The Tale of Cataka, Centaur Sister

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
Backstory before I started logging. This is from a month ago, I just never got around to posting it before now. I was called to Tokota Snowmane's hill, where @Gabriella and @Rivius were already talking with him. Apparently, he was letting them know that he'd received a letter from someone from his past: Cataka, a Serenguard he knew in his youth. If I remember, she's an igasho, and was considered a Centaur Sister. This tale explains how she earned that title.

-------------------------------------------------

Folding his wings to his back, you say to Tokota Snowmane, "Then tell us a story, my brother. Tell us a story of our sister, who wanders and returns home."

Wryly, Tokota Snowmane says, "Well, feel free to ask questions, I might as well answer them along the way."

Gabriella opens her mouth, and then pauses, before closing it again.

Tokota Snowmane ponders thoughtfully and folds his arms across his chest as he thinks. "I am not sure if there is exactly one story to tell, but since you asked the story about how she became a centaur sister..."

Everiine sits down in the grass and spreads his wings out behind him.

Recalling his memories, Tokota Snowmane says, "Cataka and I have known each other for ages, I witnessed her entry into the Serenguard when I was under the tutelage of Hneuho, and she a brave. She was brash, brazen, but kind-hearted."

Continuing, Tokota Snowmane says, "Hneuho and I required a special collection of herbs in order to complete my training as a star-gazer. To go on a vision quest of sorts." The elder turns to his brother, "Indeed, some of those self-same traditions of questing are much akin to ours. Though, we do not go for the tests of bravery." With a wry smile, the elder continues, "The Seren herds were too small then, but then again, they have always been small. We reached out to our sister herds, but they were far too busy..."

Offering a shrug of his shoulders, Tokota Snowmane recollects, "So we turned to the Serenguard. Back then, though we have a history, an alliance, it was still raw and unfluid. The centaurs rarely called upon the Guard for special rites, but this time, it was necessary. And lo, we were assigned a special guard to assist us in case of emergencies.

Tokota Snowmane says, "I imagine you could guess who that was?"

Everiine chuckles and nods his head. "A certain brash Serenguard," he says.

"Quite right, quite right," Tokota Snowmane says with a laugh. "A certain brash Serenguard. She and I did not get along then, but over the years, her adventurousness, her curiosity, found kinship with my own. Though I am not as adventurous as she." The elder shakes his head. "Cataka, Hneuho, and I went to the mountains collecting the sacred herbs. Sage, sweetgrass, tobacco. Generally, we centaur are meant for hills and plains, thus we rarely go to the mountains. It it happened that Hneuho fell on the trek: twisting his leg terribly.

Everiine winces and flutters his wings.

Tokota Snowmane says, "We camped for the night, trying to tend to my mentor's leg; I had sent Cataka to find some water. But little did we know that we were in big cat territory, the mountain lions." The elder grimaces, as if remembering that time. "One stalked upon us. I, I had not been trained to use a weapon, as I was called early on to follow in Hneuho's steps. I believed we were done for. But then, I heard a mighty yell."

You see Tokota Snowmane yell, "Hurraoogh!"

Everiine's wings flutter at the sudden yell.

Tokota Snowmane imitates the yell as best he can, returning his attention back to the two of you. "Cataka appeared out of no where, swinging her swords with might. She saved us, and that night, we eat catmeat." The centaur takes a breath as he continues, "The following day, Cataka and I brought Hneuho back to the forest where the Moon Coven's healers attended to his leg. He, he told me to bring Cataka to him, and they had a small, quiet chat. I am not sure what he said, for she never told me. But ever since then, Hneuho called Cataka 'centaur sister,' and I called her that too."

Everiine smiles softly, both in pride at the Serenguard's bravery, but also in recognition of the importance of that conversation.

Rivius's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Tokota Snowmane says, "Perhaps, when she arrives, she can tell you more stories, about why she left... about many things."

Tokota Snowmane takes another breath, nodding.

Everiine closes his eyes, absorbing the last details of the story. When he opens them, he smiles up warmly at his elder brother.

Softly, Tokota Snowmane says, "Well, that was a good moment of reminiscing."

You smile and say to Tokota Snowmane, "It is a happy memory, and you have made me happier for it."

Tokota Snowmane says to you, "Gabriella suggested that perhaps the Serenwilde should put together a sort of homecoming."

Tokota Snowmane says, "Since the forest grows day by day with its old family and new one."

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl smiles and says, "And it should definitely include warm stew."

You say to Tokota Snowmane, "I agre with my sister. And the Serenguard shall be at the fore, for it is not often that those among our kin who wander return to us. We will celebrate her return."

Tokota Snowmane grins mischievously at Rivius.

Tokota Snowmane nods his head emphatically.

Tokota Snowmane says, "Now, it might be best for this old horse to get back to the skies."

His wings drooping, you say, "And this old bird to prepare his missive."

Tokota Snowmane nods his head emphatically.

Everiine stands and folds the silver fins tightly to his back.

Proudly standing at full attention, Tokota Snowmane slams a fist against his chest in a fierce tribal salute that reverberates throughout his body.

Shifting your attention to Tokota Snowmane, you powerfully slam a fist against your own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Tokota Snowmane says, "Take care, the two of you."

Shifting his attention to Tokota Snowmane, Rivius powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

You ask Tokota Snowmane, "And you, elder." Turning to leave, he glances back over his shoulder. "Does your friend in the Tower still visit you, to watch the stars and skies?"

Smiling softly, Tokota Snowmane says, "Aye, she does. Though she hasn't as of late..."

Tokota Snowmane offers a shrug of his shoulders. "No matter, I am certain she is just busy observing the stars," he remarks casually.

Everiine closes his eyes and smiles just as softly, offering no other response.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.