Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• I am jonesing real bad. Mafia withdrawals.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    ((A side note, I am considering opening up my mafia early if @Ieptix is gone for another three days. If he comes back then mine will slow down, and we can try to have two games at once [only because he is so busy and I don't want him to feel responsible for letting people down because IRL happened], but I can see you lot foaming at the mouth for betrayal and sleuth.))
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tremula said:
    ((A side note, I am considering opening up my mafia early if @Ieptix is gone for another three days. If he comes back then mine will slow down, and we can try to have two games at once [only because he is so busy and I don't want him to feel responsible for letting people down because IRL happened], but I can see you lot foaming at the mouth for betrayal and sleuth.))
    (I'd rather not have two games running on the forums at once. Keeping up with both would get mighty confusing, and I'm not even playing in this one.)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    In all seriousness I'm sure Ieptix will get on it soon. We just want him to know how much we love his game. :x
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Like I said, considering. Since overwhelming consensus is wait, it's no skin off my back to do so. :D

• Sorry for the delay, the last week has been silly. I've got everything ready to go now though and just need to get Ellowyn's replacement ready for the night.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.

• And now, traffic.

A car enters Night Vale driving westbound on Route 800, with a young child in the driver's seat. The car lurches and swerves across the road as the driver struggles with the vechicle's control mechanisms. The youth's arms and legs are too short, their motor skills not yet honed, and their understanding of the rules of the road are non-existent. Yet, the child looks about with awe as the landscape soars by, immersing themself in the unbounded wonder of life's future.

A car enters Night Vale driving westbound on Route 800, with an adolescent in the driver's seat. The car is handled competently, but the driver is still learning the rules of the road and so commits a number of social driving transgressions. Turn signals are forgotten when switching lanes, gates are tailed, playing Katy Perry at max volume with the windows rolled down. That kind of stuff. The adolescent driver looks ahead with anticipation and just a hair of trepidation, wondering at what comes next.

A car enters Night Vale driving westbound on Route 800, with a young adult in the driver's seat. The car zooms through traffic with a kind of grace, but too little regard for the safety of the travelers around it. The arrogance of youth leaves the driver ignorant of the needs of others on the road, but the driver has a grasp on basic driving etiquette, even if some of it is willfully ignored in the pursuit of excitement. The young adult careens headlong into future, ready to tackle the world and unmindful of any consequences.

A car enters Night Vale driving westbound on route 800, with a middle-aged adult in the driver's seat. The car putters along with traffic, keeping speed with the surrounding vehicles rather than weaving about them in a misguided attempt to speed on to its destination. The driver has settled into routine and mundanity, and so remains content being just one of many on the road. For the driver, the future no longer holds promise of growth and excitement, but has shifted balance to mark the coming decline of life.

A car enters Night Vale driving westbound on route 800, with an elderly person in the driver's seat. The car lurches and swerves across the road and the driver struggles with the vehicle's control mechanisms. The elderly driver's arms and legs have grown weak, their motor skills fading with the decay of an aging body, and the memory of the rules of the road and other drivers fades with the dimming of the mind. The driver looks back to the past, longing for lost youth and attempting to turn away from the drawing inevitable darkness.

A car enters Night Vale driving eastbound on the westbound lanes of Route 800, with a ghost in the driver's seat. The spectral car careens through traffic with reckless abandon, driving headlong into other vehicles and passing through them without any harm but the new stress-induced aneurysm in the other drivers. The ghost speeds down the highway, yelling "I! D! G! A! F! I AM A GHOST! I WILL DO WHATEVER I WANT! JOOOOOOYRIIIIIIIIIIDE!" The future is eternity, and while incomprehensible boredom will likely set in before long, for now, the ectoplasmic driver will have all the fun it wants.

This has been traffic.

Back to our coverage of the first and last annual Night Vale Festival of Masquerades and Lies.

Following the demise of our dear Tamika Flynn, and some butterfly person who we know nothing about, the city convened to attempt to put an end to the festival. Accusations, deflections, misdirections, defenses, and more all flew from mouths to ears in a frenzy of sounds interpreted by the mind to somehow convey information from person to person. In the end, one decision was reached: the person known as Cyndarin would be dealt with.

The city took Cyndarin by the arms and dragged her forcefully to a trebuchet erected not far from the edge of the Whispering Forest. A voice floated out from the trees, offering the gathered townspeople compliments on their looks, their taste in forbidden knowledge, and other such things, trying to entice the people to enter the majestic forest. After being loaded into the medieval siege weapon, Cyndarin was flung parabolically into the woods. As she flew through the air, she let out a loud shout. "TREES! TREEEEEEES! THEY ARE US!!" she screamed as she arced through the air. After landing, she quickly began turning into a tree herself. As the transformation proceeded, the glamour about her form vanished, revealing some sort of crystalline being. The metamorphosis completed soon thereafter, leaving one sparkling, crystal tree in the midst of countless mundane trees. It sang a lilting, tinkling tune in the wind.

Night Vale, we seem to have uncovered another of the transplanted beings that were definitely not brought into our fair burg by the City Council. What now comes next?

More on this story when the stars and planets align in a properly portentous array.
  • Cyndarin was a member of the Board of Directors of Hallifax.

What is even going on? Why are you in the desert, of all the awful places in the world? Why is time so weird here? What even is time? You don't know the answer to any of these questions, but you are a leader of the Sentinel Company and you'll not settle for this gross abuse of space and time. You've declared Night Vale to be a Code Black, though since you've been completely inable to communicate with Hallifax and the rest of the Sentinels, it looks like you'll have to take matters into your own hands.

Each night, you may activate the following power, so long as you are not performing the mafia's kill:

Aeon: You may target another player, delaying any actions they're taking by one night.

You win with the mafia.
  • It is now Night 4.

All participants have 48 hours to submit their night actions.
  • Tremula has taken Ellowyn's place in the game.
  • Listeners, there seems -- KSSSSHHHHHH -- rence interr -- *the sound of trees mating* -- ignal. We've also re -- KSHHHHHH -- o more bodies foun -- *elephant trumpeting* --  ails yet. We'll have more wh -- KSSSHHHKSHHHSKKSHSH --  ix the technic -- *ASMR whispering right behind you* -- For now, I take you all to the weather!

• I knew tossing Celina into those trees was a mistake...
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Is that night over, or a 'Have some weather to keep ye ticking over...'  :-/
  • I'm assuming the latter :D Usually, day over is accompanied with a big fat "It is now day X, and you need a mob of Y to lynch someone".
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Unless what happened was... Is someone dead and we just don't know? Is the announcement jammed for the day phase? If so, it's possible we would have to guess who was alive by who posts. I mean, the 48 hours -are- up.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hmmmmm! I think it's just Ieptix letting us know he hasn't disappeared again, but the outcome will be delayed a little. I didn't get a PM about the results of my night action yet, so...
  • Ieptix said:
    ...o more bodies foun...

This has to be 'two more bodies found', right? :( #imsodead
  • Cen said:
    Ieptix said:
    ...o more bodies foun...

This has to be 'two more bodies found', right? :( #imsodead
    Could be "no more bodies found"
  • Shh. We're all still asleep; no speculations!
  • edited July 2016
    The morning sun shines loudly over Night Vale, listeners! The first and last annual Night Vale Festival of Masquerades and Lies has come to a close. The transformations that enshrouded each citizen have vanished. We are, once again, at peace. We are, now, also in mourning.

As dawn shattered the sky's quiet contemplation, the results of last night's plotting became clear. Two more bodies were found, both of them interlopers from this strange other world. Further, the City Council rather fortuitously returned from their pre-planned ski vacation just minutes after the news began spreading through the town. Their first act upon their return: tracking down and finding the last of the Lust Hernian transplants, the final hostile and antagonistic member of their group having finally been put down.

Free of worry of retaliation or interruption, the City Council was able to reverse the non-existent bloodstone chant that brought these unintentional invaders into our town. Unbeknownst to us here at the station, the bending of the very concepts of time and space during this ritual weas responsible for the interference to our broadcast before the weather. With Night Vale finally free of the foreign presence, the Festival came to an end and the glamour over our dear citizens faded into memory.

So, here we are. Victorious. But it feels a hollow victory, having lost such important friends in the process. Tamika Flynn, whose militia of literate children has protected us from so many horrors, and who read at such an amazing level for someone of her age. Dana Cardinal, one of my closest friends and our compassionate, earnest mayor. Carlos, dearest Carlos...

What can we hope to do in the face of such loss? Necromancy is banned in Night Vale after the polar bear incident a few years ago, and as we all learn during the pursuit of our Death Magics scouting badge, reanimated corpses are never the same people they were in life anyway. So those who are gone are, well, gone. Where once they were part of our presents and our futures, they are now only parts of our past.

But are they truly beyond our reach? Do they not live on in our memories, in their impact on those of us who remain, in the love we forever hold for them? Even from beyond the veil of death, they drive us with the determination they held in life, inspiring us ever onward. To slip into darkness in the wake of their loss would be to throw away everything they've given to us, to deliver the killing blow to their spirits.

We will grieve. We will rail against the unfairness of a cold, indifferent universe. It will hurt, more deeply than anything should ever be able to hurt. But we will remember. We will use their memory to climb from the pits of despair, where all citizens are of course deposited after the death of a loved one, and we will do everything we can to make this world a world worthy of having been blessed by their brief, vibrant existence.

I go home now, Night Vale, to an empty house and an empty bed. Perhaps I will spend the night in tears as the truth of the past few days finally sinks in. Or perhaps I will dream, and I will see Carlos once more; with our memories, the dead are never as far as they seem.

Stay tuned next for the ramblings of Objectivist philosophers who are being overrun by herds of feral hedgehogs.

Good night, Night Vale. Good night!
  • edited July 2016
    Welcome to Night Vale is a production of Night Vale Presents. This special episode was written and produced by Ieptix.

The voice of Night Vale was Ieptix. 

The voice of Carlos was Ileein.
    The voice of the Apache Tracker was Cen.
    The voice of the Faceless Old Woman was Ushaara.
    The voice of the Sheriff was Ssaliss.
    The voice of Erika was Synkarin.
    The voice of Dana was Lavinya.
    The voice of Tamika was Melali.
    The voice of Hiram was Silvanus.
    The voice of the Glow Cloud was Sylandra.
    The voice of Leann Hart was Rolsand.
    The voice of Magnagora's Iron Council was Krackenor.
    The voice of Serenwilde's Moonhart Council was Falmiis.
    The voices of Hallifax's Board of Directors were Kiradawea and Cyndarin.
    The voices of Celest's Star Council were Ellowyn and Tremula.
    The voices of Gaudiguch's Freedom Council were Hoaracle and Cyna.
    The voice of Glomdoring's Shadow Council was Ayisdra.

This episode's weather was He would be riding on the subway or writing formulas on the blackboard or having a meal or (as now) sitting and talking to someone across a table, and it would envelop him like a soundless tsunami. by Cloudkicker. Find out more at cloudkickermusic.com.

Check out welcometonightvale.com more information on this show.

Today's proverb: Fortune favors the bold. Strength favors the italics. Fear favors the underline. Meteors favor the strikethrough.
  • The town has successfully defeated the hostile Lusternians!
  • edited July 2016
    Roles:

You are Carlos.

You are a scientist with perfect hair, perfect teeth, and a perfect voice. You first came to Night Vale several years ago, seeking to study this most scientifically interesting community in the U.S. In your time here, you and Cecil have fallen in love and developed a strong, lasting relationship together. And remember: a scientist is always fine.

Each night you may activate one of the two following powers:

Investigator: You can investigate one other person, revealing their true identity.
    Note to Cecil: You may send Cecil a tweet-sized (up to 140 characters) text for him to read during his broadcast at the start of the next day. If you are tracked when using this power, your target will be revealed as Cecil.

You win with the town.

--------------------------

You are the Apache Tracker.

You're that white guy who dresses up in that stereotypical racist Native American headdress and claims to know ancient indian magics. Who even does something like that? You, apparently, you insufferable asshole. Still, you seem to have some skill in tracking, and know things you probably shouldn't, so I guess we can keep you around. For now. Ugh, you're just unbearable.

Each night you may activate the following power:

Tracker: You may track another player, revealing the target(s) for any of their night action(s).

You win with the town.

------------------------

You are the faceless old woman.

Everyone knows about the faceless old woman who secretly lives in their home, though none have seen you. It's not understood how you manage to speak and read without a face, but you manage anyway. You do lots of things, sometimes for your own amusement, sometimes out of concern, sometimes to simply sate your curiosity. Your actions are generally well-meaning, though you are also slightly malicious. You wonder if Cecil has found the emaciated bobcat you replaced his oven with. The oven was dirty. What else were you supposed to do with it? No matter. Your ability to sneak about unseen is unmatched, and might come in useful.

Watcher: You may watch another player, revealing any other person targeting them that night.

You win with the town.

----------------------------

You are the sheriff of Night Vale. Probably.

No one knows your true identity, though everyone knows who you are. You are quite probably the man wearing a balaclava, mitre, cloak, and giant silver star who speaks through a vocoder. You are possibly the leader of Sheriff's Secret Police. There's a good chance you have a hover office in the clouds. Regardless, it is your job to maintain order in the town of Night Vale, ensuring that all laws are followed when convenient.

Each night you may activate one of the following powers:

Jailer: You may target another player, and your Secret Police will detail them for the night, leaving them unable to act or be acted upon.
    Retreat: You may retreat to your hover office in the clouds, granting immunity from all night actions.

You win with the town.

You are Erika.

Like all the other tall, winged, radiant creatures named Erika (with a K!), you are most definitely not an angel. Angels do not exist. It is a crime to acknowledge the existence of angels, or to know anything of the hierarchy of the angels. Luckily, you aren't an angel. We'd have to inform the City Council otherwise, wouldn't we?

Protector: You may target another player, and your non-heavenly powers will protect them from up to one death that night.

You win with the town.

You are Dana Carinal.

Dana Cardinal: former Night Vale Community Radio intern, now mayor of our fair town, always close friend to Cecil. You are one of the most compassionate and good-hearted citizens of Night Vale, which sometimes puts you at odds with the City Council and others, but you still hold considerable sway over the city. Of course, as mayor, you know secets. Dark, dark secrets. But we will not talk about those, because we are good, loyal, frightened community members. What's that taste in your mouth, you ask? Oh, that's nothing. You just like chewing on dirt when you're nervous.

Each day you may activate the following power, up to twice during the game:

Governor (even if you're just the mayor): Protect another target from a lynch. To activate this power, post "I declare <player> to be under my protection." in bold. This post must come before the final vote on a target is cast for it to take effect.

You win with the town.

-----------------------------

You are Tamika Flynn.

As a survivor of the much-feared Summer Reading Program, slayer of a librarian, and leader of a militia of literate youth, you are a force to fear for any who would stand against Night Vale. Despite being only a young teenager, you are fierce, tenacious, and in possession of a reading level far beyond your years. Well done, Tamika. You've taken our city under your protection with a copy of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet in one hand, from which you've been learned many impressive parkour techniques, and a loaded slingshot in the other.

Vigilante: You may target another player, killing them.

You win with the town.

------------------------------

You are Hiram McDaniels.

You are eighteen-foot tall literal five-headed dragon, weighing in around 3600 pounds. That's pretty cool. Kind of terrifying, too. You are not originally from Night Vale, but have settled in well. I mean, disregarding the likely murder of poor old Frank Chen several years ago and your attempt to murder our mayor following your own failed campaign. Still, you're here now, and the sheriff's secret police are too afraid to actually try apprehending you, so you're in pretty good shape. Each of your five heads, of course, has its own personality, often leading to some bickering between them. However, they are most always aligned in purpose, despite their differences.

Each night, you may activate one of the following one-use powers:

Vigilante: You may target another player, killing them.
    Roleblocker: You may target another player, preventing them from acting that night.
    Investigator: You may target another player, determining their alignment.
    Protector: You may target another player, protecting them from up to one death that night.
    DoubleVote: Your vote will count as two votes during the following day; all players will see when this is activated.

You win with the town.

-----------------------------

You are the Glow Cloud.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD! ALL SHALL KNEEL IN TERROR BENEATH YOUR MALEVOLENT WILL! WE MUST GIVE PRAISE! WE MUST GIVE PRAISE!!! I... er, what was I saying? I'm having trouble remembering the last thirty minutes or so. In any case, you are the mightly Glow Cloud, a massive glowing cloud who first came to our town years ago. You rained dead animals upon us and erased every record and memory of your brief existence in our town. Later, you returned to us, having decided that Night Vale would be an ideal place to raise your offspring, and then took control of the Night Vale school board. All hail!

You are lynchproof. If you are voted to be lynched, the day will end.

Each day, you may activate the following one-use power:

CorpseRain: You will rain dead animals upon the land, sending everyone fleeing for their lives, and thus ending the day without a lynch. To activate this power, post "COWER AND FLEE IN TERROR, SLAVES OF THE CLOUD" in bold. This post must come before the final vote on a target is cast for it to take effect.

Each night, you may activate the following two-use power:

Redirect: You may target another player, wiping their memory of their target and causing them to instead target someone of your choosing. In the case that the person you are targeting has multiple targets for their action, your redirection will affect the first target speficied by the player.

You win with the town.

------------------------------

You are Leann Hart.

As an editor for the Night Vale Daily Journal, your livelihood is inextricably bound to the success of professional print media. Alas, this burgeoning digital age, with its innumerable online news blogs and amateur reporters, has had a great negative impact on the Journal's market share. Even the Journal's compulsory Imagination Edition has failed to lead to a fiscal recovery, and the Journal's attempts to dissuade news bloggers by attacking them with hatchets has likewise been unsuccessful. Now, driven to the bring, you've come to the decision that the mere creation of digital news media is not the true issue, but rather those who consume it. In this day and age, there is not a person in Night Vale who does not seek news blogs in order to keep up on current events, and so you've decided that anyone and everyone must feel the wrath of your hatchets.

Each night, you may activate the following power:

SerialKiller: You may target another player, killing them.

You win when all other players have been eliminated, or there is nothing that can stop this from happening.

-------------------------------

You are a member of the Iron Council of Magnagora.

After finding yourself somehow dragged into this strange desert burb, you were understandably confused, and quite angry, vowing to bring all to heel beneath the might of the Demon Lords as one of their Nihilist priests. Alas, Nil does not seem to exist in this world, though from what you've heard of the City Council, they might well be related. In the very brief time you've been in Night Vale, you've come to rather appreciate many aspects of this time and place, and your feelings of rage and vengeance have softened some. The technology here could be immensely useful if you could find some way to return to Lusternia with it, and the bloodstone circles and chanting rituals central to so much of Night Vale are comforting reminders of home. You'll do what you can to protect the town, at least until you figure out a way home.

Each night, you may activate the following one-use power:

Lichseed: You may gift someone a lich seed, which will resurrect them after they die. This power will have no effect, and its use will not be consumed, if your target is attacked on the same night as you activate it.

Each day, you may activate the following one-use power:

Sacrifice You may target another player, and if that player has more than half the necessary votes for a lynch, you will kill them instantly, ending the day.

You win with the town.

You are a member of the Moonhart Circle of Serenwilde.

Being dragged from the comforting closeness of Serenwilde Forest and being deposited in this odd desert land was certainly a disconcerting way to begin your morning. It's hot and dry and ugh, all those people with their strange technology. Before long, though, you've come to appreciate the many natural features of Night Vale: the sand wastes, the Whispering Forest, those mountains in the distance that everyone seems to insist simply do not exist, and even the forbidden Municipal Dog Park, probably. There are even ghosts here! As an ancestralist of the Spiritsingers, that's certainly an item of interest. And, frankly, you haven't even had breakfast yet, so it's probably easier to just blend in with the townspeople for now, and worry about getting home later.

Each night, you may activate the following power:

Roleblock: You may target another player, freezing them using the power of your ancestral spirits, blocking them from using any powers that night.

You win with the town.

You are a member of the Board of Directors of Hallifax.

What is even going on? Why are you in the desert, of all the awful places in the world? Why is time so weird here? What even is time? You don't know the answer to any of these questions, but you are a leader of the Sentinel Company and you'll not settle for this gross abuse of space and time. You've declared Night Vale to be a Code Black, though since you've been completely inable to communicate with Hallifax and the rest of the Sentinels, it looks like you'll have to take matters into your own hands.

Each night, you may activate the following power, so long as you are not performing the mafia's kill:

Aeon: You may target another player, delaying any actions they're taking by one night.

You win with the mafia.

You are a member of the Star Council of New Celest.

Upon your unexpected arrival in Night Vale, you decided to make a beeline for the Night Vale Harbor and Waterfront Recreation Area. Upon arriving, however, you realized that you were in a desert, and such a thing could never have existed. No businessmen would ever waste millions of dollars on waterfront development in such a place. All you've found is a sign saying  "NOTHING IS HERE. NOTHING WAS EVER HERE." That seems legitimate, but as an Aquamancer, you really wanted some water to splash about in. Now you're upset, and it's hot, and you just want to go home. And what are those bloodstone circles? Those can't possibly be compatible with the Light. Fine, fine, let's just kill them all so you can maybe go home, or at least find an inflatable swimming pool or something.

Each night, you may activate the following powers, so long as you are not performing the mafia's kill:

Janitor: You may target another player, causing them to freeze and shatter when they are killed, preventing the reveal of their role. You may only use this power once in the game, and once activated it will remain active on that person until their death.

BusDriver: You may target two other players, and use illusions to make them appear as one another. Anyone targeting one person that night will instead target the other instead.

You win with the mafia.

----------------------------------------

You are a member of the Freedom Council of Gaudiguch.

You're in some town in the middle of the desert. The government works to mask all manner of horrifying secrets. There was a pyramid once, though conventional wisdom says the philosophical edifice was naught but a publicity stunt for Flaky-O's nighttime-only cereals. There's a dragon living in Night Vale. There's even a chapter of the Illuminati in the city! ... Wait, no, that can't be right. These cannot possibly be the real Illuminati. Not even the Hungry Man Brand Frozen Foods Officially Sponsored Illuminati faction seem to be imposters! Man, this place is just, like, a total rip-off of Gaudiguch, but like, way way worse at just everything. You were so hopeful, too. Oh well, if you play this right you can probably convince all the citizens that they're just playing a game as you do your best to eliminate them all.

You may activate the following power once at night, so long as you are not performing the mafia's kill:

Fleshwork: You may target a player investigate them. Using the information gained from them, you'll be able to work your flesh such that you appear as a duplicate of your target to any investigations. Additionally, you will learn the role (but not powers) of the person you are masquerading as.

You win with the mafia.

---------------------------------------

You are a member of the Shadow Court of Glomdoring.

On the one hand, there are plenty of spiders and scorpions around here. That's nice. Arachnids are so wonderful, with thei little venom sacs and stingers and skittery legs. Look at that family of tarantulas marching off like they're on a mission. Adorable. On the other hand, something is definitely wrong with this place. Something is missing? What is it? Why is everything the wrong colour? Oh. Oh! The Wyrd! There is no Wyrd here. Well, that's just unacceptable. You should get out of here, get back to Glomdoring, call on the Blacktalon to fix this mess right now. Er, except you don't know how to get back. That's a problem. Well, you've got a pair of nekai and a blowgun, you can probably drag the solution out of someone.

Each night, you may activate one of the following one-shot powers, so long as you are performing the mafia's kill:

Veil: Your attack will be undetectable by any other players.

Blowgun: Your attack will not kill this night. Instead, you'll deliver a blow with a poisoned dart which will kill your target on the next night. While you may be detected when you first activate this ability, on the second night the target will die without any ties to you and the death will be unpreventable by any other powers.

Note that using either power will still consume the use if the target is protected from your attack, but not if you are unable to make an attempt on the life of your target.

You win with the mafia.
  • edited July 2016
    Game play-by-play:

Day 1:

Vote Count:

Nobody (4): Rolsand, Falmiis, Ileein, Ellowyn

Day ended by Sylandra.

Night 1:

Sylandra - No action (blocked, protected)
    Silvanus - No action
    Synkarin - Protect Sylandra (bussed w/ Cen, killed)
    Ssaliss - Retreat
    Lavinya - N/A
    Ellowyn - Bus Cen and Synkarin
    Krackenor - No action
    Rolsand - Kill Ileein
    Falmiis - Roleblock Sylandra (aeoned)
    Cyna - Fleshwork Lavinya
    Cen - Track Falmiis (bussed w/ Synkarin)
    Ushaara - Watch Ssaliss
    Kiradawea - Aeon Falmiis
    Melali - No action
    Ileein - Investigate Falmiis (killed)
    Ayisdra - Mafia kill Cen (bussed to Synkarin)

Synkarin:

Wreathing yourself in a radiant blackness, you travel to Sylandra and, while remaining out of sight, prepare to defend her from any threats. However, during your vigil, you are suddenly struck from behind by an unknown assailant. Before you can react, your assailant drives you to the ground and sinks a three-bladed claw into your throat before numbness, and then darkness, overcome you.

Ssaliss:

You retreat to your hover office in the clouds and spend the night watching surveillance feeds from all across Night Vale.

Ellowyn:

As everyone leaves the gathering at City Hall, you decide to memorize the physical features of Cen and Synkarin. Later that night, you hunt the two of them down and weave a highly intricate illusion about each in the shape of the other, leaving them looking like exact replicas of the other.

Rolsand:

Walking down the street and cradling one of your precious hatchets, you happen upon Ileein stepping out from a building. With nothing better to do, you begin stalking him. Before long, his phone beeps and he pulls it from his pocket. You realize that this ingrateful nobody almost certainly follows news blogs, and you'll have none of this. "PRINT MEDIA OR DIE!" you scream, flinging a hatchet at him with all the strength you can muster. He turns around at your shout with perfect timing for the hatchet to catch him square in the chest, and he slumps to the ground. You flee the scene, hoping you were not seen.

Falmiis:

You move sluggishly into action.

Cyna:

As the gathering around City Hall disperses, you catch sight of Lavinya and begin stalking her. Using your skills as a Transmologist, you are able to determine that trapped inside the guise of Lavinya is Mayor Dana Cardinal. Calling on your fleshworking abilities, you restructure yourself to appear as Dana yourself, should anyone somehow see through the facade you've been forced to wear.

Cen:

As you depart the gathering at City Hall, you decide to begin tracking Falmiis. You follow him all night and see him perform no actions of note. Why are you even following him? Isn't being a racist characature good enough for you? You're such an awful person.

Ushaara:

The gathering at City Hall dissipates, and you decide to spend the evening watching Ssaliss while hanging from the ceiling of his home. He'd see you if he'd just look up, but you know he won't. However, when you go searching for him, he is nowhere to be found, which is curious and frustrating to you. To vent your annoyance, you replace all the toilet paper in his house with cobwebs.

Kiradawea:

Hoping to not draw undue attention, you depart City Hall with the rest of the city following the Glow Cloud's tantrum. You find yourself walking near Falmiis, and decide to follow him home. He arrives home, and immediately sets out to leave once more, but you distort time around him and he begins moving much slower than normal.

Ileein:

After the press conference at City Hall, you head to your lab to work on some very important scientific work. After all, science is the solution to all problems! Pondering the town's current predicament, you begin furiously scribbling mathematical symbols on a blackboard. When that avails you nothing, you turn on every bunsen burner in the building and place flasks and beakers with all sorts of liquids over them before walking to your computer. Once there, you open a physics simulator and type in the name "Falmiis". The computer beeps and whirs a bit, before giving an answer. Falmiis is one of the otherworldy people that was obviously not mistakenly summoned by the City Council. The monitor reads "a member of the Moonhart Circle of Serenwilde". You're not sure what this means yet, but it's progress!

You're excited! You've figured out how to figure out the real identities of people in the town! You pack up the lab for the night and set out for home. As you walk out the door, your phone beeps, and you pull it from your pocket. It's a text from Cecil! Before you have a chance to read it, though, a loud shrieking voice calls out, "PRINT MEDIA OR DIE!" You look to face the source of the scream, but as you turn a hatchet hurtling through the air catches you square in the chest, and you sink to the ground as blackness floods your vision. A scientist, it seems, may not always be fine.

Ayisdra:

After taking a bit of time to refresh yourself after the press conference at City Hall, you take up your nekai and set out in search of Cen. You find him standing just out of sight near a street corner. Sneaking up from behind, you charge him, knocking him to the floor. He turns over as he falls, and hits the ground facing you. With a scorpion's quickness, you bring your weapon down across his neck, spilling his life's blood on the pavement.

Day 2:

Vote Count:

Ellowyn (1): Ushaara
    Lavina (6): Sylandra, Falmiis, Rolsand, Cen, Lavinya, Krackenor
    Nobody (1): Cyna

Lavinya executed by Krackenor.

Night 2:

Sylandra - Redirect Silvanus to Melali (blocked)
    Silvanus - Investigate Kiradawea (aeoned)
    Ssaliss - Retreat
    Ellowyn - Bus Kiradawea and Rolsand
    Krackenor - Lichseed Ushaara
    Rolsand - No action (bussed w/ Kiradawea)
    Falmiis - Roleblock Sylandra (aeon carryover)
    Cyna - No action
    Cen - Track Silvanus
    Ushaara - Watch Falmiis
    Kiradawea - Aeon Silvanus (bussed w/ Rolsand)
    Melali - Kill Ayisdra
    Ayisdra - Delay kill Ushaara

Sylandra:

Following the death of mayor Cardinal, the gathered crowd disperses. You make to follow Silvanus, but as soon as you're isolated, five pale spirits appear around you and chill you with the weight of their past. You find yourself frozen in place, unable to act.

Silvanus:

Ssaliss:

You retreat to your hover office in the clouds and spend the night making up new crimes for which to arrest people.

Ellowyn:

As the crowd gathered for mayor Cardinal's demise dissipates, you meet surreptitiously with your current ally, Kiradawea. You scheme in the night, and settle on a decision. You weave an illusion about her, making her appear as Rolsand, and then set out to find Rolsand in the city. Upon finding him, you cast a similar illusion around him, making him appear as Kiradawea to any who might be looking.

Krackenor:

You quickly flee the scene of mayor Cardinal's sacrifice, hoping to avoid being strung up yourself. Later in the night, you set out in search of Ushaara. Once you've located him, you shroud yourself in shadow to hide your identity and approach him. Dark shadows flicker across your vision as you place your hands upon Ushaara's chest, delving deep into your tainted being with your subconscious. A dark, consuming power lies within, which you begin to pull and expand. You vanish into the night before he has a chance to question you or call out.

Falmiis:

Your awareness suddenly jumps forward in time, and you find yourself covertly following Sylandra as the town leaves Mission Grove Park following the death of mayor Cardinal. Once you and her are isolated, you spring into action. You summon five ancestral spirits to haunt her, and at your behest they all encase Sylandra in the chill of winter.

Cen:

The moral degenerate that you are, you tail Silvanus as the citizens of Night Vale disperse following mayor Cardinal's demise. You track him all through the night like some ridiculous stalker, but you see him make no actions of note. Stop being such a creep.

Ushaara:

Following mayor Cardinal's death, you decide to follow Falmiis and watch him throughout the night. He wanders about Night Vale some, but you see no one approach him through the evening. Content that he will be left alone, you sneakily etch a verse of the self-help sci-fi novel The Odyssey into the sole of his shoe before wandering off.

As you decide whose home you're going to secretly and facelessly live in for the rest of the night, an unknown figure wrapped in shadows approaches you and places his hands upon your chest. A distant, staring look consumes his eyes as you feel some dark power racing along your skin where his hands rest. He vanishes into the night before you can identify him, or even call out.

Baffled and confused, you continue your search for your place of residence for the night. As you're crossing a street, you feel a sharp sting in the back of your neck. You reach back and find a small blow dart embedded in your skin, which you pull out and cast aside. Now you're annoyed, and you resolve to glue all of someone's furniture to their walls. You begin to feel flushed.

Kiradawea:

After a brief meeting with Ellowyn following the death of mayor Cardinal, you set out through Night Vale in search of Silvanus. You find him easily and, staying out of sight, warp time around him. His movements slow to a crawl, and you depart with a look of satisfaction.

Melali:

You are filled with anger at the death of mayor Cardinal, and set out seeking vigilante justice. You decide to follow Ayisdra, a slingshot in one hand and a book in another. Ayisdra climbs to the roof of a building, and you do the same, sneaking up on him in silence. Once you are directly behind him, you bring the book down on his head. The tome, a massive hardcover edition of J.R.R. Tolkien's young adult romance novel The Silmarillion, crashing down upon his head. You leave the book as a warning to any others who might think to assault Night Vale, and disappear into the city.

Ayisdra:

You covertly stalk Ushaara following the death of mayor Cardinal, following him through the city. Waiting for the right moment late in the night, you climb atop a building with your blowdart and watch him crossing a street. As soon as he reaches the perfect spot, you shoot at him a dart covered in a deadly poison. Your aim is true, and the dart embeds itself him his neck.

As you watch Ushaara remove the dart from his neck, you begin to make ready to depart the rooftop. Before you can turn around to make your escape, however, you're struck in the back of the head by something flat and heavy, and the world fades into darkness. Before you slip away completely, you see a book fall to the ground beside you, though you're unable to make out its title as the world blackens into nothingness.

Day 3:

Vote Count:

Krackenor (1): Cyna
    Rolsand (7): Falmiis, Rolsand, Ellowyn, Cen, Silvanus, Melali, Krackenor

Rolsand lynched.

Night 3:

Sylandra - Redirect Falmiis to Cyndarin (aeoned)
    Silvanus - Investigate Cyndarin (aeon carryover)
    Ssaliss - Retreat
    Ellowyn - Janitor Ssaliss (failed due to retreat)
    Krackenor - No action
    Falmiis - Block Cen
    Cyna - Kill Melali
    Cen - Track Falmiis (blocked)
    Ushaara - Watch Silvanus (delayed death) (lichseed res)
    Cyndarian - Aeon Sylandra
    Melali - Kill Cyna

Sylandra:

Silvanus:

Time jumps forward and you find yourself trailing Cyndarin. You follow her about for a bit, trying to learn more about her. After observing her through the night, and using the enhanced senses from your five heads, you determine that Cyndarin is working against Night Vale.

Ssaliss:

You retreat to your hover office in the clouds and spend the night making silly robot noises with your vocoder.

Ellowyn:

After Leann Hart is claimed by the dog park, you set out in search of Ssaliss, hoping to encase him in a freezing spell. However, after hours of searching, you're unable to find him and give up the hunt.

Falmiis:

Unsettled, you leave the dog park and track down Cen. You follow him about town for a while, before deciding that he's somehow offensive enough that you want to prevent him from doing anything more this night. You summon up a group of ancestral spirits and send them to plague Cen with winter's chill.

Cyna:

You set out from the dog park in search of Melali. Before long, you find him in the street, a slingshot in his hand. As you approach, you lock eyes with him, and he begins to draw back on his slingshot, aiming at you. Drawing upon your Paradigmatic powers, you summon a swarm of chaotic butterflies and direct them towards Melali. The colourful maelstrom descends on his form as he releases the pull on his weapon and a smooth river rock streaks through the air and hits you between the eyes. You see stars before falling to the ground.

Cen:

After fleeing the dog park, you set out to find and track Falmiis, because you apparently really need to get a life. However, as you creep about in the night, five pale spirits appear around you and chill you with the weight of their past. You find yourself frozen in place, unable to act. Serves you right, you walking embarrassment.

Ushaara:

Feeling notably ill, you decide to follow Silvanus and maintain a vigil over him. No one approaches him in the night, and as you begin coughing up blood, you elect to abandon the watch and find somewhere to facelessly recover from what ails you. As you search out a safe hiding place in the freezer of some anonymous Night Vale resident, the world goes black and you fall to the ground.

You slowly blink open your eyes, and find yourself surrounded by people standing over your body. A chill grips your body, and your breath is cold, but you are something like alive once more.

Cyndarian:

You sneak away from the chaos at the dog park. Considering the threat posted by Sylandra, you seek her out in the night. After finding her, you quietly chant a ritual and time slows to a crawl around her.

Melali:

After the demise of Leann Hart, you decide to bring literate militia justice to Cyna. Marching through the street in search of her, you're surprised when she steps out from between two buildings and confronts you. You lock eyes with her and begin pulling back on the slingshot in your hands. As you aim, a swarm of colourful butterflies materializes around Cyna, which suddenly fly towards you. As the dazzling storm surrounds you, you release your slingshot as the chaotic maelstrom destroys your very mind.

Day 4:

Vote count:

Krackenor (1): Cen
    Cyndarin (5): Silvanus, Ushaara, Ssaliss, Sylandra, Krackenor

Cyndarin lynched.

Night 4:

Sylandra - Redirect Falmiis to Cyndarin (aeoned carryover)
    Silvanus - Kill Tremula
    Ssaliss - Retreat
    Tremula - Kill Falmiis
    Krackenor - No action
    Falmiis - Block Krackenor (redirect to Cyndarin) (target dead)
    Cen - Track Tremula
    Ushaara - Watch Silvanus

Town victory.
  • So many people waiting for the game to come back and it's over. Ieptix is truly evil, I like it.  ^:)^

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Man. You don't know how bad I wanted to tell Trem to bus herself with someone to survive the last night. Or to have Ellowyn to try and buss Ushaara the night he died from my poison to see if you could retarget the rezz.
  • A round of applause for Ieptix, a truly compelling games master. I really enjoyed this game, with all the flavor, the inclusion and exclusion of information, and the novel powers! It is a bit unfortunate that the game's over already, but it was definitely a good one (despite the pause).

If you run another game, you can count on me to voraciously play!