Raiding & Numbers

Comments

• edited August 2016

It's hard to disagree with him when he posts a log and counts. IJS.

You sure can. I just did it on your post :)
    Your numbers today are:
  • Rancoura said:

...Wow. Even I need to say that that is an incredibly narrow way of thinking, @Ciaran. If a lack of PK makes the game boring for you, it's utterly hilarious that you think everyone is the same way.

I'll also point out that you pretty much just admitted that you'd rather be aggressive against other players in this game than interact with people in your org. If that floats your boat, that's cool, but... don't delude yourself into thinking it floats everyone else's, too.

I don't make anyone come and fight me. I basically ask the ones who normally like to fight if they're up for it.

Secondly, I do interact with people in my org.

Where the hell are you people coming from? Just because you don't want to play the game that was made for you and would rather sit around in your manse doesn't mean you have to throw shade my way.

I don't make you come defend. I don't make anyone. I try to appreciate those who aren't so up-tight to actually try to have some fun in this game. Fun can be fighting, fun can be throwing candles at each other from the nexus, fun can be RPing. I do all of those things.

It makes me sad that there are such bitter people playing this game.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited August 2016
    No, it's narrow, and you're just compounding the fact, Maligorn. Lusternia is not advertised as a mainly PVP game (unless you're privy to some type of media I'm not). It's also not advertised as only a roleplaying game. Unless you're fond of mimicking the ostrich and forgot about the design system, the shops system, aethermanse creation, politics... I'm sure you've at least -heard- of the other features Lusternia has to offer.

Again, if those things aren't your cup of tea, that's cool, but stop making an ass of yourself be pretending that others don't find enjoyment in them (enough so to engage in them exclusively without dipping a toe into PvP, dare I say).

I played this game actively for 8 years (as more than a chat room, who'd have though?) without PvPing before I finally got into it. Please stop embarrassing yourself by making these assumptions.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Shaddus said:

"Hey, kids! This is a meteor! Watch the shiny stars!"

Try taking a newbie from your own org hunting and rp with them. It'll work a lot better in the long run.

The fact that Ciaran is disagreeing with this (the bolded) really pushes me to believe he is on the thread to do nothing but fan flames. I'm also almost 100 percent sure that a novice already knows "enemies are out there who want to kill me." >_>
    Your numbers today are:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm not bitter, I just understand the difference between, "Let's go kill Moon Ladies!", and "Let's go kick a Moon Lady and see who shows up."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2016
    You're missing the point terribly, so I'm not going to continue in this line of thought. If you think that Lusternia is going to make money and survive as a game without PK, I don't know what to tell you. You can hawk your wares to nobody and be a leader of nothing if you like, but in the end, PvP is the lifeblood of the game. I think you'd understand better if the south had the people to actually contest domoths and villages and aetherbubbles. (note, that's not a disparaging remark -- it's just a fact that there aren't that many PKers round the clock like the north has).

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited August 2016
    Shaddus said:

I'm not bitter, I just understand the difference between, "Let's go kill Moon Ladies!", and "Let's go kick a Moon Lady and see who shows up."

I actually prefer the second. Cyndarin running in and seeing if anyone responds is much better than Cyndarin running in, seeing no one about, lighting the Ethereal Serenwilde completely on fire and slaughtering every Daughter and Aspect. It may accomplish more, technically, but it's no fun for anyone.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Open question here. When was the last time Vortex was raided? Have Mysrai's moths been slain recently? Anyone been killing the Fire Lords? Maybe someone's been defiling a Yomoigu shrine? Anyone?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Maligorn said:

It's not narrow. It's demonstrably true. Over half of the artifacts cater to the PvP population

Seriously, name me 10 RP artifacts that we could have that is cool and wouldn't have any PK value at all.

I'll wait.

Artifacts are for combat because the people who combat would like the utility and are willing to pay real money. I can think of like one artifact that is for roleplay (fickle finger) and I've never seen anyone with it.
    Your numbers today are:
    Maligorn said:

You're missing the point terribly, so I'm not going to continue in this line of thought. If you think that Lusternia is going to make money and survive as a game without PK, I don't know what to tell you. You can hawk your wares to nobody and be a leader of nothing if you like, but in the end, PvP is the lifeblood of the game. I think you'd understand better if the south had the people to actually contest domoths and villages and aetherbubbles. (note, that's not a disparaging remark -- it's just a fact that there aren't that many PKers round the clock like the north has).

I appreciate your condescending tone, but I'm not really interested in rising to the bait.

I don't have a problem with pvp at all. It's important, and conflict is important. I'm just not interested in pvp for the sake of pvp.

I think you'd understand better if you'd actually play characters outside Hallifax.
    edited August 2016
    Another thought: Can you honestly tell me that Glomdoring is fulfilling its RP destiny to spread the wyrd and dominate Serenwilde and the cities if it has no villages and aetherbubbles? I'm sorry, but you need competent PKers 90% of the time to acquire these things. Peaced villages and noncontested claims notwithstanding.

EDIT: Inb4 the "Glomdoring is biding its time" bs. Spin doctors don't really fly with me.

Kilee said:

Maligorn said:

It's not narrow. It's demonstrably true. Over half of the artifacts cater to the PvP population

Seriously, name me 10 RP artifacts that we could have that is cool and wouldn't have any PK value at all.

I'll wait.

Artifacts are for combat because the people who combat would like the utility and are willing to pay real money. I can think of like one artifact that is for roleplay (fickle finger) and I've never seen anyone with it.
    Maybe not strictly RP artifacts, but there are plenty of artifacts that have nothing to do with PK. Most if not all of the trade and divine artifacts, for example.

Before an earthly flight

Manse dwellers.

There are also all the trade artifacts, as well as other utility and miscellaneous artifacts.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Ciaran said:

Rancoura said:

...Wow. Even I need to say that that is an incredibly narrow way of thinking, @Ciaran. If a lack of PK makes the game boring for you, it's utterly hilarious that you think everyone is the same way.

I'll also point out that you pretty much just admitted that you'd rather be aggressive against other players in this game than interact with people in your org. If that floats your boat, that's cool, but... don't delude yourself into thinking it floats everyone else's, too.

I don't make you come defend. I don't make anyone.
  • Glamrock, racehat, fink-sparkle thingy, clipboard, gnome conversation recorder thingy, fate decks (there are actually several of these kind of games, just few people seem to have them)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Maligorn said:

Another thought: Can you honestly tell me that Glomdoring is fulfilling its RP destiny to spread the wyrd and dominate Serenwilde and the cities if it has no villages and aetherbubbles? I'm sorry, but you need competent PKers 90% of the time to acquire these things. Peaced villages and noncontested claims notwithstanding.

EDIT: Inb4 the "Glomdoring is biding its time" bs. Spin doctors don't really fly with me.

Last time I checked, Xenthos blew up the whole world.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Maligorn said:

Did I accidentally make my wording sound like I thought PK had nothing to do with the game? Or did I say something more to the effect that PK isn't the -only- aspect of the game? Go back and read again, honey bun :)

Before an earthly flight

Maligorn said:

Well, you're welcome to roll an alt in Glomdoring, play for a while, and then go back to Maligorn right before Ascension.
    Rancoura said:

Maligorn said:

Did I accidentally make my wording sound like I thought PK had nothing to do with the game? Or did I say something more to the effect that PK isn't the -only- aspect of the game? Go back and read again, honey bun :)
    It's one thing to say that PK isn't the only aspect of the game; it is another to call someone narrow-minded and assume they don't occupy themselves with other parts of the game because they want a livelier PK scene.

Maligorn said:

Rancoura said:

Maligorn said:

It's one thing to say that PK isn't the only aspect of the game; it is another to call someone narrow-minded and assume they don't occupy themselves with other parts of the game because they want a livelier PK scene.
    Sorry, allow me to clarify: I called you and Ciaran narrow-minded because you expect everyone else to want the same things you want, when that is incredibly obviously not the case in Lusternia.

Before an earthly flight

edited August 2016
    I do expect everyone to want to contribute to the game and keep it healthy and well-funded in all aspects. Sorry not sorry.

EDIT: My issue is that you and Shaddus aren't just pointing out that there are other things in this game to do. You're calling out Ciaran for trying to spark some life into the undeniable PK drought that we've had since before Celina's Ascension. You need a reality check here, is what I gathered from that. Make no mistake that this game survives on purchases largely made by the PK population and that more than half of the game is dedicated to player versus player combat.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Here's something I'll note

For the team that was bragging about fighting 4v7 in Etherglom 'despite' numbers and all that bullshit - you waited until you had 10 people ready to fight 4 of us sitting on Faethorn (we were joined by 2 others, making it 6v10). You literally sat on the other side of your archway waiting until the people showed up. This group included people who complain about numbers when it's stacked against them.

This is in addition to a certain someone (who was 'raving' earlier) -asking- us to fight on faethorn, then running away from a 7v5 (us 7) situation a few days ago.

Here's a question for you - why do you fight in Glom with discretionaries and fewer people, but will run and/or won't come out until you have superior numbers/experience against Celina and me?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Everiine said:

Shaddus said:

I actually prefer the second. Cyndarin running in and seeing if anyone responds is much better than Cyndarin running in, seeing no one about, lighting the Ethereal Serenwilde completely on fire and slaughtering every Daughter and Aspect. It may accomplish more, technically, but it's no fun for anyone.
    One could say such things similarly about any other org Pvp group as well. Good on you.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    edited August 2016
    Maligorn said:

I do expect everyone to want to contribute to the game and keep it healthy and well-funded in all aspects. Sorry not sorry.

I'll reiterate my point by saying some things are not every individual's cup of tea. Western society would fall apart if there weren't service workers, law enforcement, health professionals, manufacturers, etc. etc. Is everyone expected to be interested in all these different trades and careers?

Edit to your edit: I am also not personally saying Ciaran is an ass for poking at PK. I'm saying he's an ass because he expects everyone to WANT to PK.

Before an earthly flight

edited August 2016
    Lusternia isn't western society, lol. That's a poor parallel. But let me entertain that for a second. Do you believe that if everyone sat around talking, politicking and making money off of crafts with zero military activity, that they would survive? Oh, hey, China's amassing warships along our coast. Let's just ignore them until they go away.

EDIT: I suppose that worked for neutral countries, but I hope you don't consider Glomdoring to be completely neutral. But we're veering into OOC politics here, which is a no-no.

• Kelly was right. The forum warriors really have their pitchforks out. I can't believe it all came from me being raving about some fights.

P.S. I used to raid Fire but since there are no Pyros nobody ever even notices.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Rancoura said:

Maligorn said:

Before an earthly flight

Salome said:

Everiine said:

Shaddus said:

One could say such things similarly about any other org Pvp group as well. Good on you.
    Oh, it wasn't anything against Cyndarin. I was using her as an example as someone who is incredibly powerful and good at PK, and who could cause a great deal of grief damage if she chose to exploit that. Given the options, I rather like it when she (or anyone) tests the waters to see if there's going to be a fight instead of waiting until there's no one around and going on a rampage. But that's because I'm not a PvPer.

I apologize if it came off as an insult.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I am asking this question in good faith. It is not sarcasm, comedy, or a veiled insult. Please respond accordingly.

If people are trying to find out if the other side wants to fight, and doing this by showing up and kicking a demon or whatever is frowned upon, why don't you just set up an OOC clan for people who want to schedule fights? It seems like you could just ask and not worry about scry turning up people who are AFK and so forth.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Maligorn said:

Lusternia isn't western society, lol. That's a poor parallel. But let me entertain that for a second. Do you believe that if everyone sat around talking, politicking and making money off of crafts with zero military activity, that they would survive? Oh, hey, China's amassing warships along our coast. Let's just ignore them until they go away.

Actually, if we wish to be techincal, Lusternia is influenced by western society - through designs, through western term use, through the concepts and dichotomy of good and evil viewed in the Western World and the Old World. Rancoura has said over and over again that PVP appeals to some, and it doesn't appeal to others, there has to be a balance for a game to appeal to every sort of person.

That's what she's saying. She's not dissing PVP, she's not saying PVP is bad and dumb. She's saying games like this regardless of PVP still have to be balanced with other things. Again, whatever floats one's boat. Cool.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
This discussion has been closed.