The Good Daughter: Part 1

edited April 2016 in Event Scrolls
Note: Part of this event involves a play, which is viewable in-game. I'm not going to paste all of the play here. (it's 484 and 485, not sure if it's viewable at the world stage yet.)

~~~ [ INTERMISSION ] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please grab refreshments, stretch your legs, take a nap or any other necessaries at this time.

We will resume the tale in The Good Daughter Pt 2 in a quarter of a day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The curtains draw to a close on an industrious stage of blackened steel and ravenwood, signaling the conclusion of the performance of 'The Good Daughter Pt 1'.

You follow Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance to the Theatre of Bloody Threnodies.

Zarialle curtseys gracefully.

Remier d'Mauge claps his hands together in an extravagant gesture, face beaming.

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says, "Bravo! Very good so far."

Kalnid hums a happy tune.

With a flourish of his arm, Esca bows deeply.

Vittari takes a drink from a demonic hand-served wine glass.

Koba stares implacably at Vladimere.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Please proceed to the solarium for refreshments. The young, please take a nap before returning."

Vittari gets up off an archaic wrought iron couch.

Vittari smooths back her 'hair', as if strands of the crystalline coiffure are out of place.

Kailanna stretches languidly.

Remier d'Mauge rises fluidly, pressing his jacket smooth.

Tissah, the Mistwaif is on her feet effortlessly, gliding down the aisle and to the outside.

Alaksanteri gives a polite applause, then briefly replaces her hair.

Tissah fades into the background, her dove-grey silken dress seemingly wreathing her in mists.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Lady Latifa, Jinlu, so well of you to attent, I am pleased to see you both."

Vittari leaves to the out.

Latifa y'Bolgari raises slowly with a polite smile, hands clapping in praise.

You say to Zarialle, "Is Jinlu related to..."

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance smiles and says, "To tissah and greetings, Tissah."

Latifa y'Bolgari says, "The pleasure is mine, Aois-Dana."

Latifa y'Bolgari glides away to the out amidst a rustle of chiffon and clink of heavy bracelets.

Sibilant High Priestess Alaksanteri Elithysius, Herald of the Everliving says, "Please excume me a moment."

Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer raises quickly and hurried after her friend to the solarium, curtseying this way and that to everyone she passes.

Amidst a clatter of bone jewelry, Jinlu Ilithyia leaves to the out.

Sibilant High Priestess Alaksanteri Elithysius, Herald of the Everliving says, "Excuse, yes."

Comprehension flashes across Esca's face.

You say, "Tissah and Jinlu are family."

You ponder the situation.

Kailanna leaves to the out.

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says, "Perhaps we should make our way out to the foyer. Zarialle has arranged an array of refreshments for all, it would be saddening to see them go to waste."

You nod your head emphatically.

A golden, chromatic solarium.
Wisps of velvety indigo fog blanket the ground, ebbing into the area from a healing shrine of Drocilla nearby. Glowing on a nearby wall is script that reads, "Available: eventide wine, bubbly rose champagne, and scented red wine." Glittering in an inviting manner, a darkwood chest stands here, its surface embellished with a mosaic of springs, cogs, and gears. A carpet as red as blood lies here, warming the ground. A painting of the rite of the crimson amaranth is proudly exhibited on a nearby wall. Draped in midnight-hued silks, an ebon wood table stands here, various platters, bowls, and trays stacked high upon it. Swaying enticingly, a string of violet paper lanterns cast gentle light about the room. A cherrywood sign displays an ornate playbill. Looking at first like an oddly-coloured barrel, a keg of bloodstone rests here. There are 2 dark amethyst kegs here. Carrying herself with a measure of uncertainty, Tissah, the Mistwaif is here. Latifa y'Bolgari stands poised, a polite smile pressed to her lips. Jinlu Ilithyia stands off to the side demurely. Concealed within a heavy scarlet cloak, a shapeshifter flicks sparks of energy between her hands. High Keeper Kailanna n'Kylbar, Mistress of the Black Tomes is here. She wields a bloody symbol of pain in her left hand and a barbed whip in her right. Shifting Current Vittari is here, surrounded by clouds. She wields a delicate crystal staff in her left hand and a demonic hand-served wine glass in her right.
You see exits leading north, northeast, southeast, south, southwest, northwest, and in.

Latifa y'Bolgari samples a delicate sip from an ornate teacup as she busies herself with Jinlu Ilithyia in a quiet corner of the solarium.

With an unusually refined smile, you say, "What a delightful flavour."

Kailanna takes a mosaic tea bottle of golden tulips from a latticework silver tray.

Tissah, the Mistwaif says, "Lady n'Kylbar, a pleasure to see you again."

Vittari takes a monochromatic tea bottle of tessellating roses from a latticework silver tray.

You say, "I probably should not have drunk directly from the bottle..."

Kailanna's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Sibilant High Priestess Alaksanteri Elithysius, Herald of the Everliving says, "All looks exquisite as well."

Tissah, the Mistwaif curtseys with a degree more of control than usual.

High Keeper Kailanna n'Kylbar, Mistress of the Black Tomes says, "To Tissah And to you as well, youngling."

You say to Tissah, the Mistwaif, "It is so good to see you."

Vladimere enters from the in, emanating an aura of immense power.

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says, "Are all enjoying themselves? If anyone has any comments about the fare on display, please do not hesitate to let me know. I settle for none less than the best in my works."

Tissah, the Mistwaif flashes a ghost of a smile at Sylvanas.

Kailanna pours a spicy Clarramore merlot wine from a mosaic tea bottle of golden tulips into a demonic hand-served wine glass.

Kailanna puts a mosaic tea bottle of golden tulips into a latticework silver tray.

Vittari empties out a demonic hand-served wine glass into her mouth.

You say to Sakaki, "Ah, I suspect the angel corpses went into some of these delightful desserts and drinks?"

Vladimere takes a long draught of champagne.

Remier d'Mauge shashays in from the in.

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says, "Indeed, the angel blood ice cream specifically."

You say, "Ooh!"

High Keeper Kailanna n'Kylbar, Mistress of the Black Tomes says, "Now that sounds delicious."

Archmage Kalas Vladimere, Herald of Transformation says, "I am a fan."

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a bowl of vanilla and angel blood icecream with angel wing dippers.
Tasting both angel wing and icecream, you are surprised at the disturbingly wholesome blend of flavours.

Gavriel arrives, following Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance.
Esca arrives, following Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance.
Koba arrives, following Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance.
Winging in from the in, Orchis, the Vespertine Nightingale, brings the scent of night-blooming jasmines with her mingled with a mournful song.

You say, "How lovely."

Remier d'Mauge strolls about the solarium at a leisurely pace.

Koba arrives from the north.

Latifa y'Bolgari turns from her gossip with Jinlu and acknowledges Remier with a smile. "Dear sir," she croons delightfully, "Do join us if you'd be so kind. Much to discuss."

Zarialle inclines her head politely to those around her.

Taking to the air, Orchis, the Vespertine Nightingale, flits to the south trailing indigo mist and the scent of night-blooming jasmines.

Gavriel offers Latifa a thin, familiar smile.

Placing his right fist over his heart, Sakaki murmurs, "Blessings of the Chain."

Latifa y'Bolgari exclaims, "Oh Lord d'Vanecu, what a surprise!"

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Esca's lips.

Latifa y'Bolgari offers a hand for kissing towards Gavriel.

Mystagogue Gavriel d'Vanecu, of Intrinsic Ire says to Latifa y'Bolgari, "Lady y'Bolgari. It's lovely to see you again. I couldn't possibly miss a cultural event."

Daraius enters from the in amid swirling motes of warmly-glowing golden light.

Vittari curtseys gracefully before Daraius.

Gavriel bends deeply at the waist, blackened fingers taking hold of Latifa's as he presses a kiss to her knuckle.

Sakaki nibbles in a dignified manner on the cookie he just helped himself to.

You beam broadly at Daraius.

Daraius dips his muzzle politely.

You say to Daraius, "Glad you could make it!"

You say to Daraius, "Sylandra indicated you'd be here."

Latifa y'Bolgari flutters her eyelashes and withdraws her hand. "Of course you could not have, such is your charm." she laughs lightly.

Daraius Shevat says, "Mm, I'm afraid I did miss the very beginning, but not enough to be confused."

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says to Tissah, the Mistwaif, "How are you finding yourself settling into your new lifestyle?"

Phrasing her words delicately, Shifting Current Vittari asks Daraius, "How are you finding it?"

The light within the lanterns suddenly flares brightly, washing the area with violet light and setting the painted censers aflame. In the blink of an eye all is as it was, and only the heightened scent of incense remains.

Sakaki blinks.

Tissah, the Mistwaif ghosts about the corners of the solarium, steering clear of the oblivious Jinlu Ilithyia who is tasting a piece of cake and observing Latifa y'Bolgari as if she were a work of art.

You say to Tissah, the Mistwaif, "Come now. Don't be shy."

Rising smoothly, Mystagogue Gavriel d'Vanecu, of Intrinsic Ire says to Latifa y'Bolgari, "Of course. Besides, I would be hard-pressed to act in it were I not here. If I may make your experience more pleasant in any way, you need only say so."

Her voice like a whisper in the depth of the night, Tissah, the Mistwaif says, "I am quite charmed by the performance, almost as much as I am by my very being here to witness it, rather than doing so from, ah, above."

Latifa y'Bolgari offers Gavriel an enchanting smile and fans herself lightly with a gilt fan.

Vladimere raises an eyebrow at Koba.

With a faintly amused quirk of his lips, Heresiarch Esca n'Lochli, Count of the Dominion says to Vladimere, "I do think she is bothered by your applause during her death scene."

Vladimere's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Archmage Kalas Vladimere, Herald of Transformation says, "Both glorious deaths."

Koba crosses her arms on her chest, sticks out her lower lip, and pouts.

Bending slightly and speaking in hushed tones so as not to interrupt the conversation, Daraius Shevat whispers to Vittari, "It is about as bloody as one might expect, but I am intrigued by the portrayal of the young bard's training."

Heresiarch Esca n'Lochli, Count of the Dominion asks Vladimere, "Aye, I was fantastic, was I not?"

Esca reaches gingerly towards his twisting iron horns strung with cracked bells with one hand and, scarcely touching it, carefully ensures that everything is flawlessly coiffed.

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says to Tissah, the Mistwaif, "It is good to hear you are enjoying yourself. Appreciation of art is a trait treasured within the order..."

Archmage Kalas Vladimere, Herald of Transformation says, "Aye!"

You stick out your tongue and say to Vladimere, "We were rather insulted."

Koba nods in agreement.

Koba's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Mirthfully, Heresiarch Esca n'Lochli, Count of the Dominion says, "I've killed two of my three daughters on stage thus far. Perhaps the next play by the Aois-Dana will allow me to complete the trifecta."

Vittari gives Daraius an agreeing dip of her head, offering him her subtle, vermilion smile. "I admit, I believe I am suffering from a dose of culture shock," she confesses to the elder Hallifaxian, her voice soft so as not to interrupt, "Are their politics really so vicious?"

You stare implacably at Esca.

Kailanna chuckles long and heartily.

Sibilant High Priestess Alaksanteri Elithysius, Herald of the Everliving says, "The deaths were indeed, delightful to witness."

You ask Esca, "Who is my other sister?"

Daraius turns up his paws in a benign kind of shrug, baring his teeth in a semblance of a grin.

High Keeper Kailanna n'Kylbar, Mistress of the Black Tomes says, "Politics? Hardly. That was romance."

Amused, Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer says, "The Archmage was paying attention and finding appreciation in the things he holds dear, such is the nature of art that it resonates with everyone differently. I, for one, cringes at the death scenes."

Her voice aghast, Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer exclaims, "So dreadful!"

Heresiarch Esca n'Lochli, Count of the Dominion says to you, "Ah... surprise! You have another sister."

Shifting Current Vittari says to Kailanna, "Romance? I see."

Sakaki chuckles softly, understanding Jinlu's point of view.

Koba giggles happily.

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

Esca smiles softly at Koba.

You say, "Wait."

You stare implacably at Koba.

Koba stares at her shoes in embarrassment.

Wisps of indigo mist creep slowly into the solarium, blanketing the crimson carpet underfoot and pooling about your ankles.

You throw your hands into the air and give a loud, "WOO!"

You have emoted: Sylvanas dusts off her shoulders, regaining the perfect composure of the Heresiarch's daughter.

Kailanna raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Esca utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Esca leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

Sakaki gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

A haunting melody of spectral violins drifts as effigies manifest out of the mists. One by one, immaterial beings reveal themselves, shifting from one eerie hue to the next.

Zarialle smiles softly at the melody.

Gavriel's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

The spectral quartet takes form, undulating with an aurora of ghoulish hues. Their ethereal music still lingering upon the air, they pause awaiting instruction.

Sakaki smiles, listening to the music, eyes drifting closed as he focusses on the lovely tones.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says to a spectral quartet, "Oh my, you are quite grand."

With a wistful look on her face, Zarialle touches a spectral quartet.

Heresiarch Esca n'Lochli, Count of the Dominion says, "Oh, were these the ones that played during the Bloodfaire? Spectacular!"

Esca n'Lochli nudges Zarialle in the side with one elbow lightly. "Spectacular," he repeats. "SPECT-acular!"

Sakaki groans and elbows Esca gently.

Kailanna gives a pained sigh.

Vittari gives applause to the quartet, her crystalline hands clinking softly.

Koba snorts, covering her mouth.

"Uhh..." you stall.

The crisp, stately notes of a waltz issue forth from a spectral quartet as their instruments move with a sudden frenzy of controlled, precise motion. The three-step rhythm sings across the chamber as ghostly footprints trace their way across the floor, visible for the faintest of moments before dissipating in a thin film of ectoplasm.

Remier d'Mauge sways in time with the music, occasionally taking a sip of wine.

Attention returning to Latifa, Gavriel offers a taloned hand to the Lady y'Bolgari. "If I may be so bold, m'lady, would you care to dance?"

Latifa y'Bolgari takes Gavriel's hand without hesitation, crossing the floor in quick steps towards him.

Sakaki moves to Tissah, offering his arm politely, saying "Would you care to dance, youngling?", a warm smile on his face.

Tissah, the Mistwaif glances uncertainly to Latifa y'Bolgari's movements and mimics them herself, taking Sakaki's arm and following him.

You say, "I believe we shall resume shortly. If you require sleep, be sure to do so."

Sakaki smiles gently and leads Tissah out onto the dancefloor, following the music but also making sure not to embarrass Tissah at the same time, who was obviously uneasy.

The cellist draws his bow across the ghostly instrument, fingers moving with deft skill at the neck of the cello as a low, rolling melody slithers commandingly into hearing, equal parts exquisite and maddening as the notes lilt from octave to octave, seemingly more than could be coaxed forth by a single musician.

With a refined smile, Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "The dances should finish their first round before we begin, but aye, it is near time to begin the second act."

Tissah, the Mistwaif follows the footsteps lightly, growing more confident and graceful with each movement that traces wisps of mist as she passes.

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says, "To tissah (gently) You are quite the good dancer, if I may say so myself..."

Sakaki blinks.

Kailanna smiles approvingly.

Vladimere takes a long draught of champagne.

Gavriel places one hand to the curve of Latifa's waist as he begins to guide her through the steps of a simple waltz. His lead begins slowly but surely, simple steps soon replaced with small, subtle variations as he loops over the floor with her.

Tissah, the Mistwaif flushes lightly, her already crimson cheeks darkening in hue, but continues to move effortlessly. "This no feat for a child of the rooftops, one who would run with Cogs in the Smog," she murmurs.

Alaksanteri's eyes sparkle with amusement.

High Keeper Kailanna n'Kylbar, Mistress of the Black Tomes says, "Just remember the play, darling. If he tries to kiss you, you may stab him."

Latifa y'Bolgari's muslin gown glides across the floor after her, golden tassels fluttering as Gavriel turns this way and that.

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says to Tissah, the Mistwaif, "Come now, you do not give yourself enough credit. I have heard stories of your activities within the engine."

Zarialle quirks her lips in a grin at Vladimere, eyes alight with a dangerous kind of mischief.

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says to Kailanna, "Hah, if I tried that, Lady Drocilla would surely smite me."

Vladimere starts dusting a handsome aristocrat's suit.

Tissah, the Mistwaif flashes an altogether eerie grin at Kailanna while she and Sakaki twirls by.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says to Vladimere, "And here I thought all mages pranced about in robes only."

The cellist draws his bow across the ghostly instrument, fingers moving with deft skill at the neck of the cello as a low, rolling melody slithers commandingly into hearing, equal parts exquisite and maddening as the notes lilt from octave to octave, seemingly more than could be coaxed forth by a single musician.

Vittari smooths down her gown at the mention of mages in robes.

Sakaki smiles and returns his attention to Tissah once more, as is proper, the two of them gliding across the floor in time with the music.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says to Vittari, "Ah, an Aeromancer?"

Shifting Current Vittari says to Zarialle, "Indeed."

Twin spectral violins sing to soft, haunting life, melody and harmony lilting ethereally about one another in a chilling minor key. The viola joins next in an underlying, soft contralto, causing the spectral quartet to shimmer as sickly violet ephemerae unwind from their collective visage, a stately minuet rising through the silence.

Gavriel abruptly dips Latifa in place, wingtips flicking out slightly to maintain his balance.

As he disengages, "The lady must excuse us. The stage awaits."

Zarialle smiles in her smooth, refined manner at Vittari and nods.

The light within the lanterns suddenly flares brightly, washing the area with violet light and setting the painted censers aflame. In the blink of an eye all is as it was, and only the heightened scent of incense remains.

Zarialle curtseys gracefully before a spectral quartet.

Chanter of Vespers, Sakaki d'Murani, Rossignol Naissante says, "To Tissah As much as I am enjoying our dance, we should not keep everyone waiting. Perhaps you will do me the honour of finishing this dance at a later time."

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says to a spectral quartet, "You were magnificent, thank you all."

Latifa y'Bolgari is proped the right way up, her cheeks flushed, before Gavriel makes his leave.

Tissah, the Mistwaif curtseys gracefully.

Daraius dips his muzzle politely before quietly excusing himself.

Vittari leaves to the in.

Daraius leaves to the in, surrounded by swirling motes of golden light.

Remier d'Mauge shashays away to the in.

Sakaki takes Tissah's hand and kisses the back of it politely.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "I hope everyone enjoyed the selection of refreshments."

(everyone was sitting down, etc etc at this point)

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "The stage's program lists each crew member who aided this effort prior to this premier. I would like to take a moment to thank them now aloud as well."

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "While everyone convenes for the Second Act."

Jinlu Ilithyia, the Boneseer rushes back in, looks around scouting for Latifa in the gloom, and hurries over to take a place next to her.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "First to my editors, Lady Kanaya, Maker of Mountains, and High Priest Vhaedryn of the House d'Vanecu. They were crucial in ensuring cultural accuracy and general storyline continuity."

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance smiles and says, "In addition, each actor standing before you played a role in final touch ups as editors as we rehearsed."

Alaksanteri smiles softly at Latifa y'Bolgari.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Viscount Sakaki of the Great House d'Murani supplied all the food and drink, aside from the wondrous selection of tea by our own Remier d'Mauge here with us as well."

With a flourish of his arm, Sakaki bows deeply.

Remier d'Mauge flashes a charming smile.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "And finally, the play is dedicated to my mother, Solange of Great House n'Lochli, who is no longer amongst us, but was huge inspiration for the storyline."

Zarialle smiles elegantly, though a sadness touches her eyes and she gives a curtsey.

Aois-Dana Zarialle the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Now, on with the show!"

Sakaki gives up a round of applause.
Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."