Sakaki visits the Silent Lord

I was going through some old logs and found this one from a good 6 or more months back that I have not shared thus far.  Was certainly one of my more interesting interactions with a divine (Raves to @Nocht for making it both fun and unsettling XD )

You reach out and gently brush your hand against a delicate veil of shadows. Your senses suddenly dull as you feel yourself pulled into the entrancing darkness. As your senses return, you find yourself beneath a beautiful night sky.

The Fulcrux of Nocht.
A complex series of stones orbit around a stygian orb here. A rippling image of a beautiful night sky has been magically wrapped around the fulcrux here.
You see a single exit leading through an image of the night sky.

The image of the night sky grows terrifyingly dark as an icy breeze cuts across the lonely hill, spiralling patterns dancing across the tall grass.

A wave of nausea grips you as you feel someone's gaze fall upon you.

Sakaki moves into the fulcrux quietly, wings carrying him through the icy breeze as he takes a brief moment to observe his surroundings, moving to kneel before the master shrine and bow his head respectfully in greeting.

The image above churns violently as a hollow voice whispers, "Have you lost your way, city child?"

You say, "Nay, I simply come to offer my respects, Silent Lord. A healthy dose of respect is always good for a mortal seeking to learn more about the basin, as am I always."

The image above trembles faintly as a sense of amusement fills the fulcrux.

Sakaki places two small cakes before the master shrine in offering, an enticing scent drifting from both of them.

You drop a cinnamon sponge cake.

You drop a salted caramel tea cake.

You feel a breath on your cheek as a soft voice whispers in your ear, "Always curious are those of the cities..."

The image above wavers and ripples gently as a cold breeze howls through the fulcrux.

Softly, keeping his head bowed, you say, "It is not much, but I hope you will find enjoyment in these. I baked them personally, being the trademaster of cooking within the Engine."

Nocht tilts His head to one side as He quietly observes you.

You see the following people here:
Nocht, Sakaki.

The image above wavers and ripples gently as a cold breeze howls through the fulcrux.

His expression unreadable, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "How odd..."

You say, "Admittedly, I am a follower of the Lady Enchantress, but I have always carried a... curiosity about all of the divine that cast their gaze over the basin. You are one of the few southern Divine that I had yet to be able to pay my respects to, the other being Lord-and-Lady Thousandfold."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Nocht's lips.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "You live dangerously, city child. Seeking such attention."

Sakaki blushes ever so slightly, knowing that there was truth in Your words.

You say, "True, but by taking such... risks? One gains enlightenment that they may never learn of otherwise."

He is a radiant immortal and alternately imposing and unassuming as He lingers within the shadows, bringing the fabric of darkness to life with His very presence. The stark ebony of His skin is unblemished and smooth, from the aristocratic contours of His face to the slender, musician's hands. Pointed ears stick out from hair of pitch black that cascades down and around His shoulders. Faint pinpricks of light dance within the flowing hair, surrounding it with an effervescent glimmer like starlight. The only colour in His stoic countenance, His eyes are a clear, ethereal blue, each pupil rimmed in a golden starburst which makes His silent, thoughtful gaze appear to pierce to the very soul. He is wearing an ethereal cloak of dark violet hues, a fractured gem suspended from a thin, metal chain, boots of shifting shadow and divine clothing spun from ebon cloth.

Leans in close to whisper in your ear, an oppressive gloom enveloping you, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Sometimes, tainted child, you will get more than you bargained for."

You have emoted: Sakaki looks a little wary, hoping he was not going to regret his visit.

Glancing briefly at your wings, Nocht, the Silent says, "But perhaps I will allow you to leave with your life..."

Nocht, the Silent says, "But there will be an exchange. Nothing is ever granted without price..."

You say, "What is said price?"

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Tell Me the story of why a child of the fae is wallowing in the dirt with our... civilized neighbors?"

You say, "In truth, it is my devotion to the Lady Enchantress. She has always looked upon me favourably and kindly, She has always given sound advice as I was growing and cast off my furry aslaran body, gaining these tainted wings in turn. I have at times considered returning to the trees, but... well... I wish to remain loyal to my Lady and to my brothers and sisters of the shadow."

Nocht regards you silently for several moments, the shadows around him churning slowly.

You say, "Some may call such devotion foolish, or blind, but my eyes are clear and I have yet to regret such choice. I balance my life within the dirt and stone with time spent within the trees when I can."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Nocht's lips.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "It will catch up with you in time, child."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "But you have your freedom to leave when you wish. Do give dearest Drocilla my regards..."

Nocht turns away, His body winking out of existence.

The boughs of the large blackthorn moan loudly as they shake, sending a new shower of petals cascading across the fulcrux.

You say, "Indeed I will, Silent Lord. Thank you for Your presence."

You stand before the wavering image of the night sky, your arms spread wide. In an instant, shadowy tendrils shoot out and wrap around as they forcibly drag you into the image. All fades to black before you are suddenly hurled into a dark cavern.
Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Nocht knows how to be both frightening(in an awesome way).
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback