Pokemon Go!

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Rolsand said:
    by the time Canada gets the the app all the current players will be about 20 levels ahead.
    Online play actually is a minimal-to-nil aspect - all gym battles and stuff are LOCAL, so you will be battling other local players for control of gyms in your area.

(note that the only battling at the moment is gym battles, there is no option for 1-vs-1 battles or even trading - these are meant to be coming in a future patch)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I was out of the shower for less than a half hour when my sister asked me to go out in the blazing heat and look for Pokemon for her. Naturally, I did. Now I'm sweaty and my shower feels kinda like it got deleted. But I caught a Staryu, a Mankey, and an Eevee!  :D 
  • edited July 2016
    Hrm so I guess other countries wont be behind once they get the game.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm addicted.

I also assume everyone I see walking around with their phone out is catching a pidgey. 

DC, apparently, is the land of 10000 pidgeys. 

I fully expect to hear reports of someone getting run over by a car or crashing their own while playing this game.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2016
    Daraius said:
    I'm addicted.

I also assume everyone I see walking around with their phone out is catching a pidgey. 

DC, apparently, is the land of 10000 pidgeys. 

I fully expect to hear reports of someone getting run over by a car or crashing their own while playing this game.

Not a car, but walking into a bad neighbor: http://www.cartelpress.com/teen-playing-pokemon-go-stabbed-mugged-iphone/

Although, it is supposedly fake
  • edited July 2016
    Ingress Has been around for a long time, is massivly played worldwide.  It has occurred but has not in years so I think people have this type of game figured out by now

Well... I dont vblame the teen on that.. that probably would have occured no matter what he was doing on his iphone. Hope the culprit gets caught though. 

Ahh you ninja posted my post then ninja ediyted my edit!
  • I had to be told to stop standing in the middle of the road...by the driver...

I'm going to die. BUT I'LL DIE HAPPY, DAMMIT.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    I walked into a trash can. DON'T JUDGE ME.
    Shame it's only Gen 1 Pokemon for now, maybe you would've shaken a Trubbish out of hiding.  ;)
  • I was awkwardly trying to catch a zubat one handed while walking to work with a scalding cup of coffee in the other hand. Only took 7 balls
  • Phoebus said:
    Shame it's only Gen 1 Pokemon for now, maybe you would've shaken a Trubbish out of hiding.  ;)

Lol

and I guess I have to retract my statement on part of Iosion. :<
  • Obviously you're supposed to have eggs for breakfast.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Phoebus said:
    That it's only Gen 1 is what makes it great!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    wait, I don't get push notifications, how do you get push notifications.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • You don't. It only works when it's running.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I have cleansed the infestation in my home by catching a Bulbasaur in my office, a Pidgey in my living room, a Weedle in my bedroom, and a Drowzee (squeeee! Yes!) in the middle of my house.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm hoping the Growlithe I got on my dog walking route is just the vanguard of an enormous population of them, cuz I don't know htf you're supposed to get specific kinds of candy for evolving.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • You just catch more and more of the same type. Behold, my ratata horde. 
  • I got a Jynx and Clefairy on the trail beyond my house....was awesome!
  • well... I fell asleep on tghe bus... then had to walk 40 large blocks home... found all of 3 pokemon 4 pokestops and hatched 6 pokemon on the way...
  • edited November 2018
    -
  • Started with squirtle.... Got a Charmander in my driveway and a bulbasaur in my bed
  • I'll just lurk around here and play through what everyone posts here for now.  :x
    @Alaksanteri
    We old-phone-havers gotta stick together in these trying times. I'm lucky my sister lets me be her PokeIntern!
  • Okay so I just started mine up today and already totally love it. There was a zubat in my fireplace!

But I used an incense while I was having lunch and it says it's supposed to attract wild pokemon to my location. Not a single one showed up. Anybody know if it only works in certain areas or something?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2016
    You just catch more and more of the same type. Behold, my ratata horde. 
    If you hit the TRANSFER button at the bottom of a pokemon's info, you will lose the pokemon, but gain an extra candy of that type as well.  Good for thinning out your  collection, since you can only have so many without spending RL funds on upgrades (which let you store another  50 pokemon at a time in your collection)

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • So. My old phone had Android 4.1, so it was too old to install Pokemon Go. It has also been flagging a lot lately, and had serious problems getting a stable connection after I moved to my new apartment. Behold, my new Android 6.0 phone. Which, apparently, is also not compatible with Pokemon Go :( WHAT DO I NEED TO PLAY THIS?
  • Ssaliss said:
    So. My old phone had Android 4.1, so it was too old to install Pokemon Go. It has also been flagging a lot lately, and had serious problems getting a stable connection after I moved to my new apartment. Behold, my new Android 6.0 phone. Which, apparently, is also not compatible with Pokemon Go :( WHAT DO I NEED TO PLAY THIS?
    Does it have an intel CPU?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.