One Night Ultimate Werewolf rd 4 - Town Wins

LuceLuce Fox Populi
edited September 2016 in The Real World
Sometimes, you just don't have time to devote to one mafia game over the course of a month. Sometimes you're out night 2 and the next round doesn't start until day 10. Sometimes you just feel...fuzzy.

Welcome to One Night Ultimate Werewolf, a game running concurrently with other mafia games. Why? Because each round lasts less than a week. Here's how it works:
The roles are fixed. In a vanilla game, you have two werewolves, one vanilla villager, a seer, an insomniac, and a troublemaker. Three players are assigned one role each, with the remaining three placed into a pool. Each role, except for the villager, has a distinct action it performs during the night phase. During the day phase, the villagers must try to find the werewolves. At the end of the day, there is a single vote. If the one with the most votes is a werewolf, the town wins. If not...then the town loses. If everyone has the same number of votes, then no one is killed, but the werewolves win unless they are all in the unused pool.

But, you say, what if there are more than three players? Well, then we get to add more roles. There will always be three unused and unassigned roles in the pool, but more villagers can be added, including villagers with special powers such as the masons or the hunter, or crafty foes like the tanner and the minion. Each round can have up to 10 players.

Each role will be explained before each round. Once explanations are out, there will be a period where players are allowed to sign up. Once we have enough, too many, or once time's up, I'll select the active roles and announce them in the thread, assign the roles to players or the unused pool at random, and ask for night actions from those who have them. Players have 24 hours to relay those actions, or the action will be forfeited. I'll then reveal information to those who should have it, and announce that day has begun in the thread, along with a reminder of what roles are in the game. Players will then have another 24 hours to come to a decision, and must cast their vote in a private message back to me. I'll then reveal who voted for whom, as well as the actions taken and the beginning and final arrangement of the board, which will reveal our winners.

So, who dares to join our little village?

Reminders:
These still follow regular mafia rules, so no talking outside the thread about current rounds, no editing your posts, no harassment, no pushing, no shoving, no diving in the shallow end.

Comments

• So there's only one day and one night..? This sounds like hectic fun. Sign me up.
  • Let's do this.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm down.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Of course.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Guess I'm in.
  • Such enthusiasm, @Falmiis!
    I don't want to be mauled by a werewolf in my sleep!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I think I can handle this.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I'd be interested if there's room, but if someone who hasn't gone yet wants to go I can always play another game later. :D

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'll join if there is room

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited May 2016
    We can hold up to one more player. I'm giving it until 12 hours from the initial post
    That's 10
    So far:
    1: Cen
    2: Thul
    3: Sylandra
    4: Lavinya
    5: Silvanus
    6: Falmiis
    7: Daraius
    8: Dylara
    9: Synkarin
    10: Cyndarin
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    For our first round, the following roles are in effect:

Villager x2 - Typical residents of our sleepy little hamlet. You take no special actions this round.
    Werewolf x2 - Predatory hunters, or just a couple of guys and gals trying to deal with a curse in peace? You're dangerous to the village, and must be killed, but take no special actions this round.
    Seer - An oracle trained in the mystic arts. During the night, you may peek at one player's role, or two of the unused roles.
    Insomniac - Can't a body just get a good night's sleep? You wake at the end of the night phase, and can see your own role when you do.
    Troublemaker - Oh daddy dear, you're still number one, but this girl wants to have fun. At night, you switch any two roles' positions on the board.
    Masons x2 - Members of the local lodge. You were in a secret meeting last night, and therefore know who one another are.
    Robber - What's mine is mine, and so's what's yours. At night, you switch your role with any other player's. You get to see both roles, and now you're on the team with the new role. (So's the other guy, but he doesn't know it yet.)
    Hunter - No one's quick like you are, no one's slick as you are, no one's neck's as incredibly thick as yours is. During the voting phase, if you are chosen, your target is instead killed. Town will win if this is a werewolf.
    Minion - You dream about those big, furry, muscly werewolves at night, but unfortunately they haven't elected to turn you. You are therefore a VILLAGER who wins with the werewolves.
    Tanner - You are ostensibly a villager, but you hate your job and just wish someone would put you out of your misery. If at the end of the round, you are dead, you win. You are still a villager though, so town loses (so do the werewolves)
  • Sure thing!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Roles are out.

The night is dark, and full of wolves. First, the werewolves wake and acknowledge one another. If there is only one werewolf, he or she may look in the centre to find one unused role.

Next, the Minion wakes up to spy on the werewolves. He or she knows who the werewolves are, but not vice-versa.

Then the Masons attend their lodge.

Next, the Seer either chooses to cast for a players role, or allow his or her sight  to expand and see two unused roles in the centre.

Now the Robber does his nefarious deeds, exchanging his card with another player's, and looking at his new assumed identity.

And with his job done, the Troublemaker blindly swaps two players' roles.

Finally, the Insomniac awakens to check his or her role.

And so, I need these actions within the next 24 hours. Once I have everyone's actions, and reveal their results to the Robber, Seer, and Insomniac, the next time I get a chance.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A little bit of confusion was pointed out, so I'll clarify: The above actions and their order are important because of the information gleaned by the Wolves, Minion, Mason, Seer, Robber, and Insomniac. However, when you act if you act is determined by your STARTING role. Meaning even if the Robber takes the Troublemaker's role, the person who is now the robber still acts as the troublemaker, because they started that way. Likewise, if the Robber robs a wolf, the other wolf won't know about it, and neither will the Minion. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited May 2016
    Dawn has now officially broken. You have 24 hours ending tomorrow to talk amongst yourselves. Discuss what and how you want, but remember, you must all vote at the end of the day to kill someone else. The only way no one dies is for everyone to choose someone different.

EDIT: And so I don't forget, @Ileein, you're at the top of the list for next round.
    Would all the werewolves please speak up? That will make our job a little easier, thank you. Failing that, the troublemaker and robber ought to confess who got switcheroo'd. P.S. @Luce is the final vote conducted here or via PM?
    I used to make cakes.

So hello. Hi. Fellow townsfolk etc. It would appear we have a wolf problem?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Vote: Daraius 

Because he's a weredog.
  • We do indeed seem to have a wolf problem, it needs to be dealt with as all rabid wolves must be.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Of course by "our jobs" I meant the jobs of my fellow townsfolk. I am decidedly anti-furry in this game.
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm interested to hear any information about the unused roles. Would certainly help along the process of elimination.
  • I believe votes are privately sent at the end of the day.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Would all the werewolves please speak up? That will make our job a little easier, thank you. Failing that, the troublemaker and robber ought to confess who got switcheroo'd. P.S. @Luce is the final vote conducted here or via PM?
    Final votes are by PM only. In a live game there's a countdown and everyone votes at the exact same time, but in a forum-based game that would be impossible.
    So we have no idea who voted who?
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'll reveal the votes with the results, but since this is a one-day game, the only really important part is the final tally.
    Slightly confused but I'm sure we'll manage