You guys really need to post more logs (and discuss them for the purpose of enhancing the game)

Comments

• There're things you can do even after being aeon'd+plex'd to not die to it. But those all require pretty perfectly on-point timings.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Monks really shouldn't be in a position where if I don't expend every balance to lock them down I suffer 30% maxhealth+2-3 dust affs+700 bleeding / 4s.

Yeah, because I had already started dproph.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited January 2017
    Reylari said:
    There're things you can do even after being aeon'd+plex'd to not die to it. But those all require pretty perfectly on-point timings.

In this case looking at his log there wasn't a way out of that shatterplex/aeonfield/amnesia combo for him. He tried to smoke after getting hit, it was hit by amnesia and his second action didn't go through in time to stop the death. No matter what he attempted to do at that point he's dead before the command gets through

Its common enough for a lot of people to not be able to get out of that combo due to their latency in aeon. You find most people can perform an action somewhere between 1-1.5 seconds give or take think it was Aeldra who said she gets like 1.5 a few posts ago in aeon. 
  • edited January 2017
    Veyils said:
    Reylari said:
    There're things you can do even after being aeon'd+plex'd to not die to it. But those all require pretty perfectly on-point timings.

In this case looking at his log there wasn't a way out of that shatterplex/aeonfield/amnesia combo for him. He tried to smoke after getting hit, it was hit by amnesia and his second action didn't go through in time to stop the death. No matter what he attempted to do at that point he's dead before the command gets through

Its common enough for a lot of people to not be able to get out of that combo due to their latency in aeon. You find most people can perform an action somewhere between 1-1.5 seconds give or take think it was Aeldra who said she gets like 1.5 a few posts ago in aeon. 
    I put milliseconds in my prompt now to be able to get a better idea in future but...

Truetime would've saved him in this scenario, if he shielded after the amnesia fail. Shatterplex is a 1.8s recovery.

Speaking of, @Rolsand, putting timestamps in your log would be a good step in getting people to help you figure things out. Hard to tell people what they can and can't do, if you can't see how quickly they're reacting to stuff.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • That's the thing with latency though some people with truetime act aprox 1 to one and a bit seconds in aeon. So two actions for many are longer than the 1.8 balance time on shatterplex.
  • This was a large reason for the serverside aeon queue idea (which didn't end up happening, at least not yet).
  • Shedrin said:
    This was a large reason for the serverside aeon queue idea (which didn't end up happening, at least not yet).

Oh that'd be really cool. Sounds like a good way to balance aeon as well.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2017
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/UH4Yo0Vd

I know he was trying to beckon me out of the kill room, but I'm pretty livid.

context: got pulled down into a kill room, but escaped on my own, went 2 up. Beckoned down, then insta chaingrabbed thanks to that ears artie presumably.

• Eh mistakes happen. If you had shielded instead of typing I'm out he couldn't beckon/ you couldn't get chainyanked.

Looks pretty unfortunate though :( 
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Also: Chainyank doesn't respect block? Lame.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited February 2017
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/qDFTx0dv

This is not really fun. Is this what Final Ascension is going to amount to?

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Are we, er. Not supposed to be prepared? Or am I missing something?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

edited February 2017
    You don't need to snark me. This wasn't about you or your team (but fix your toad trigger to not waste 8p on someone with 48 health).

In all honesty, this is a case of "of course you died, you had a gigantic enemy group on you". I still think it's totally unfun. I don't know. I have argued for the "if you have a ton of people on you, you should die!" a lot, but I died almost purely to passive effects.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    First major foray into fighting. https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ykjGmYaC

I know I did stuff wrong, just need to know what. (Besides get more triggers to see....well, anything.)

• I've said about 300 times that passive damage is king.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • It looks like most of the damage came from direct active attacks in the logs though.
  • In Luce's log? That'd be because nobody had him on their enemy list.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yeah I found myself alone with him at one time and was like 'WHY WON'T YOU DIE???' Then realised he wasn't enemied thus not getting hit by my song....mybad. I'm pro griefer.

• In maligorns log he died mainly to active damage. Luce was taking some passive damage but didnt die until people switched to him.

Took a few hits under blackout Looks long enough to be a few direct few passive unknown really.
    Lets see just rough numbers but
    1200 tarken combo
    1500 creks staff
    1400 Tyamits hit
    204 beast order attack with breath
    500 white mist(passive)
    630 banshee(single target passive)
    350 wolf(single target passive)
    630 second banshee hit(single tar passive) 
    830 malarious bard song (aoe passive)

So like 60ish% of damage was active.

• Luce said:
    First major foray into fighting. https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ykjGmYaC

I know I did stuff wrong, just need to know what. (Besides get more triggers to see....well, anything.)

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/141713/#Comment_141713

Gagging, Gag like everything over and over again.
  • Your tally disregarded two pyromancy meldtics re: passive damage.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Oh yea I called the "mist" on one tick and missed 188 of passive damage from another tick.

Just from blackout onwards:
    9300 health full
    8868h (432 meld hit) *missed this +432 passive damage.
    8868h into blackout 
    5000 out of black out
    4500 white mist
    3255 tarkens hit
    2621 banshee 1
    1628 bleed
    1440 demense hit *missed this so +188 passive damage
    3179 regen hit it looks like
    1659 Creks hit
    1298 wolf hit
    3117 sip
    1720 tyamits hit
    1086 banshee 2
    252 mals bard song
    48 beast breath
    toaded

Missed anything else?
  • So ya 55ish% active unless I missed anything else.
    edited February 2017

Jeez.

I don't know why I have to spell this out, but it's not just the passive damage. Look at how many affs I had within 5 seconds. I wish I were exaggerating, or knew how to include timestamps.

You are:
    unable to be masochistic.
    bleeding for 1348 health.
    blind.
    afflicted with sunburnt, red skin (first degree burns).
    suffering from a slight case of temporary insanity.
    haunted by grey whispers.
    afflicted by haemophilia.
    turning stiff like a corpse.
    confused.
    afflicted with clumsiness.
    unnaturally stupid.
    paralysed.
    emanating an aura of repugnance.
    asthmatic.
    sickened by an unusual illness.
    infected with scabies mites.
    paranoid.
    You have 16 afflictions. (4.751s)

That's bleeding after chunking me, passive greywhispers from homunculus, burns from pyromeld, haemophilia from Wyrdenwood, Rigormortis, confusion from who knows where...so on and so forth.

Wyrdenwood can attack for good damage, entangle, and have 2 runes hit a person in one balance. Or is it just 1 rune? Thankfully Tyamit is trying out Dreamweaving (not).

I just saw very, very little input. Sadly I have nfi what happened in my gigantic blackout. Unfortunately I can't keep black tea up because of paralysis being so lame (oh I got paralysed anyway). I do consider bleeding to be passive too, since it's tacked on to active damage. I even got toaded in the end, because I had to spend every single vitals balance sipping health to not just die to people sitting pretty in the room.

In the end, I should've just tumbled immediately instead of going forward with our groupsplit attempt (should've noticed the icewalls right away, I guess. Or just assume they're going to be there next time).

edited February 2017
    Just reading through your list, I don't know how you consider any of that except Tarken's 2 monk forms and Crek's cudgel to be active. Banshees are passive. Your wolf is passive. Bardsongs are passive. Bleeding is passive. Tyamit did hit me, but it also entangled me, so it's a Totally Balanced Skill. Indoril shadowtwisted, so, granted that is still important vitals pressure.

So at this point you're trying to tell me that I should be dying to 2 monk forms (3-way hybrid of damage, affliction, bleeding, exacerbated by viscanti demi+, a cudgel hit with nightsweats, a noose (+ passive entanglement), and shadowtwist (manadrain + prone). (I wish I knew what happened in the blackout). What I mean by that, is that those things should be bringing me into kill range (whether by healthkill or toadcurse), disregarding all the work that passive damage/hinder/aff did to me. I don't really understand that.  Actually, now that I've listed those "active" abilities with tons of passives attached, it totally makes sense.

I feel like I'm rambling here, but is that really the name of the game? All that vitals pressure came out (a fair bit) with passive bonuses attached to them, plus all the completely passive aff and vitals pressure (pyromeld, ent, chemwood fields, bardsong), then you want to sit here and tell me that it's 60% active? I want my staff to do 3 afflictions when I point it too, then.

• http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/2897/any-plans-for-implementing-the-malus-other-ires-have-for-more-than-3-people-on-a-target#latest

The idea was thrown out there but it didn't seem to get much support.

But yea your right it seems as soon as the group focuses you your best just tumbling away.
  • Although group wise just an idea I guess you could look into adding more support skills to counter group spam. More things like salt, trueheal and healing auras and such that everyone has access to. 

I mean not talking about this log specifically because you were going up against bigger numbers in a well set up meld/etc but if your complaint is about group damage spam and people dont want to input a diminishing returns on hits then maybe a fun solution would be more stuff you can do to support an ally getting wailed on?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Maligorn said:
    I wish I were exaggerating, or knew how to include timestamps.
    Trigger Type: Lua function
    Pattern: return isPrompt()

Trigger Box:
    local time = getTime(true, "hh:mm:ss:zzz")
    cinsertText("<white:dark_slate_grey>"..time.."<grey:black> ")

• http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2249

Thats a pretty handy logger for timestamps as well.

Just do screendump nameoflog

Only catches your buffer so you may want to make it super big.
  • You attributed 500 damage to 'mist' which was completely wrongly named pyromancy tick. Mist doesn't even hit health, it hits ego.
    Not only is your summary wrong but your values are too. The mists clearly hit for 642 ego, 7.3% while the pyromancy ticks rolled for 564h (6.1%),  188h(2%) and 834 health 9%, 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
This discussion has been closed.