A matter of clans, aetherships, and other such things already deeded to guilds.

SylvanasSylvanas Member Posts: 268 Expert
I realize the main focus is on RP and how to deal with the transitions from 5 guilds to 3, really.

The Cacophony have something like 3 separate artisan cartels and 2 tailoring. The Aquamancers had at the very least at one time their own aethership.

It's pretty obvious that aetherships can then have the deeds transferred to the city, or to the new guilds. But for the multiples of clans that exist for the various guilds? Can these be combined? Can some be deleted? Can cartel catalogs be combined? The current situation is a bit ridiculous. Furthermore, I think it would be a good idea that each guild retain a clan, can be deeded to the new guild or not, so that literally years of hard work and planning doesn't just disappear.

Will add more thoughts later.
Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."

Comments

• YarouYarou Member Posts: 218 Master
    An all-purpose clan/cartel with the option to add support for different trade designs like artisan, cooking, jewelry, etc.

• ZarialleZarialle Member Posts: 97 Adept
    My ideal scenario for the Cacophony is to have our respective designs be moved to the city cartels and delete any duplicates, with the remainder being absorbed by the new factions or city as appropriate. Perhaps, if permitted, we can retain one for the last of us Cacophony to be members of "in memory" type thing. 

I imagine our Aethership will be absorbed by the city, which, far as I know, should be fine. We don't use it for ourselves or have anything special here.

This is what I would wish for myself if it is possible coding-wise.
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • ZvoltzZvoltz Member, Gods Posts: 401 Divine
    Your patron will contact you guild leadership about what to do with guild clans/cartels once we get closer to actually implementing a change to the new system, to make sure everything transitions smoothly. I'm not sure if transferring designs between cartels is possible (it seems like it would be easy to me but I'm always surprised when a coder tells me what is an isn't easy) but we'll look at that when we come to it.

• SylvanasSylvanas Member Posts: 268 Expert
    Zvoltz said:
    Your patron will contact you guild leadership about what to do with guild clans/cartels once we get closer to actually implementing a change to the new system, to make sure everything transitions smoothly. I'm not sure if transferring designs between cartels is possible (it seems like it would be easy to me but I'm always surprised when a coder tells me what is an isn't easy) but we'll look at that when we come to it.
    Perfect! 
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • PectusPectus Member Posts: 546 Mythical
    Zvoltz said:
    Super dumb question here. Would it be easier to undeed the clans from the guilds and just redeed them to the city or something?

• ZvoltzZvoltz Member, Gods Posts: 401 Divine
    @Pectus Possibly but if a city wants designs transferred to the city cartel or something more elegant, I'd like to attempt that first if it is possible to do.

• PectusPectus Member Posts: 546 Mythical
    Zvoltz said:
    @Pectus Possibly but if a city wants designs transferred to the city cartel or something more elegant, I'd like to attempt that first if it is possible to do.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the answer!