Pokemon Go!

Comments

• So, recently got a dataplan (pretty cheap, like $15 for 5GB per month). Took a walk today, roughly 5km, and caught myself another 39 pokemon and hatched two eggs. At that point, the server died and I had to walk the remaining 3km back without hatching my third egg :(
  • Ssaliss said:

So, recently got a dataplan (pretty cheap, like $15 for 5GB per month). Took a walk today, roughly 5km, and caught myself another 39 pokemon and hatched two eggs. At that point, the server died and I had to walk the remaining 3km back without hatching my third egg :(

God damn it, I am jealous. I think the rate is like 25$ CAD for 1gb of data with my providor. :-w

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Welcome to Sweden, the land of the (nearly) free (internets) and the home of the brave (pokemon hunters).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Finally got a pikachu in an egg...then caught another in the same day. Huzzah!

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited August 2016
    I'm learning PokemonGO is more fun when you're in an urban area. Dead zones = pidgey and rattata if you're lucky. Elsewhere = ponyta and magnemites and seel, oh my! It's like a totally different game.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited August 2016
    Sylandra said:

I'm learning PokemonGO is more fun when you're in an urban area. Dead zones = pidgey and rattata if you're lucky. Elsewhere = ponyta and magnemites and seel, oh my! It's like a totally different game.

PokemonGo is meant to be a social game that you play and talk with others(although, any look some subreddits will show people really hate that they have to go to a city/where people are at to play). Living out where only a few people don't live is only going to have the vermin-like pokemon.

Edit: as far as I know, the pokemon spawning is still based on cellphone use. So cities will have the better pokemon because of that.
  • My brother went into NYC and joined up with this massive mob of people playing.

Told me at one point the entire group starting running somewhere, blocking traffic in the process, but nobody knew why until they had ran for blocks and found a Dragonite
  • I live in the largest city in canada but I still only get vermin and drowsee I went out shopping in my home town and found way better pokemon than at home. :((

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• The new escape rate is horrible, also mourning the loss of pokevision. I saw a dragonair the night before it was taken down, though I couldn't go out to grab it. And then the news about the dratini nests changing over to eevee... T_T I mean, I love eevee too, but not when I'm just wasting pokeballs.

Good news, I finally caught ponyta and a pikachu whilst in socal last week. Lost a blastoise, omanyte/star.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:

The new escape rate is horrible, also mourning the loss of pokevision. I saw a dragonair the night before it was taken down, though I couldn't go out to grab it. And then the news about the dratini nests changing over to eevee... T_T I mean, I love eevee too, but not when I'm just wasting pokeballs.

Good news, I finally caught ponyta and a pikachu whilst in socal last week. Lost a blastoise, omanyte/star.

The new escape rate is horrible :(. Pokevision was against the game's ToS...so yeah.
  • edited August 2016
    There's a new 3rd-party app chat client for droid.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • Apparently, it just got released here.

• I had a fun day downtown catching stuff

• I just bought a phone dock for my bike so I can pokemon go while I go.

I mean, I was already doing that it's just easier now that I don't have to try to hold my phone and the bike at the same time. Won't be dropping my phone again, no sir.
  • Lehki said:

I just bought a phone dock for my bike so I can pokemon go while I go.

I mean, I was already doing that it's just easier now that I don't have to try to hold my phone and the bike at the same time. Won't be dropping my phone again, no sir.

Could have always just keep the phone on in your pocket. It would vibrate when pokemon appear.
  • I usually did when there were no upcoming pokestops on the bike route. There was a pokestop and gym with an open slot on the middle of this steep hill and I'd tagged them without stopping pretty easily plenty of times before, but some asshole in a car cut really close to me and I swerved and fumbled with the phone. D:
  • I guess that would be something to get for a bike then so that doesn't happen again. Also I wouldn't think being on a bike would work very well hatching eggs either most of the time. Unless you ride really slow - how does your egg hatching look when you ride your bike?
  • I thought they nerfed spawns and scanning during biking (anything other than walking) in the last update?

• Orventa said:

I thought they nerfed spawns and scanning during biking (anything other than walking) in the last update?

I'm told it is not much of a nerf on the scanning. Distance tracking is a function of distance between scan points and time - it figures out how far you go between two scans, using straight lines, and then checks how fast it took you to find the speed (there is a speedlimit of like 30mph before it stops tracking distances).

I believe they upped the scan time from every 5 seconds to every 10 seconds. Depending exactly how you bike(how fast you ride, how often you stop, etc) will decide of how much of a nerf this is to you.
  • I honestly haven't been paying that much attention to eggs, though they are definitely still hatching now and then. The bike riding is mostly because my trip home from work is main time I have for actually playing when I don't have the day off.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Has anyone caught any of the following:

- ditto
    - aerodactyl
    - kabuto
    - farfetch'd
    - omanyte
    - porygon
    - onyx
    - kangaskhan
    - gyarados(evolved)
    - alakazam(evolved)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Ditto seems to be uncatchable right now and I remember hearing Kangaskhan was region locked alongside Farfetch'd, Tauros and Mr. Mime.

https://vg247.com/2016/08/04/meet-pokemon-gos-region-exclusives-tauros-kangaskhan-mr-mime-and-farfetchd/

• Siam said:

- ditto
    - aerodactyl
    - kabuto
    - farfetch'd
    - omanyte
    - porygon
    - onyx
    - kangaskhan
    - gyarados(evolved)
    - alakazam(evolved)

Farfetch'd and Kangaskhan are regional pokemon (I want to say Japan and Australia respectively), I'm told you can get them via eggs if you are outside those places. Ditto supposely doesn't spawn yet either (with the legendaries).

I have got an omanyte and Kabuto. Haven't seen the rest of them, however.
    Siam said:

- ditto
    - aerodactyl
    - kabuto
    - farfetch'd
    - omanyte
    - porygon
    - onyx
    - kangaskhan
    - gyarados(evolved)
    - alakazam(evolved)

I've got two Omanyte. Friend has a Porygon.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I got told that a friend of a friend caught a Ditto in Japan. :O
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Also there are rumors of Alakazam in SoFlo, but I haven't seen one yet. Just an Abra that teleported. :|
    Daraius said:
  • There has been a onyx captured here in the Philippines!
    See you in Sapience.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I've seen kangaskhan in gyms here but never even seen a silhouette to catch one :(

• I got an aerodatcryl from an egg.
  • @Siam From your list, I've caught onyx and omanyte off lures, one porygon in the wild (and one from an egg). I've heard plenty of chatter about gyarados, mostly of the "oh man, you should have been here LAST NIGHT," variety, and seen plenty of them doing the worm on top of gyms around here, but I've never seen one spawn. I did see a wild vaporeon early on, probably the rarest spawn I've encountered.

My pokedex is still only at 89/91.

I'm a little annoyed with the distance tracking mechanic. The app seems to have no problem following me along trails. Even when internet connectivity is patchy, GPS works fine, and my Avatar moves appropriately along the screen. Problem is that even though the app registers my movement as I use it, it often doesn't communicate this data to the server. I wish they would fix it so the data gets stored and uploaded when the connection is stable. I suppose that would be dead-easy to hack, but at some point you have to put legit users' convenience ahead of anti-cheating efforts. I've been logging anywhere from 35-50 miles per week since I installed this, but the in-game tracker has me at 113km total or something.

Did you guys see this?

Personality of the guy talking aside, I thought it was pretty interesting.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!