the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Has anyone seen anything? And has Salome checked in yet?
  • As well as Alary?
  • (It's still nighttime! Tremula will let us know by way of murderpost when day begins)
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    (Salome has checked in with me, and will be much more active when her holiday is over)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    As the CCL: Expedition begins to slow down, travelling over the swirling sands of the desert and catching the first beams of morning light in its window, a terrible quake rushes through the ground, disturbing the electromagnetic rails buried underneath and creating terrible turbulence for the passengers. Some are displaced, otheres are bruised, and it is not long before you all begin to gather outside, with various kind souls and Champion Alec helping all those who have been injured off of the train.

When you are all gathered, Alec looks back at the train, looks at you all again, and opens his mouth as if to say something before closing it promptly again. He seems to be fuming, but his face goes blank as he closes his eyes, and when he opens them again a look of serene grace is plastered over his features. "If any of you have Pokemon capable of shifting the earth, I would appreciate you not doing so while we're traveling at over four hundred kilometres an hour. We got lucky. The next time, someone could lose their life." 

He turns on his heel and marches towards the front of the train. A few minutes after he has disappeared, the top of each train car opens and solar panels emerge and unfold, soaking in the sun's light. 

(Please give or take an hour from expected night/day starts to allow for messages to be sent out, I forgot about that and didn't want to accidentally get locked from sending them)

The Solar Cells are Charging, and will take approximately one day (a full week) to fully charge again. It is now Day One of the CCL: Expedition's Journey.

FAQ has been updated.

There are 27 trainers on this journey. 

It will take a vote of 14 to end someone's journey.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ahahahahahahaha are you serious, no one died last night? Out of 27 people? Too funny.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

(fuckin quakes man)

• I got hit with a quake and thought it was somebody blocking me, but... did EVERYBODY get blocked? Jesus christ
  • So I guess nothing happened last night or somehow a blocker picked a random person and actually protected them.
  • Did anyone see anything last night?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I believe an investigator of some sort visited me last night, but I won't reveal their name. This makes me inclined to believe that there will be a lot of flavour involved with night actions too.
  • So I guess one of us knows Vivet's role.
    Well, they wanted to scan my pokémon, specifically. So they might know what it is, or at least what it can do?
  • so if your telling the truth your most likely a town.
    In any event, I feel like most people will know if a night action was performed against them. It was quite descriptive!
  • But eventually our investigator will expose you if your a mafia or third town.
  • Err party.
  • Or as they were scanning her Pokemon they simply know information about her pokemon.  Atleast ways that would be my guess given how abilities like that work in the games
  • I'm reading that event as an AoE block, yeah. Maybe, MAYBE Flying type Pokemon were able to get actions off? Looks like it was Ground-based.

But yeah, I'm assuming that whoever pulled off that maneuver is also responsible for the grand total of zero deaths last night. From reading the new entry in the FAQ, it appears that people have abilities separate from their Pokemon. I'm guessing that mafia kills are on the players, then, and not the Pokemon. Means that the ability to scan someone's Pokemon probably won't give you conclusive proof of someone's allegiance.
  • Yeah Earthquake is a ground type move(and one of the strongest in the game), Flying type pokemon should definitely have been immune to it. 
  • Bulbapedia entry for the move, because I'm pretty sure that's what that was. 

On one hand I'm kind of hoping this was a one-shot move. On the other hand that would mean somebody blew a really strong move on the first night. =/
  • That's super powerful. I'm thinking it'll be either a once-off or at least limited-use ability, maybe requiring time to recharge or something of the like. And if you ask me, it seems very pro-town. The mafia would be very unlikely to screw with their own plans.

Either way, using it on the first night was a good move, imo. Kudos, whichever trainer made it happen.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Wow, that was quite a strong ability, and from a non-evolved Pokemon! It looks like things may only escalate, for better or worse, as we advance through the region. But yay, first night with no casualties, and hopefully some good information gained. Agreed, a good move!
  • So, what neat pokemon did you guys get? It's been killing me wondering what was in the master ball
    Your numbers today are:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hahaha, here I was expecting a three death minimum result with the number of people in play. So far all my expectations? Out the window.

But anyhoo, is there an easy way of learning which Pokemon can do what move?
    Oh derp, just seeing Lehki's link thing. Thanks.
    Rawr at the no edit thing and the triple post, but just to be on record. I see Hippopotas can use Earthquake, but though I have him as my avatar, it wasn't me!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Kaimanahi said:
    Wow, that was quite a strong ability, and from a non-evolved Pokemon! It looks like things may only escalate, for better or worse, as we advance through the region. But yay, first night with no casualties, and hopefully some good information gained. Agreed, a good move!
    Actually, now that you mention it, it does seem a bit odd that a unevolved Pokemon would be throwing train-wide disabling Earthquakes around. It makes sense to me that an ability of this magnitude this would've come from something far more powerful. Maybe even legendary. Is there a Groudon on this train?? :O I wonder...