Newbie questions about Orgs and RP

Hi everyone. I'm trying to settle in to my first real character on Lusternia after playing for a day or two, and I had a few quick Q's about orgs and RP.

Are there any cities/communes which stand out for RP? What about guilds? Orders? Do underpopulated groups get any perks to help them rebound? 

Of all the factions I enjoy Glomdoring's flavor the most but, from what I've seen, they're severely underpopulated. Hallifax appears to be the most active, especially in terms of RP, but it's my least favorite of all the city themes. Magnagora seems alright, but I don't know much about them other than them being evil demon/undead worshiping sorts. Because of this I'm at a loss for what to do! Any advice would be appreciated. :) Thanks

Answers

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    If Glom flavor is what attracts you, go for it. You'll find RP in any org, so it's best to dive in where you're most comfortable and feeling most creative. Org hopping is also not a huge deal (I've never done it myself, but speaking for Hallifax, we do try to make our immigrants feel welcome), so if things aren't as fun as you expected, there's no real stigma attached to switching. Welcome aboard!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • And you can trust me when I say Org population will shift.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Personally, I find it easier to find RPs in the low pop orgs/guilds. It's a higher concentration of people who take time to concern themselves all levels of their org, as the people who stick around when things aren't the greatest. That core group (all orgs do have them, they're just easier to find when most of the others have left) is a great source of lore, philosophy, etc. And they do a lot to add to their respective orgs, including trying to find ways to welcome you to stick around.

Ironically, it's in high-pop guilds/orgs where some folks just can't be bothered.

So if you like the environment, don't let being alone sometimes stop you. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Population definitely changes from year to year, and really season to season. Ascendancy is coming up soon which means there will likely be an influx of people coming back and logging in. Christmas holidays are kind of hit and miss when it comes to people being around.

I'd go with your gut and pick what is attracting you, but to be honest each org has its own individual roleplay. They can all be equally as fun, and nothing says you can't change your mind later.
  • Populations do tend to be in flux. Hallifax has been going fairly strong lately, but we've definitely had our slow periods. I know Glomdoring has some fantastic rpers, and their lore is incredibly rich, so if you're feeling drawn that way, go for it! 

Guild-wise, all guilds have some flavour of rp and most guilds have people who are pretty dedicated to that rp, the question will be whether timezones line up and how interesting you personally find that rp. Some people think that warriors/mages/guardians have more rooted rp, but I know that a lot of the bard and monk guilds have groups of people who've spent a lot of time working on and developping their rp, among them the Harbingers and the Nekotai, so I'd really suggest just going with whichever guild/skillset appeals most to you.

As to Orders, they can be an absolutely fantastic source of roleplay, and I do recommend getting involved with one once you've gotten your bearings a bit. If you look at HELP DIVINE, the Gods that are currently actively played by an Admin are on the left, the ones on the right are currently alive ic, but are not currently played. The latter may have a very active order, but as a relative newcomer, you may want to lean towards the former. 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Serenwilde does have potential for some very cutthroat stuff. They have background lore showing them caring way more about preserving themselves intact than anything else, and can totally do stuff that wouldn't be seen as morally good. The most famous example being leaving the citizens of Old Celest to die when they could have rescued a lot of them. But also some ecoterrorism and a bit of altering the memories of their own citizens and so on.