Comments, Concerns, and General input on Dream event

Comments

• Rami said:
    Frankly, I feel that publicly posting that you (as an admin/god) do not want to work with a group of players, no matter the reason, is extraordinarily unprofessional. That's the sort of thing that should be kept private regardless of the theme of the thread. Admin are held to much higher standards than players. Heck, they don't even do this in Achaea. They will mod threads, but keep up a professional appearance.
    You know, these people aren't paid.  They've sacrificed their own players to bring us events, general god RP and countless other things (that we wouldn't even know about!).

They're also human.  They didn't insult anyone, they're just saying how they feel.  Would you rather they keep quiet about it, so Magnagora continues on with hardly any divine wanting to RP with them?  
  • Arcanis said:
    Oh lord...@Lavinya brought up the "EXODUS!!!!" again. I was hoping we could go a week without it.

hun, enjoy yourself, you're happy you're gone, we are happy you're gone. -stay gone- for everyone.

This is actually really petty and bitchy.

But I couldn't stop myself from laughing at the last line because of all the people who want you gone from Magnagora, so it's kinda funny that you say that.
  • edited December 2015
    The "corrupt atmosphere' that seems to be directed at Magnagora...seems to always come from individuals outside of Magnagora.

Funny enough, Magnagora loves itself and its citizens. It really is quite a lovely environment when you're integrated into it. From outside perspectives, maybe this looks different.

As for God interactions, of the Gods I know that have brought it up are:

Estarra, whom did so in reply to the Tremula emails (in which we replied with roughly 10+ opinions stating otherwise)
    Mysrai, whom I admit I dont really know how has been involved with Magnagora, so I cant really debate this
    Darvellan, whom played Karagash, which we can all agree turned out to be a pretty bad relationship with Magnagora's ideals.

Frankly, Magnagora gets along quite fine with itself. I always found it funny how complaints of Magnagora are always from outside sources, whilst those in Magnagora are quite happy (unless Lavinyas, but wtv).

Edit: Also I would like to mention that the topic was about the Higher God interactions. Stating that "No God wants to RP with them" is pretty false. I do believe Drocilla rather enjoys her RP with Magnagora, and gods before that. Currently Morgfyre is in the hotside because he insists on keeping Lavinya, but that's another story.
  • Ellowyn said:
    Arcanis said:
    Oh lord...@Lavinya brought up the "EXODUS!!!!" again. I was hoping we could go a week without it.

hun, enjoy yourself, you're happy you're gone, we are happy you're gone. -stay gone- for everyone.

This is actually really petty and bitchy.

But I couldn't stop myself from laughing at the last line because of all the people who want you gone from Magnagora, so it's kinda funny that you say that.

You'd be surprised!

Also what did I say about that hole...shoo
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'd just like to point out I didn't name names, I didn't point at any particular individuals (save the examples of Munsia and Marcella things that actually happened...RP things at that.) 

I'm not sure what you mean by 'lavinyas'. And I don't think there was any need for your previous post of 'we're happy you're gone, stay gone'. 

Do you ever think that this sort of attitude might possibly contribute to negative opinions? 

• Arcanis said:
    The "corrupt atmosphere' that seems to be directed at Magnagora...seems to always come from individuals outside of Magnagora.

Funny enough, Magnagora loves itself and its citizens. It really is quite a lovely environment when you're integrated into it. From outside perspectives, maybe this looks different.

As for God interactions, of the Gods I know that have brought it up are:

Estarra, whom did so in reply to the Tremula emails (in which we replied with roughly 10+ opinions stating otherwise)
    Mysrai, whom I admit I dont really know how has been involved with Magnagora, so I cant really debate this
    Darvellan, whom played Karagash, which we can all agree turned out to be a pretty bad relationship with Magnagora's ideals.

Frankly, Magnagora gets along quite fine with itself. I always found it funny how complaints of Magnagora are always from outside sources, whilst those in Magnagora are quite happy (unless Lavinyas, but wtv).
    Actually, going to Glomdoring has made me realise how bad it actually was in Magnagora.  People kept saying it was toxic and I'd always reply with, "No!  Don't be silly, you don't know!", but now being in another org has really opened my eyes.  Like people were saying before, sometimes it takes going out of your comfort zone to really see things clearly.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited December 2015

Mag used to be awesome in a Game of Thrones-ish way as opposed to the outright belligerence people have come to expect and regularly experience from most of the loud populace. 

Long gone are Nariahs and the Sthais and other fellow Mags who understood that refinement and restraint can stand aside aristocracy and elitism. I haven't played in Mag for a long time, but if there are any of the current players who fit the described traits, I'm sorry but you've been terribly eclipsed by the louder ones. Very few of the current Mag players remind me of the days when Magnagora RP didn't equate to TAINTHROAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHKILLKILLLKEEEELLLLL
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rami said:
    Frankly, I feel that publicly posting that you (as an admin/god) do not want to work with a group of players, no matter the reason, is extraordinarily unprofessional. That's the sort of thing that should be kept private regardless of the theme of the thread. Admin are held to much higher standards than players. Heck, they don't even do this in Achaea. They will mod threads, but keep up a professional appearance.

I'm sorry, who are you again?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lavinya said:
    I'd just like to point out I didn't name names, I didn't point at any particular individuals (save the examples of Munsia and Marcella things that actually happened...RP things at that.) 

I'm not sure what you mean by 'lavinyas'. And I don't think there was any need for your previous post of 'we're happy you're gone, stay gone'. 

Do you ever think that this sort of attitude might possibly contribute to negative opinions? 

All I can say is that after the d'murani drama with the elections and then them refusing to accept the loss and leaving, drama has dropped in Magnagora some 200%. There is rarely any tiff. In fact, if it wasnt for the whole Higher Gods Karagash thing, Magnagora would have been quiet for a quite some time.
    Also, if it is the general opinion of Magnagora's players that Mag got/still gets along just fine without Gods/Divine-rp, why would you ask for it during events? Selective much?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Darvellan said:
     Thirdly, both Celest and Glomdoring suffered from Karagash's attempt at combat prowess via the rat swarms, the very same night as Magnagora. Celest because Magnagora /asked/ him to, despite turning around and saying Karagash did nothing for them later, and Glomdoring because they taunted Karagash (or the rats or something; after I'd started I think I realized that the shout in question may have been directed elsewhere). . 
    I remember @xenthos saying he'd prompted that by yelling something in Celest.
    We were mostly dissappointed because they were so individually weak after seeing mags die to them.
    Also, was the Swamp rat that kept coming into Glomdoring before maeve got healed related to any of this?
    I was hoping  to RP with him a bit more...
    On the subject of admin possessing denizens I have logs of @Rowena and a SD Nexus Guard interacting with Tylwyth, both of which were very memorable and fun non-Divine intereactions. I love RPing with Rowena whenever stuff happens.
    @marcella you do seem intelligent, so I think you would have fun as a noncombat alt, as others have mentioned. You can get your kills on as marcella and exapnd your perceptions as your alt.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Siam said:
    Also, if it is the general opinion of Magnagora's players that Mag got/still gets along just fine without Gods/Divine-rp, why would you ask for it during events? Selective much?

Actually the original post was about the actions that took place and Mag feeling it wasnt given as much as the other orgs in terms of special powers.

The Karagash interaction was brought up after as per the -why- Magnagora didnt receive as much focus.
  • Also I do still find it rather comical that the comments of "Mag is so bad, toxic, bad interactions' are coming from people that are -outside- the org.

A good portion of Mag players dont even use the forums (I wonder why...), but even they would attest that they enjoy the Mag atmosphere. I do believe all this negative focus on Mag is simply based on haters hating on specific citizens (and most of it for OOC reasons at that).

Say what you will, and heck i'd even be willing for Estarra to do a survey in Mag to prove it, but Mag is quite happy with itself. If you feel your own org is lacking and that is bringing up some aggressiveness, then perhaps you should look into that.
    Arcanis said:
    Lavinya said:

All I can say is that after the d'murani drama with the elections and then them refusing to accept the loss and leaving, drama has dropped in Magnagora some 200%. There is rarely any tiff. In fact, if it wasnt for the whole Higher Gods Karagash thing, Magnagora would have been quiet for a quite some time.

I was actually referring to more than the d'Murani 'exodus'. Look back over the past year, and count how many Magnagorans quietly dispersed to elsewhere - to Gaudi, to Glom, to Hallifax...I'm sure not everyone left for the exact same reason, but it is usually telling of an org when people walk away. Like the time Glom had their big exodus and lots of people left. I guarantee it was to do with the current atmosphere with other players, and I say this with not being involved in the slightest.

And one wonders - is there no drama because I am nothing but a trouble making drama monger? Or perhaps because most of the people who cared to have contrary opinions are now gone or can't be bothered to fight?

• also @Ieptix would you be willing to crack down on random flagging that has no basis? They did the same on the Achaea forums to stop random hate-boners, and I think at this point, it is needed here too.
    Arcanis said:
    also @Ieptix would you be willing to crack down on random flagging that has no basis? They did the same on the Achaea forums to stop random hate-boners, and I think at this point, it is needed here too.
    I only flag your posts that are openly offensive and personal. Not all of us hate for the sake of hating. Have you considered subtle jabs over a hammer to the face?

Arcanis said:
    Siam said:

Actually the original post was about the actions that took place and Mag feeling it wasnt given as much as the other orgs in terms of special powers.

The Karagash interaction was brought up after as per the -why- Magnagora didnt receive as much focus.
    @Zvoltz has already stated the things he provided initially when he started as Karagash. Now does that mean you had to stick with it? No. Does that mean you had to express your opinions the way you did? Not really. You've seen where that got you. 

Just because there's a brick wall before you doesn't mean you break it down by repeatedly smashing your head against it. @Esca mentioned that attempts had been made to converse with Karagash, sadly that got drowned in the vitriol being spewed by the rest of the Mag players. IF ONLY the rest of Mag got the cue and followed that example, I'm 99% sure things could have turned out very differently.

Take note that I'm saying this with full awareness that I was one of the most vehement Glom players during the event. I got carried away to the point where even my fellow players were asking me to tone it down.

#bringShikariback 

• Lavinya said:
    Arcanis said:
    Lavinya said:

I was actually referring to more than the d'Murani 'exodus'. Look back over the past year, and count how many Magnagorans quietly dispersed to elsewhere - to Gaudi, to Glom, to Hallifax...I'm sure not everyone left for the exact same reason, but it is usually telling of an org when people walk away. Like the time Glom had their big exodus and lots of people left. I guarantee it was to do with the current atmosphere with other players, and I say this with not being involved in the slightest.

And one wonders - is there no drama because I am nothing but a trouble making drama monger? Or perhaps because most of the people who cared to have contrary opinions are now gone or can't be bothered to fight?

...90% of those were d'murani...and they all did so after the election, some even stating it was because of that. Im sorry but if you quit your org because you lost an election and feel you had power slip from your hands, then that is pretty damn childish.

Also random comments about Magnagora apparently being a ghosttown...and yet it has one of the highest active populations and good standings in warfare (that with a 2v4 alliance). Im pretty sure if Magnagora is as terrible as people are saying, then it wouldnt be so active and achieving goals.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    So, you seem to think that we're saying it "outside Magnagora" like we've been outside of Magnagora the entire time when we haven't. Lavinya was a fundamental part of Nihilist society, and my first main character (Tremula) was born into Magnagora. It's not that we're looking at it from an outside point of view, we're looking -back- on it with the perspective of people who were inside and are now out.

You are not a part of what I went through, and I'd appreciate if you stop trying to bring it up. The people involved in it are attempting to work it out like civil adults, not drag each other around by the hair like we're on some bad reality television show. Stating that there are 10+ people who wrote e-mails in opposition to these legendary 'tremula e-mails' (that I don't even know about) is ridiculous when this wasn't about me. I didn't log onto my Mag design-alt once during this entire event, because I was busy in the real world. Instead of focusing on THE PROBLEM THAT THE DIVINE HAVE STATED  you're trying to divert attention to what you think it should be focused on. The attitude that people within Magnagora have adopted is one that does not make a large amount of people want to play there. Yes you have your clique and your outliers, but the vast majority of people are saying that this is not what is wanted or needed. That's like complaining to the council that a road has potholes and they respond with, "Well the people who drive on the road don't care about the potholes; they LIKE the potholes. Why don't the volunteer squads come fix our railings? What do you mean they can't get around the giant potholes?"

It doesn't work. You're being very aggressive to a lot of people on here and honestly it's not an attractive look you're putting on while you provide examples to the point they're making. Oh, and by the way? Adding 'hun' to the beginning of an insulting sentence doesn't make it witty or funny or amount to throwing shade, it makes you sound incredibly derogatory.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Oh lord...I said the hexed word of 'D'murani' and all its ghosts are popping up now to run and defend it. Sometimes I do wish more of the Mag playerbase was here to drown it out..
  • Tylwyth said:
    Darvellan said:
     Thirdly, both Celest and Glomdoring suffered from Karagash's attempt at combat prowess via the rat swarms, the very same night as Magnagora. Celest because Magnagora /asked/ him to, despite turning around and saying Karagash did nothing for them later, and Glomdoring because they taunted Karagash (or the rats or something; after I'd started I think I realized that the shout in question may have been directed elsewhere). . 
    I remember @xenthos saying he'd prompted that by yelling something in Celest.
    We were mostly dissappointed because they were so individually weak after seeing mags die to them.
    Also, was the Swamp rat that kept coming into Glomdoring before maeve got healed related to any of this?
    I was hoping  to RP with him a bit more...
    Yeah, there was some concern I made the rats *too* powerful, so I cut back on them for Celest and Glomdoring. These rats were just for Karagash's combat prowess testing.
     Look back over the past year, and count how many Magnagorans quietly dispersed to elsewhere - to Gaudi, to Glom, to Hallifax...

Actually...I should stop trying to be rational with you. You are convinced you are right about everything, including your massively misinformed presumptions. You're dragging me to your level and beating me with experience. 

• Tremula said:
    So, you seem to think that we're saying it "outside Magnagora" like we've been outside of Magnagora the entire time when we haven't. Lavinya was a fundamental part of Nihilist society, and my first main character (Tremula) was born into Magnagora. It's not that we're looking at it from an outside point of view, we're looking -back- on it with the perspective of people who were inside and are now out.

You are not a part of what I went through, and I'd appreciate if you stop trying to bring it up. The people involved in it are attempting to work it out like civil adults, not drag each other around by the hair like we're on some bad reality television show. Stating that there are 10+ people who wrote e-mails in opposition to these legendary 'tremula e-mails' (that I don't even know about) is ridiculous when this wasn't about me. I didn't log onto my Mag design-alt once during this entire event, because I was busy in the real world. Instead of focusing on THE PROBLEM THAT THE DIVINE HAVE STATED  you're trying to divert attention to what you think it should be focused on. The attitude that people within Magnagora have adopted is one that does not make a large amount of people want to play there. Yes you have your clique and your outliers, but the vast majority of people are saying that this is not what is wanted or needed. That's like complaining to the council that a road has potholes and they respond with, "Well the people who drive on the road don't care about the potholes; they LIKE the potholes. Why don't the volunteer squads come fix our railings? What do you mean they can't get around the giant potholes?"

It doesn't work. You're being very aggressive to a lot of people on here and honestly it's not an attractive look you're putting on while you provide examples to the point they're making. Oh, and by the way? Adding 'hun' to the beginning of an insulting sentence doesn't make it witty or funny or amount to throwing shade, it makes you sound incredibly derogatory.

The emails were in reply to when you first left Mag and complained of 'being abused out', but that is another story.

As to the point in hand which you mentioned that "THE GODS HAVE STATED", which is "we felt Mag was a toxic atmosphere", then that has already been discussed (and to death I might add).

We pointed out why Mag was upset with Karagash
    We (and several citizens that actually did so) pointed out why Karagash was insulted so heavily, because of the clash with Mag culture.
    We pointed out how a lot of the claims of toxicity was based mostly on the Karagash experience by Gods that generally were unfamiliar with Mag patronage.
    We pointed out that Mag has actually had some pretty positive interactions with its Divine, and even greeted Karagash pretty positively when he first arrived.

Finally, we came to the conclusion that it was just one big clash of "Divine RP" for Karagash against "Mag culture" that became quite a big mess. Not sure what more there is to say on this topic.
  • Lavinya said:
     Look back over the past year, and count how many Magnagorans quietly dispersed to elsewhere - to Gaudi, to Glom, to Hallifax...

Actually...I should stop trying to be rational with you. You are convinced you are right about everything, including your massively misinformed presumptions. You're dragging me to your level and beating me with experience. 

Im sorry but frankly you cant really use the shtick of "THEY ALL LEFT MAG" when Mag has such an active population..

People will leave from time to time (and then there is the d'murani exodus), but Mag actually retains more than it loses.

Again:

Mag has a very active population
    Mag has good standings in warfare
    Mag has good standings in political claims

There really is -no- facts on Mag being a ghosttown...
  • edited December 2015
    Arcanis, I'm curious.  Do you think Magnagora, you or any of their citizens have been in 'the wrong'?  And yes, excluding d'Murani, because I can assume that is your go to.  Do you think any of the people in here, including divine, have made any good points against Magnagora?

EDIT:  Tagging @Arcanis because I don't think he's seen this post.
  • edited December 2015
    Eritheyl said:
    Celina said:
    Alternatively, move Marcella. You CAN change your RP, despite how people react to the idea sometimes. I just did it with Celina. I encourage everyone, at some point, to try a change of perspective. It's really amazing what you learn when you force yourself out of your comfort zone.
    As both a prolific alter and orghopper, this. All of this, and the above from @Shaddus, too. The game becomes so much richer when you learn to appreciate different parts of it in different ways, from different angles. I don't understand how anyone could be stuck with one character, especially one character that is stuck in one place.

Of course I'm still a miserable bitch that hates all of you regardless but imagine if I didn't orghop.
    *raises hand* Hi!  How are you doing?

Despite some difficulties, it IS possible to experience things like that while also staying in one place.  It's called rp networking and keeping an open mind!  (Not to say that anyone isn't doing that already, I'm just explaining my method.)  I know some people don't have the luxury of doing this because of how they play their characters, but I'm lucky enough to have developed Gabby in away that I have a lot of friends across the Basin, including in enemy territories.  It also helps that Gabriella is related to everyone and their Mother (Thanks Sarrasri Talnara and Lehki Mes'ard).  @Maylea also teaches this sort of thing too, i.e. branching out and perspectives and such, so it helps if you have a semi-supportive God too.  You just have to be careful how you present yourself.

Shaddus said:
    Marcella said:
    I've never *been* outside Magnagora.

Maybe my previous, [I think] reasonable posts, if responded to, when I'm trying to open dialogue that I do want to have fun with the admins, I wouldn't be so pissy if it didn't look like they were 100% ignored and as soon as I get fed up with it it gets pointed to and goes THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T GET NICE THINGS.

I'm willing to try to work with you people but I don't know *HOW*.

I think your primary problem is that you -don't- do a small amount of metagaming. At some point, you're going to need to in order to realize the following: you can't "beat" Morgfyre, you're not going to destroy Glomdoring, and there are certain lines you really shouldn't cross, like attacking people in in a god's fulcrux.

That's not to say you can't oppose Morgy, and you can't actively work against Glomdoring, but you can't go at it the same way you go at opposing mortals, by swinging an axe (physically and verbally) and hoping people run into it. You're damned smart, and I know you can come up with ways to get what you want without alienating people oocly.

I'd also like to urge you to alt outside of Magnagora. Make a character that's the complete opposite of Marcella and roll with it. Step outside your comfort zone, and you'll be better for it.
    I actually disagree with this a few reasons: One, it's not (what I consider to be, even though it technically meets the definition of) metagaming to think about the person behind the character, it's just being a good person and realizing that this is just a game - and two, you shouldn't metagame!  It ruins a lot of things.  But the other thing is that she *doesn't* have to stop trying to do these things, just because it might make her unpopular.  That's just how her rp is.  She absolutely should consider a different method for discussion in the OOC forums, if she's not behaving in a way that is acceptable.  What I would suggest for her in game experience is the second half of your suggestion @Shaddus - that being, to open up, try new things, or at the very least a different APPROACH. What she cannot do is expect to get away with being OOCLY and ICLY abusive to an admin without there being consequences (but then, there's consequences for everything).  And yes, you do have to approach it a bit differently than how you do a mortal, but that's only because they're Gods ICly, and admins OOCly, and most of the time this sort of thing doesn't yield the same results.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Actually, now that I think about it, if anything perhaps the eye should be shifted on to Glomdoring.

It is quite the ghosttown
    It seems to be losing players at a rapid rate
    And frankly has had quite the issues with Gods as well

Perhaps rather than seem to focus on Mag being the 'negative experience', we should actually look to orgs that fill the criteria being listed.
This discussion has been closed.