The New Coalitions for Glomdoring Thread[+]

Comments

• TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,487 Fabled
    Tides of change shoudl be Wyrden Tide maybe?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen CanadaMember Posts: 1,330 Transcendent
    edited February 2016
    Well, I actually like your ideas, @Kregarn, now that I can see them fitting a bit better into what we want to accomplish.
    Tonight amidst the mountaintops   
    And endless starless night   
    Singing how the wind was lost   
    Before an earthly flight
  • KaalakKaalak Member Posts: 515 Fabled
    Tylwyth said:
    Tides of change shoudl be Wyrden Tide maybe?

Wyrd Wave.
    Celina says "Well I was only mocking out of obligation."
  • KregarnKregarn Member Posts: 34 Capable

Rancoura said:
    Well, I actually like your ideas, @Kregarn, now that I can see them fitting a bit better into what we want to accomplish.
    Well, I apologize if I came off as harsh. It wasn't my intent to do so. I care about Glomdoring and preserving some of the culture that the guilds have built over time. I was involved in the Harbinger's last lore development and saw how much life it brought to the guild's understanding and place in Glomdoring. I would hate to lose out because we went with something generic. I want Glom to be the best. (I mean it already is, obviously.)

My ideas are not perfect, I totally understand that. There's a lot to work with in order to properly develop them, though. If I can help with that or any other direction you all decide to go with, I'm glad to.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice Member Posts: 2,622 Transcendent
    The path that Kregarn is taking seems best if we do not want to divide people between pk & non-pk-ers.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• NienlaNienla Member Posts: 272 Expert
    The reality is that PK'ers and non-PK'ers may segregate themselves regardless of how you set up the organizations. Even more so, if you're afraid to do a savage, merciless, bloody guild because you think that's where all the fighters are going to go despite that being a large facet of Glom's culture, you're missing out on a pretty large facet of what makes Glomdoring what it is.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective. Member Posts: 4,471 Transcendent
    I agree with Nienla. Ultimately this is a conversation about how people believe the heavy PKers will organize. My advice is to let them organize how they want to, rather than trying to rig the system to force them apart. Build factions for your organization, and let the players decide where they want to go, rather than preemptively trying to decide for them.
  • NochtNocht Member, Gods Posts: 89 Divine
    edited February 2016
    I'm inclined to agree with @Nienla and @Celina that regardless of how you design the factions, the PK crowd may still end up sticking together since we're divorcing class from membership.

I still like the idea/theme of one focusing on evolution. To me though, the other two seem almost the same with the difference being that one does things mercilessly and the other does it subtly.
  • KregarnKregarn Member Posts: 34 Capable

Nocht said:

I still like the idea/theme of one focusing on evolution. To me though, the other two seem almost the same with the difference being that one does things mercilessly and the other does it subtly.
    I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing but it'll end up being in how it's built. Again, it's a rough idea and how it develops could be pretty drastically changed or maneuvered.
  • KaalakKaalak Member Posts: 515 Fabled
    Nocht said:
    I'm inclined to agree with @Nienla and @Celina that regardless of how you design the factions, the PK crowd may still end up sticking together since we're divorcing class from membership.

Is you concern with the "merciless/subtle" division that a) the PK crowd will all dogpile the merciless faction; or is it that b) the "merciless/subtle" division is not defined well enough as independent themes. 

If the issue is (a), it occurred to me just now that you could run a glomdoring specific survey (or wider) and ask the fighters directly if they would all group together in a "merciless" faction regardless of other choices.  Might give some insight as to how the Glomdoring fighter population will move. 
    Celina says "Well I was only mocking out of obligation."
  • CorissaiCorissai Member Posts: 2 Inept
    This is exciting and terrifying. I dislike the idea of ordinary combat/scholar/politics divides, and feel that each faction should be able to attract each variety of player, just like guilds do now. I can't wait to see what happens!

I do have some concerns, however, and I don't think it's prudent to begin to define three emergent factions without certain information (which perhaps I've simply not found).
    • How will skills be affected, and how will skillchoice lists be handled by each faction?
    • What will happen to guildhalls and guild records? Should we be transcribing newsposts and existing scrolls and written texts for posterity?
    • What will happen to significant beings and artifacts such as the Docets of Crow, the Wyrdenwood grove, the Voice of Mahalla?
    It's so exciting to think that Corissai might finally be able to understand the secrets of the fae, the forest, the spirits -and- the Wyrd, on top of his beloved shamanism, and better yet, that the forest(s) might be able to protect all their entrances!

Please, please, please can we alter the Shadowdancer's side of Wicca? It would be -perfect- in every way if the Glomdoring were able to command the dark fae, and the Seren the more traditional fae. I'd be delighted to hear that we stopped using Elfenehoala's brownies and started using @Manteekan 's spriggans. I have lists.

• KileeKilee Member Posts: 354 Master
    Bumping for request of new info!
    Your numbers today are:
  • SalomeSalome Member Posts: 677 Mythical
    Kilee said:

Bumping for request of new info!

Currently Oneiroi and friends Guild leaders and others are working on solidifying factions, we haven't done work in a little bit. But I'm sure it will pick up after summertime.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • VeyilsVeyils Member Posts: 1,442 Mythical
    I know theres been a lot of discussion in some channels over the names and styles plus there has been a few posts for most other orgs.

Is there any update to the Glomdoring names/plans yet that you are happy to release to the public yet?
  • CrekCrek Member Posts: 210 Virtuoso
    We have the basic themes kind of agreed upon. Just trying to settle on the names for two of them. Waiting for @Nocht or @Manteekan to give the go ahead.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • VeyilsVeyils Member Posts: 1,442 Mythical
    With the guild audit starting is there any public info we can get now for the proposed glom factions at all?
  • LeradLerad Member Posts: 2,399 Transcendent
    You should probably ask to be put into the clan, anyway, being the CL and all. Just need to get a hold of one of the admin with the rights.

• SaranSaran Member Posts: 1,687 Mythical
    Veyils said:
    With the guild audit starting is there any public info we can get now for the proposed glom factions at all?
    Personally also kinda interested, all the other orgs have various bits of public information about their factions. At the least, all of the names are known, though I believe we have info on all of them except Glomdoring.
  • FylerFyler Member Posts: 598 Mythical
    All of them have to have a synonym of "dark," or it's not Glom enough. Tenebrous Shadowy Dark Servants of Midnight Penumbral still Dark Wyrd
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne Member Posts: 2,674 Transcendent
    edited February 2
    Stygian, Dusky Ebonwardens of the Black, Aphotic, Caliginous Copse

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen CanadaMember Posts: 1,330 Transcendent
    edited February 2
    In that vein of news, Rancoura is moving to Serenwilde to escape (yes, escape) the happy Snugglebunnies!
    Before an earthly flight
  • CrekCrek Member Posts: 210 Virtuoso
    Snugglebunnies, not bears!
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
    Better?  :*
    Before an earthly flight
    What about the Felllowship of the Glitterbears?
    They could have their own faction pet, the Glitterbear.

• LisaeraLisaera Gods Posts: 171 Divine
    Sadly, you will not find the likes of that nonsense in my forest. You must be thinking of Hallifax. #shotsfired
    Do you love my adorable avatar? I have the wonderful Feyrll to thank for that! See if she's still taking commissions so that you, too, can be rendered as a baby!
  • LavinyaLavinya Former Queen of Snark AustraliaMember Posts: 3,354 Transcendent
    Some of us would really like to know what the Glom faction names are! :)

Um, lets see:
    1)The Wyrden Tenders: loosely SD/BT combo. Focuses on gathering power and "tending" the existing wyrd(mulching?), plus preparing for flares villages, to help it spread.
    2)The Wyrden Song: bardish based. Focuses on wyrden cultural promotion. submissions, culture rating, sprading the wyrd to villages and aetherbubbles.
    3)The Wyrden Shield: EB/Nekotai based? Focuses on "defending the wyrd" gathering power, security things?, keeping an eye on totems sprading the wyrd to villages and aetherbubbles, aethercraft /raining?

edited February 2
    Those aren't official, just stuff I whipped up/imperfect suggestions

• LeradLerad Member Posts: 2,399 Transcendent
    Actually, there really is no reason why we can't share it right? I can't remember if we were told not to. I should've just copy-pasted it last night when I posted my previous comment. I'd do it now, but I'm at work, so it'll have to wait till I get back, at least.

If I'm not supposed to, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just paste it once I get home.