Magnagora Faction Draft - Focus Concept

124»

Comments

• SaranSaran Member Posts: 1,687 Mythical
    Falmiis said:
    Ellindel Treeheart formed the Moondancers before Urlach was even born.
    Just as a note:
    This isn't actually correct, the Vernal Wars era predates the birth of Wicca and the Moondancers (and in turn the other guilds). It was the beginning of the healing of the world after the seals were created.
  • DanquikDanquik Member Posts: 146 Master
    Yomoigu said:
    Lavinya said:
    Danquik said:
    I have only one issue with @Lavinya's post. You need to send Thax to Gaudiguch. You guys don't neeeed him.
    Build your own iron man!
    I'm part iron. And @Danquik will be appropriately punished for forgetting that. 

/Derail
    Obviously the solution is I join your Order so I can be properly ejumacated.
    B)

/backontopic

I like Vanguard.
  • LavinyaLavinya Former Queen of Snark AustraliaMember Posts: 3,354 Transcendent
    I got cut off while brainstorming. I agree that clockwork and midnight are lacking. I actually really like iniquitous and infernal as descriptors. I will keep pondering (i have surgery in a few hours so super sedation might prove inspiring)

Vanguard sounds cool, I like it. 

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne Member Posts: 2,674 Transcendent
    edited January 19
    edit: while lighthearted, not pertinent. However, in its place I still love Hegemony.

• VeyilsVeyils Member Posts: 1,442 Mythical
    Hegemony  just does not seem very militaristic at all.

Vanguard does sound like a military organisation, advance military force type thing.
  • OtheroOthero Member Posts: 832 Virtuoso
    Veyils said:

Vanguard does sound like a military organisation, advance military force type thing.
    I like Hegemony for that reason. Their not the military faction, they are the conquest faction. It takes more then an army for Magnagora to take over the basin and keep it. It takes people, swords, words, and culture. It takes the Iron Hegemony. *Jazz hands*

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor Member Posts: 1,256 Transcendent
    Outsider suggestion that may fit a broader 'Cabal/Society' alternate?

Machinators of Despair/Damnation/Iniquity/Transformation/Progress

(though if Mag is trying to get away from the Engine/Cogs stuff, may not suit!)

• KistanKistan Member Posts: 124 Adept
    edited January 19
    Othero said:
    Veyils said:

I like Hegemony for that reason. Their not the military faction, they are the conquest faction. It takes more then an army for Magnagora to take over the basin and keep it. It takes people, swords, words, and culture. It takes the Iron Hegemony. *Jazz hands*

What you want is an Iron Horde

I've read the books, seen the films - evil come in a good old fashioned all conquering hordes. Orc hordes, barbarians hordes, undead hordes......
  • VeyilsVeyils Member Posts: 1,442 Mythical
    edited January 19
    Othero said:
    Veyils said:

I get you. Hegemony does sound like a ruler leadership faction. The folks who are out ruling over the city and the villages.
  • IxionIxion Member Posts: 705 Transcendent
    After much deliberation and even more digression, the names I believe are set now.

The Iniquitous Society (progress, enlightenment, transformation)

The Infernal Mandate (undeath, domination, and damnation, etc)

Heralds of Dark Fates (focused on transforming into the ideal Magnagoran, heavy on the spiritual side)

124»