On Gods and Goddesses

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited December 2015 in Common Grounds

So, this event had me wondering: which Elder gods would you have been a follower of if you weren't in your current Order?

If I weren't a Viravain person, I'd follow:

• Mysrai if I were in Gaudiguch
  • Hoaracle if I were in Seren
  • Drocilla or Morgfyre if I were in Mag
  • Lyreth if I were in Celest(yes, I understand that he's dead, but still)
  • Serane if she were legit and if the latest event happened differently!

What about you guys? Which elders would you choose?
Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• If Mysrai wasn't around? Hoaracle. Easily.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    If not for Ev's staunch opposition to joining an Order, he'd have joined @Lisaera's Order a long time ago.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Everiine said:
    If not for Ev's staunch opposition to joining an Order, he'd have joined @Lisaera's Order a long time ago.
    Do it!

Svana said:
    If Mysrai wasn't around? Hoaracle. Easily.
    Oh, right! I love Hoaracle, too. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce's such an Isunite it's not funny, but close second would have been Crumkane, for cookery, or Lyreth, who is unfortunately no more. I can see him having conversations about beauty and inspiration with Maylea as well, and if he were in Glom, he'd join whichever order promised not to kill him first, and hide somewhere making a lot more Dreamrealm jaunts than he already does.
  • If the Elders were around, @Hoaracle (I've been hoping to join his for a while now and now he's all eaten :( )

Right now, if this event plays out that the High Gods are legit then @Luella like... 200%,

Other than that, Mysrai seems pretty cool. Due to rp reasons, if Saran ever went to Glom he's probably be a follower of Viravain (seeds planted years and years ago). Not sure about the others, they're not places I can quite imagine ending up right now.
  • @Hoaracle forever!

...one day rl will ease up for me I hope, so I can play more

#wewillreplant #becauseacornsareawesome

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Drocilla! Omg she is so fab. And @Maylea. I just have this big thing for amazing 4th circle ladies. Oh oh and @Viravain is cool.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    All of them! Heh, but really, there was a period of time during which I wistfully wished Phoebus could be in Maylea's order, and I always thought Hoaracle was pretty neat. Manteekan was fun and cool the few times I interacted with him, though I don't know if being part of his order would really work for Phoebus. Hmm, and if I could somehow have joint membership in Jadice and Zvoltz's orders, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

And I miss Lyreth, too. =(( Lyreth, Phoebus has kept to your honesty tenet for all her days as best as she can. It hasn't really been for you anymore, but it was your influence that ingrained it into her impressionable little heart in the first place. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Fain.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Mysrai. Surprise, not.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • @Darvellan seems pretty cool. I think now that Isune is sleeping, he is probably the best dressed god.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • @Fain.

Only ones I've ever considered.
  • Isune is the one true goddess. She's the only goddess who made me want to be in an order. No other god has made me even want to consider joining their order.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • If it wasn't illegal, Tekora would totally be interested in Yomoigu.
  • Nocht. I actually made Lerad as a Nochtian, supposed to be all quiet and the like (still am), but then Talan came along and converted him.

• Lacostian, always and forever
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Phoebus said:
    there was a period of time during which I wistfully wished Phoebus could be in Maylea's order
    I kinda had a phase like that too, long ago when I was thinking of having Daraius have a secret affinity for nature. But I think I've played the agnostic role so long that joining an order is hard to consider even on an ooc level. If I reeeeeally stretch my imagination, I can envision Daraius joining Elostian's order, depending on his answers to some pointed questions about his time in the Collective. :-?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Not sure I really want Rivius to be in an order again. It kind of goes against current RP. Though for sure, I'd be interested in Charune's order. Lately, I've been crazy tempted to go into @Lisaera's order. She's really awesome. But I unfortunately just can't see Rivius being in an order right now.
  • Lerad said:
    Nocht. I actually made Lerad as a Nochtian, supposed to be all quiet and the like (still am), but then Talan came along and converted him.

Agreed. I am the same. Nyxx was created to be a Nochtian and a Glomdorian and specifically a Blacktalon. that is what made up the majority of her Identity but for a million different reasons I needed to leave and do something new so I changed her RP and took her to Hallifax where she is with Isune now but honestly.. if I could have joint Membership id totally still be in @Nocht 's Order. He is still very important to her and when anything happens to him (like fighting evil void-beasts or being swallowed by the Soulless) she breaks down and does whatever she can to get Him back. She will always be loyal and faithful to Him and to Isune as well, nothing could ever change that.  As a player they are the only 2 gods i have ever really considered wanting to be a part of their order really. They appeal to me in ways other orders just don't. Isune is amazing (Gods I miss Her!!!!) and @Nocht is just incredible!  #Nochtissexy!
  • Right now I'm all for Serane. Everlasting Beauty is pretty much all that Stratas has ever wanted in a Divine.

As for the rest -
     Glomdoring - Manteekan
     Gaudiguch - still Mysrai
     Celest - Lyreth :(
     Serenwilde - Maylea
     Hallifax - Isune
     Magnagora - Drocilla
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Serane has become a new favorite. Mostly because she makes me feel like I'm the Silver Surfer.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm sad that the Seren Higher God maintains the flower theme :C
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Serane needs a scythe. And a man-crush.

#bringShikariback 

• Enyalida said:
    I'm sad that the Seren Higher God maintains the flower theme :C
    I should let you visit Kurut's flower garden some time. Flowers aren't always sunshine and rainbows!
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Well since I'm Orderless, I'll say my favorite orders have been @Viravain and @Fain

The others I've met and joined have all been great, I've never had a bad time in an order.
  • Magnagora: Drocilla, Morgfyre
    Glomdoring: Viravain, Manteekan, Shikari
    Serenwilde: Hoaracle, Lisaera, Maylea
    Celest: ??? Probably Carakhan or Darvellan

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If I didn't love @Morgfyre as much as I do, I totally would have run away to moon after @Zvoltz by now. What a dream boat. I also would have leapt at the chance to grovel and worship at @Drocilla's feet, her being Lavinya's favourite divine from the histories and someone she long admired. But again, @Morgfyre is pretty damned awesome and I couldn't give up those tentacles.

For other orgs - @Manteekan in Glom, @Yomoigu in Gaudiguch, @Valtreth in Celest, @Lisaera in Serenwilde.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Answering specifically for Vivet, she could just as easily be in any order in Hallifax as all the Divine there have established some sort of tie to her, but if she were to be in other places then Yomoigu would be a first pick (everything about his release event was great and made him very interesting), Maylea (specifically in relation to Her conversation with Zvoltz following the loss of Eventru and how She handled Him), and Raezon.
  • I was sorely tempted to jump ship to @manteekan's order when he first showed up.
    But Tylwyth is loyal.
    I also like @Shikari too...
    Hmm, outside of the Forest, @Mysrai seems interesting, and Darvellan....
    And of course @Slaay, xD

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Talan said:
    @Darvellan seems pretty cool. I think now that Isune is sleeping, he is probably the best dressed god.
    You know it.