The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

Comments

• Vivet said:
    But seriously, no one's going to tell me to speak up or keep my mouth shut?
    You seem to be doing a good job of this yourself, ijs. Trying to goad other people into it is (more than) a bit odd.

As for the earlier comment about not biting much, speak for yourself.

(It took me three tries to write "biting" instead of "bitching". And then two attempts again in the previous sentence. I suppose there are psychologists who would have a field day analyzing my typing-related muscle memory.)
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Only fitting, when I have, in fact, become a bit odd!
  • I detest oddity, as divergence from my internalized norms is necessarily a threat to my well-being and way of life and must be purged, lest the world be allowed to undergo a paradigm shift that renders my worldview at best obsolete, or apparently harmful at worst. Thus I put forth a motion to string up this sower of chaos and strife by her toes, leaving her fate to the harsh whims of creation herself, with this call to be rescinded only after sufficient evidence of the utter and complete innocence and innocuousness of this deviant.

Vote: Vivet
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't want to be caught in the snare where I distrust Vivet on principle, like happened with Synkarin. (Seriously this is what you guys get for being good liars.)

Obviously the night was rather eventful. I'm sure there is information that may not yet be revealed or is inconclusive thus far. I'd still like to hear -something- from everyone, even if it is to say their evening was dull.

As to the poetry - it's very clever and lovely to read but I'm kinda with Krackenor in the regard that it doesn't make it the easiest post to deduce, which makes it suspicious by nature. Be warned.

• Sylandra said:
    Mend your speech a little, lest it mar your fortunes.
    I actually read this to mean we should speak in verse, period language or whatnot.  I wrestled with this a little and decided screw it, I'll write how I normally would.

My night was rather dull.  Considering that excitement during the night seems remarkably fatal, I'm ok with that, but I have a whole lot of nothing to contribute.

Well, since I know I got at least one person's undivided attention, here we go!

I am Viola, of Twelfth Night!

... or rather, I was Viola of Twelfth Night. But anyone who has read the script for that performance must know that our good Viola very much has a tendency to not be herself, but someone else. Who, exactly? Well, you might say I am a Fillin Person, in a way, for I believe it a waste for any role to die too early! So by Lady Sylandra's design, I was to take up the mantle of the fist role to die that wasn't either a mason or a member of the mafia. And with what transpired last night, I couldn't turn into a mason/lover, obviously.

So you know what that means, right?

You know what that means, yes?

That's right! Faerie fans rejoice, for though there is this corpse of Puck, Puck is yet amongst you. Puck the Undying, mayhaps! I rather do like the sound of that, though would be happier if it went untested. Either way, you must admit, it's not so easy to thwart a legend.

My recent demise has helped me appreciate that sometimes, you have to be willing to make some noise, lest you go down without sharing any of the fun at all. And with so many potential tragic types afoot, twould be a shame to be still and sit in the shadows, and hoard what merriment I have.

This is some pretty important information for you all. Firstly, because I not only gained Puck's power, but his win condition! So, in a sense... you lost another member of town, since I am now a survivor. Seems like a pretty heavy blow to fall on the first night, and it's only right and fair you have a full totaling of the numbers.

Secondly, because when I am investigated, I should appear as Puck. Because I'm just that good. Though, naturally, I'm sure this would confuse and perplex any investigator. Why should Puck be standing here when we buried him six feet under not a fortnight ago? Twould seem most suspicious, methinks. Might prompt some fingerpointing, might cause an instant lynch if I was hiding that the whole time. If the game'd gone down to MyLo or LyLo at that point, could be a very bad thing for our heroes.

So naturally, I can't allow that! I know I will look out of sorts to lots, so hey! Might as well get it over with, you know? If I'm to make a stir by existing, would be least dangerous for it to occur early, before another night can fall. I expect this might make a fair few ready to remove me imminently, but even that I might welcome, for we are at a juncture where lynching out a survivor would have the smallest potential of being a wrong move for Town.

But still, I would encourage you all to let my little transformation go. For there is much chance for mirth and amusement with the Night Circus I bring. When I cast a cloth over this person and that person, and they change with one another, anything can happen!

And with that, I must bow out until after the weave, for "Vivet" has this work thing to tend to. How dreadfully boring does that sound?

Vivet's claim is pretty easy to verify, so I tend to believe her at this point. It's a very risky and bold claim otherwise. 

• So easy to verify that an investigator would be foolish to check... OR IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT US TO THINK?!?!
  • Jesus H Christ, what did we say about giving Vivet the crazy hard to follow roles >:(
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    (Are....are you telling me that Viola from Soul Calibur V is also from Shakespeare?)

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Eldanien said:

Sylandra said:
    Mend your speech a little, lest it mar your fortunes.
    I actually read this to mean we should speak in verse, period language or whatnot.  I wrestled with this a little and decided screw it, I'll write how I normally would.

My night was rather dull.  Considering that excitement during the night seems remarkably fatal, I'm ok with that, but I have a whole lot of nothing to contribute.

Mod stepping in to say she was using a King Lear quote to cleverly chastise people for editing their posts; she will be clearer if she demands something like poetry from you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • So is there a concession stand where we can buy snacks? Because this drama is gonna demand popcorn.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wait, does that mean Vivet also inherited Puck's Survivor victory? Those are a shaky claim to begin with, but to have an amnesiac claim another survivor?

FoS: Vivet
  • Bear in mind, Vivet conjured a claim out of nothing and lead us all along last game. It, too, was very convincing. Maybe I'm jaded from last game, but her making really early, really convincing claims gives her no credibility with me. 

At the very least, that role sounds like a survivor/some sort of independent win condition role, rather than a town role. 
  • Oh, I guess I can do a poem. Watch out @Maylea, you're not the only talented poet in this game.

Roses are red, Violets are blue.
    Vivet can't be trusted, I don't believe you!
  • Hey, sorry for not posting earlier. I'd been dealing with some health issues this weekend and had been keeping up on my phone but couldn't actually post. My phone is allergic to posting on the forums. I'm finally on a laptop and I'm thinking Vote: Vivet

Honestly, I buy your claim, I think you're a survivor. Mafia wouldn't make some crazy claim right away. I just think you're way too good of a player and a survivor with a chaos causing ability like that is way more likely to be a liability to the town.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    Keep jumping as shadows and the mafia will get us
    and this will be a short game.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Mafia might not, but we know there's a SK or vigilante out there, and an SK might jump at the opportunity to safely claim survivor too. Not that a bus driver is a safe claim, since even town will have problems with a neutral bus driver in play, it plays merry hell with investigations and doctors alike.
    I should clarify that I don't outright think she is telling the truth, just that we can verify it pretty easily. She can be investigated (and she says she will show as Puck, I find it really hard to believe that she would, unless she IS), and she can also use her ability to switch people and they can verify as well as anyone who targeted someone who was switched...you get the point. Hard to fake, is all.

HOWEVER - with no other leads, I must admit it makes Vivet a safe lynch. It won't hurt the mafia, true, but neither would it actually hurt the town. I'm ok with lynching her if we don't have any other better options.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

VivetIeptix, Othero (2)

It takes 7 votes to advance to the next scene.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm also leaning towards Vivet. Like Othero and Lavinya, I don't necessarily think that she's lying, but I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of a bus driver being in the hands of a loose cannon.

Allow me to put on the pedant hat for a moment, and give you a poem of my own:

Roses are red,
    This much is true!
    But Violets are purple,
    Not thrice damned blue!

Ahem. That aside...

There is miscalculation. There is misfortune. And then, there is destiny. And this, my friends? Most assuredly, was destiny.

Just want to point out, this didn't happen by Sylandra's design! Nor by mine. I did not choose the Puck life. The Puck life chose me.

Ya'll are voicing concerns over calamity that might sync in with my powers, but it is interesting not a single person has offered a suggestion of how I could use or not use them. Interesting to see who votes while who makes arguments without voting!

Normally scum have no reason to care about survivors, but my busdriving can be just as much of a nuisance for them as town. Especially while they got the upperhand. And I'm probably one of the highest priorities for the SK, right up there with the protector. This is why, sensibly, I don't really expect to make it through the day. Lynching me is about the only thing town, mafia, and SK all could easily agree upon. It's a very nice lure, isn't it?

So yes, I am pretty much a huge distraction at this point, but let us be honest. What else were you going to talk about? The merits of discerning scumminess via iambic pentameter? I don't know, doesn't seem like much else was going to pop up suddenly.

Who believes me and who doesn't, the manner and method of the arguments made, who votes when and after having said what - these can all still be some pretty important aspects of the discussion. And while the old crew has taken precedence here, there's still plenty of room for the new blood to get vocal.

How about it? Step right up, step right up, don't be shy!

• So if I'm following that guide right Vivet has the ability to switch bodies right? So this could go in a positive or negative direction right?
  • That's if she survivor.
    Yeah, I can switch people around. What that ultimately implies all depends on who else targets who, and whether I make good predictions to that end.

• She's rather