Primus of the Institute: Fellowship of the Bear

Ileein strides to the front of the Assembly, clasping the Sceptre of Temporal Alteration aloft in one hand.

Attendants in waistcoats filter through the crowd, directing visitors to stand outside the rows of pillars, and Fellows and Junior Fellows to their appointed positions.

A small crowd of students clad in robes and lab coats filters in behind, filling in the rows and standing in respectful silence.

Stepping forward into a shaft of cool light, then officiously pounding the base of the Sceptre of Temporal Alteration on the crystalline floor, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Hear ye, hear ye. By my authority as Primus of the Institutional Society of Hallifax for Improving Temporal Knowledge, I do hereby declare this convocation of the Fellowship in order."

Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Present are Professor Tekora Windwhisper, Fellow Brunl, Junior Fellow Tamashi, and Junior Fellow Zyrthog, as well as myself and miscellaneous Society personnel."

Gravely peering at the assembled, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "We are gathered here today for the purpose of considering whether there are any among us who might, by dint of their achievements and efforts to carry the fledgling flame of empirical science forward, might be deemed worthy to be called a Fellow of our Society."

Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Fellowship is no small honour. Indeed, in many ways it is the highest one of the Society can convey, for all other awards, honours, and titles are mere additions to it. Even the Primus is but a Fellow of the Society, albeit one with many more responsibilities."

Primus Ileein Shevat says, "A Fellow is one whose dedication to scientific principles is unquestioned. Whether in the grand Houses of the Artistic Wards or in the furthest flung hovels of the Basin, a Fellow is accepted as a man or woman of science."

Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Are there any here who feel that they might be worthy of consideration by the convocation, or who wish to nominate another?"

A hush falls over the gathered crowd of Institute staff, as they glance back and forth to see if any will speak.

Stepping forward from his assigned position, Junior Fellow Tamashi says, "I do, Primus, feel I should be considered."

With a grave nod to the Junior Fellow, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "You are recognized, Junior Fellow. The convocation will hear you make your case for consideration."

Moving to the center of the group, leaving the other Junior Fellows in attendance to themselves, Junior Fellow Tamashi says, "I have studied rigorously in the field of medicine within the Laboratory of Natural Sciences, and with the help of our staff, have made great strides in that field."

Nodding gravely, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Thank you, Junior Fellow."

Spreading his arms to take in the rest of the crowd, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Do any wish to speak on the Junior Fellow's behalf?"

Zyrthog clears his throat in an attempt to gain everyone's attention.

Scanning the room around him with curiosity, Junior Fellow Zyrthog says, "...I wish to second Tamashi's nomination."

Ileein Shevat inclines his head to Zyrthog, recognizing him.

Primus Ileein Shevat says to Zyrthog, "What have you to say on the Junior Fellow's behalf?"

Speaking in a flat, almost monotonous tone, Junior Fellow Zyrthog says, "Simply this: His efforts alongside Dr. Creshok were not only a clear illustration of Scientific Prowess and Initiative that many scholars lack, but helped reiterate to the entire world what the Minds of the Institute are capable of when faced with a challenge."

Gravely, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Thank you, Junior Fellow. Your words are heard."

Ileein turns to the rest of the crowd, his expression impassive.

Levelly, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Do any others wish to speak on the Junior Fellow's behalf?"

Tekora steps up next, fanning her wings to stretch slightly before folding them back behind her.

The gleaming lines of data that race through the crystalline floor underfoot intertwine and knot briefly around Tekora's feet as she steps forward to speak.

Primus Ileein Shevat says to Tekora, "Professor Windwhisper, what have you to say on the Junior Fellow's behalf?"

Tekora turns to the assembly, brushing a stray platinum feather from her brow before speaking.

Historian Tekora Windwhisper says, "I have reviewed the documentation and circumstances around the Institute's latest project, codenamed Westwind. At least, the project seemed to have produced the very same exemplary results that this institution holds itself to and is known for. However, upon further review, to find that one of the lead researchers was but a Junior Fellow, I was quite intrigued."

Historian Tekora Windwhisper says, "During my tenure as Primus, I presided over many promising prospects who sought to join our Institute, and they rose to great heights. But Junior Fellow Tamashi appears to be an exceptional example, as the fruits of his efforts have borne great good and very apparant practical results to the Basin at large. And of course, this can only be the utmost goal for a Fellow of the Institute."

Historian Tekora Windwhisper says, "As such, I believe the evidence presents itself quite readily that the Junior Fellow is well-suited for the title."

Tekora folds her wings around her body, wrapping herself in a feathered embrace.

Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Are there any others who wish to speak on the Junior Fellow's behalf?"

Formally, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Then are there any who object to the consideration of the Junior Fellow? Speak now, for there will be no other opportunity."

A gentle susurrus rises among the Institute staff, as they crane this way and that to see if anyone will speak.

After the appropriate pause, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "There being none, the convocation hears your request for consideration, Junior Fellow Tamashi, and finds it in order."

Tamashi nods his head in understand, giving Zyrthog and Tekora a slight nod of thanks as he walks to stand before Ileein. He presents himself in a ready fashion and awaits the judgment to be made.

Ileein Shevat steps forward slightly to meet your advance, a pair of waistcoated servants flanking him.

Formally, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Junior Fellow Tamashi, it is the duty of a Fellow of the Institutional Society to be of peerless judgement, for upon you rests the reputation of this Institution. Do you commit to so upholding this duty?"

Returning the formality, you say, "Primus, I have made it my goal to act as such regardless of position. I will continue to uphold these responsibilities and willingly accept the duties assigned."

Formally, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "It is furthermore the duty of a Fellow of the Institutional Society to forward the flame of empirical science, and never to rest while a question remains unanswered, or an uncertainty remains untested. Do you commit to so upholding this duty?"

Junior Fellow Tamashi say, "Absolutely, I instill the teaching of asking a question to prove you always have something to learn. I have also made it my duty to raise all researchers in this manner and pass on what we value. I also have a program I will begin to run upon this appointment, that we have discussed."

Formally, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Finally, it is the duty of a Fellow of the Institutional Society to believe the words of the Primus regardless of evidence, for they are law. Do you so commit to upholding this duty?"

Junior Fellow Tamashi says, "I cannot do this, Primus. I respect your words as they have granted guidance and wisdom, however, we are to take no one's word on it. This is our motto and I will always pursue that knowledge with my own findings."

With beryl stars twinkling in his form, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "And so you should not, for your words are true."

Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Kneel, Junior Fellow."

One of the waistcoated servants passes Ileein a snow-white fold of cloth, which he unfurls to reveal a gleaming white stole.

Ileein Shevat steps around you, reaching up slightly to navigate your bulk to place the white stole upon you.

Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Stand, Fellow Tamashi, so I may present you to the convocation."

Tamashi moves to stand up, shifting slightly as he rights himself upon his feet once more and turns.

Fellow of the Society. He is accorded all rights and privileges of Fellowship in the Institutional Society of Hallifax under its Charter. May he carry the flame of empirical science forward, and pass it yet brighter to the next generation of scientists."

Tekora gives up a round of applause.

The crowd of staff bursts into applause, and here and there even the occasional cheer can be heard from the fairly taciturn bunch.

Zyrthog gives up a round of applause.

Historian Tekora Windwhisper says, "Congratulations, Fellow Tamashi. We expected great things of you, and you have exceeded expectations. Well done."

Tamashi says to Tekora, "I appreciate the kind words, but this isn't even the greatest of my potential. I will continue to advance the research done and help others also advance in their own paths."

Formally, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Are there any others with business to bring before the convocation?"

Thumping the base of the Sceptre of Temporal Alteration on the floor with a ringing noise, Primus Ileein Shevat says, "Hearing none, I declare this convocation of the Institutional Society of Hallifax for the Improvement of Temporal Knowledge closed. Go from this place in full mindfulness of what you have heard and seen here this day."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extra Fun Stuff on the OOC side

(Ad-Hoc): You say, "Any of those staff speak up I'll wring their neck until they only speak like Beaker >.>."

(Ad-Hoc): Ileein says, "Meep."

(Ad-Hoc): Ileein says, ""uh actually he was rude to me once" "shut up albert you're a shitty lab assistant"."

Comments

• I like that Zyrthog kid, him and Teleos are interesting
  • I do too, I just wish Celest and Seren weren't such assholes to him. I get the whole "He's illithoid" thing ... but meh. He went to Water to get essence to cure a Celestian and he gets chased off with a broom.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tamashi said:
    I do too, I just wish Celest and Seren weren't such assholes to him. I get the whole "He's illithoid" thing ... but meh. He went to Water to get essence to cure a Celestian and he gets chased off with a broom.
    Tully's back?

But seriously, good read, and great job!
  • I missed it, booo.
  • My favorite part is where everyone ignores the blatant LotR reference in the title :)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Probably because we didn't get how it clued in to the rest of the RP.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Primus is GM title (Lord) Scepter is the GM arti (Ring), Fellowship is the title, and Tamashi is a Bear :)
  • Zyrthog getting crap about being Illithoid led to a very interesting set of conversations, so I can't complain much