A Conversation on the Hill

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
Most of my favorite times RPing are just having conversations. They make the world feel truly real and alive. So thank you, Tokota, for making my night yet again!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrapping his cloak about him as he trudges up the snow-covered hill, Everiine slams
his fist against his chest in a tribal salute to Tokota Snowmane.

Removing his gloves and holding his hands over the roaring campfire, you say to Tokota Snowmane,
"Hail, brother."

Everiine cups his hands and blows into them.

Tokota Snowmane glances at you and nods, trails of snowflakes smoothing down his mane and backside.
"Hail, brother," he calls out as a swirl of vapor expels from his mouth in a gout of white.

Everiine looks up at the centaur, the flames of the fire lighting up his face. "How
does the night find you?" he asks, the same visible vapor wafting away from his mouth.

Offering a slight shrug of the shoulders, Tokota Snowmane sends a flurry of white powder toward the
ground: it substance blending with the snow already down there. "I cannot complain," he expresses in
his deep voice, as he takes a step or two toward the fire. His large hands rise in the air, allowing
the palms to feel the warmth of the flames.

Everiine adjusts his fur cloak to more fully enclose his body, except where his
arms protrude from the gap in the front. "I am glad to hear it," he replies and rubs his hands
together. When he looks up again, he asks, "Have you heard anything more about our sister's return?"

The centaur shakes his head from side to side. "No," he explains, "I would begin to get worried, if
it were not par the course for Cataka to send a letter one day, and only respond with another years
thereafter." Tokota Snowmane's face breaks into a smile. "Sometimes, you need to simply let
explorers explore and adventurers adventure."

Everiine balls his hands into a fist again and blows into them. "Ah, I think I
understand her well, then," he says and returns his hands to the cozy warmth of the flames. Letting
his wings open slightly and part the cloak, he invites the heat to mingle with his feathers. "If you
are not worried, then neither am I."

Tokota Snowmane nods. "She will get here when she does. Though I would hope sooner rather than later.
" Below, the centaur's hooves stamp the snow-covered ground, eliciting the characteristic clop of a
horse, though muffled considerably. With a crank of his neck, Tokota asks, "What brings you here
this cold morning?"

Everiine shrugs his shoulders, sending a light dusting of snow to the inundated
hill. "My primary purpose was to ask about Cataka. I have been eagerly awaiting her arrival, and was
beginning to fear that she had lost her way. But your words have given me comfort, and I will
continue my vigil trusting in her stalwart character," he says. The silver glint of his rustling
feathers catches in the firelight, their movement indicative of a mild discomfort. "Other than that,
I wanted to check in with you and the other centaurs. Of late, @Nienla has been making herself a
nuisance. I do not take it well when those innocent in the fight between the Serenwilde and the
Glomdoring are the victims. Poloma has been attacked on more than one occasion I know." He sighs and
adjusts his wing awkwardly beneath his warm, heavy cloak. "I cannot stand guard here in perpetuity,
but I can come and watch when I can."

Tokota Snowmane listens attentively, his face grim. When you speak of Cataka, he shows no other
expressions - allowing his comments before to stand as they were. However, when you move to Nienla,
he nods: his head moving in a slow revolution. "Nienla certainly has been tiring and trying.
Thankfully, Poloma is quite the expert at brewing elixir vitae, so we have some small security about
things. You watching is good, but don't get yourself too worked up or in too much trouble, brother"
says the centaur.

Surprisingly, Everiine actually chuckles to himself and the silver feathers of his
wings quiver along with it. "I should have known that Poloma was so resourceful. Very well, you have
again lightened the burden of worry I carry, brother. Your people have survived all manner of
adversity in the past; Nienla shall be no different," he says, an amusing twinkling in his deep eyes
when his laughter recedes.

Staring into the flames, you say to Tokota Snowmane, "When I took my oath 300 years ago, all I had
were my Serenguard kin. I have served them faithfully all that time because they were my first
family. You, too, are my family. I care about my kin more than anything else."

Tokota Snowmane chuckles too, the coarse sound heavy in the chilled air. "Aye, she is quite
resourceful. As are the colts - they are the ones who procure her the herbs." At your serious
recollection of your oath, the centaur becomes suddenly grave and nods. "Our herd certainly thanks
you, brother, for your determination. We care for you too."

Everiine accepts the unexpected compliment with a nod of his head. "You should
thank the warriors among us more skilled with the blade. Most of our enemies fear me for my ability
to tell a story than they do my skill in combat." A smile cracks his bronze face. "But I thank you."
He returns to contemplating the dancing tongues of flame the crackle among the logs of wood. After a
time of silence to allow the previous conversation to pass, he asks, "Has your visitor from Moon
Tower come recently?"

Shaking his head, Tokota Snowmane says, "Not for a good long while. We spoke however, she sends down
letters. She was quite taken by the solar flares months ago. She has been inspecting them thoroughly,
 though I do not think she has gotten far in any research."

Pursing his lips, you say, "Hmmm. I am sorry to hear she has not kept company with you lately."

Shrugging, Tokota Snowmane says, "I would rather her feel happy and busy than felt that she needs to
come visit me all the time. Sometimes distance makes the heart grow fonder."

Smiling softly, you say, "You do speak truthfully. Some have questioned how my mate and I can be so
close when we see each other so infrequently. I would give the same answer that you have given."

Tokota Snowmane nods his head emphatically.

You say, "Perhaps when Cataka returns, and we celebrate her homecoming, we can invite Adushoc as
well. If anything, she might be curious about the whole ordeal."

Tokota Snowmane nodding in agreement. "That sounds like a good plan, aye," he remarks with a snort,
as he withdraws his hands from the heat of the flame and folds his arms.

Tilting his head curiously, attempting to interpret the reaction, you say to Tokota Snowmane,
"Unless that is not a welcome gesture."

Tokota Snowmane tilts his head and listens intently to you.

Questioningly, Tokota Snowmane says, "Why wouldn't it be?"

Shaking his head and chuckling, you say to Tokota Snowmane, "Forgive me, sometimes I cannot tell if
you snort in agreement or in disdain. You would think that after all of these years I would know the
difference."

Chuckling, Tokota Snowmane says, "You would think."

Grinning, you say, "But let no one know! They think me wiser than I am, with more knowledge than I
contain." As the sun dips below the horizon, he gazes up at the sky. "I have been here longer than I
anticipated, brother. Assuming this snow stops, I do not wish to keep you from your observations. I
will retire to the woods and leave you be."

Tokota Snowmane grins too and then nods at your final statement. "Take care brother, and try to keep
warm."

Unfolding one wing and pointing to the feathers, you say, "That is why I have these!"

Shifting your attention to Tokota Snowmane, you powerfully slam a fist against your own chest in a
tribal display of respect.

You smile and say to Tokota Snowmane, "Take care."

Shifting his attention to you, Tokota Snowmane powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a
tribal display of respect.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments

• Ooer. Nienla got a mention!

Really neat log though. I only wish emotes with quotations in them were colored in the same way that says are. It'd really make emotes easier to read and less off-putting for me to put quotations in them.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I was actually most amused by the fact that Tokota said that Poloma makes vitae for all of the centaurs, which "explains" why they keep coming back.

I can deal with emotes and says in them much more easily now than I used to. What I'm still getting used to is using emotes in says. Because they're all the color of says, I tend to gloss over the emote on the inside.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.