What are you listening to at the moment?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2017
    Daraius said:
    Friends at the Table, an actual play podcast focused on critical world building, smart characterization, and fun interaction between good friends.

They play Dungeon World, a tabletop RPG that, despite its terribly generic name, has a very intriguing rule set designed to deeply intertwine the mechanics with the narrative. I'm nearing the end of the first season, which is set in a kind of post-post-apocalyptic fantasy worlds where a lot of the typical Tolkeinesque tropes are subverted. It is not as raunchy or funny as The Adventure Zone, and it lacks several layers of polish in sound quality and editing (especially early on... woof). But the GM builds a captivating world (e.g. he developed a detailed judicial system for a city populated by people in various states of life and undeath) that shifts and course-corrects based on the characters' decisions in a way that The Adventure Zone can't really approach (e.g. that entire undead society wouldn't have existed if the characters had traveled by land instead of by sea). It's cool.
    Pleased to report that season two addresses the audio and editing issues they stumbled through with the first campaign. It's a different type of role playing game in a brand new setting with all new characters, and the production values are higher all around. Not a bad starting point if you don't want to slog through the low points of their rocky beginning.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi

Because it's gorgeous and I was talking about it.
  • Too good @Taer

Love the song.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game

See Saw is always good. Same group who did the .hack credits, btw.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I came across an old see-saw song today, and I remembered your post. They were a great group.

• <3 SOHN. Chill, soulful, complex layered beats.

• email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357

• I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Warning bad words:

• I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Sorry, I have outdated tastes in music. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I always forget this song is a cover... I like it a ton more than the original.

Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460

• A few of the songs my school's jazz band covered. That bass riff in the last one tho. <3
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • edited June 2017
    Never mind if people are going to be snarky.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2017
    The antidote to Iron & Wine.  :D 

This kind of music is a bit much, but the way its made just blows my mind.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • It's election season over here and my listenings has gotten a bit political >.> It's catchy and musical but might not mean much to you if you don't follow UK politics. I'm also massively enthused by it as the protest song is a genre that has faded from view in recent years (in that the protest song is in genres that have fallen away from the centre of mainstream media in a lot of cases), and it's gotten to number 1 on the itunes download chart in the UK, and number 10 in the main top 40. And the radios won't play it because of impartiality rules. 

And it's an excellent bit of ska/reggae.

(sorry, I have to be wordy with my music)

Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Been listening to Minecraft ost as well as my usual lately, this one reminded me of Hallifax somehow. Must be the title.

"May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • @Rancoura

Current Salome attitude, Harley-Quinn esque

When you want to be the Hansel and Gretel Witch lowkey:

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Society theme song?

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Very nsfw, but this immediately makes me think of the Goons.

• edited June 2017
    Maeko said:
    Society theme song?

@Maeko @Ophir @Kailanna @Hegemone - What about this one? (TW: Blood)

The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Vatul theme song. Or something something about Fain.

The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • More Vatul things.

hungering malice.