One Night Ultimate Werewolf rd 4 - Town Wins

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lehki said:
    Actually in both of these cases, wouldn't Siam have to be a werewolf? Correct my logic if I'm wrong because I'm supposed to be working right now and an rushed and can't type out my whole thought process on mobile

Actually yeah that makes a lot of sense. Voting Siam is the safest bet if you don't know which story to buy.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Just a question, if we have 2 people who both have 4 votes on them, what happens? Do both die, or do neither die, or is there a recount?

As for Siam, in the second case where Daraius is a Werewolf and Breandryn is telling the truth, there is 1 Werewolf unaccounted for, that could be in one of 3 places: Falmiis, Siam, and the unused spot. Siam could also be an Insomniac or a Troublemaker (though if he is a Troublemaker, and switched Falmiis with someone, we're screwed).
  • Okay actually if Darius is telling the truth then yeah, Breandryn Falmiis and Siam are wolves. But I'd if Breandryn is the real Seer I forget the obvious car of there could have been 2 unused wolf roles. Siam could be wolf or trouble maker.

I'm still leaning more towards Darius being the real Seer though so I'm going to go with Falmiis. 

How do we make our votes official?
    Wait till nighttime. Then message Luce. Sounds like votes are being split between Falmiis and Daraius? I don't like these options! :(@Siam plz talk
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    TIME IS UP! VOTING WILL LAST 24 HOURS.

To vote, send the name of the person you are voting for to me in a PM. If I don't receive your vote, it will not count.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    @ Melali: As I understand it, if two people tie for highest number of votes, both die, and if at least one is a werewolf, town wins. 

@Lehki: Luce will call an end to the discussion and collect votes via PM, then reveal the results when votes are in.

The attention on Siam made me just a tiny bit nervous that we might be splitting our vote too much. I don't know if Siam's wolf status is airtight. Melali covered why it's not a guarantee under Breandryn's scenario. Under my scenario, there is the outside chance he's the vanilla townie. I think this is unlikely, because it would make Sylandra the third ninja wolf, and I would have expected her to try a little harder to deflect attention from her teammates when they came under fire.

Let me be clear I'm not trying to cast suspicion on Sylandra now. Too late in the game for that, and she hasn't said anything bonkers. I just don't feel as 100% confident in Siam's alignment as I do in Falmiis's (and Breandryn's).

@Sylandra, if your heart is true, you'll make the right decision. <3

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I think whatever Siam has to add will not help unless you already believe Breandryn, and then Siam claims that he swapped Darius with somebody else. And even then it's a 50/50 shot that he's a wolf just lieing to cover Darius.

If he says anybody else it still basically comes down to who you believe is the real Seer.

Another question for a noob. Do the werewolves get to talk at night before the game starts, or get to see what the mystic wolf saw?

@Luce my argument came in after the deadline. Should I delete it? Which is the greater sin, editing a post or posting after time's up?
    I used to make cakes.

edited September 2016
    Daraius said:

@Sylandra, if your heart is true, you'll make the right decision. <3

I don't know what scenario is worse, losing for not trusting Daraius or losing because I trusted Daraius knowing he will never let me forget he tricked me. :|
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Posts as they are may stand, but no more.

I finally got to play Werewolf irl, and lost to my 8-year-old cousin's masterful minion play. :astonished:
    I used to make cakes.

#justice
    Daraius said:
  • Daraius said:
    I finally got to play Werewolf irl, and lost to my 8-year-old cousin's masterful minion play. :astonished:
    Sounds like Werewolf!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Dusk settles in and you all gather around. Breandryn and Daraius seem to be the main contenders, speaking against one another and hurling lupine accusations against the town. Both seem to agree, however, that both Falmiis and Siam are suspicious by their confusion and silence respectively. As night encroaches, both Siam and Daraius look increasingly nervous, with Breandryn presenting ferverent arguments. In the end, it is Tremula who says, "Enough!". She draws a dagger out of her bodice and, in one smooth motion, slices Falmiis's neck from cheek to cheek. After a moment of stunned silence, the group finds that he's carrying a charm made from wolves' fangs. Falmiis was a werewolf. Siam and Breandryn howl in frustration and grief, and as the sun flashes the last of its light, everyone is engulfed in cleansing moonlight, curing this land of the Lycanthropic affliction once and for all time.

Votes are as follows:

Daraius - (Breandryn, Falmiis, Siam)
    Falmiis - (Melali, Lehki, Daraius, Tremula, Sylandra)

You may freely share your PMs now.

Daraius was the Seer
    Falmiis, and Breandryn were werewolves
    Siam was the Mystic Wolf
    Tremula was the Doppelganger.
    Melali was the Prince
    Sylandra was a vanilla villager
    Lehki was a lone Mason
    Victoly! Shame Siam wasn't able to contribute. I bet his info could have shaken things up.

Also I wish my real life werewolf efforts were even a third as successful. Seriously I failed so many times, and I was the only person playing with even a passing familiarity with the game.  :'(
    I used to make cakes.

• Yeah. I think it's harder in person because it's easier to get emotional, and there's no hard record of what people said. Also, there's more time when we do it online, which makes it harder to rush people and have them make snap decisions. 

Good game!
  • Heh, I really was caught up in Legion. By the time I checked in, things were a bit progressed. Figure it'd be more fun to fake claim than just sit back and lay low. Probably not the best idea.
    Aw poor @Siam, only sneaking in at the end. But wooo, go team town. I expected way more pressure for being vanilla! Haha.
    Daraius said:
  • Yay. Successful applications of violence. Well done town.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Yeah sorry guys - I had to be away for the weekend. :( I missed the fun!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I am impressed so many voted for Falmiis; the best play I saw was to vote for Siam since (knowing nothing else for sure) was the highest chance of being a wolf (and he was).  Daraius' insistence on voting for Falmiis makes sense for him, being the Seer, but it is a gamble for everyone else.  The fact that he argued against voting for Siam in favour of a "higher gamble" target actually had me thinking he was the wolf.

I still would have voted for Siam though (as I said, best play).  Even thinking Daraius is a wolf from questionable game decisions is a higher gamble than "both sides, one of which is wolves, agree that this guy is probably a wolf". :P
    I wanted to vote Siam but doubted anyone else would have done so! I even grumped to Luce about it, hahaha.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think Falmiis's "I'm an insomniac but I don't know what role I ended up with." play sort of pushed town toward suspicion, to be honest. Felt like he was trying to bank on the large amount of fluff I inserted into the role messages (Which I'll post when I get home if no one else does.) but didn't know/account for the fact that I was pretty quick to clear up any confusion if asked.
    Even if I didn't have my insider info, I think I'd find the guy who said "I'm the Insomniac but I didn't perform the one night power of my role" (and then didn't defend or clarify it at all) a safer bet than the silent player who was interchangeable with Sylandra.
    I used to make cakes.

It kills me that I had to believe Melali, Sylandra, Tremula, and Lehki were all being perfectly forthcoming about their roles. It felt unnatural.   :|
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Oh, for those interested, this game roles were assigned as follows:

I rolled a d8 to determine who the Doppelganger was, sent that role out with a tiny bit of fluff, then plugged the 10 remaining roles into random.org's list generator and assigned the results to the remaining players. I sent those roles out with a lot of fluff (sorry, Melali, yours was actually the first I wrote and I didn't realize how light it was until it was already out) . Once Tremula selected which role she duplicated, I looped back and fluffed that up too. When Siam didn't give a target in time, I actually rolled randomly and gave him the role of one of the non-wolves (interestingly, it was also Melali.)
    edited September 2016
    Daraius said:
    Even if I didn't have my insider info, I think I'd find the guy who said "I'm the Insomniac but I didn't perform the one night power of my role" (and then didn't defend or clarify it at all) a safer bet than the silent player who was interchangeable with Sylandra.
    Well I knew I was starting the night villager, while you could easily be a Mystic Wolf panicking that I'd possibly start a Siam train on your buddy! So depends on who you were this game.
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I thought Siam was the most logical choice, but knew that if I voted for him I'd split the vote (which would have killed both Falmiis and Daraius), so I looked at the trend that was seeming to form and ended up slitting a werewolf's throat. No hard feelings, Emperor-man.
    Daraius said:
    It kills me that I had to believe Melali, Sylandra, Tremula, and Lehki were all being perfectly forthcoming about their roles. It felt unnatural.   :|
    SAME
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Sylandra quickly jumping on my comment that Siam might be a better target did have me a little worried that she actually was bluffing about villager and was the real 3rd wolf. Still, mainly just didn't want to split the vote.
  • I missed it :\
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...