Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Night actions are all officially in! Stay tuned for incoming messages. (It usually takes me about an hour to hash out the flavor text!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Dawn breaks through the catacombs with little cheer this day, as the bedraggled and hungry nobles wearily rise to their feet. How long has the siege above been raging? How much longer can they hold out? They shake their heads, tired of asking themselves the same, unanswered questions.

Returning to the makeshift 'court' feels much like a walk to a scaffold with its inevitable cycle of dead, poisoned bodies. No one dares to hope for a miracle after so many hellish encounters.

But today, a miracle graces the French court for the first time since the dawn of the second day:

For no one has died this night.

IT IS DAY SIX OF THE SIEGE:

KING HENRY II SITS UPON THE THRONES OF FRANCE AND SCOTLAND

LONG MAY HE REIGN!

It currently takes 4 nobles to execute a member of the French court.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Haha! How are we still in this? I'm not even going to pretend like I know I have an idea of what's going on any more.
  • I'm sure Tekora will come out and claim I'm the last scum, since he blocked me last night.

Of course, on the flip side, he could also be the last scum; instead of killing me, he blocked me, in an attempt at getting me lynched.

Or, Silvanus jailed someone, and that someone was either the scum, or the target.
  • The best I can figure, either Tekora blocked whoever is killing, Silvanus jailed whoever is killing (or possibly their target?), or whoever is left has/have decided to forgo victory in favour of watching all of us lose our minds.

Well since this could very well be our last chance, I spent last night praying for forgiveness (night power gained on Mary's death) and so was immune to night actions.

Did come back from my prayers to the faint scent of roses though, so someone tried target me for something... @Tekora you mentioned a perfume blocking you before? Same thing?

While pretty much everything I've assumed has been spectacularly wrong up to now, a speculative guess is that it's flavour for an English/Tudor rose.

• I BLOCKED SSALISS.

Vote: Ssaliss
  • Uh, you do realise I've already said you did, right? And, while doing so, pointed out why it's far from iron-clad evidence as to why I'd be scum?
  • Currently trying to play catch-up. Just to make sure I have everything straight, I'm going to quick sketch out how the game would have looked at the beginning, assuming everyone who claimed what they have claimed is telling the truth. (ha)

English Mafia (1/16)
    - Synkarin - Robert Dudley - Protestant - Historical/Season 3 (Confirmed by death)

France (9/16)
    - Chirbo - Castleroy - Protestant - Seasons 1-2 (Confirmed by death)
    - Yarith - Nostradamus - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (Confirmed by death)
    - Shaddus - Duke of Guise - Catholic - Historicalish/Seasons 1-2 (Confirmed by death)
    Silvanus - King Henry II - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-2 (Not sure what further confirmation would persuade those still unpersuaded)
    - Celina - Queen Catherine - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (Admittedly only confirmed by Synkarin, but high probability of existing)
    - Lavinya - Diane de Poitiers - Catholic? - Historical/Seasons 1-2 (Very likely to be true)
    - Ushaara - Francis - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (High probability of his existing in the game)
    - Falmiis - Sebastien - Pagan - Seasons 1-3 (I would have expected him to be in the game)
    - Tekora - Princess Claude - Catholic - Seasons 1-3 (Claimed pretty early, but a fairly minor character)

Mary/Scotland (4/16)
    Vivet - Mary Queen of Scotts - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (Confirmed by death)
    Luce - Marie de Guise - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (Confirmed by death)
    Allyrianne - Lady Lola - Catholic - Seasons 1-3 (I know this to be true)
    Kiradawea - Clarissa - Enigma - Seasons 1-2 (Confirmed by death) 

Other (2/16)
    Ssaliss - Pope - Catholic - Historical/Mentioned in Seasons (Reasonable power/role in a game where religious factions play an important role)
    Othero - Antoine of Navarre - Catholic(?) - Historical/Seasons  (Confirmed as Navarran by Vivet)

Othero wasn't Elizabeth, otherwise he wouldn't have come up as Navarran.

Ushaara, Silvanus, Lavinya and Celina are all claiming big-name roles that haven't been counter-claimed for whatever reason.

You're the one claiming a role that doesn't even have an on-screen appearance in the show, just a mention by other characters?

How much more needs to be said to prove to the rest of you that claiming Pope is a classic safeclaim?

How many more times do I need to be right?
  • Or, you could look at the fact that I'm a religious investigator, something that's been proven to exist from Chirbo's role, and no one has counterclaimed it. Or are you suggesting that the scum for whatever reason have a religious investigator? What purpose would that serve, exactly, since it was explicitly mentioned that Chirbo might be mistaken for scum due to being Protestant?
  • Or you could look at the fact that every one of our role PMs has a picture of our character.

How can you be the Pope when the Pope doesn't have an on-screen appearance in the show?
  • It's kinda hard for me to argue about why I got the Pope role, when I wasn't the one who came up with the role in the first place, you know. Suffice it to say, I've got a picture in my role PM of the pope, which seems to come from Wikimedia commons. In case you're curious, more specifically I'm Pope Pius IV.
  • By the way, @Allyrianne, you never got into very many specifics about your role and powers.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I got jailed, for the record. For whatever reason.

I'm tempted to vote Tekora for the "how many more times must I be right" comment after being wrong about several things all game, BUT

vote: Ssaliss

ISHYGDDT
  • I was a bit rushed since it seemed important to claim as soon as I had a moment. I'm also not sure what you're looking for (aside from someone else to throw suspicion on) 

As Lady Lola, I started out Scottish, although since Mary's death I now consider myself loyal to King Henry II. I'm also pregnant with Francis's bastard, although he had no idea (I guess he does now?). Mary did know, which caused some tensions between us that I was attempting to move past by bringing her whatever news I could. (I could send her one message a night. Mostly I rambled at her about my theories based on the previous day which included what I pieced together about Silvanus, general suspicions of Synkarin and the whole Ushaara/Kiradawea argument)  My pregnancy with a royal bastard gives me a one-time protection against kills (night only, from what I understand).

While I agree there are multiple possible reasons for the lack of kills last night, reviewing the list of claims, I have to say that Ssaliss's is the one that doesn't fit. There is no other example of a historical character that is not physically present on the show. As Ushaara's(I think it was him?) mentioned, we don't know what would have happened if Vivet had investigated Chirbo. Her role power doesn't explicitly state that she only discovers nationality, just that she learns something from their belongings. Also, once his flavour text/role was revealed, those of us without powers pretty quickly figured out he was protestant, so the power may have been primarily alluding to that. We also know that Synkarin did have an investigative role, and was mafia, so claiming to be religious investigator would seem "safe."

Unless Diane de Poitier is going to go off the deep end with her show-only son dead, I think Vote: Ssaliss is the wisest option.
  • If Celina was the one who got jailed, then it looks pretty simple to me.

Vote: Tekora

Right now, we have four possibilities:

1) Celina is scum, and scum either had a double kill power for one night or she straight-up lied about her nightkill.

2) Tekora is scum and blocker, and is attempting to get ahead on the numbers by blocking me instead of killing me (it will, essentially, mean two people die instead of one).

3) Someone else is scum, and simply chose not to kill in order to confuse everyone.

4) The scum chose to target Celina despite her being immune to poisons.

I think 3) and 4) are pretty unlikely. Further, I investigated Celina as Catholic, so I'm not inclined to vote for her (even though her investigating as Catholic doesn't technically remove her from all doubt completely; it could be that we have a Catholic member of the scum, or one who investigates as Catholic). This leaves Tekora.
    Current Vote Count Update:

Ssaliss - Tekora, Celina, Allyrianne (3)

Tekora - Ssaliss (1)

In the kingdom of France, it takes the word of 4 nobles to lynch a member of the court.
    Daraius said:
  • Well, when tomorrow comes around, remember what I've said.
  • Okay, time to lay all the cards on the table.

I've been purposefully playing the 'bad guy' in this game because scum love having the ability to foist suspicion off on people who are disliked by the other players. It's simple psychology. If you don't like me, you're more willing to vote for me to get me out of the game. 

Synkarin fell for my bait. So has Ssaliss.

• Except I explained my vote above, and it had nothing to do with disliking you? It was between you and Celina, and I picked you over Celina because I investigated Celina as Catholic. If you weren't so blinded by confirmation bias, you would see you're completely wrong in this case. You've focused on one single thing the entire time: that I'm the Pope. If I actually had to make up a role, don't you think I'd be smart enough to look at the Reign Wiki and pick someone there, like (after a one-minute search) Father Lucien? Why would I pick the Pope, out of every Catholic?

Stop trying to pretend you're flawless and that you see through everything, when you apparently can't even see beyond your own nose.
    Oh god, I can't with the puppet master thing.
    But my vote goes to Ssaliss simply because the Pope role does not fit here.

I admit, I don't quite understand why he'd fake claim that role specifically, perhaps to avoid conflicting claims, but here's hoping Sylandra didn't throw us all through a loop with that role.
    Only thing that's preventing me from lynching Ssaliss now, is that I still want to know more about this 'change in the air' that blocked you Tekora? And how were you blocked on Night 1? Same way?

As mentioned I came back last night to a scent of roses, but if this is the roleblock, I don't see why the English would target me with a roleblock over you/Celina.
  • Then I fear you'll be disappointed, because that's the role I was given.
  • No, I was blocked by a man stepping in front of me and demanding my attention. It's why I'm convinced Shaddus protected Yarith on Night 1.
  • The 'change in the air' was what blocked me on Night 3 when I tried to target Synkarin.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Then I fear you'll be disappointed, because that's the role I was given.
    Oh come on, Synkarin pulled the same 'I'M INNOCENT' schtick even after his lynch. At least give us some good ol' fashioned fire and brimstone diatribing befitting of the downfall of a Godfather.
  • Well, I don't lie, so I'm afraid you won't get that from me.