Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Oh man, Touhou. I have a passing knowledge. Enough to know what it's about and looks like, but have never played any of the games or got into the fandom. This should be fun.
  • Never heard of this, but happy to learn and play!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm odd in that I've heavily played quite a few games in the main series, but I don't really follow any doujins or even have english translations for half of what I've played. Gameplay and music is most of what I know, so it'll be interesting to see how much that helps me.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So it's probably not a good thing that I've never even heard of Touhou. I'm here at least?

• edited September 2016
    Lavinya said:
    So it's probably not a good thing that I've never even heard of Touhou. I'm here at least?
    Welcome to the crew. I think so far 80% of us are lost.
  • I'm up for a duel too! Let's see... The random number generator said 10, so here goes:

@Othero! I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem!
  • Challenging one another to spellcard duels is the rule of Gensokyo. Spectacular battles of overwhelming patterns where the most beautiful duelist wins. And though the battles can seem brutal for the sheer power involved, they still exist as a nonlethal conflict resolution system. Not that people need a conflict as an excuse to engage in danmaku. With a loud cry, Tremula challenges Luce to a fight, and the challenge is accepted. The two float up in midair and each pull out a small card from their pocket, presenting it their opponent.

"Sutras of." "Wrath of woman scorned!" Luce takes the lead, declaring a spellcard before Tremula can even properly declare her own, and poor Tremula is caught of balance by the sudden appearance of hundreds of red and blue fireballs that fly towards Tremula at high speed. Tremula yelps as she twists and turns between the fireballs, pushing herself up higher to gain some height as she starts her own spellcard. "Sutras of the Gate!" Behind her, two familiars appear and start spinning around, shooting bullets at each other that then divert off towards Luce. Luce remains calm however, and releases an overwhelming wide angle burst of more fire, all while slowly moving sideways to dodge the aimed shots. The onslaught of firey bullets is just too much, and though Tremula tries to dodge as best she can, she eventually ends up crashing into one. The blast sends her flying back down towards the ground, impacting in a small crater. Luce chuckles softly as she lands before Tremula and offers her a hand to help her get back up on her feet.

Luce has won the exhibition match
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Ooooh, that's neat. Luce, wtf, why didn't you use this power instead of making people fall in love?  (Though it's appropriate and I like it very much)

*tsk Luce*
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • BTW, @Kiradawea, can you have multiple challenges going at once? I.e. can I challenge, say, Tremula while my current challenge against Othero is going? Not sure it'll be relevant, but y'know, more info is always better.
  • You could, but the challenges will be resolved in order. So for example, if you do challenge Tremula and Tremula accepts, you'll still have wait until your challenge with Othero is resolved. After all, you may end up losing a wagered match against him, and thus be unable to participate in more matches for the rest of the day. If the match against Othero resolves in a way that allows you to continue challenging others, I'll immediately resolve your following challenge with Tremula.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Let us start by challenging the last mafia's winner!

@Sylandra I challenge you to to a Spellcard fight! Jewels of the virtuous saint!!!!

eeeeeekkkkk 

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Okay. Now, I'll be open and honest about this from the start:

I intend to challenge people to duels fairly often. In my opinion (which I've stated over several games), town wins by information, scum wins by disinformation. I'm not sure if these challenges will help town win or not, but I can't see them hurting in any way. Plus, there might come a point in time where we might get some info out of these, even if it's not obvious from the start.

Also, if anyone challenges me, I'll probably accept without a bet. There might be cases where I'll make a bet, but at that point I'll make sure to explain why.

With that said, my next two random generated numbers mean...

@Yarith! I challenge you to a duel! Control sign: Toys for Children

@Lehki! I challenge you to a duel! Hourai's Seven-Coloured Jewel
    More random duels!

@Ssaliss! I challenge you to a duel! Fortune favours the bold!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• @Siam I accept! No bet! Sacrificial Stratagem
    I am having so much fun right now. Lol. Can't wait to see how things turn out!

#bringShikariback 

• This will probably be the most insane day 0 in mafia history! I'm loving it!
    Also, that being said:

@Iosion  I challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @Lavinya  I challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @TremulaI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @SynkarinI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @LehkiI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @BreandrynI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @MelaliI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @VivetI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @OtheroI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @CynadrinI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @UshaaraI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @KrackenorI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @IleeinI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @KalaneyaI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @FalmiisI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @TamashiI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @LuceI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @WeiwaeI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 
    @YarithI challenge you to a duel!Light rains from the heavens!! 

This is so much fun.

#bringShikariback 

• Couldn't you guys... y'know, have challenged one another first? :p

Maybe I should've made it impossible to make multiple challenges at once. I'm gonna have to do so much writing. :s
  • I dunno if wasting all your cards is a good idea, don't they have cooldowns? I guess Luce might be able to tell us how long they can't be used for?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    You opened Pandora's box, @Kiradawea. :) Let the crazies commence!

#bringShikariback 

Ohoooo....@Yarith's fishing for information! My spider senses are tingling!

#bringShikariback 

• Oh, nevermind, I need to be more thorough.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Yarith Today all challenges are just exhibition challenges, so no cards end up going on cooldown. Also, Ssaliss challenged you. Could you please accept or reject the challenge?
    Fite fite fite fite fiiiite

#bringShikariback 

• Nooooooooooooooooooo-ohoohoho.
    Fine, but you've activated my trap -- err.. spell card! That said, if one post late, @SsalissI accept your challenge, Ssaliss and we duel for nothing at all! Prepare for my ultimate card, Brilliantly flaring sequential prismatic array!

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    *braces for fireworks*

#bringShikariback 

• I think we need Othero to respond first, since he was the first one I challenged.
    This is so intense. I feel like Eris throwing the apple of discord. 

#bringShikariback 

• I won't lie, I'm a little hyped

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Hrm... It seems I have made a slight miscalculation on the amount of crazy I expected, so in order to save myself from being chained to writing spellcard duels for hours at a stretch, I'm going to make a house rule for this day. Since there is no consequence to these duels except for spellcards being revealed, I'll be resolving duels as soon as both parties accept. From the next day onwards, challenges will once more be resolved in the order that they're made.