Guild Overhaul [Confirmed]

123457»

Comments

• SaranSaran Member Posts: 1,600 Mythical
    Thax said:
    We have been trying to catch up on other things so they are probably going to take on a bigger focus early next year. The faction planning clans are still there if you want to give them a poke and see where they are at. 
    Thanks ^_^

Ours has been pretty quiet, I think we got near the end of a stage right before Iosai came back so there isn't much to do til focus returns. Well other than personal brain storming >_>
  • VeyilsVeyils Member Posts: 1,095 Fabled
    Can I get a bit of info for the plans and what's going to happen to existing guild structures. Such as the help files, the guild bank and credits and guild halls and library etc.

Like are we going to transfer the credits into the new factions, or maybe just move them into a common community pool for the org. if so how do we pick who's guilds stuff goes to which faction?

Just with the the upcoming changes I don't want to see anything lost or wasted.
  • WeiwaeWeiwae Member, Gods Posts: 393 Divine
    Veyils said:
    Can I get a bit of info for the plans and what's going to happen to existing guild structures. Such as the help files, the guild bank and credits and guild halls and library etc.

Like are we going to transfer the credits into the new factions, or maybe just move them into a common community pool for the org. if so how do we pick who's guilds stuff goes to which faction?

Part of the process for the faction clans is to collect all this information and see what makes the most sense for each guild/faction.  If you have a particular guild in mind, speak to your guild master or someone in the faction clan for your city.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 5,428 Transcendent
    Weiwae said:
    Veyils said:

Part of the process for the faction clans is to collect all this information and see what makes the most sense for each guild/faction.  If you have a particular guild in mind, speak to your guild master or someone in the faction clan for your city.
    Last I heard it was all still completely out of the hands of anyone involved with us, and we were still awaiting word from On High as to how things would be going re: all our current guild stuff.

Is that different now?
  • ThaxThax Member, Gods Posts: 48 Divine
    Xenthos said:
    Weiwae said:
    Veyils said:

Last I heard it was all still completely out of the hands of anyone involved with us, and we were still awaiting word from On High as to how things would be going re: all our current guild stuff.

Is that different now?
    It has always been our plan to do what @Weiwae posted. Most of us haven't gotten to that point yet, but we will be looking at what currently exists and where it needs to go in terms of guild items/libraries/gold/credits/rituals/etc. as we move through the process.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Three Lakes, WIMember Posts: 2,687 Transcendent
    I think my preference re: rituals would be to take some of the old, really cherished rituals and tweak/adapt them to new factions. Using my standard example, the Three Warriors vision quests are very much Serenguard-based and -centered. But with some changes, they could relatively smoothly be adapted to the Wodewoses. Likewise, the Serenguard view of ancestors and ancestor spirits could be taken and incorporated into the Ancestralists. It would no longer be "Serenguard" ideology and would look different, but could be incorporated.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    For credits/gold the best option seems to be to combine them and equally divide them into each faction within the org, if not that then I'd expect it'd all just go to the parent org and they can do with it what they wish.

I think a lot of our rp transition will probably end up like Everiine describes, perhaps not even necessarily as a discrete part of the transition but something that evolves over time.

I would absolutely love to see the guild halls become a kind of "class hall", which would be accessible to anyone with the class (active or flexed) who is a member of the org.

One thing that might be cool would be if the org council/leader could give cards to access the bookshelves, and if they could change the books to restricted or secret. This could mean that the rituals and the like could be stored in a restricted or secret access level, ready and waiting for someone who is trusted to read them. Though, I would suggest maybe locking the ability to shelve and unshelve so the libraries would be preserved in their final state allowing the guilds to define what would be left and what would remain a secret forever.

If that were implemented, that's where I'd suggest we recordi things like lore, advancement systems, anything that people would like to leave behind but that won't be transitioning into something else. 

that was longer than intended >_> but yeah, I guess it'd kinda leave the guild halls there as a preserved memory of what was, a meeting place for people who share a class.
  • AnaklusmosAnaklusmos Member Posts: 72 Capable
    Please make it so that the Guild Overhaul happens all at once. Tie it into the Ascension so there's a plausible world-changing RP event. 

One of the biggest mistakes of Achaea's similar Renaissance was drawing it out over more than a RL year. People became impatient. Some players left, some got 'stuck' in a House they kind of liked but two months later a House that fit them much better rolled around.
    @Anaklusmos I believe that's why all of this stuff is being sorted out now, afaik the Achaea one took so long because they did this and released them as they were ready?
    Would it maybe be possible for factions to have the option to customise implements for the classes in their org?
    By this I mean like the athame that a wiccan summons, or the staff an aeromancer summons.

There could be an option when summoning the implement to instead summon your factions implement, which would enable people to still use the default if they prefer it. 
  • VeyilsVeyils Member Posts: 1,095 Fabled
    edited January 11
    Saran said:
    Would it maybe be possible for factions to have the option to customise implements for the classes in their org?
    By this I mean like the athame that a wiccan summons, or the staff an aeromancer summons.

There could be an option when summoning the implement to instead summon your factions implement, which would enable people to still use the default if they prefer it. 

Oh I love that. So wiccan from faction A may have a shadowy athame, while wiccan from faction B will have a blood dripping one. Or something akin to that.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne Member Posts: 2,450 Transcendent
    edited January 11
    I'd work on wyrden cudgels and athames before introducing the custom elemental staffs, honestly. I hated seeing a column of emerald light when I summoned my BT cudgel. It needs to be all purple!

Maligorn said:
    I'd work on wyrden cudgels and athames before introducing the custom elemental staffs, honestly. I hated seeing a column of emerald light when I summoned my BT cudgel. It needs to be all purple!
    I've also previously asked for them to just be crafted like warriors, bards, and monks.
    Maybe implementing this could mean modifying the lines so they work more nicely for Glomdoring?
    Will there be an opportunity to discuss the basic mechanics of how factions are set up at all?

Mostly relating to how leadership will work. Like...
    Triumvirates? Could that be extended or reduced such as a Pentad?
    Will we still be specifically electing each position or will they be general seats and the leadership will chose among themselves who is the council rep?
    If the former, what exactly would the three cover, mostly in relation to the champ as this position might not hold the same meaning without the link to class, though if we keep them how would the champion artifact change? If the later, would we change the guild artifacts to be resetting to an office/vault/etc which the leaders can retrieve them from and all be able to use?

Would we be able to change up the secretary/undersecretary/archivist/professor design? Could those roles be more flexible, being defined by the guild leaders themselves? Could we have a ministry style option where there are non-leader positions that are held by a single person by they can appoint aides to work with them? Would protector/security work still or should all of that be merged into an org level ministry or some other solution?

Mostly asking because a lot of them seem like things that would need to be decided before any real coding begins.
    The level of flexibility that might be possible is why I ask, I'd love to see say... one person being appointed the librarian of a faction and they can manage their aides as they like.
    If the collegium is run by a council of faction representatives, maybe who that is can also be decided by the faction leaders like they appoint their org council representative. Maybe if they want the responsibility could be added to one of the "offices" and the office bearer is the rep.

If the customisation of the other roles is in the hands of the faction leaders, they might end up being increasingly unique. Maybe one faction has each as a department head for functional aspects(novice helpers, librarians, advancement people), maybe some that are less mechanical and more rp (Master of Rituals, Caretaker of the Faction Hall), whatever people might come up with really.
    Though then we'd have to look at how we restrict things if the positions can change, like maybe there's a series of privileges that are effectively clearance? Special items/rooms could require a certain faction rank and/or a certain clearance. Like having access to offices, restricted spaces, important objects.
    Though on the other hand if the possibility of change is too problematic, maybe it can be in the hands of the admin. Set up at the beginning and kinda locked in, but if necessary we can request a change.

Okay... so that ended up longer than I expected... I should stop for now >_>
  • ThaxThax Member, Gods Posts: 48 Divine
    @Saran we are currently waiting for a coding feasibility review on what we are able to do with leadership structure, but we will keep you updated as we go!

One of our big changes we looked at is increasing customizability of positions and privileges and who represents a Faction on the city/commune council, but we haven't finalized anything there yet.
123457»
This discussion has been closed.