Sciomore orders Hallifax to war

(Hallifax): Sciomore says, "My Hallifax, you will attend to Me."

Tekora curtseys gracefully before Sciomore.

Yarith bows respectfully to Sciomore.

Kiradawea inclines her head politely to those around her.

You say, "How may we serve, Lord Logician?"

Quietly, you gaze at the sky, longing to sail into the far reaches of space.

Sciomore glances down at the gathered citizens briefly, before leveling his Head and returning His

gaze to the distance.

Tekora takes a master sketch seal from a fesix backpack.

You give a sketch of Sciomore to Temporal Primus Tekora Windwhisper-Pavok, Lit.D..

Tekora nods her head at you.

Sciomore, the Logician says, "It is come to My attention that Frai has assaulted one of Mine in the

confines of the city."

Kiradawea nods her head emphatically.

Temporal Primus Tekora Windwhisper-Pavok, Lit.D. says, "Indeed. The Dreamweaver, Luce Shevat. I

sensed his demise."

Sciomore, the Logician says, "This will not be tolerated. You will destroy those who stand under Her

influence, for She is a jealous being and I will not tolerate those things that I own to be molested

in such regard."

(Hallifax): Doman says, "Umm..."

(Hallifax): Doman says, "Ummmmm..."

(Hallifax): Doman says, "Did..Did I miss something?"

Showing that he understands, Yarith nods his head slowly.

(clan): Kiradawea says, ""

You say, "Of Course, Lord. In your infinite wisdom I am certain that you have precise instructions

on what to attack and how."

You say, "How would you have us attack the rabble in Gaudiguch, and in what ways precisely?"

Fraesic Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix says, "Extremists. There is little more that needs to be said -

they abandon the search for new understandings of our reality and attempt to subject it to their own

delusional, chemical-induced ones. Needlessly said, science and art have no part in a place ruled by

narcotics, intoxicating beverages and pleasure-seeking, out-of-control physical relations.

Disgusting."

Sciomore, the Logician says, "Are you not the city's military arm? I should trust you know how to

engage in hostilities with an enemy, or am I to be disappointed in you?"

Sciomore, the Logician says, "Make them bleed, for now, and that will suffice."

You say, "Oh, They like bleeding though."

You say, "Lord, Are we to inflict pleasure on them as a method of warfare?"

Kiradawea looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "We could try to reactivate Project Cloudspout if so."

You say, "Certainly we have all seen that they act illogically in a way that would only bring harm

to themselves, however, in that is a hidden truth that they secretly wish for harm to be brought to

them. This makes conflict with them difficult I am certain in your wisdom you could provide us the

method best to assault them. Perhaps we could attack the perpetrator of the crime itself in some way

with your insights."

Sciomore, the Logician says, "You will do whatever is necessary. Should you prove some measure of

competence, I will offer tools to inflict a more permanent damage. For now, you will engage as you

have in the past."

Sciomore, the Logician says, "Should you demonstrate incompetence, I will have no use for you."

Shonjir's ears flick back momentarily at the ominous words.

Temporal Primus Tekora Windwhisper-Pavok, Lit.D. says to you, "A strike against the Fire Lords."

You say, "Excellent. Citizens, We need several books written immediately, that is scholarly and

literary. I do not just want facts I want fanciful realities as well. Scientists, we need new

technologies brought to bear which prove our dominance over those drug addled fools."

Tekora purses her lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as she carefully gathers her thoughts.

You say, "For generations we have oppressed these fools and we will continue to do so with the means

of the Collective, supreme culture, science, and arts."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail asks you, "I've been working on some designs for a possible weapon. Do

you have the time to discuss them later on?"

Sciomore, the Logician says, "I do not wish oppression. I wish destruction."

Sciomore, the Logician says, "Your willful misrepresentation of My commands grows tiring, mortal."

You say, "I believe Sealbearer Kiradawea might be onto something, a weapon we could use against them.

Citizen, will it make them bleed?"

Pancake Shortstack Subotai Ysav'rai, Avatar of Pleasure shouts, "Freedom!"

Tekora ponders Kiradawea for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "I doubt it. Should it work properly, there will be not much

blood left."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Or... well, anything at all."

Professor Shonjir Shevat says, "Sounds like destruction to me."

You ponder the situation.

You say, "I'm not sure, The blood seemed important."

Doman arrives from the up.

You say, "Is there a way it could be modified to make them bleed instead of evaporating them?"

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "The weapon itself is the utilization of aethric energies into a

ray of pure degenerating energies. I suppose I could make it weaker but..."

Kiradawea looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

You say, "But?"

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "It'll take some work to recalibrate the design."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "That does sound promising."

Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.

Comments

• You say, "In the meantime, perhaps we shall follow Lord Sciomore's example and gather claymores for

the purposes of bloodletting."

Temporal Primus Tekora Windwhisper-Pavok, Lit.D. says, "I will authorize the Institute laboratories

to begin research."

Sciomore, the Logician says, "Perhaps I will place your winged compatriot in command of the Ministry

of Peace. She at least seems capable of following a simple direction."

You have barely a fraction of a second to feel a dread foreboding before the lance of flame slams

directly into your chest, filling your mind with white-hot pain and seeming to set every nerve in

your body aflame. When you finally begin to breathe again, there is surprisingly no mark upon your

form, but a weakness of mind and body remain to attest to Sciomore's anger.

Doman stares implacably at Sciomore.

You say, "Lord, I would not deign to question your wisdom as to whom to appoint where. I am certain

Lady Kiradawea would serve admirably in the position, though I do worry about her ability to power

down the ray while also handing duties regarding the administration of the law."

You have barely a fraction of a second to feel a dread foreboding before the lance of flame slams

directly into your chest, filling your mind with white-hot pain and seeming to set every nerve in

your body aflame. When you finally begin to breathe again, there is surprisingly no mark upon your

form, but a weakness of mind and body remain to attest to Sciomore's anger.

Sciomore, the Logician says, "My command was clear. Engage Frai's thrall in combat."

You nod your head emphatically.

Temporal Primus Tekora Windwhisper-Pavok, Lit.D. says to Sciomore, "Please forgive the Oberst, Lord

Logician. We shall do as You command."

You say, "A thousand pardon's, Lord. I seek only to serve and I have failed."

You say, "Those who wish to join me on this assault, please follow me."

(Hallifax): You say, "Citizens, We have been instructed by Lord Sciomore to assault the heathens in

Gaudiguch. I will be leading this assault. Please join me at the matrix."

(Hallifax): You say, "All citizens are required to participate, this is by order of our Higher God,

and your Oberst."

Doman stares implacably at you.

You say, "Everyone here ally me."

Doman Trueflight, Symphonic Visionary says, "Know what? I'll just ask. I was trying to be polite,

but I suppose it must be said. Is there a REASON we're listening to this being besides the threats

of destruction?"

Sciomore, the Logician says to Kiradawea, "When the military engagement is finished, you will refine

your weapon schematic and deliver it unto me. If it should be worthwhile, it will be made reality."

The Logician's single eye flickers with a coruscating energy as He briefly turns his attention away

and releases the channeled power in a stream of radiant heat and light.

Doman has been slain by Sciomore.

Kiradawea nods her head at Sciomore.

You say, "This is the Lord Logician, he represents the might and logic of the Collective."

Shonjir takes a deep breath, and his very presence seems to brighten.

Shonjir mutters and traces glowing geometric patterns in the air which settle around him, grounding

him to the earth.

The soul of Doman Trueflight says, "...You sound like an Ice angel working for the soulless."

Shonjir stretches his muscles, dancing nimbly about.

Iytha arrives from the southwest.

The soul of Doman Trueflight says, "I still remember the offers."

Lorina, riding a bronze dragon turtle with black wings, enters from the northwest, a thin sheen of

water rippling outward from every step.

A bronze dragon turtle with black wings ponderously enters from the northwest.

Iytha inclines her head politely to those around her.

Kallistae Aedonis Tremula, Nightingale of the Dawn says, "Might I have the corpse?"

Seeing his situation to be hopeless, Doman begins uttering fervent prayers for salvation.

Trueflight Iytha says, "Or I?"

Sciomore, the Logician says, "You belong to Me. That is all the reason you require."

Kallistae Aedonis Tremula, Nightingale of the Dawn says, "Quickly quickly now."

Tremula inclines her head politely to Sciomore.

You say, "I don't believe there would be a corpse."

Tremula blinks.

(Davos's Squad): You say, "Citizens, I remind you all how important it is that you remain with me

during this engagement. If you should get lost, Return to the Collective to regroup."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Pardon me for a moment."

Kallistae Aedonis Tremula, Nightingale of the Dawn says to Sciomore, "Ah, then You are the new

Patron of the Overcity. How find You the Collective?"

(Davos's Squad): You say, "We leave now."

You hold the Quintessential Mandala of Resplendent Harmony in both hands and bow your head and

instantly feel the pull of the Collective of Hallifax. A great collage of chaotic and wild colours

flashes across your vision, slowly growing outwards to reveal a magnificent fractal design. As your

mind slowly comprehends the grand scheme of harmony and order, you awaken from your trance to find yourself standing within the Central Transphenortex Directorate.

Kiradawea follows you ether.

Shonjir follows you ether.

This room has not been mapped.

The Central Transphenortex Directorate.

Banks of clouds roil about here. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental, is here, playing games with her

long tail.

You see exits leading north, northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest, and down.

You begin to tumble agilely to the southwest.

You tumble out of the room.

Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • For intellictual beings, Hallifax is close on their way to being extinct from stupidity...
  • edited December 2015
    To be fair Hallifax is the Lusternia equivalent to online "colleges" where you can buy a diploma, as compared to the center of knowledge that was Ghalphalshi (the mugwump city that stood where Balach Swamp is now).

The Holy Celestine Empire pretty much destroyed all scientific progress when Operation Soulforge destroyed Ghalphalshi. This left all the burden on Hallifax, and they were nowhere near ready for it.

EDIT: Not to be mean to Hallifax, but so many scientific secrets were lost before they could be passed on, and Hallifax had to guess its way to where it is now. Educated guesses, but still guesses.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Kurut said:
    To be fair Hallifax is the Lusternia equivalent to online "colleges" where you can buy a diploma, as compared to the center of knowledge that was Ghalphalshi (the mugwump city that stood where Balach Swamp is now).

The Holy Celestine Empire pretty much destroyed all scientific progress when Operation Soulforge destroyed Ghalphalshi. This left all the burden on Hallifax, and they were nowhere near ready for it.

EDIT: Not to be mean to Hallifax, but so many scientific secrets were lost before they could be passed on, and Hallifax had to guess its way to where it is now. Educated guesses, but still guesses.
    Hwa? Hallifaxian science is hardly guesses and fake diplomas. I'm not really sure where you're getting that from.  :-/
  • Uh, guesses and speculation I imagine. :/

• History! Ghalphalshi was the center of knowledge, with the greatest colleges and scientific minds of its time. Meanwhile Hallifax does something truly terrible to keep itself aloft (I won't say on the forums, because people would drag that knowledge in-character), has nearly destroyed time/creation on several occasions.

Ghalphalshi pioneered extraplanar travel.

Ghalphalshi raised Vestera, who taught countless civilizations how to raise their own nexus of power.

Ghalphalshi created the gasses, and their deployment method, that pacified Gaudiguch.

Ghalphalshi even created a way to draw energy from the Soulless Gods.

It's worth noting that everything horrible that happened to Ghalphalshi happened because they were ruled under the iron fist of the Holy Celestine Empire, and to resist was to be destroyed and further subjugated. There are even more things Ghalphalshi has done, but to list them all would make a giant wall of a post and nobody wants to read that.

Hallifax, by comparison, is a bunch of people banging rocks together and making sparks. Not saying Hallifax is a bad place, just saying Ghalphalshi was a marvel of science and knowledge.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • can confirm

ghalphalshi was really, really crazy hardcore from what i've seen in lore
    Kurut said:
    History! Ghalphalshi was the center of knowledge, with the greatest colleges and scientific minds of its time. Meanwhile Hallifax does something truly terrible to keep itself aloft (I won't say on the forums, because people would drag that knowledge in-character), has nearly destroyed time/creation on several occasions.

Ghalphalshi pioneered extraplanar travel.

Ghalphalshi raised Vestera, who taught countless civilizations how to raise their own nexus of power.

Ghalphalshi created the gasses, and their deployment method, that pacified Gaudiguch.

Ghalphalshi even created a way to draw energy from the Soulless Gods.

It's worth noting that everything horrible that happened to Ghalphalshi happened because they were ruled under the iron fist of the Holy Celestine Empire, and to resist was to be destroyed and further subjugated. There are even more things Ghalphalshi has done, but to list them all would make a giant wall of a post and nobody wants to read that.

Hallifax, by comparison, is a bunch of people banging rocks together and making sparks. Not saying Hallifax is a bad place, just saying Ghalphalshi was a marvel of science and knowledge.
    I know you really like mugwumps and all (I do too, they're my favorite race!), but your argument is rather silly. Just because the people of Ghalphalshi Swamps did a lot of amazing things, it doesn't make Hallifax a bunch of morons. Hallifax does a ton of incredible stuff, and the floaty city method isn't any less impressive just because it's morally grey. The science is there, it's real, and definitely not made of luck and wishes. And if you want to talk apocalypses and Hallifax's involvement in them, might I remind that without averted-future-Hallifax's research into the Wheel of the Goloths and the creation of chronomantic cubes, we never would have stopped the Goloths in our own timeline? 
  • edited December 2015
    I'm not literally saying "Hallifax is full of idiots". They just pale in comparison to Ghalphalshi. They are still very much the intelligent scholars and aeonic tinkerers we all know and love, but they are prone to doing some extremely silly things that otherwise wouldn't happen if Ghalphalshi were still around.

Yes, I do adore Mugwumps, but I'm equally as fervent about all history. Ghalphalshi just so happened to be relevant this time around. If we were talking about Gaudiguch doing silly things, I'd go on a rant about the ur'Guard, Holy Celestine Empire, and how modern Gaudiguch is nothing like ancient Gaudiguch (Hint, they went from a strict and honourable military state that was so powerful that direct battle with the Holy Celestine Empire would have no clear winner to a bunch of drunks who light stuff on fire).

I could ramble about Lusternian Lore for hours on end, because it's just so amazing.

Edited for spelling/punctuation.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm not sure how we got started discussing mugwumps? But speaking of swamps, I really wish I wasn't swamped in work right now because I have such a godcrush on Sciomore and I really really want to get in on this lunacy. This event looks wild and fun.  \:D/
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Kurut said:
    I'm not literally saying "Hallifax is full of idiots". They just pale in comparison to Ghalphalshi. They are still very much the intelligent scholars and aeonic tinkerers we all know and love, but they are prone to doing some extremely silly things that otherwise wouldn't happen if Ghalphalshi were still around.

Yes, I do adore Mugwumps, but I'm equally as fervent about all history. Ghalphalshi just so happened to be relevant this time around. If we were talking about Gaudiguch doing silly things, I'd go on a rant about the ur'Guard, Holy Celestine Empire, and how modern Gaudiguch is nothing like ancient Gaudiguch (Hint, they went from a strict and honourable military state that was so powerful that direct battle with the Holy Celestine Empire would have no clear winner to a bunch of drunks who light stuff on fire).

I could ramble about Lusternian Lore for hours on end, because it's just so amazing.

Edited for spelling/punctuation.
    Ghalphalshi was involved in their fair share of failures as well, and I'm completely certain that if they were still around today, they would also fail quite a bit, because catastrophic scientific failure is an easy way to lead into events and other stories. :D And I'm a lore nerd, too, which is one reason why I can get a little involved in debates like these. Really need to study up on the events posts from the couple years I was gone for before the next quiz.
  • edited December 2015
    I just want to say that Davos (the character) is the Minister of Peace, a member of the Soldier Caste, and suitably placed upon the Caste System. He is not representative of Hallifax as a whole, nor the Higher Castes in particular.

Sciomore's demands were completed to satisfaction and he went crawling back into his hole. We got this.
  • Oh, yes! Their failures are legendary, but every single one of their failures were because Ladantine pressed the issue. It was either "do this now" or "get rekt by mah military might". Hallifax doesn't have a crazy empire overlord (well, now they do. Hi, @Sciomore )

I'm looking forward to seeing how all of this pans out.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Lots of forum RP going on here...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:
    I'm just incurably pedantic. :( 
    Phoebus said:
    Everiine said:
    I'm just incurably pedantic. :( 
    @Xenthos is that you?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Ghalphalshi's admin had unlimited time and energy to code in whatever crazy features their players came up with. We've got a different set of constraints.
    See: Project Cloudspot
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Is this why one firelord died?

Why'd you only kill one....
  • They just blew up Mt. zoaka.

ALl of it.

Daraius said:
  • edited December 2015
    =In which Hallifax drops the Hammer=

Before the Matrix.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. There are 11 cylindrical chairs of transparent crystal here. Encircling the area, a wide crystalline table sits upon a line of balustrades here. There are 30 Sentinel Deputy Commissars here. Radiating with an incandescent brilliance, the Matrix floats within the circular walkway, slowly turning and revealing flowering geometric patterns. Sciomore, the Logician stands here imperiously, radiating a flickering neon energy. 
    You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.

Aeden Pavok, the Bitter Mandate says, "You demand an audience?"

You curtsey gracefully before Sciomore.

Hinic steps out of the Matrix, trailing sparkling motes of light.

Kiradawea enters from the up, emanating an aura of immense power.

Essentia walks in from the northwest, holding a book and quill in her hands as she writes, bowing in reverance of Sciomore.

You say to Sciomore, "Hail, Lord Logician."

Sciomore, the Logician says, "A month ago I gave a command to one of My subjects, a small furrikin."

Kiradawea's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Sciomore, the Logician says, "Her task was to deliver unto Me the schematics for a weapon. I expected something small, but I received a set of schematics for something much grander."

Comprehension flashes across your face.

You say, "Ah, yes. I received and reviewed the same."

Kiradawea suddenly loses focus in her eyes and shudders, then looks curiously refreshed.

With a gesture towards the skies, Sciomore, the Logician says, "Behold, My Hallifax."

Elanorwen narrows her eyes and stares upwards.

Above the skies of Hallifax, a giant hemisphere of glistening metal materialises in the clouds.

Essentia closes her book an looks up, blinking, eyes wide.

Comprehension flashes across your face.

The sweet scent of cherry blossoms wafts through the air as a cavalcade of ivory petals heralds the entrance of Yarith.

Kiradawea blinks.

Sciomore, the Logician says, "Project: Guardian is Hallifax's ultimate weapon."

Aeden looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "I see.... looks impressive. Though I am uncertain as to what it actually does?"

You say, "I did... not expect the project to be completed so quickly, Lord Logician."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail asks, "Is it already operational?"

Sciomore, the Logician says, "It is operational, within limited parameters."

You nod your head sagely.

Essentia blinks, slamming her book closed, stowing it in her bag. "The...that...is..." She gulps, her mind racing with the possibilities.

Sciomore, the Logician says, "Your first task, My Hallifax, will be a test firing at Mount Zoaka."

Sciomore drops a crystal column.

Showing that she understands, Kiradawea nods her head slowly.

Aeden Pavok, the Bitter Mandate says, "This will be interesting."

With a wistful look on her face, Kiradawea touches a crystal column.

This cylinder of transparent crystal sits approximately four feet tall by one foot in diameter. The column is featureless except for a series of buttons set into its top face, each engraved with a single digit. A low-pitched thrumming emanates from the object.
    It weighs about 200 pounds.
    It has the following aliases: column, crystal, pillar, crystalline.

You say, "Please, don't touch it."

Sciomore, the Logician says, "This column allows access into the fortress. Inside, you will find living quarters above, and the engineering deck below. Directions for access will be given to the designer, and how the are disseminated will be up to her."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "This is... a lot faster than I expected. But yes. It needs to be tested properly."

You nod your head at Sciomore.

Sciomore, the Logician says, "The control room contains instructions for operation of the Project. I trust you see the initial testing be carried out swiftly."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Certainly."

Nyxx ponders the situation.

You say to Kiradawea, "In that case, Magnificus, we stand ready."

Sciomore, the Logician says, "Go forth, and do not disappoint Me."

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "I have a question for You, Lord Sciomore. One unrelated to this device."

With a pneumatic hiss and a flash of neon energy, the Logician departs to places unknown.

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Alright then..."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "If you will all please follow me."

You begin to follow Kiradawea.

(Anonymous): Tridemon says, "So... What's that above Hallifax?"

(Anonymous): You say, "We are currently ascertaining."

With a wistful look on her face, Kiradawea touches a crystal column.

You follow Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail to an access hall.

Kiradawea nods her head emphatically.

An access hall.
    Positioned at the base of Project: Guardian, this cramped hallway serves as an access portal between the living and engineering spaces of the flying fortress. A ladder attached to the wall leads upwards to the personnel quarters, while three doors provide access to the generator and control stations. A panel on the floor bears the label "Weapon Maintenance Shaft", but has been sealed completely shut. A crystal column glistens in the light, inset with a series of buttons. 
    You see exits leading north, south, west, and up.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Okay."

You follow Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail north to the control room of Project: Guardian.

The control room of Project: Guardian.
    Small but critical, the control room of Project: Guardian sits ready to receive commands. Myriad displays cover the wall of the room, displaying the status of the critical components of the fortress. The floor space of the chamber is otherwise unoccupied, optimized to allow maximum personnel during missions. A small plaque is mounted on the wall, detailing control instructions for the Project: Guardian. 
    You see a single exit leading south.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Welcome to Project: Guardian."

(Board of Directors): You say, "If this device does as it suggests it does within your schematics, Magnificus, you understand that we CANNOT unleash this device's power upon a populated area."

Yarith nods his head emphatically.

(Board of Directors): Davos says, "I disagree. That is its purpose."

First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo says, "What powers it? Can it be used indefinitely?"

(Board of Directors): You say, "It is unconscionable."

(Board of Directors): Davos says, "Why?"

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "We're going to test it now."

Private Essentia Pavok says, "We should probably put monolith sigils on the weapon."

Hinic nods his head affirmatively.

Yarith nods his head in agreement.

Nyxx jerks slightly as the air fills with sparkling motes of bright light.

=Cue everyone monolithing the hell out of the place because of certain people who will remain unnamed=

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Regardless."

You read what is written on a small, metal plaque:
    Project: Guardian is based on a weapons design by Kiradawea, and is an
    aerial fortification equipped with a high-powered energy cannon, capable
    of wide swathes of destruction.

To control the Project, [REDACTED]:

o [REDACTED].

o [REDACTED].

o [REDACTED.

o [REDACTED].

o [REDACTED].

o [REDACTED] - The Project will fire its cannon at the target area,
    devastating it. After firing, the cannon will be in a recovery state,
    rendering it inoperable for a time.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "[REDACTED]."
    A monotone voice resounds loudly: Request granted. Control has been assigned to Kiradawea.

You sense the passage of Davos to the south with a twitching pair of pointed ears.

Davos enters from the south, emanating an aura of immense power.

Aeden nods his head emphatically.

Aeden Pavok, the Bitter Mandate says, "Makes sense."

A large cannon descends from the base of the fortress floating above Hallifax, its tip coursing with barely-contained energies.

"Ahah!" Hinic exclaims triumphantly.

(Board of Directors): Nyxx says, "I have Telperion in my head telling us to get out quickly, raise our city defenses and offering to help secure our essence...whatever he means by that."

(Board of Directors): You say, "Disregard."

Talan has been cut down by a Sentinel Deputy Commissar.
    You see the death occur at before the Matrix.

(Board of Directors): Nyxx says, "I intended to, I was simply informing you."

(Hallifax): A custodian of peace says, "Someone help me! Please!"

(Hallifax): An inspector of the lower wards says, "OH MY GOD, NO!!! HEELLLLP!"

(Hallifax): A trill servant garbed in ebony clothing says, "I'm in trouble here at before a fall!"

(-clan-): Rivius says, "Looks like you have some Gaudis in your Prime city."

(-clan-): Aeden says, "We're aware."

A brilliant red light flares up from Mount Zoaka.
    A monotone voice resounds loudly: [REDACTED]. Acquiring target.

A brilliant red light flares up from Mount Zoaka.
    A monotone voice resounds loudly: Target acquisition in progress.

A monotone voice resounds loudly: Request granted. Firing weapon.

The fortress rumbles fiercely as the energy stored in the armed weapon is released in a sudden blast.
    The fortress floating above Hallifax glimmers blindingly as he cannon at its base suddenly blasts a massive column of light towards Mount Zoaka, accompanied by a deafening roar.

Yarou has been annihilated by Project: Guardian.
    You see the death occur at ascending Mount Zoaka.

Yarith stares blankly into space.

2015/12/15 00:08:50 - Project: Guardian drained 10000 power.

First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo says, "Did we figure out what was happening inside the city?"

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Gaudiguchans attacking."

Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath shouts, "Try -not- to break the timeline this time you two..."

A monotone voice resounds loudly: Request granted. Displaying status update on monitors.
    The monitors in the chamber flicker and display the following information:
    Controller: Kiradawea
    Generator energy charge: 0
    Weapon Status: In recovery

A monotone voice resounds loudly: Request granted. [REDACTED].

The Thousandfold's Paintbrush, Chirbo the Beloved shouts, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO OUR MOUNT ZOAKA!"

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "It needs to be recharged."

First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo says, "Have we surveyed the effect yet?"

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "No, someone should go do so."

Essentia nods her head emphatically.

Oberst Davos Pavok says, "How do we leave?"

Private Essentia Pavok says, "How do we exit the Weapon?"

(The Harmonic Array): Kiradawea says, "We're going to need a survey team."

(The Harmonic Array): Kiradawea says, "To check and see what damage has been done to Zoaka."

(The Harmonic Array): Essentia says, "Ready for duty."

You sense the piercing eyes of Talan looking upon you.

(The Harmonic Array): You say, "I am already departing for the location."

Tully, Janitor of the Basin shouts, "So, Kiradawea...would ye say the things that happened last month counts as "Red" or "Black"?"

The ruins of Mount Zoaka.
    A strong breeze whistles over the ground. A disgusting, disease-ridden maggot is scuttling along the ground. She wields the Sulfurous Spear of Abyssal Torment in her left hand and a golden whip of the pious in her right. Trueflight Iytha is here. She wields a crwth-style bowed lyre in her right hand. Alandra frowns deeply, lines creasing her forehead. She wields a delicate lyre of diamond crystal in her left hand.
    You see exits leading west and down.
    There is no exit in that direction.

Iytha peers about herself unscrupulously.

Alandra creases her brow in a frown.

Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath shouts, "Star Black?"

You stare implacably about yourself.

(Board of Directors): Kiradawea says, "I will distribute the method of entering Project: Guardian through a newspost to the board of directors."

(Board of Directors): Aeden (from the Cosmic Plane of Continuum) says, "That would be wise here."

Sir Augent Nightshade says to you, "You guys think this is okay?"

You say to Augent, "I do not."

Augent tells you, "Is this just Sciomore? Or is Hallifax pushing the 'shoot' button?"

Mystic Eodh, of the First Paradigm says to you, "Well, then, aren't we trigger-happy."

You tell Sir Augent Nightshade, "This is Sciomore holding us hostage, making us push the button."

Just before you start to say something, you think better of it and bite down on your lip.

(The Harmonic Array): You say, "Nothing remains of Mount Zoaka."

(The Harmonic Array): Essentia says, "NOTHING?!"

(The Harmonic Array): You say, "Nothing."

(Board of Directors): Davos says, "Never before have we had such an opportunity to remove a threat to harmony from the basin entirely."

(Board of Directors): You say, "There will be no further use of Project Guardian. I formally condemn this device."

(Board of Directors): Davos says, "Arguments against using it?"

(Board of Directors): Aeden (from the Air Elemental Plane) says, "Well it has its purpose for when to use it properly."

(Board of Directors): Aeden (from the Air Elemental Plane) says, "It can probably be sealed away."

(Hallifax): Davos says, "Citizens, Discussion of Project Guardian outside of the Collective is now strictly forbidden. This project should be considered confidential on the highest order until you are informed otherwise."

(Hallifax): Elanorwen says, "Of course."

(Hallifax): Yarith (from the Air Elemental Plane) says, "Understood."

(Hallifax): Essentia says, "Of course, Minister."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Damnit Hallifax, how are we supposed to get Kouseki flowers if you've blown up Zoaka?

Though technically, Zoaka is still there, you just can't get inside. Two of the exits lead to the 'destroyed' Zoaka....but...

Old Imperial Road near Skarch Desert. (road).
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. It is uncomfortably hot.
    A cow wanders about aimlessly, minding its own business and paying you no attention.
    You see exits leading east, south, and northwest.
    esSilrx<>-nw
    Old Imperial Road by lava pools. (road).
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. There is a moderate breeze here.
    You see exits leading southeast, northwest, and up.
    esSilrx<>-up
    An unknown force prevents you from travelling to that location.
    <>-glide up
    You look off to the up and glide speedily away.
    An unknown force prevents you from travelling to that location.
    esSilrx<>-sq u
    Above the Razines.
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. It is quite mild.
    Ascending the mountains.
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. Small particles of dust fly through
    the air, caught up in a moderate gale.
    You can see no further.

• I want a deathstar :( *pout*

But like... of nature...ing

Like it would shoot beams that destroy cities and regrow the nature that was there before.
  • Ayyyy, Marcella cameo with the Spear.

Too bad the quest is now miswoven.....and Karagash didn't show up so I couldn't stab him with it like the plan was.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Marcella said:
    Ayyyy, Marcella cameo with the Spear.

Too bad the quest is now miswoven.....and Karagash didn't show up so I couldn't stab him with it like the plan was.
    You can try, but I've already tried attacking one. Divinefire stops it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I wish I wasn't too sick to play so I could have Phoebus on the record as being super appalled by this. That was kind of my plan today. GAH! Keeping up with all of this on the forums is killing me.  :((
  • pew pew pew

• Lololololol

Oh Hallifax, if I have learnt anything in Lusternia, it is that everything gained will have some kind of catch.

Here's hoping that deathstar drops Hallifax from the skies.