Questions From A Potential Transfer/Newb?

Hihi all,

I'm mostly accustomed to Achaea but lately delving into Lusternia has been looking more and more appealing! I have some questions as to the lesson/credit/money investment I'll have to make if I end ups sticking around, if that's cool.

a. I'm definitely assuming that transcending guild skills/tertiary skills are a must if one has to get into PvP. What other skills would one have to transcend in order to become viable for combat? At the bare minimum, at least. How many lessons does it take to complete a skillset?

b. How often do the Gods/Divine/Whathaveyou play a role in daily life in Lusternia? And what role do they play (as I understand factions are based around ideology, rather than morality?) Are they around often? In Achaea, they have been pretty bare as of late barring two organization Patrons, unfortunately.

c. How is conflict usually handled IG (Raids? Shrine defiling? etc.)

d. Are there any organizations - city or guilds - that I should avoid due to very low or nonexistent player counts? Or is the playerbase evenly divided?

Much thanks!

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    1714 lessons to trans if I recall correctly.

Needed skills depends on class a lot. Being tri-trans in guild skills helps.

Discipline is a good one to trans due to helping with regenerating power faster.
    Discernment to Virtuoso for contemplate (see target's mana) is a nice thing to have if you have a mana kill.
    Beastmastery has a lot of quality of life things that are nice to have. Not necessary to trans, 33% into mythical can be sufficient (gives beast poison spit, hits target with poison, works like regular poison so can be resisted)
    Resilience increases poison resist rate, as well as gives you cutting/blunt damage resistance. Nice for surviving in general, but not a priority to trans imo.
    Planar to expert is nice for conglutination, which brings you back to life if you die off of the prime plane.
    High magic/low magic to gedulah/green is necessary to break locks. Low magic takes less lessons. Whether you take high/low depends again on guild choice.
  • edited February 2016
    C. Conflict does involve raids (although I don't know how frequently these days) but there are also a variety of conflict quests that pit cities or communes against each other. There are scheduled events that lead to conflict, like trying to win control of the different villages, which bring the power resource and commodities in to your city/commune. The allegiance of villages routinely resets so you need to duke it out with your enemies to take control of the village. There are other events of a similar nature, like aether flares or domoths, all of which occur on regular intervals.

Because organizations are set up on oppositional lines there are also quests you can do to directly stick it to the city/commune most directly opposed to you. So Celest could kill the Demons Lords of Nil, associated with Magnagora, to drain power from Magnagora and I think take away some abilities from the Nihilists, although maybe they dropped that penalty. But like raids, I don't know how often those major conflict quests, which don't occur on a routine basis, happen these days. And then there's other stuff like Order wars, but see above about their current frequency.
  • d. Ugh, tough one. I want to tell you to come to Magnagora, because I'm in Mag, but .. let's face it, Mag isn't for everyone. I'm also an Achaean convert, so I know what you mean about Eleusis and Targossas getting all the Divine interaction >.> Currently fighting sleep [get back, you foul beast!], which explains why this post is shit haha but I will def PM you in the morning. Deuces 'lil grasshopper.

• The "big" combat objectives of killing super mobs (Supernals for Celest, Demon Lords for Magnagora, Spheres for Hallifax, Fleshpots for Gaudiguch, Moon Avatars for Serenwilde, and Night Avatars for Glomdoring) haven't seen much action lately mainly due to the high, prohibitive cost to dying on enemy territories. However, this has been addressed lately, so maybe it'll pick up again!

D) If you're coming from Achaea as I was, Lusternia's (and other IREs, for the matter) population will look very bare. The game is attempting to address this problem, however, by cutting down on the guilds (we currently have more guilds than Achaea, despite having a lower population) while still retaining/refreshing each organization's identity.

Speaking for Gaudiguch, there are times when it's a bit empty (Asia prime time), but we have a decent population and a fairly strong presence in game events.
    See you in Sapience.
  • crap, i'm sorry x-x' that wasn't meant to be posted so many times i thought the page had froze and was clicking frenetically over the 'post comment' button then it started working and .. ugh this is what i get for trying to forum past my damn bedtime ..