The New Coalitions for Glomdoring Thread[+]

124»

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 5,781 Transcendent
    Lerad said:
    Actually, there really is no reason why we can't share it right? I can't remember if we were told not to. I should've just copy-pasted it last night when I posted my previous comment. I'd do it now, but I'm at work, so it'll have to wait till I get back, at least.

If I'm not supposed to, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just paste it once I get home.
    Crek has been trying to catch one of our shepherd folk to see if they will post it-- or at least authorize him to do so.
  • CrekCrek Member Posts: 209 Virtuoso
    Doing my nightly attempt now, in fact.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
    Thank you Papa @Nocht and Uncle @Manteekan! Now I don't feel horrible keeping things hush on forums.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
  • KalaneyaKalaneya Member Posts: 264 Master
    On a mini vacation right now so can't fully respond but GUYS GUYS GUYS I'M SUPER EXCITED

First impression is that there's good ways to incorporate a lot of play styles though the swarm feels slightly more one dimensional than the others. I think the use of tahv'rai just in the thornwatch is a bit unusual, I feel it should probably should unite the factions as opposed to being the driving force in just one faction. I have to think about this a little more. Not enough coffee yet. 
    Kalaneya said:
    On a mini vacation right now so can't fully respond but GUYS GUYS GUYS I'M SUPER EXCITED

First impression is that there's good ways to incorporate a lot of play styles though the swarm feels slightly more one dimensional than the others. I think the use of tahv'rai just in the thornwatch is a bit unusual, I feel it should probably should unite the factions as opposed to being the driving force in just one faction. I have to think about this a little more. Not enough coffee yet. 
    Thornwatch was originally going to be Wardens and have a theme of duty (to tend the Wyrd). Hence the use of tah'vrai.
    Kalaneya said:

One thing of note is that our factions aren't the sole place for their own thing.  They just emphasize different aspects of Glomdoring that everyone should be caring about to one degree or another (so you end up with the one that has the strongest focus on the things you feel most strongly about).  You never discard / ignore them.  Our factions are meant to be cohesive parts of a whole working together.
  • TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,487 Fabled
    Yeah there is a nice overlap, which I know was a concern[well, part of the concern of putting all the PKer's into one faction...].

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Nothing stopping a Swarm person from praying to Crow/Night for guidance before they go out. Nothing stopping a Thornwatch from deciding a ravenwood would look really nice in Caoimhe. Nothing stopping an Augur from defending the commune borders.

That was our goal with these three. There is something in each faction for everyone.
  • VeyilsVeyils Member Posts: 1,441 Mythical
    edited February 6
    It does feel like they are fairly open and one people could easily fit into any of the three.
  • SaranSaran Member Posts: 1,687 Mythical
    Oh, so that's why we couldn't name the sowers the Augurs. :pensive:

Would be completely torn between the Auguries and Swarm they sound cool
  • DylaraDylara Member Posts: 1,287 Transcendent
    You guys were the reason we couldn't name one of our guilds Keepers. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Three Lakes, WIMember Posts: 2,762 Transcendent
    But we ended up not using Keepers :P . And I'm glad, I never liked it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SaranSaran Member Posts: 1,687 Mythical
    Dylara said:
    You guys were the reason we couldn't name one of our guilds Keepers. :(
    Aww, forests having similar ideas heh.
  • KalaneyaKalaneya Member Posts: 264 Master
    Xenthos said:
    Kalaneya said:

One thing of note is that our factions aren't the sole place for their own thing.  They just emphasize different aspects of Glomdoring that everyone should be caring about to one degree or another (so you end up with the one that has the strongest focus on the things you feel most strongly about).  You never discard / ignore them.  Our factions are meant to be cohesive parts of a whole working together.
    Definitely agree! Sorry if I came off as saying the descriptions were too restrictive, because I think the opposite! There seems to be a lot of ways to incorporate different playstyles in each faction. I think my nitpick is more semantic; I always saw tahv'rai as major overarching Glom-wide belief so using it for just one faction stuck out like a sore thumb for me when the other factions have more specific characterizations. Reading the brief there, it seemed that 'cultivators' or 'nurturers' is how I'd describe it and keep tahv'rai as unaffiliated, I suppose. I don't even know if those descriptors will play into the final help files or documentation for the factions anyway, so it might just be a moot point and I'll just stfu.

Side note, while I think Thornwatch is a fabulous name, I also recognized it instantly as the name of the Penny Arcade board game venture (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/thornwatch). I have no opinion on whether this is good or bad.

So much I don't know, but again, great work to everyone involved, I'm really looking forward to the future!
  • FylerFyler Member Posts: 598 Mythical
    Well done, guys and gals! 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LeolaminsLeolamins Member Posts: 351 Fabled
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.  I'm a big fan of the Swarm.  If Leo ever logs in, we know where he will go.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

edited April 29
    Ok so the Swarm is up. Once they let Raemourne inguild.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen CanadaMember Posts: 1,329 Transcendent
    He's already fixed.
    Tonight amidst the mountaintops   
    And endless starless night   
    Singing how the wind was lost   
    Before an earthly flight
    Rancoura said:
    He's already fixed.
    If only we had a super-awesome Admin team who were on the ball in addressing things and getting them fixed for players to enjoy.

Oh, wait.  We do!
    edited April 29
    Oh Good!
    The Multitude is an awesome title/suffix BTW....

124»