Meeting the Dowager

edited September 2016 in Event Scrolls
After taking @Lysistrata to the Wydyr to learn about family history, I introduced her to Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, and some kind admin gave us this lovely little bit of RP.

You bow respectfully to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh.

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh stares blankly into the air, oblivious to any sign of interaction.

Raising his voice slightly, you say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "My greetings, Dowager Shee-Slaugh."

Lysistrata curtseys gracefully before Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh.

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

You murmur to Lysistrata, "Her eyes are hidden. Here it is proper to greet out loud after you have curtseyed."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "It is an honor to meet you, Dowager Shee-Slaugh. I am Lysistrata."

You say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "I wish to present to you Lysistrata, servant of Mother Night in the Shadowdancers, and soon to be a member of the House of Shee-Slaugh."

Eliron tilts his head to one side, waiting patiently.

Lysistrata tells you, "Should I say something more?"

You tell Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow, "If you would like. We will give her a moment to gather her thoughts. She is very old, and cannot always be stirred to acknowledge the doings of the Mortal House of Shee-Slaugh."

Lysistrata tells you, "I shall remain silent then."

You tell Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow, "But it would be a rudeness not to give her the opportunity to take a hand if she so chooses."

Lysistrata tells you, "Should I lift a hand? or stay still for the moment?"

You tell Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow, "Look closely, her eyes are covered by the scarf. She will not see if you do."

You tell Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow, "Thus why though the curtsy is always proper, with the Dowager it should always be followed up with a verbal greeting."

Lysistrata tells you, "Right, she's blind. well, less worry about my appearance."

You say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "I see your grand daughter Rhianna is not here."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "I am Rhianna's great aunt, knowing her when she was newly born."

You say, "My apologies, your niece."

You say to Lysistrata, "Rhianna Shee-Slaugh often can be found here."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "I am Rhianna's great aunt, knowing her when she was newly born."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "I would be honored of course to meet Rhianna Shee-Slaugh as well."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "So she isn't."

You say, "Though you may find her wishing to leave. If you ever speak with her and do, I suggest you help her. And when you are done, I suggest you ask me why I did so."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "I shall."

You smile and say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "A pity, though I shall surely bring Lysistrata back another month to properly introduce her. However, it is you I wanted her to have the honour of meeting this month."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "It indeed is a great honor for me."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "And I am sure I should be pleased to meet you as well."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "I look forward to proving myself worthy of the Shee-Slaugh name."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "Ah, I did wonder if that is why you were brought before me."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "Yes Dowager Shee-Slaugh. Salome and Stratas are considering adopting me."

You smile and say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "Lysistrata is learning the ways of the Shee-Slaugh, and I know of no better way to impress on her the long history of the Shee-Slaugh than to see the Wydyr and to meet the Dowager of the line."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "It seems our family continues to grow even beyond my comprehension. You have done well in guiding it into modern times, Eliron."

Bowing deeply though it cannot be seen, you say, "To shelagh I'm honoured by your words, Dowager. I strive only to fulfill the expectations laid before us by Queen Lhiannan."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "Indeed. She is even harder to please than I."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips as you glance at Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh.

You say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "And so Lysistrata shall meet her later, when she has had more time to prove herself worthy."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "A task to which I shall devout my full attentions."

You flash Lysistrata a joyous smile.

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh's face twitches as a hint of smile forms at the corner of her lips.

Lysistrata tells you, "She almost smiled... that's good, right?"

You say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "Or she will if you are pleased by our newest addition. It would be foolish to bring her before Queen Lhiannan if you are not satisfied with her."

You tell Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow, "You're doing fine, young one."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "I've been given no reason to be displeased, so you are doing well thus far. So many these days cannot even make it that far."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "You hold your tongue well, child. And I am sure Lhiannan shall be pleased to see youth and beauty brought into the family, if even a bit envious."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh cackles hellishly.

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "Thank you, Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh."

Spreading his hands with a faint smile, you say, "None of the House would ever dare question the Queen's beauty, Dowager."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "Oh, no. Though youth, on the other hand.."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh's lips.

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "But let's keep that between us."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "Maturity, and the knowledge and skill that comes with it is far more precious than fleeting youth."

You smile and say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "But of course."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "If it is ok for me to say such, that is."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "Of course, child. I merely teases Lhiannan because so many are afraid to. I have had my time on this world, if she wishes retribution then I am more than welcome to take it."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement at Lysistrata.

Lysistrata presses her lips together to stifle a  giggle.

Lysistrata tells you, "I know we're here to see if she likes me, but I like her!"

You say to Lysistrata, "And because the Dowager has perhaps earned the right to what would rightly see any of us flayed and fed to barghests."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "As would be proper recourse for one of us if we were to speak in such a manner."

You chuckle long and heartily.

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "The barghests have been rather hungry as of late, if you do wish to anger her."

You say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "She learns quickly."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "Lhiannan will surely enjoy you child, if you continue to speak as you are. But do not forget, keep your tongue sharp."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "I shall, tempered with honor and respect, of course."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "Eliron, I am more than happy to welcome this one into the family."

Tilting his head back in a loud, piercing howl, a baleful barghest prowls out to the out.

You say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "Then we shall not disappoint, Dowager. My thanks to you for your time. We shall not disturb you any longer."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "Thank you, Dowager Shee-Slaugh. I shall not disappoint."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh says, "Yes, dear, please do not. I do hate being wrong."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "Then I must succeed, for I would hate to see that."

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh nods her head slowly as she hums an off-key tune to herself.

With a flourish of your arm, you bow deeply.

Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh returns to her work over the cauldron, stirring it slowly as it bubbles.

Lysistrata curtseys gracefully.

You say to Dowager Shelagh Shee-Slaugh, "Shadows keep you, honoured Dowager."