:

That one allows elfen emotes like ELFENPRIDE. It does also trade in for a few credits..
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
     With deep trepidation, you open the stocking up and dump three
    Czigany coins and three magic bow curios and a wakidrome ticket into your outstretched hands.
    Looking deeper into a solstice stocking, you are delighted to discover a king's ransom of golden
    sovereigns.

Coins were 33 lessons, a hair curio, and experience. Other curios were first sapphire, fourth sunny, and ninth pink threads. Ticket was on the long shot, which lost. I also had a present that held morphite. Eventful, for a single stocking. (thanks!)

• I got a Gilded Mirror from Phoebus' stocking! Now I can be the @Mysrai!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tekora said:
    I got a Gilded Mirror from Phoebus' stocking! Now I can be the @Mysrai!

So, about that....
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Riluna said:
    You are wearing:

That one allows elfen emotes like ELFENPRIDE. It does also trade in for a few credits..
    It doesn't help that I'm already elfen and nearly always have been, but I'm keeping it. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited December 2015
    Question regarding the gifts that are being pulled from the stockings - do the percentages from PRESENTS STATUS factor into what you pull?  Or is it basically a random chance of anything?  (Not going to bother if it is based off the percentages, since I have an 82% chance of a standard present at the moment)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Sakaki said:
    Question regarding the gifts that are being pulled from the stockings - do the percentages from PRESENTS STATUS factor into what you pull?  Or is it basically a random chance of anything?  (Not going to bother if it is based off the percentages, since I have an 82% chance of a standard present at the moment)
    It should be a 'standard present' if it is anything like curio crates.