Knowledge of Ascension Time

QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
So, I want to run a design contest for one of the cartels I trademaster, with the idea that the winning entry will get submitted for Beauty Seal. Except, technically, I don't know ICly that it's coming up do I? Even though it happens shortly after Solstice EVERY TIME.

Seriously, solstice gnomes are basically the harbingers of doom.

So can I run the contest and go 'the winner gets entered into the next beauty seal contest, we don't know when it is, but probably soon cause things just keep trying to destroy us'.

Comments

• It's official, Christmas is ruining lives.
  • In character, they seem to have been failing roughly three times a century for the last 300 years. It would frankly be out of character for even a moderately observant character not to assume that there will be probably be at least one more Ascension within their lifetime.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You could frame it as a safeguard against the apocalypse. You're collecting top-tier designs for this cartel to ensure it can contribute if and when the time comes. Should the seals ever weaken, you'll be prepared to do your duty as a citizen of the Basin!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Also Nemach is still out there, so it's pretty much an IC given that he's trying to free Kethuru. Like Dariaius said, phrase it that way. 
  • Nemach is not, in fact, still out there, but is trapped in Yomoigu's box.
  • When did that happen? Well whatever, something always goes nuts in the Basin roughly every thirty years or so. Bandeon jokes about it constantly.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2015
    It happened in literally the same instance in which he revealed himself and started trying to eat all of everything.

Nemach: I'mma eatchu.
    Gods: Noe.
    Yomoigu: Get in box pls.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I'm also pretty sure Nemach would be ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIED at the prospect of Kethuru getting out, because Kethuru would eat him.

That was literally the deal he struck with the Twelve, too.

"Protect me from being eaten by the bigger soulless and I'll give you some of my essence." Then they made the elixir out of that essence.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Still waiting for Nemach tbreak out the box, releasing the other little soulless in the box across the basin.

Or he eats all the little soulless inside the box and then breaks out, ascended to power levels equal to the big five.

• Sylandra said:
    Breaking footage of Nemach escaping Yomoigu's box:
    (Can you tell I miss the Drag Race Mafia thread?)
    You 'n me both. The wait is killing me.

Except, y'know. I hope not. ;))
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Bandeon said:
    When did that happen? 
    That was the previous Seal Event Thingy IIRC, the one that asceneded Kelly into "some hawiian name."

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: