How'd you get Demi?

I hear it's different for everyone. If I'm not mistaken, @Marcella got it by sacrificing her late wife (husband? screw gender roles), @Vladimere got it on an ur'Bash, @Zeleni got it on a group hunt .. the list goes on and on. Yarou's currently level81 and it feels like she's going to be stuck there forever, no matter how hard she hunts ;=;

How did you get Demigod and what advice would you give to aspiring Demigods?

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I shall spoil the different for everyone. Mine is same as Vladimere.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I got Ascended. I never was a Demigod.
  • All I did was influence, it might of took me over 100 hours, but i'm not certain on how many hours it did take me.
  • It took me a good 5-6 RL years. I was lazy once I got 80.

Point of it is - you don't need demi if you don't PvP. You can just do rp things and be fine at post 80.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited January 2016
    I found myself at 99.99% this morning but I was preparing for work and just wanted to get it out of the way so I just continued to influence. The only excitement about the whole thing was from @Ayisdra telling me he was constantly looking at my guild score up to that point. Would have thought of something more special if I had more time.

As for how I got there in the first place, some aetherhunting, some astral hunting and a whole lot of influencing.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Never made demi either.
  • Sat under the exp faucet on the Ilostia.
  • Got leveled up in Ilocia, hit Level 99 (99.96%) or something and went into Ethereal Serenwilde. Killed one or two Ladies to drag Serenwilde up and then murdered another Lady to ascend into a Demigoddess in front of everyone. Showed up later on to flaunt divine fire and then a few weeks later, Divinefire got nerfed. Woe.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It took me about a quarter of a second to go from 80-100, and then 101. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I would never have done it without all the people I met along the way. I didn't even care to, for a long time (it took me five RL years to reach demi. I sat at 60-70 for over three.) I'm terribad at bashing. But people said demi makes life better, and they were right.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Subotai got demi ur'bashing with Munsia on my phone at work. Pesukaru was aetherhunting and got demi, then immediately got handed avatar by Lyreth. (<3 Lyreth, who believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself. Or gave me avatar out of pity.) Shaddus got demi from the Wheel. Entrias got demi solo astral bashing during a greathunt.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Old school ur'bash in the days of Thoros. 
  • Celina said:
    Old school ur'bash in the days of Thoros. 
    Yeah, I hear those were amazing @_@'

• I think that if you join a couple of aetherhunts and you're transcendent in influence you can get Demi god in a few months but make sure you join group hunts and all that

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Munsia hunt.
  • The final blow that did it was killing a three-headed bull up on Astral. However, I got that point by aetherhunting a SHITTON (and blowing up again and again and again and again...). @Marcella's laughed at me for blowing up at least half a dozen times.

I'm not sure what the most efficient way of leveling is, but I'm sure it's somewhere between Astral hunts with large groups and influencing. I don't know where aetherhunting lies in that, but to me shooting black dragons is the most fun. Plus, I got to work on my aetherhunting triggers while doing so! Yay multitasking!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited January 2016
    Between influencing my arse off from levels 85-99 and a hard push through ur'bashing with Munsia (I love them, but couldn't survive the big ones without wimping out and hiding while leeching exp). 

Once I hit 99.99%, I sat down and prayed to @Drocilla (I hope she has it saved) for 'Your Divine Hand to fan my Spark, that I might join the ranks of Demidivinity and serve You in greater ways". She promptly gave me a giant favour that I had to wait off (and shortened it when she realised just how long she would have made me wait) for about two or three days, and then in front of everyone at the Megalith, I ascended to the havens. As soon as I did, a heavenly choir resounded throughout the entire Prime Plane:

And then my silhouette got painted in gold against the sky:

So if you ever here me refer to myself as Tremcules, that's why.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I would probably still be lazing about at around level 94 if it weren't for @Morgfyre telling me to get off my butt and fan my spark because He had plans for me. So I became mildly less lazy and worked on levelling, mostly with influencing. The final push came during a full week of double XP, where I gained the last 10% or so of Titan on an aetherhunt, though I stopped right before and sacrificed Tortuga to actually hit demi. (Yep ascended out of the ship, then they picked me back up and helped me work on a buffer!)

Oh and like, the next day, I was made avatar and order head. Plans indeed!

• edited January 2016
    Jeez, you guys made attaining demidivinity into a cool event... Legitimately jealous for not thinking of doing something similar; I just wanted to power through it!

• Havastus said:
    Jeez, you guys made attaining demidivinity into a cool event... Legitimately jealous for not thinking of doing something similar; I just wanted to power through it!
    Yup, I'm jealous, too. I can't imagine anything as dramatic as ascending to order head or some other fancy rank thing just days after getting Demi. Or even interacting at length with a Divine, which would be pretty cool in itself. Idk, Yarou wants so bad to be apart of something bigger than herself but at this point it looks like she's going to become an atheist or worship the stars like a hippie lol.

• I hopped off the ur'bash at 99.99% and sac'd Lillie for demigod in a ritual, yeah.
  • I took forever to get there. In the end it was actually @Hoaracle coming back that did it, mostly because I got excited and started not grinding for exp but for essence for him.
    Eventually that goal ended up getting me to 99 and for the last stretch I loaded up on xp buffs and pushed through in a weekend I think.

Would have loved to have something roleplayed, but it probably would have been more "oh demi now... more essence for the Whacher!"
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2016
    I've purposely gone out of my way to get it through more mundane means. So far I've gotten characters to demi by: killing a baby rat, giving a sprite to Gwyllgi, and empowering a volt.

If I do another demi at some point, I'll probably aim for a mosquito kill to finish it next.

• Talan said:
    Uphill both ways, with no shoes on, in the middle of winter.
    I knew you were a Shaddus alt.
  • Vivet said:
    I've purposely gone out of my way to get it through more mundane means. So far I've gotten characters to demi by: killing a baby rat, giving a sprite to Gwyllgi, and empowering a volt.

If I do another demi at some point, I'll probably aim for a mosquito kill to finish it next.

Empowering a volt is how I did it too

• I really wanted Stratas to get demi through a Harbinger guild rite. I had plans and -everything-.

And right about that time we hit one of those periods where our GM wasn't around much and our population was too inconsistent to ever hope for having 5 on when they were around, so. I did something else. Not sure what anymore, but I'm guessing there was no fanfare.

Saleo rode the Hallifax aetherhunt gravy train all the way there.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Forgot who we got to demi using a guild rite. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I got demi on an aetherhunt. On the empath chair. The 'yay' was almost immediately replaced by a 'oh noooo' as I realized that you are force-ported to the divine havens on getting demigod and I had a ship full of people that were hunted by dragons who suddenly didn't have any empath. I didn't have planarbond at the moment either, so I had no way of reaching them as the ship wasn't bonded, I think.

I was very glad that they all survived and came back to pick me up.

As for advice, just don't expect it to go quickly, just do stuff you enjoy doing and it'll hit you eventually. Post 80, trying to 'push' to demi doesn't really do it, I think.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    I got demi on an aetherhunt. On the empath chair. The 'yay' was almost immediately replaced by a 'oh noooo' as I realized that you are force-ported to the divine havens on getting demigod and I had a ship full of people that were hunted by dragons who suddenly didn't have any empath. I didn't have planarbond at the moment either, so I had no way of reaching them as the ship wasn't bonded, I think.

I was very glad that they all survived and came back to pick me up.

As for advice, just don't expect it to go quickly, just do stuff you enjoy doing and it'll hit you eventually. Post 80, trying to 'push' to demi doesn't really do it, I think.

Ah, I remember that! I was piloting that particular voyage, when all of a sudden I was receiving messages saying that I should leave. Was very confused because we weren't exploding at the time (a rarity whenever I pilot!). The panic set in once folks realized that our Empath was no longer locked in!

Good times!