Language Rules

ZvoltzZvoltz Member, Gods Posts: 399 Divine
I'd like to remind everyone of Forum Rule #8 which says:

8. Watch your language. This is self-explanatory. If you're not sure whether the swearing you're about to do violates this rule, just assume it does. Profanity includes the most minor to the most vulgar, and modified swear words may still constitute swearing.

We have been a little lax in enforcement of this rule recently but things have gotten a little out of hand. Please remember that we allow players as young as age 13 and that our language use should reflect that environment. I've seen an awful lot of unnecessary curses, especially the F-bomb, and in the future will raise the warning levels of those players who violate this rule.

Comments

  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 5,530 Transcendent
    We need a new forum rule: "Love Thy Volunteer Admins.  This is also self-explanatory.  They spend a lot of their free time dealing with us, so make sure to praise them when they try to make things more pleasant and enjoyable for the rest of us."
    image
  • RolsandRolsand Member Posts: 847 Capable
    edited March 2016
    Some people have a potty mouth
    whatever
  • HavastusHavastus Member Posts: 337 Gifted
    Sorry... :S I'll do better next time.

  • GwenelleGwenelle Member Posts: 94 Capable
    Fiddlesticks
  • GwenelleGwenelle Member Posts: 94 Capable
    ?????????????????????????

    is that a dota joke
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon Member Posts: 1,541 Transcendent
    It's a League of Legends joke.
  • HavastusHavastus Member Posts: 337 Gifted
    So... Kinda.

  • GwenelleGwenelle Member Posts: 94 Capable
    Same thing
  • RolsandRolsand Member Posts: 847 Capable
    League is better while Dota sucks.
    whatever
  • IalieIalie Member Posts: 20 Capable
    Zvoltz said:
    I'd like to remind everyone of Forum Rule #8 which says:

    8. Watch your language. This is self-explanatory. If you're not sure whether the swearing you're about to do violates this rule, just assume it does. Profanity includes the most minor to the most vulgar, and modified swear words may still constitute swearing.

    We have been a little lax in enforcement of this rule recently but things have gotten a little out of hand. Please remember that we allow players as young as age 13 and that our language use should reflect that environment. I've seen an awful lot of unnecessary curses, especially the F-bomb, and in the future will raise the warning levels of those players who violate this rule.


    Might want to remove this emote then

    Seksay

    "Damn I'm a seksay bitch!" you say.
  • SakakiSakaki Member Posts: 390 Expert
    edited September 2016
    Ialie said:
    Zvoltz said:
    I'd like to remind everyone of Forum Rule #8 which says:

    8. Watch your language. This is self-explanatory. If you're not sure whether the swearing you're about to do violates this rule, just assume it does. Profanity includes the most minor to the most vulgar, and modified swear words may still constitute swearing.

    We have been a little lax in enforcement of this rule recently but things have gotten a little out of hand. Please remember that we allow players as young as age 13 and that our language use should reflect that environment. I've seen an awful lot of unnecessary curses, especially the F-bomb, and in the future will raise the warning levels of those players who violate this rule.


    Might want to remove this emote then

    Seksay

    "Damn I'm a seksay bitch!" you say.
    No offense meant, but if you think that is bad, some of the shade that has previously been thrown between/about enemy divine would make your head explode.  Just sayin'.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi Member Posts: 2,331 Transcendent
    Also worth mentioning that the language rules for in-game are different than the forum language rules.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 5,530 Transcendent
    According to a question I asked the admin for clarification, the c-word is fine on in-game IC aethers.  I can't see it being okay on the forums.  There is definitely a difference in rules between the two environments.
    image
  • ZvoltzZvoltz Member, Gods Posts: 399 Divine
    Xenthos said:
    According to a question I asked the admin for clarification, the c-word is fine on in-game IC aethers.  I can't see it being okay on the forums.  There is definitely a difference in rules between the two environments.
    Specific in-game aethers, like a clan. You would most likely get punished if you said that c-word on CT.

  • ZvoltzZvoltz Member, Gods Posts: 399 Divine
    I am also not really concerned with the incidental use of the word "bitch". The problem is when I see it every third post in a thread or when we're getting real vulgar with it. Your safest bet is too avoid cursing, but I've got better things to do than language police every post.

  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 5,530 Transcendent
    edited September 2016
    Zvoltz said:
    Xenthos said:
    According to a question I asked the admin for clarification, the c-word is fine on in-game IC aethers.  I can't see it being okay on the forums.  There is definitely a difference in rules between the two environments.
    Specific in-game aethers, like a clan. You would most likely get punished if you said that c-word on CT.
    Edit: Editing because I received an answer.  Thank you!
    Post edited by Xenthos on
    image
  • VersaleanVersalean Member Posts: 466 Fabled
    In a game with such a rich lore as Lusternia, I think if you're resulting to c's, f's or even b's the problem is more likely to be the individual's imagination and ability to RP than anything going on in the situation.

    My daughter recently did an exercise in Shakespearean insults. He'd cry at current profanity, and not because of the crassness.
Sign In or Register to comment.