Any interest in a web client system?

I am new to Lusternia and HATE HATE Mudlet and looks like the MUSHclient systems are not well maintained. I have written a full system for another IRE game (MKO) for the web client and would consider undertaking this for Lusternia if there is interest and support from players. If not guess I'll see if I breathe life into one of the MUSHclient systems, because did I mention I HATE Mudlet?

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I just don't see how anything beyond simple bashing would work in the web client system. It lags out crazily when the input starts rolling in.
  • I think it depends on several things some of it is ignoring some of the noise that comes in another is tapping into the underlying client to use lots of the variables already created in it rather than creating and managing your own. I'll poke and prod here and if I have any success I'll let you know what I see. I know MKO actually uses a separate GMCP engine for the webclient than for the telnet based clients and it needed lots of optimizing and slowly worked big chunks of the lag out. Still some issues with it but I was working with them and the IRE team to try and trim that out as well.

• It might be extremely benefical to newbies, and I'm all for that :)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    By all means, this is a great project to tackle, I'd tinkered a bit myself and ended up abandoning it because it just chokes at the worst possible times.
  • edited February 2016
    I saw 'web client' in the title and went goat wild.

That being said, UM YES. I would be very much interested in a web client system. PLS DO THIS. I'd be happy to give you whatever support or information you need, even if it means shedding blood >:D

• I have worked directly with some of the IRE coders who wrote the Web client so I am willing to continue working with them to see if we can resolve the issues around the GMCP performance issues that seem to pop up mostly during PvP and not other times even though other times there can be just as much GMCP traffic. I'll pulled some of my core engines over from MKO definitely not exact matches in any way shape or form but they give me a framework for setting things up that will make it easier to move forward.
  • edited February 2016
    I don't think anything beyond influencing and light bashing will be realistic for the lagbeast that is webclient.
  • <3 Geolith. 
    I'm trying to work on something for aetherhunting. I'll put that up here if I manage to remember enough. 
  • Late to the party but I would love this, I spend more and more time on the webclient and it would be great to have something there to support me doing more than sitting around.
  • I'll be willing to help.
  • I have a basic Nexus client system going, no where near ready for release, currently it handles basic things like zone notifications, autostanding, basic sipping, and influencing and hooks into the IRE targeting system, working on utility things like collecting gold and corpses, getting and removing things from packs, basic quick aliases, ie tpn - teleport nexus, tpa - teleport aaetherplex, pack/unpack items from your pack, and basic aethership combat, like triggering targets and attacks off ship comms, once I get something worth passing on, I'll make it available if there is interest. 
  • This would be perfect. Since I started playing Lusternia again, I've been using the web client over Mudlet. I dread the thought of changing now I'm used to Nexus. Even if it's a basic system, it'd be better than nothing!
  • OK Looking for feedback on what people are wanting/needing in the webclient, still new enough to Lusternia to not know enough to know what all is needed. 

I have 

1. Influencer with toggles for performance and oils 
    2. Manages pipes including non-rune pipes keeps them lit and filled
    3. Healing ( slush/steam/dust/ice, pipes, entangled, fear, disrupted)  -- need to build in some priorities already have some like Aeon, paralysis, asthma, etc..
    4. Autostanding (with toggles to turn it off) 
    5. Autowake (with toggles to turn it off) 
    6. Utility scripts for pack/unpack, teleport nexus, teleport aetherplex
    7. Basic sipper that is shut off and using auto curing for h/m/e but it's there to be tweaked if someone wants it
    8. Working on basic wakeup scripts but still learning all those
    9. Toggle for automatic learning so you don't have to sit there learn 100 x from trainer
    10. Hooks into the Nexus targeting for bashing
    11. Basic Aethership commands
    12. Working on a link to the XML maps so perhaps we can search for room numbers like people with mudlet mapper can 

What else is needed 
  • not sure how good it is, but there's serverside sipping which appears to use vials, scrolls, and sparkle.
  • Tambador said:
    OK Looking for feedback on what people are wanting/needing in the webclient, still new enough to Lusternia to not know enough to know what all is needed. 

I have 

1. Influencer with toggles for performance and oils 
    2. Manages pipes including non-rune pipes keeps them lit and filled
    3. Healing ( slush/steam/dust/ice, pipes, entangled, fear, disrupted)  -- need to build in some priorities already have some like Aeon, paralysis, asthma, etc..
    4. Autostanding (with toggles to turn it off) 
    5. Autowake (with toggles to turn it off) 
    6. Utility scripts for pack/unpack, teleport nexus, teleport aetherplex
    7. Basic sipper that is shut off and using auto curing for h/m/e but it's there to be tweaked if someone wants it
    8. Working on basic wakeup scripts but still learning all those
    9. Toggle for automatic learning so you don't have to sit there learn 100 x from trainer
    10. Hooks into the Nexus targeting for bashing
    11. Basic Aethership commands
    12. Working on a link to the XML maps so perhaps we can search for room numbers like people with mudlet mapper can 

What else is needed 
    You also want stuff to keepup.
  • @Rolsand

would love a list of what I should be keeping up. Pretty easy to do once I know what :) 
  • Stuff like quicksilver, earwort, all the types of teas, fire, frost and such.
  • Thanks yeah I've started on teas and already have pipes setup, I'll look at quicksilver and fire and frost :) 
  • OK fire/ice and quicksilver done :smiley:
  • Not sure if there would be interest in something like below but this was built for easing crafting I'd need to look at the Lusty crafting system to modify this but let me know if there is interest and I'll work on it

• The design commands if you want to go into it are below. We have a lot of pattern specific commands though so most of them will only be relevant to a specific design or trade. You have taste/smell for foods, outdoor is relevant for most artisan designs but not all, then sealholder/weapontypes are only relevant to one specific pattern type.

DESIGN <sketch> APPEARANCE <description>
    DESIGN <sketch> DROPPED <description>
    DESIGN <sketch> COMMODITIES <commodity list>
    DESIGN <sketch> TASTE/SMELL <description> [cooking only]
    DESIGN <sketch> CONSUME [cooking only]
    DESIGN <sketch> EXAMINED <description>
    DESIGN <sketch> DESIGNEDBY <person>
    DESIGN <sketch> COMMENT <text>
    DESIGN <sketch> TENT_APPEARANCE <text> [tents only]
    DESIGN <sketch> TENT_DROPPED <text> [tents only]
    DESIGN <sketch> TENT_EXAMINED <text> [tents only]
    DESIGN <sketch> CLOSED <text>
    DESIGN <sketch> SEAL_TEXT <text> [stamps only]
    DESIGN <sketch> SEALHOLDER ORG <organization> [stamps only]
    DESIGN <sketch> SEALHOLDER PERSON <person> [stamps only]
    DESIGN <sketch> TYPE <type>
    DESIGN <sketch> LIQUID <liquid type>
    DESIGN <sketch> WEAPONTYPES <types> [scabbards only]
    DESIGN <sketch> OUTDOORS <ON|OFF>
    DESIGN <sketch> TATTOOWEIGHT <1-100> [tattoos only]
    DESIGN <sketch> MAKECARTEL
    DESIGN <sketch> MAKEPUBLIC
    DESIGN <sketch> TRASH
    DESIGN <sketch> SUBMIT
    DESIGN <sketch> NOMORTALREVIEW
    DESIGN <sketch> MORTALREVIEW

It's also... well fluff so I don't think anyone would miss it if it weren't there. People need something like mmf, curing, defs, etc. And people will want something with windmills and chades bashing/influence system.

Ideally something that's similarly open for community development because it seems like it helps keep things up to date more easily.

Your influencer could include a toggle for scarecrow hats and I'd probably suggest that, after realising it halfway through gathering npc data for jairani, it'd probably be best to store denizen personality types rather than the influence type you want to use on them (as Chades does) with guard as a personality type (they're only susceptible to empowering/weakening) and whether or not they're a village npc.

It means you can have a command to set your target influence type, with the option of a fall back if the denizen is immune to that or to just ignore those denizens, then if you just want to rush you can just choose whatever is best against that denizen. And the option to engage village mode (which reduces how long you need to ignore the denizen before you can influencing them again)
  • Not a fan of mudlet, either. *fistbump in weirdo solidarity* Been working on creating my own curing system for CMUD. I suspect we'll deal with similar things, so feel free to hit me up to discuss logic and methods.
  • @Saran Thanks and yes it is totally a fluff piece but some people play the game for the crafting and designing so a bit of fluff for them might be welcome.  

I've not seen scarecrow hats but I am sure it's only the matter of setting a toggle. 

I do have the influencer setup to deal with things like undead that can't be influenced, unless you are undead. I also have an automatic version of it and a manual override. I started to build a list of the guards in different cities so as to override the analyze. I've not come across village mode, I'll look into it.

@Breandryn I've written several systems in the paste in CMUD, so sad the product folks don't support it any more, but yeah would love to bounce ideas back and forth. The client has some unique challenges in that there is no local storage so keeping preferences and as such depends on a limited amount of server side variables. Also loops are bad things, for and while loops are synchronous, so other processing stops for a few moments while these complete, those moments are not huge but toss it in during PvP/Healing scenarios where loops could be firing over and over you are adding in micro delays that add up to self-induced lag, so creativity is a must.  
  • Also as a side note I have intentionally not setup the influencer to grab every single denizen in the room and influence them and same for the basher I am framing out. I'm not a huge fan of botting or psuedo botting so I am setting them up to require some level of interaction.

• No local storage is why I dislike mudlet, heh. I think you can get by without loops, though. My system is still a rough draft, but I'm trying using lists (current affs vs all potential for a cure type) and just comparing them. I haven't put in logic yet for powercuring.
  • Yeah I've broken out the afflictions by the cures and created balances to track each cure type right now it's mostly FIFO with some priorities based on things like aeon and action loss afflictions. 
  • @Tambador, oh what I meant was more, the crafting assistant is fluff (am a trademaster of two cartels who only really designs personal stuff for myself and friends). What I'd be looking for first and foremost is the rest of the stuff while the window to do sketches would be extra that I wouldn't necessarily miss.

Scarecrow hats, mine just tracks the id of the hat and tries to put it on when you start begging or take it off if you switch to another type. The hat itself hides all positive prestige and only shows negative (so great for begging)

For village influencing, you have org specific influencing attacks that are gained at different ranks and if you're tracking when denizens are open for influence (kinda important) then it needs a shorter time, I think 5 minutes but maybe longer.

For target lists, etc. It does slow you down and you'd probably want to see how your system would work with astral/urbashing just cause that's one of the ways we get people to demigod. Similarly having to analyze everything first would slow down influencing.
  • You can get cure balance states from gmcp btw.
  • @Brendryn Can you get all the balances for ice slush pipes etc...? I did not see those, I'll have to throw GMCP into debug and see what I can find

@Saran great info thanks :smile:
  • You can! I just run a check via gmcp to see if I have balance. Note, I'm unsure how this works in blackout so you may want manual failsafe.