the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Phoebus said:
    I'll just be over here, having literally nothing to contribute. 
    You can always draft the dramatic reveal post for when we eventually decide you need to die? There haven't been enough of those, clearly. 
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'll just be over here, phantasmically pushing books back onto the floor.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I can't. I don't have a dramatic reveal, and I have nothing to hide, because I don't even know anything to hide or reveal. I have zero power to make plays or do anything interesting. It's really taken the wind out of my sails.
  • Oh, incidentally, I'd like to BUY ICE HEAL.

Is there a particular reason not to thaw Melali, aside from "Krackenor thinks they're suspicious?"
  • It's not just me, and it's to keep a potential cultist from voting. That being said... Why is anyone voting for Phoebus? It was a huge, obvious play that blew her cover wide open and left her the obvious target for lynching should Solroc do what he was inevitably going to do. Unless she is super, super sneaky and manipulative, she isn't the recruiter and this not who we should be focusing on.
  • Krackenor froze Melali on suspicion of being linked to Cen. While there was some semi-reasonable logic in narrowing things down there, the link between Melali is pure Vivet fabrication and has no basis. I hope this is indication that Krackenor is scum, because I'm going to need some (more) time screaming into a pillow if he flips town.

I'd say go ahead and unfreeze Melali.
  • You mean like the Vivet who just flipped town? Scream away!
  • Krackenor said:
    You mean like the Vivet who just flipped town? Scream away!
    Exactly this. Vivet flipped town so it is rediculous that we are considering her info to not be true. She would also have some of the better insight into who the chosen is.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    The advantage to lynching Phoebus is that she's almost certainly a cult recruit, so killing her might give us another day. The downside is that someone else gets recruited tonight (probably) and that person can start lying.

Lynching to get the recruiter is riskier, but we have to do it at some point. It's common for mafia cultists to revert back to town when their leader dies, so killing the recruiter might trigger a win for us. Just going off the last day, I think we can narrow it down to a 1/3 chance. Point it out if I'm missing something.

Assuming that a recruitment happened last night:

We rule out Melali because a lot of people saw him jail Cyndarin.
    Rule out Portius because he tried to kill Cyndarin.
    Rule out Cyndarin because he got jailed.
    Rule out Phoebus as the convert (probably).
    Rule out Dylara for providing the coroner report.
    Rule out Ileein for producing a watcher report that matches with everyone else's reports and ditching Gengar instead of falsifying a power that's justify Ileein keeping him and then using Gengar direct me into a bad kill.
    Rule out Thul as a confirmed mayor and because scum probably wouldn't redirect me into their killer. I guess they could do it knowing that he'd block it to reduce suspicion on him, but I'm pretty sure they'd have been able to force a win by making me actually kill someone instead, so probably not.

If I haven't missed anything, that leaves Cen, Krackenor, and Othero as unaccounted for last night, so probably one of them did the recruiting. I guess Thul is also unaccounted for, but I'm a pretty confident that he's town.

So I think we either lynch Phoebus and Sylveon block one of those three in the hope of getting a better shot at figuring this out next turn, or we lynch whichever of those three seems scummiest and hope for the best. We Sylveon block one that we aren't lynching just in case we can get a night phase if we're wrong in the hope of stopping recruitment. Either way, Melali jails me and I don't kill at night because they probably have a redirect and I'm certainly a better recruitment target now that I don't have Haunter's dubious protection.

Which option do we prefer? I think I'd rather aim for the recruiter and hope for the best. I'm starting to turn into a strong agnostic about being able to know anything here, seeing as we don't always have clear mod information from deaths or power activations. So I'm pretty happy to just spin the wheel and see if we can score a win.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Actually, I'm an idiot: If we think that Melali is town and we want to swing at one of those three (and we're confident that the recruiter is definitely in that set) then I block one with Sylveon and Melali jails the other. Assuming everything is as I think it is (and I'm not sure. I need to go back and double check everything) we'd probably be safe from recruiting. As long as we have the numbers to survive a mislynch without an immediate loss, we'd be fine to try again the next day.
  • I'd disagree on the point that Othero and I are unconfirmed since the former is the one who confirmed that you targeted Cyndarin and said that I did the same in the same post.
  • Yeah, not sure how I am unconfirmed.

However, I will vote for Phoebus if we can get an agreement to Sylveon block Cen. I don't trust Melali and think she should jail me or Krack if we are going that way.
  • Though I do think we need to think about who we are lynching tomorrow. I'm not expecting a lot of new info overnight and we can't prove the blocks worked. No one would admit to being converted. 
    Othero said:
    Yeah, not sure how I am unconfirmed.

However, I will vote for Phoebus if we can get an agreement to Sylveon block Cen. I don't trust Melali and think she should jail me or Krack if we are going that way.

You're unconfirmed because I missed that post. My bad.
  • Yeah, that really just leaves us with Cen as unconfirmed.
  • Am I seriously about to get lynched because I tried to help out the only person I still believe is town? :(

I'm 100% cool with getting jailed or blocked. My power feels really useless at this late stage of the game anyhow. I would suggest that I also get watched, as mafia are no doubt rubbing their hands with glee at this turn of events and may have something planned for me this night phase.

I know Vivet flipped town, but please give Melali a chance to prove himself. I'm really really certain he's town and 2 mislynches is worse than 1. Jailor is way more valuable than me.
  • Ssaliss said:
    That's odd. I also dreamt of maritime corpses (also both Alec and Sylandra being impaled by a sword)... Anyway, I can confirm that Cen works for the Pokemon Daycare, and there was nothing suspicious to be found in the room. Cabin. Something.

Anyone have anything else to add?
    Also, there is still this. Granted it was on Day 8 and I could still have been converted since then, but it's all I can offer in my defense.
  • Cen said:
    Am I seriously about to get lynched because I tried to help out the only person I still believe is town? :(

From my side, I'm targeting you because you're the only person who's player action cannot be accounted for the night I suspect Phoebus was turned (aside from Thul). The only way I could see the recruiter being anybody else is if they had the hereto unseen ability to use two player actions in a night.

Unless, of course, Thul is a ridiculously good manipulator and is playing all of us.
    I think I'm going to play it relatively safe and block Cen, lynch Phoebus. It'll probably give us an extra day, and seeing how a convert flips might give us a little more info for interpreting how Allyrianne flipped (is traitor a cult recruit or not?) and maybe reference on other things.

Sylveon, use Moonblast on Cen!

Vote Phoebus

• Portius said:
    I think I'm going to play it relatively safe and block Cen, lynch Phoebus. It'll probably give us an extra day, and seeing how a convert flips might give us a little more info for interpreting how Allyrianne flipped (is traitor a cult recruit or not?) and maybe reference on other things.

Sylveon, use Moonblast on Cen!

Vote Phoebus

I suppose I'm ok with this; @Melali can jail Othero or Krack as requested, and that should hopefully keep things ticking along nicely-- I'd suggest Krackenor, since a cult redirect of a block could be quite dangerous at this stage. As long as we don't just tread water by taking out recruits without getting a chance at the recruiter we should be fine.
  • I'm not crazy about it but I'll go with it hoping we get some useful info tonight. Vote Phoebus
    As the ice crystals left on the porthole window melt away, the lines of condensation eerily align to spell out a message.

Vote Count:

Phoebus - 5 (Cyndarin, Ileein, Cen, Portius, Othero)
    Cen - 2 (Othero, Krackenor)

With 9 trainers active, it's 5 to lynch!

(If I'm not mistaken)
  • Hey, spoopy ghost, you counted me in both counts.
    (You're a sneaky ninja like that.)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Cool, I want to see what my flip looks like.
  • I need to stop having weekend plans until this game's over. That appears to be lynch.

I'd like to point out that Vivet didn't flip town, she flipped cult, and the autopsy wasn't conclusive about anything. Yeah, she apparently wasn't in contact with anyone anymore. But there was nothing to corroborate the whole "can't give specifics" thing, so everything she said may have been just stuff she made up for her own amusement. It's not like Vivet hasn't merrily sacrificed herself for no other reason than to generate chaos before.

In the meantime, hope you know what you're doing here, @Portius.
  • Thul said:
    I need to stop having weekend plans until this game's over. That appears to be lynch.

I'd like to point out that Vivet didn't flip town, she flipped cult, and the autopsy wasn't conclusive about anything. Yeah, she apparently wasn't in contact with anyone anymore. But there was nothing to corroborate the whole "can't give specifics" thing, so everything she said may have been just stuff she made up for her own amusement. It's not like Vivet hasn't merrily sacrificed herself for no other reason than to generate chaos before.

In the meantime, hope you know what you're doing here, @Portius.
    No. She showed as cult leader on death but that's just the role name. The autopsy didn't read as inconclusive, it read as her once being part of the cult but no longer being a part of it. 
  • Most recent report summary:

VIVET WAS RETURNED TO LIFE BY SOMEONE/SOMETHING ASSOCIATED WITH LUNAR ENERGY.
    VIVET WAS NOT IN CONSTANT CONTACT WITH LUNAR ENERGY.
    VIVET DID NOT SPEND MUCH TIME ON HER POKEGEAR.
    VIVET WAS NONVIOLENT.

Old report summary: 
    VIVET IS IN CHARGE OF OTHERS.
    VIVET WAS EXPOSED TO INCREDIBLE AMOUNTS OF MOONLIGHT.
    VIVET WAS VIOLENT.
    VIVET SPENT MUCH OF HER TIME ON HER POKEGEAR.

That suggests that Vivet was no longer Cult, and she no longer had the means to kill anyone considering the original report stated she had blood on her hands, had lunar energy, etc.

It looks like this is a lynch though. God it's weird that I had to do her autopsy twice in this game.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Still nothing there about talking restrictions, like she was claiming. No longer cult... possibly? Trustworthy, no.

And did anyone actually have an explanation for why on earth Kalaneya would raise someone who wasn't a cultist? Way to make the game harder for yourself, I guess.
    My working hypothesis is that Kalaneya didn't know that Vivet would come back as a non-cultist. Or possibly didn't have a choice in the matter? I'm having a hard time thinking of a reason why anyone would raise the dead knowing they wouldn't come back on their side. So that leaves ignorance or coercion as my guesses.