Vernal/Soulless curio discrepancy.

2»

Comments

• the slaghora quest needs 10 hours to do, if you want to do it back to back. The pits save over time, and you'll get enemied to seren, and glom when it's done. Unless you have gem and the scroll of laurels maybe.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Soulless curios are not going to be be done in 40 hours. Period.

You're looking at a minimum of 120 hours of work I'd say, more if there is nobody else working on it to trade with.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    You have to pretty much go 'I don't care about the forests, just enemy me' if you want to farm the pits quest. And then find ways to dodge people trying to stop you. Like using as gem and stuff.

• edited January 2013
    If 'being associated with the Nine' gets you a curio, then raising the Ship of the Dead should do it: you use the Horn of Urlach, after all!

But more meaningfully, are there other quests that might be given a Soulless reward?

EDIT: What rewards are given by the Meliashmora quests, if any? They're all Vernal, though, which wouldn't be useful here.
  • edited January 2013
    Bumping this.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Actually farming goloths is a great way to get soulless curios. It's just under a lot of IC heat right now.
  • While I haven't done the Goloth yet, I did speak to Viynain about it. According to him, the quest takes 6-8 hours. The mirror takes 10 minutes. There's still a huge discrepancy in accessibility of Soulless contra Vernal curios.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Do you only get once piece for the Goloth, though?

Nope, 4.
    Yeah, that...oh wait, that's still slower than the hand.

Sure, but the Mirror then takes a couple of hours before you can do it again.

Note that the Hand is reaaaaally slow, the mirror is the fast one.
    Oh, right. Mirror, hand, confusing me.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Just keep in mind with the Goloth quest that raising the Goloth will get you enemied to Eventrus order, likely to New Celest too.  Not sure about Terentia's order.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Kagato said:
    Just keep in mind with the Goloth quest that raising the Goloth will get you enemied to Eventrus order, likely to New Celest too.  Not sure about Terentia's order.
    That's just encouragement...

That said, people give you less crap for raising TBC and that actually griefs the rest of the Basin.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I'm pretty sure raising TBC enemies you to Seren and Celest at least. Crap from raising TBC just isn't as vocal as it is now because everyone already knows how everyone else feels about it (which is undying, burning hatred).
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Enemy statuses earned from doing quest shouldn't really be counted in this instance though, because it's subject to change with the political situation and feel of the general population. But regardless, Goloths does not close the gap fully. I still feel that having the keystones give a curio for each stone handed in would go a long way, especially with making the soulless curio collection accessible to more than end-gamers.
    Eventru enemied me for offering him a Goloth Maxyenka corpse.

What a meany. :(
  • Kiradawea said:

Enemy statuses earned from doing quest shouldn't really be counted in this instance though, because it's subject to change with the political situation and feel of the general population. But regardless, Goloths does not close the gap fully. I still feel that having the keystones give a curio for each stone handed in would go a long way, especially with making the soulless curio collection accessible to more than end-gamers.

They're not meant to be easy nor "accessible" (I feel like I've said this before!), but difficult and a full set very rare.

That said, I can about guarantee you won't see the Djarrakh opener quest give a curio per keystone. They are very easy to gather if you know what you're doing, to the time of 3-4 pieces in less than an hour every couple hours, IIRC.

I think Ixion and maybe Xenthos are the only ones who know how to complete the quest at that speed, but it is there and I'm sure we won't be going that route, heh.
  • Updated the front post with new locations for vernal and soulless curio pieces.

With the Devourer of Destiny added, and the Catacombs nerfed, the two might finally be about equal in difficulty and time for acquiring pieces.