Goldflation II

18910111214»

Comments

• Luce said:
    Actually, make it an arena-like where resources used inside are refunded, and the weekly record-holders are awarded power (that can break whatever their limit is) and are allowed to choose a free supernumerary in the related domoth that expires once the next challengers are awarded (even if the winner happens to not be a demigod), plus their org gets a small power bump to encourage them to encourage challengers.
    Maybe there could be tiers(one for demi), not-demis might get xp and your tier would be what you end the week on.

Also, unlocking domoth powers temporarily would be awesome.
    Ick. We really don't need a new version of ur'traps, maps, whatever with new unique artifacts/free domoth powers/etc.

I don't foresee one time obelisks to be a significant drain on the gold piles. Rich people will buy new THING once, and then compete with other rich people for EXTRA SPECIAL THING. New mechanic, new headache, new problems. No thanks.

The suggestion also specified a cost per entry to provide an ongoing drain. It also doesn't really introduce anything actually new. The mobs for the hunting/death obelisk suggestion all already exist as does a system which awards them points (something similar could be used for an influencing/harmony obselisk), the maze/chaos obelisk could use the illusory maze or dairuchi puzzle.
    The suggested rewards so far are also all inside the existing system.

Also like... the list of desired limitations is bordering on improbable (at least).

From what I've seen:
     * People don't want to pay more for any existing sinks
     * Slightly related, but people want to ensure novices aren't affected
     * People don't want any additional sinks that impact gold generation (hunting/influencing) or combat.
     * People generally acknowledge that anything that does not provide a tangible benefit is unlikely to be a decent sink
     * And now no new mechanics in the game.

This really limits it to... well converting credit costs on some artifacts/services into gold costs which seems unlikely at best.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Allow mortals to buy xp.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Trades
    I really enjoyed the trade aspect of Lusternia and in the past few years, I have found that players have slowly stopped focusing on crafted items.
    I know its not an accurate statement to fully validate it but my manse shop hardly ever sells items that are purely aesthetic these days. It would
    be great if we could revive these items by creating some meaningful incentive to have them. I know that it adds some prestige but not everyone
    is an influencer and honestly, prestige doesn't help a heck of a lot in any case. Though please correct me if I am wrong! 

The other concern regarding trades is that it can be quite difficult to find a tradesman. In the past, people have asked for one purely to mend/repair
    an item. What if we had a denizen in each commune/city who could repair the items? I personally mend/repair items on cost, perhaps these denizens 
    can charge a little extra for their work. I doubt tradesmen would object too highly, maybe I am wrong. 

Custom statues for manses
    One way to help players spend gold in a pragmatic way is to give them the opportunity to make customised statues in manses. I would love to have 
    artistic statues in manses. Manses are designed by players so having customised statues in them wouldn't break any rules. I guess I wouldn't see
    hundreds of them but if we have these kind of ideas in mind then we are a little closer to opening this door to almost an endless route of possibilities. 

Currently upkeep is fairly cheap, perhaps include a gold fee as well as the extra comms for the upkeep? 

• Statues would be really cool, something more for artisans to craft maybe. (maybe, might be okay outside manses if they were required to have "statue" in the dropped for people to be able to identify them)
  • Maybe a skill called Aetherstatue in Artisan. 
  • Give gold back to region's head denizen to extend duration of successful quest. Put cap on max duration and make sure it doesn't prevent counter-quest, if any. Keep gold reward on quests so people have an option.
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Following the quest thing, you could put in an absurdly expensive hint system for quests. There have been times that I would have been willing to pay upwards of a million gold to find all of the hidden probe targets in a room. Especially when they aren't mentioned in the room's description.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Fair enough!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's what you have a treasurer for. If anyone tried to do it in Serenwilde, I'd notice fairly quick. 
  • Enyalida said:
    That's what you have a treasurer for. If anyone tried to do it in Serenwilde, I'd notice fairly quick. 
    Your treasurer probably will also care a lot more than your patron if someone is stealing all your gold.

• Going to start a new thread!
This discussion has been closed.