the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• I believe Vivet said she was investigated and may know who they're.
  • I think the vig tried to get me. Sharpened toothbrush rather than evil pokemon attack. Just a hunch though.

Might have been mafia. As I said before, I think the killer type abilities are on trainers rather than Pokemon. So... Earthquake might have saved you?
  • I was personally not affected by the Earthquake, and had a peaceful evening. But I know why.
  • As for Kilee's Kecleon, I have to say that if any pokemon doesn't suffer from being revealed, its Kocleon. It's Normal, which means that it is not going to be targeted by anyone other than those with Fighting types. Its ability is very likely Color Change, which means that it can change its type is variable and thus be a danger (in terms of experience) to anyone attacking, and it also means that no one will go out of its way to kill it, since it's a pretty harmless ability. 

Thank you, Sylandra and Cyndarin, for stating that you were targeted. With this, we can make some guesses/theories, though it's not quite as useful as if you turned up dead (no offense ;) ). For one, we have no way to prove you aren't lying, since the killers aren't likely to step forward and corroborate your claims. Any watchers or such people might be able to provide some more information, but nobody has seemed to step forward yet. 

It would make a sort of sense that those who were up and around, running through the halls, were more susceptible to the Earthquake than those quietly staying in their cabins. That's not confirmable, though, as I doubt everyone would tell the truth about whether or not they tried something. Additionally, some people got their actions off, so I really suspect that it is random. Especially since Tremula seems to like random effects. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    Melali said:

Additionally, some people got their actions off, so I really suspect that it is random. Especially since Tremula seems to like random effects. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I get the impression I was the target of multiple things last night but nothing besides Fake Out took hold. One was a quake-blocked kill, one was the Purrloin with Fake Out, and I'm led to believe there was another presence outside my door but idk what it was or who it was.

I guess it's possible I was protected instead of saved by the earthquake? Your guess is as good as mine. But if it's the watcher that would be awesome, because we would have a 1/3 chance of catching a killer.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • HOly carp!! Ok I saw nothing about the earthquake until the train stopped. So I was unaffected and as far as I can tell my Pokemon was unaffected as well.  There are far to many variables right now to come to any concrete conclusions in my opinion. However I am open to discussion on theories and I am still trying to logic my way through the ... million posts I somehow missed between last night and today
  • @Sylandra Did you get multiple messages stating each of these failed attempts?

@Kilee since the cat is out of the bag(or pokemon out of the pokeballl) What is your Kelceon's power?

• I'm not sure why my name was stricken over so much in @Melali's post...

Yes, I'm dayblocked. This was pretty much explicitly stated in my message. The "fixed by Champion" bit was him taking care of my banged knee. It still hurts enough to block any day powers though.
    I got one massive message about two presences outside my door, one murderous and the other not really discussed, as I ran to my escape during the earthquake. Afterwards I got dayblocked by Puttloin.

Side-bar, I'm not really surprised that Cyndarin and I would be targets of a kill on Night 1. We both have reputations of pulling wacky mafia plays off. Surprised Vivet wasn't targeted too, in fact. ;))
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Purrloin not Puttloin, gah. Phones. :|
    Daraius said:
  • @Ssaliss I had assumed as much on this as you were not the only person to claim being day power blocked by injury.  
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I wonder. There was earlier mention of order of actions potentially being based on the order that trainer cards were received while night actions were being sent in - maybe only everyone who acted after the quake order was sent in was affected, but people who checked in before the quake are fine? I checked in not long after Night began, and I'm fine today. I'm not remotely convinced this is the case, but it's a possibility to consider. Did anyone else who escaped the quake consider their check-in time to have been pretty early?
  • My checkin was fairly Late @Phoebus.

@Sylandra ah I suppose that makes sense if everything you are saying is in fact true. I will state that is a nice way to cast shade onto @Vivet though.
    Just acknowledging she's a good player! Don't think anyone would dispute me on that count.
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well this is a lot to catch up on and I didn't even get noticed! I did not get blocked by the earthquake, but I visited someone that was not home, without going into too much detail since no one died, I do not have much to offer at this point. Since someone mentioned that there are no evil Pokemon, only trainers, knowing a trainers Pokemon only helps in battles against them, probably?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Makaela said:
    My checkin was fairly Late @Phoebus.

@Sylandra ah I suppose that makes sense if everything you are saying is in fact true. I will state that is a nice way to cast shade onto @Vivet though.
    Alright, can safely discard that theory, then. Thanks for the information. Looking more and more like it was completely random. If that's the case, we lucked out quite a bit that it shook up the more homicidal passengers' night actions.
  • That does in fact seem to be the case, and knowing the games is mostly true. There are no Evil Pokemon in the Pokemon world.  (One could try to argue Meowth and Mewtwo but they are not truely evil. Meowth is just misguided by his goal of pleasing his trainers and the leader of Team Rocket wheras Mewtwo was trying to create a better world for his kind)
  • Silvanus said:
    Well this is a lot to catch up on and I didn't even get noticed! I did not get blocked by the earthquake, but I visited someone that was not home, without going into too much detail since no one died, I do not have much to offer at this point. Since someone mentioned that there are no evil Pokemon, only trainers, knowing a trainers Pokemon only helps in battles against them, probably?
    Yeah the way it seems to me is that we handed out roles with appropriate powers, and then picking the pokeballs gave us pokemon/powers independent of role.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Nothing targeted me during the night. I didn't see anything about an earthquake until Tremula's post. That might come down to randomness, but I suspect that it's because my pokemon has type immunity there and I didn't take any night actions.

Now, how do we feel about claiming pokemon powers? Mine is still available, but I'm nor 100% sure on how it works. I assume that @Tremula would've given a more complete explanation if it wasn't meant to be secret. I can make an educated guess at the mechanics, but I don't know. It looks like it's probably a pretty low impact power, especially if that earthquake came from a pokemon. There's a part of me that thinks it might be a good idea to use it early as a test run to make sure we know what it can do, but I also don't know if there's a reasonable target for it right now. On the other hand, there's a lot to be said for secrecy so it doesn't get killed. On the other other hand, progress towards evolution might be valuable. Or nearly worthless. No idea.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Makaela said:
    That does in fact seem to be the case, and knowing the games is mostly true. There are no Evil Pokemon in the Pokemon world.  (One could try to argue Meowth and Mewtwo but they are not truely evil. Meowth is just misguided by his goal of pleasing his trainers and the leader of Team Rocket wheras Mewtwo was trying to create a better world for his kind)
    Being pedantic for a moment, there are very much cases of evil Pokemon. No species of Pokemon is inherently evil, however there are specific examples of Pokemon being bad of their own volition, and not due to human influence. A major example that comes to mind is this supervillain-esque Malamar from the anime.
  • @Portius my suggestion would be to keep it secret to yourself. Try to use the Pokemons power to progress towards evolution.  
    Keep in mind that just because a power seems to be low impact does not mean it has a no impact or can not be a power that's impact is better realized after multiple uses.
  • @Phoebus having never seen that episode and only have the description to go off of it seems that Malamar was simply obeying Madame X but I could be wrong.  Exceptions to the rule do not change the rule however and really I do not think anyone considers any of the new pokemon animes to really be canonical to the universe.
    Early claims help the mafia most, imho. They tell them who the primary targets should be, and there's not enough night actions and day behaviors to compare to people's claims to figure out if the claims are consistent with play style, making it easier to bluff. But this game is different than most in that there are Pokemon powers and trainer powers so eh, idk.
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Here is one observation

During the NightVale game - Sylandra's player icon was of the Glow Cloud, which corresponded to her role in that game.

It's now changed to an image of Jiggly Puff - one can only assume this means her Pokemon is Jiggly Puff.

What powers does Jiggly Puff do?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Okay, let me sum up what we know so far about last night: An Earthquake happened, that affected some people but not others, and Day Blocked, Night Blocked, or Day and Night Blocked people. (Exact and reliable information on who were affected, why, and to what extent is going to be difficult to collect and is of little importance, seeing that no obvious pattern exists that limits claims and lends credibility.) Cyndarin was targeted by a Role Block AND a Kill attempt, one of which left a Darkrai mark (possible faction indicator?). Sylandra was also targeted by a Role Block and a Kill attempt, which gives me reason to believe that the Pokemon in question may have been used in conjunction with the killing. @Sylandra and @Cyndarin , could you please look at your messages and see if that's a possibility? Additionally, some people were investigated and Thul has some sort of immunity.

As for the thought that there are no evil Pokemon, maybe a Pokemon's move was somewhat determined by what your role's power is? After all, an evil person would train their Pokemon to perform evil deeds.

@Ssaliss , the first strike is because you said you were helped by the Champion, which I took to mean healed. The second one is because you tried to do something but were blocked during the night, so you didn't actually do anything. It was my best attempt to portray accurately what happened.

@Portius, you should really try asking Tremula first. She was willing to answer a lot of questions about my power. It never hurts to ask (in a private message that no one in the game can see).
    Oh, I just love Jigglypuff. Ahaha. But you're welcome to run with that theory.
    Daraius said:
  • Synkarin ooor it could just be her favorite Pokemon and you are creating correalation out of nothing?
  • Also a point: Sylandra and/or Cyndarin may be lying about being targeted to cover their scum-status, since they are such magnificent liarsplayers. Just a thought, but one must be mostly suspicious with the Mafia.
  • Lol this is how we start to lose.