Error

edited May 2016 in Common Grounds
s

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Were you wanting "anything I can target to kill", "anything that is not a sapient creature", or "anything that is non-sapient and is not game, livestock, a household pet, or a beast of burden"?
  • anything that is not a npc/ loyal to anyone or is not meant to be bashed so I believe not a sapient creature.

• I want basically a list for an auto basher 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Human, Dwarf, Elfen, Dracnari, Faeling, Furrikin, Krokani, Aslaran, Merian, Orclach, Orc, Igasho, Tae'dae, Trill, Viscanti, Lucidian, Kephera, Illithoid.  That covers a large number of things!
  • edited May 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Human, Dwarf, Elfen, Dracnari, Faeling, Furrikin, Krokani, Aslaran, Merian, Orclach, Orc, Igasho, Tae'dae, Trill, Viscanti, Lucidian, Kephera, Illithoid.  That covers a large number of things!

that might also attack loyal beings to cities/communes I'll probably have to do special suffixes for races.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Read HELP AUTOMATION. An auto basher that switches targets for you is not allowed
  • hrm I see I just assumed it was allowed since Chade's system had it.
    Falmiis said:
    Read HELP AUTOMATION. An auto basher that switches targets for you is not allowed
    Not exactly.  It says that you must manually select targets, but mainly just means that you need to be involved in the process; for example, I have a "multihunt" alias that I can use to add/remove strings from a list.  If I press the numpad 5 on the keyboard, it does IH and selects one of the creatures from that list in order to kill it (by ID#).  When it dies, I have to press num-5 again to select and kill the next creature, one at a time.

Personally, I don't use it much, it's not as convenient as just murdering all things in the room that have the same name until there are none left (after typing HUNT *shortname* to set the target and then ctrl-num5 to start the swinging), but it can be very helpful in a place like the UV tunnels where creatures change all the time.
    Rolsand said:
    hrm I see I just assumed it was allowed since Chade's system had it.
    Just because someone has done it does not mean it is allowed.  People are people, and sometimes like to break rules.  Rule-breaking does come with consequences if caught!
  • How would one be caught auto bashing or whatever? 
  • Would bashing very fast be enough to get in trouble?
    Rolsand said:
    How would one be caught auto bashing or whatever? 
    1) You tell people you're doing it (you're already on the verge of this, so, a good idea not to push the limits here).
    2) Other people can actually tell pretty easily when most people are autobashing.  It leads to laziness, sloppiness, and others get very annoyed when they find you at it.  Just don't do it.
    3) No, not going to give examples of how, because that basically reads as "How can I do it and avoid getting caught?" :P
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Rolsand said:
    How would one be caught auto bashing or whatever? 
    Protip - don't ask about how to avoid getting caught cheating on the forums where, you know, the admins are reading?

Protip #2 - don't cheat.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Here's an idea - how about instead of asking the forums, you actually run around and collect the information you are looking for.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • How can I delete this discussion?
  • Let's petition the admin to allow autobashing. That way, I can afk bash while at work =D

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Falmiis said:

Dear Crown users that bash tunnel trash....
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Falmiis said:

Dear Crown users that bash tunnel trash....
    It's all fun and games until you run into the adoraths.

That is why I don't use that feature. Bloody adoraths.

Edit: this is what an adorath looks like in my head:

Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I love adoraths. Free mantakaya.
  • edited May 2016
    Lerad said:
    Let's petition the admin to allow autobashing.

I don't think an auto basher is gonna get you 1 millions coins a day or get you as a Demi God in three.If anything auto bashing should be allowed while being at the keyboard and paying attention.
  • And dpes this also include influencing scripts?
    If the influencing script is running you around and/or changing targets without you providing any input, yes.  Anything that allows you to generate gold / exp automatically, repeatedly, without user input is prohibited.  It does not matter whether it is 1 essence / 1 gold per kill or a million.
  • So if there was influencing script that allowed you to influence everything that entered the room that would also be breaking the rules.