Serenguard Storytime

edited October 2016 in Event Scrolls
Post is too long, so descriptions are in a reply.

You tilt back your head and inhale deeply through your nose, the whiskers of a wolf's snout upon your face twitching as you sense the faint traces of others in the surrounding area.
You make out the scent of Everiine coming from atop the tallest hill.
You make out the scent of Torgaddon coming from atop the tallest hill.
You make out the scent of Awdwyn coming from atop the tallest hill.

--- What's going on! ---

You lift a hand languidly and send a moonbeam to Everiine.

You gently rise into the air and dance along a moonbeam to Everiine.

Atop the tallest hill. (Serenwilde Forest.)
Jagged arcs of vivid red light pierce the air, cast from a war shrine of Maylea nearby. Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. It is warm and quite pleasant. The grass here has been neatly tended, the blades shorter and brighter than those on the surrounding foothills, and totally absent of weeds. At the very top is a curious dip in the hill. The cause of this anomaly is unknown, but it has an almost ominous feeling that demands respect. The soil is firm and even all around. A menacing silence hangs in the air, the nearby sounds closed out by an undiscernible force. Taking up a portion of the hilltop is a centaur scoop, its leather dome casting the grasses in a long shadow. Tokota Snowmane, the centaur elder, gazes at the sky, looking for omens. Tucked in the corner of the scoop, a circular, brass astrolabe stands here upon a simple stone pedestal. Adushoc zi'Prouep quietly stands here, an elegant white robe flowing about her crystalline form. Protected from the elements by the scoop's dome, an astrological themed journal rests here, open-faced. High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother is here. Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire is here. Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter is here.

Proudly standing at full attention, you slam a fist against your body in a fierce tribal salute that reverberates throughout your body.

Shifting his attention to you, Everiine powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Awdwyn dips her head before greeting Tokota.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother asks Awdwyn, "What did he think?"

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "He sounded interested."

Glancing briefly at each of you, you say, "All well? Am I intruding?"

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "Who knows. When the time comes, maybe I will be his guide."

The corners of Awdwyn's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to you, "Not at all!"

A fierce timberwolf rushes in quickly, circling you briefly before settling at your side.

The glowing fireflies confound your vision with their chaotic dance.

You have emoted: Breandryn's stare lingers on Everiine for a heartbeat longer than the rest, a faint frown twisting her lips for the barest moment as her eyes focus on his feathers. An eyeblink later, her gaze has shifted, eyes widening as she watches the dancing fireflies.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says to Everiine, "I admit I still think about my next quest to prove myself to brother jaguar but I don't dwell on it for so long that I get frightened."

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to Tokota Snowmane, "I hope we are not crowding your scoop!"

Head bobbing about as she traces the skirling swoop of the fireflies, you say to Everiine, "It's all right, High Chief. I am fairly small."

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to Awdwyn, "It can be frightening. But you are already His Hunter. That means something."

Awdwyn nods her head emphatically.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "And that is a quest I won't forget anytime soon."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire asks, "Hunter or huntress?"

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "I perfer hunter."

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "I am proud to be jaguar's hunter."

A fierce timberwolf pads quietly around the gathered Serenguard, sniffing briefly at each one, before he circles back the the Faeling's side.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "Sounds great."

Torgaddon smiles warmly, showing canine teeth.

You have emoted: Breandryn is silent for a span, trying her best to figure out what is being discussed through context. Her brow furrows, and she finally asks, "Are we conducting a vision quest?"

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "I was speaking of the quests I have done and the ones I have yet to do as I journey the spirit paths."

Everiine shakes his head. "No, we are not. We all just happened to gather here in my brother's scoop, one by one," he says with a chuckle. "Vision quests are held in the sacred circles."

You have emoted: Breandryn flushes at her wrong answer, and nods faintly. "Someday, I'd like to do one," she quietly muses. "Or many."

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "I hope to be the warrior of both brother jaguar and brother eagle before trying to attempt the last path knowing how dangerous it will be."

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to you, "I hope, too, that you will do many."

You have emoted: "Dangerous?" Breandryn echoes in confusion. "Aren't they just...visions?" She frowns, trying to find words to describe what she's imagined them to be. "Like...pretending. Or dreaming?"

Everiine shakes his head slowly and gravely. "Have you heard the tale of the Foolish Warrior?" he asks.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says to Everiine, "You havent told her that story?"

Uncertainly, you say, "Is it a story about me?"

Everiine shakes his head at you.

You have emoted: A faint look of relief crosses Breandryn's face. "I haven't, then," she answers.

Ushering everyone into the scoop, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "Then gather around, and hear the tale."

You have emoted: "Wait!" Breandryn interrupts. Her cheeks flush, and she asks, "Should we invite Mythridox?"

Awdwyn sits close to Everiine as he prepares to tell the tale.

Nodding his feathered head, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to you, "That is a good idea."

You have emoted: Again, Breandryn's stare lingers briefly on the feathers, before she nods, settling down into a cross-legged seat on the soil. The wolf mimics her, twisting in a tight circle before he, too, sprawls on the ground, tongue lolling out as he rests his head on her knee.

Awdwyn settles close to Everiine to listen.

You have emoted: Breandryn absently runs her fingers through the wolf's fur, long ears twitching once, as she quietly waits for the storytelling.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother asks you, "Would you like to invite him?"

You have emoted: Breandryn blinks at that, glancing up, and then nods faintly. "I can," she says.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says to Everiine, "After this tale father you maybe could tell the tale of how Adasser became wolverine's kit too."

You have emoted: "He's gone," Breandryn says after a moment of concentration, tone disappointed.

You have emoted: Breandryn blinks. "...And back again," she corrects herself.

You tell Unblooded Mythridox, "Would you like to join us to hear a Serenguard story?"

You tell Unblooded Mythridox, "We are atop the highest hill in the forest, with Tokota the centaur. Coordinates 1116."

Mythridox tells you, "Hey Breandryn! I'll be there shortly."

Shifting his attention to Mythridox, Everiine powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Gesturing to the assembled group, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to Mythridox, "Please, take a seat."

You have emoted: Breandryn smiles slightly up at Mythridox from where she sits cross-legged on the ground, one hand crossing over her own chest to mirror the salute. The other flicks slightly at the ear of the wolf sprawled beside her. The beast lets out a soft snort, one eye opening briefly, before he returns to his lazy dozing.

Mythridox sits himself down.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother smiles and says to Adushoc zi'Prouep, "You and Tokota are of course welcome to listen to the tale as well."

Everiine stands before the seated crowd and folds his wings to his back. He coughs into his fist and straightens his back to stand stoic and formal. "This is the tale of the Foolish Warrior," he states, beginning his recitation.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "Attempting to follow the first Spirit War, he sets out on his quest. He does not prepare for many years. He is a warrior of the forest in name only. He ignores the wisdom of Great Moon-and-Hart and heeds not Their teachings. He tramples the wilds underfoot. He regards the fae with disdain. He does not answer the call when his people are in need."

You have emoted: Breandryn's lips slowly pull into a frown as each facet of this "warrior" is described. Her hand stills its absent petting, resting atop the wolf's shoulder.

Turning to the south and pointing to a hidden point way down by Moon River, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "He finds a sacred place at which the veil between mortal and spirit realms wears thin. He performs the necessary acts to gain access to the realm of the Warrior Spirits, though his heart is not in them. His spirit crawls from his body and enters the spirit realm to face his test."

The Mark of the Jaguar burned into the trill's face almost glows, faintly. With an overtone of a ferocious growl in his voice, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "The Hunter finds him first. Startled by his presence, He regards him with suspicion, then disdain; the Hunt begins! He is overwhelmed by the Hunter's skill. He cannot adapt. He is no hunter. He is prey. He never learns, never improves, and he is caught. He is defeated by the Hunter. "Turn back! Turn back!" he is warned. He presses on."

You have emoted: Breandryn's eyes widen as the story continues. She bites her lip - it's clear that she's bursting with questions - and remains silent, listening intently.

His voice returning to normal, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "The Predator finds him second. Startled by his presence, She regards him with suspicion, then disdain; the Battle begins! She attacks, relentless, and he flees in terror, but cannot escape. His counterattacks are weak and feeble. His skills are crude, and he has no focus. He is defeated by the Predator. "Turn back! Turn back!" he is warned. He presses on."

A rabbit leaps up from the grass ahead of you.

A fierce timberwolf's head lifts suddenly, eyes scanning the hilltop behind you as he watches a rabbit leap quickly through the grasses. Deeming the chase too much effort, he flops back down in the dirt.

A faint blue haze emanates from between the trill's silver wings. With an overtone of a harsh cry in his voice, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "The Seer finds him third. Startled by his presence, He regards him with suspicion, then disdain; the Challenge begins! He is unable to see clearly, blind and surrounded by darkness. He has seen little of the world and understands it even less. He is already a fool, and can be taught no more. He is defeated by the Seer. "Turn back! Turn back!" he is warned. He presses on."

Speaking gravely, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "At the end of his journey, he finds the Hunter, the Seer, and the Predator. They tell him that he is no warrior at all, mastering neither spiritual nor physical nor martial disciplines. He has defiled Their realm with his failures, and together They place but one Mark on his body, the mark of Death. They destroy him utterly, and he dies. "We warned you! We warned you!" They remind him, trapping his Foolish spirit in endless torture. Even now, he stalks the realm of the Warrior Spirits, seeking to entice other seekers from their paths."

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "Beware the Foolish Warrior, who is negligent in his preparation, deceitful in his intentions, and derelict in his duty!"

Everiine ends his tale and relaxes his posture.

Torgaddon straightens his armor, shifting his weight from foot to foot, tapping a finger on his chin, contemplating.

Showing that he understands, Mythridox nods his head slowly.

You have emoted: Breandryn is silent, spellbound by the brutal conclusion. Finally, eyes wide, she slowly nods, quietly whispering to the wolf, "We need to practice more."

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "There is more than just practicing to it."

A fierce timberwolf merely flops his tail once, noncommittal.

You have emoted: Breandryn looks over at Awdwyn. "What else is needed?" she asks.

Torgaddon Hartfire rests his blue eyes on Awdwyn.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "It also takes being able to take what the spirits have to teach you and apply it all to your daily life."

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "I remember the quest that sticks with me most besides the quest to prove myself jaguar's hunter."

You have emoted: Breandryn nods slowly, brow furrowing as she considers the enormity of that task.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "You know the one I am thinking of right father?"

Torgaddon Hartfire looks over at Everiine.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother asks Awdwyn, "Is it the one in which I learned you did not know how to climb?"

Awdwyn shakes her head.

Torgaddon Hartfire watches the interplay between Everiine and Awdwyn.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "It was my last guided quest along the path of brother jaguar with the servant we never saw."

Everiine's feathers flutter at the memory. He closes his eyes, replicating the darkness for a fleeting moment. "Aye, I remember that one."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire asks Everiine, "How come you never said you had a daughter?"

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother asks Torgaddon, "Why did you never ask?"

You have emoted: "High Chief Everiine considers us all family," Breandryn solemnly interjects.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Everiine, "Good question."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Everiine, "Moreover, I met your wife too before any introductions."
Nodding in agreement, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to you, "That is also true. The Serenguard are blood kin, literally, by our shared oath. And the centaurs are my kin according to their traditions."

Mythridox lays back, arms crossed behind his head and momentarily admires the stars.

You have emoted: Breandryn grows very quiet at that answer. She shifts her weight, obviously a bit uncomfortable, and her eyes narrow in thought. "I don't understand," she finally says. "How do we become blood-kin by saying words?"

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says to you, "The quests with a guide can be dangerous but walking the path of sister wolverine is doublely so because there is no one to act as a guide."

Everiine Silvermoon shows you his palm. Cutting across it is a nasty-looking scar. "When we say the words, we cut our hands and let our blood mix. In that way, we carry the blood of every Serenguard within ourselves. We are all of one blood," he explains.

Mythridox realised he ran out of cupcakes and begins to despair.

Torgaddon Hartfire peers at Everiine's scared hand. "You know I don't really get scars, my body regenerates quite well."

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to Torgaddon, "Some scars are worth keeping."

Torgaddon looks up to find the words before commenting.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "I don't know High Chief, any scar is a wicked thing, in my books."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "Mental scars, physical scars."

You have emoted: Breandryn studies Everiine's palm, falling silent again. A flush slowly begins to rise in her cheeks, deepening as it rises all the way up to the tips of her ears. Very slowly, so as not to attract attention, she shifts her weight, hands gradually sliding down her legs to tuck underneath her, hidden away from sight.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to Torgaddon, "And yet, by erasing our scars, do we deny our experiences, even if they are painful? I would not keep all scars. But I do bear some, willingly or unwillingly."

Torgaddon Hartfire rests his blue eyes on Everiine with his lips tugging into a warm smile, mouth flanked by two canine teeth as he smiles warmly.

Mythridox calms down as he finds a bread loaf in his loboshigaru tribal pack and beings to nibble on it contentedly.

The howl of a distant wolf momentarily silences the crickets.

A fierce timberwolf's ear twitches and his head lifts, hearing a distant call of another wolf. He sits up, sniffing at the wind, and then rises, shaking his coat with a body shiver, before he quietly pads off into the forest.

You have emoted: Breandryn remains silent through this exchange, biting her lip with a touch of anxiety. When she manages to muster the courage, she eventually asks, voice very quiet, "...What if we don't have any scars to keep or lose?"

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Everiine, "High Chief, no one, and I mean no one will ever trample on your wisdom, you are by far the wisest among us, you do not need to hang on your experiences to be counted as one of us. It is by your very nature that you are wise and stoic, you are High Chief Everiine."

Mythridox nods his head at Torgaddon, showing his acceptance.

Everiine Silvermoon was about to answer your question when Torgaddon's declaration catches him completely by surprise. For a moment, he simply blinks his deep emerald eyes, then answers, "Thank you, Great Chieftain. It is those very experiences that have helped to define who I am." Regaining his composure, he turns to you. "Few people begin their lives with scars. They are acquired as we walk our own chosen paths. Some acquire more than others."

You have emoted: "What, if we've acquired...umm...none..." Breandryn tentatively asks, a concerned look on her face. "Not even the tribe's scar..."

Torgaddon Hartfire strides over to Everiine, invading his personal space and hits him on the shoulder in a tribal custom, palm open, jovially laughing as he friendly shakes Everiine's shoulder. "We are family, High Chief!" He proclaims.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire asks you, "Why do you blush so?"

Again, Everiine Silvermoon was about to answer you when he is literally thrown off balance by Torgaddon. This time, he laughs and resettles his wings. "Warden, did you go through the Oath ceremony?"

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to you, "You are among family."

You have emoted: Breandryn glances down at her feet. She's barefoot today, and she contemplatively wiggles her toes, evading the question. "I recited an oath," she half-answers.

Torgaddon settles down again, looking at something in the distance as he thinks on something, obviously jovial at the sight of so many Serenguard.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Everiine, "High Chief, I have not scared my hand in the oath, that is what Breandryn is saying. We have not had what your right."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "Neither me, nor Breandryn have not done these things."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "Nor do I object to tradition, for which if willing we can share in a bloodletting ceremony."

Everiine Silvermoon smiles softly and crosses the gathering to you. He pulls a small dagger from his belt, an ancient looking blade so richly decorated it must only be used for ceremonial purposes these days. "Would you like to?" he asks, holding the dagger hilt-side towards you.

You have emoted: Breandryn blinks up as Torgaddon clarifies matters on her behalf. Reluctantly, she shifts her weight, hands lifting to present them, palm upwards. The flesh is unblemished, save for the usual nicks and scrapes and callouses of a hunter.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "But, we can do this all three when the Unblooded goes through his oath."

Mythridox beams broadly.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to you, "You want a bigger sword."

With a flourish, Torgaddon draws a forestal claymore from a totemic scabbard.

Torgaddon holds out his claymore, the forestal greatsword gleaming.

You have emoted: Breandryn frowns uncertainly, eying the blade. "That's as big as me," she says, confused.

With a flourish, Torgaddon slips a forestal claymore into a totemic scabbard.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire whispers, "That was a joke."

You blush furiously.

You have emoted: Breandryn whispers back, "I'm sorry."

Torgaddon Hartfire looks over at Everiine.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "It is up to the two of you, Breandryn and Torgaddon, if you wish to mix your blood now or later. I am sorry that it did not happen at your Oaths."
Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "I have vague memories of my own oath taking and I dont remember if I did the same at mine either."

Torgaddon waves his hand dismissively. "I shall do it now. That is why we have you, High Chief Everiine. Set us on the paths of tradition."

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "The only thing that sticks out for me is that it was just me and urdnot."

You have emoted: Breandryn glances between Torgaddon and Everiine, wings faintly quivering. "Whenever is best," she answers, content to follow the lead of the tribe Chiefs.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Everiine, "Hold out the blade, High Chief. Let us all gather around, we will cut our hands and then commence the ceremony."

Mythridox stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Mythridox, "Not quite yet, unblooded, at your oath."

Unblooded Mythridox says, "Sorry, my legs fell asleep."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "No worries."

Mythridox grins sheepishly, a faint blush in his cheeks.

Everiine Silvermoon makes eye contact with you and Torgaddon. Holding the blade against his scarred hand, he swipes it downward, opening up a deep gash that immediately spills blood onto the ground. Clenching his fist, he hands the dagger to Torgaddon.

Awdwyn comes to stand near Everiine and the others.

Torgaddon Hartfire takes the dagger and cuts the palm of his hand, giving the dagger to the closest Serenguard, he passes it off to you.

You have emoted: Breandryn joins the rest of the Serenguard in standing, wings fluttering open to steady her. She watches as Everiine slashes his own palm, a solemn sense of decorum settling over her. When she is handed the dagger, she pauses a moment, eyes tracing the ancient patterns scrawling across the hilt, before she exhales softly, eyes closing as her hand wraps around the blade.

Torgaddon Hartfire nudges you and points to Awdwyn, indicating to hand it off to her.

You have emoted: Swiftly and silently, Breandryn pulls the dagger away from her hand, blade slicing a deep cut across her palm. She nods quietly, and passes the knife on.

Awdwyn takes the dager before openning up her right hand and slicing the blade across her palm.

Torgaddon Hartfire nods to Awdwyn. He holds out his bleeding hand in the middle of the circle gathered. He looks over at Everiine, ready to begin, the first to put his hand in the center.

Everiine Silvermoon takes Torgaddon's bleeding hand in his own and nods to Awdwyn and you. "Come and join us."

Awdwyn extends her right hand out next to Everiine and Torgaddon's.

You have emoted: Breandryn steps closer, rising on her toes as she lifts her arm, stretching as high as she can to reach the much taller members of the tribe. Blood trickles down her palm, circling her wrist and spiraling down her arm in a thin tendril.

Torgaddon grasps each Serenguard hand, gripping tightly uniting them all in the center, one blood.

Torgaddon Hartfire nods to you then nods to Awdwyn then nodding finally to Everiine. His lips pursing as he looks upon the Serenguard with a proud look. His posture a little straighter.

You have emoted: Breandryn is quiet, staring at the intertwined hands. Slowly her gaze shifts, sliding downwards to fix on the pool forming in the dirt below, dark and spreading as the blood intermingles to feed the earth.

The intial grabs make Everiine wince, but the pain soon dulls, and the old trill nods to each Serenguard. All the same color, the blood streams mix with each other to drip and flow as one, staining the ground. "You have each sworn an oath to defend and protect our people. I now ask you to affirm that oath with me." Taking a deep breath, he raises his voice high with his kin as together they proclaim: "I am a warrior in the ranks of the Serenguard. I am a Watcher beneath the light of Mother Moon and a Guardian before the gaze of Brother White Hart. My duties are to those of the Serenwilde, the physical form and the spiritual being. I serve the ieals for which the Serenwilde survives. I shall adhere to and uphold the Sacred Leaves of the Serenwilde commune. I shall act with sense of honour and respect, that I may never bring shame upon my commune or my tribe. I shall tone my body and my mind, ever seeking improvement in the way of the Warrior, such that I will always be prepared to defend my charge. I shall ever seek to aid my compatriots and allies in traveling their paths. I am Seren. For as long as I walk within the Basin of Life, I shall be bound by this oath. Should I break my word, there shall be no respite, no safe haven from the retribution of my bretheren."

Everiine kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raises his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Torgaddon kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raises his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Awdwyn kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, her eyes ablaze with tribal rage as she raises her weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Everiine releases his tight grip on the hands of his brother and sisters, and slams his bloody fist against his chest in a fierce tribal salute.

Proudly standing at full attention, Awdwyn slams a fist against her chest in a fierce tribal salute that reverberates throughout her body.

Torgaddon looks at his hand where he cut himself, the regenerative properties already taken root. He clinches his fist and the excess blood trickles down to the earth. He slams his fist against his armor in a tribal salute.

You have emoted: Everiine's words draw Breandryn's gaze back upwards, eyes wide as she listens to him recite the oath. She swallows once, and nods, beginning to speak the same words. "I, Breandryn, am a warrior in the ranks of the Serenguard." At first, her voice is merely a faint echo of the High Chief's own shout. As she speaks, however, reciting her sworn duties, her tone strengthens, rising gradually as an undercurrent of resolve begins to thrum in her voice. She recites the oath, ending on a high, clear note, finally crying out the tribal words: "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Everiine meets the eyes of every Serenguard present. "If you had any doubts that you shared the blood of the warriors of the woods, let those doubts be put to rest," he states.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Everiine, "Question High Chief."

You have emoted: Breandryn lets her hand drop, making no effort to staunch the wound. Instead, she merely looks to each member of the tribe, a smile slowly creeping across her face. Bowing her head, she states, "Thank you."

(Braves): Everiine says, "Hail, Brave Mumbles."
(Braves): Mumbles says, "Hail!"
(Braves): You say, "Hail, Mumbles! You just missed an impromptu ceremony, but maybe High Chief Everiine will tell another story?"

Mumbles arrives from the north.

Shifting his attention to Mumbles, Everiine powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Proudly standing at full attention, Mumbles slams a fist against his chest in a fierce tribal salute that reverberates throughout his body.

Shifting her attention to Mumbles, Awdwyn powerfully slams a fist against her own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Shifting his attention to Mumbles, Mythridox powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Torgaddon raises the Living Rod of Hart and Moon overhead with a ceremonial flourish, concluding the guild rite.
Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
Your spirits are uplifted by the rite, and you feel that you have learned something.
You gasp with the realisation that Mumbles has reached the level of Stalwart.

Mumbles blinks.

Slurring and mumbling, Seren Brave Mumbles says, "Wow! That was an experience!"

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Mumbles, "Aye, Seren Brave, welcome to the Tribe."

You have emoted: Breandryn mirrors the salute, before sinking back down to sit on the dirt again. She crosses her legs, head tilting to one side as she studies her palm, fingers lightly daubing at the mingled blood. She seems content to let it stay, and rests her hand atop one knee.

With slurred speech, Seren Brave Mumbles says to Torgaddon, "Thank you, sir."

Mythridox takes Mumbles by the hand and shakes it warmly.

Unblooded Mythridox says to Mumbles, "Nice to meet you!"

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to Awdwyn, "It will have to be a short story, for an old bird can only tell so many before he gets tired."

Mumbles firmly shakes Mythridox's hand, looking him directly in the eye.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "I must rest, tribe."

Mumbling and slurring, Seren Brave Mumbles says to Mythridox, "Nice to meet you, too."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "It gives great honor to see all of us gathered."

Mythridox beams broadly at Mumbles.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "Be well."

Mumbles offers a broad smile to all those gathered, his display of toothy joy revealing a gaggle of crowded, crooked teeth.

With a low growl, a fierce timberwolf pads in from the north.

A fierce timberwolf pads up the hill, shaking himself once. Leaves and twigs scatter from his coat, the remnants of his hunting, and he approaches the Faeling, circling about to sit beside her. His muzzle is wet with blood, and a long tongue laps out to lick at it.

You have emoted: Breandryn nods silently to the wolf, her uninjured hand extending to lightly rest on his shoulder. The beast sniffs at her wound, head tilting in curiosity, and the girl quietly explains to the wolf, "I am a true, bonded Serenguard, now."

A fierce timberwolf snorts. This seems beyond his comprehension. The girl isn't in pain, so his attention drifts, and he slides down to sprawl on one side.

Awdwyn glances toward the wolf near Breandryn and then looks down thoughtfully.

Unblooded Mythridox says, "Ah, a new day."

Joyfully, Seren Brave Mumbles says to you, "Congratulations!"

You have emoted: Breandryn glances up with a blush, demurring, "We all are, now."

Correcting herself, you say, "Except for you, of course, and Mythridox. Your time will come."

Mythridox nods his head emphatically.

Unblooded Mythridox says, "The ritual that took place makes me even more eager to progress through my training. I will leave you all for a bit and head to the Lodge. Congratulations Breandryn and Awdwyn! Soon I will say my Oath and dedicate my life to protecting the forest of Serenwilde."

Proudly standing at full attention, Mythridox slams a fist against his chest in a fierce tribal salute that reverberates throughout his body.

Returning the salute, you say to Mythridox, "Rest well."

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "I know which story I wouldnt mind hearing again."

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother asks Awdwyn, "The story of how Adasser became Wolverine's Kit? Or Wolverine's Mask?"

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "Wolverine's kit."

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says to Everiine, "I didnt think that story was so long father but if you know a shorter one that will be fine."

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says to Awdwyn, "Oh, I will tell the tale you desire. It will just be... less detailed than it could."

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "Should you wish to hear a different perspective on the tale, you can ask Adasser himself. If you do not know him, he is stationed at the Moonhart Mother Tree as the personal guard of the Maiden Miakoda."

Mumbles smiles and turns to face Everiine.

Beginning his tale, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "When Adasser approached me and asked for a vision quest, I could not believe it. I had known Adasser for years, and let us say that I was... not impressed. Further, he sought to travel the path of Sister Wolverine, a path that has no guides, no protection. Nevertheless, I agreed to his request."

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "We made the usual preparations and met at the sacred circles. Performing the ritual that would send our spirits to the realm of the Warrior Spirits, we began our journey, arriving in a snow-covered tundra. We knew that if we did not succeed quickly, we would certainly freeze to death."

Flaring his wings and adopting a more dramatic pose, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "Suddenly, an arrow whistled through the air and struck the snow beside us--a hunting party! We scrambled through the snow, but were not quick enough. An arrow grazed Adasser and another pierced my wing. Somehow, we managed to escape the party, and we found a cave. But it was not safety we encountered inside."

You have emoted: Breandryn intently listens, idly stroking the wolf's pelt. The beast lazily shifts his body, head tilting to place his ears in the path of her fingers. Absently, she scratches behind them, attention on the story.

Mumbles stabs the tip of his claymore into the ground, idly leaning forward against it. His eyes and attention stay locked on Everiine.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "The cave was the home of a snow leopard, a servant of Sister Wolverine. It tackled Adasser to the ground, its claws pierc--" Shaken by the memory, the trill pauses to collect himself. "--its claws piercing Adasser's chest. I fought it off; well, more like, I stunned it, giving myself time to drag Adasser a short distance to safety. But he would have none of if. As he bled on the stone floor of the cave, he demanded an answer from the leopard: an answer the snow leopard, seeing its prey bleeding to death, granted."

You have emoted: Breandryn's eyes widen as the story's danger heightens, and she finds herself leaning forwards in anticipation of the answer.

High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "The snow leopard told Adasser that he who strikes first and fastest often need not strike again. And so it departed, leaving Adasser to die. I mustered all my will, calling on the Hunter and the Seer, to open a way back to the sacred circles. Thankfully, we were quick enough, and the healers of the Serenwilde nursed Adasser back to health. Thus did he emerge from his vision quest as Wolverine's Kit."

Clearly moved by the tale, Everiine turns away for a moment to compose himself.

Mumbles whistles appreciatively.

Slurring his speech, Seren Brave Mumbles says, "That was a grand story!"

You have emoted: Breandryn is still for a span, still caught by the words of the story, before she slowly nods in acceptance of the wisdom of the leopard - and her mistress, Wolverine.

Awdwyn shakes her head for a moment.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says to you, "And the danger of going without a guide is a reason I want to prove myself both jaguar's warrior and eagle's warrior before attempting that path."

Considering this, you say, "That sounds wise, yes."

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "I cant deny when that time comes I will be scared but if I have learned anything from my journey on the paths it is you cant let fear rule your life you have to face it down and confront it to overcome."

Mumbles nods his head in agreement.

You have emoted: Breandryn glances back down at her hand. The blood has dried, leaving her palm covered in streaks of flaky crimson. The sight elicits a faint smile, and her gaze lifts. "I know I will be brave, when my time comes for my quests," she says firmly. "I have the entire tribe supporting me."

Mumbles's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Everiine turns back to the gathered Serenguard and folds his wings to his back.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says to you, "I have one more guided quest before I can prove myself eagle's hunter."

Head tilting in interest, you say to Awdwyn, "How do you know when you are ready?"

Awdwyn ponders the situation.

Looking tired, High Chief Everiine Silvermoon the Wise, Centaur Brother says, "You must forgive me, Serenguard. I need to rest."

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "Well part of it is knowing in your heart that you are ready to prove yourself the other part is being able to get the tribe gathered for the event."

Awdwyn hugs Everiine compassionately.

Serenguard Awdwyn, Jaguar's Hunter says, "Rest well father."

Seren Brave Mumbles says to Awdwyn, "Stay safe!"

Everiine hugs Awdwyn compassionately.

Shifting his attention to Mumbles, Everiine powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Shifting his attention to you, Everiine powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

You have emoted: Breandryn considers Awdwyn's words thoughtfully, before she stifles a yawn of her own. "I should be resting, too," she says, gaze shifting to the wolf. He's already beaten her to it, sides slowly rising and falling in a languid breath as he emits a wheezing snore.

Awdwyn pets a fierce timberwolf ingratiatingly.

You say to a fierce timberwolf, "Lazy."

A fierce timberwolf cracks open one eye and huffs at the girl, before returning to his slumber.

Awdwyn waves goodbye.

Mumbles's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Slurring his speech, Seren Brave Mumbles says to you, "Stay safe!"

You have emoted: Breandryn nudges the wolf away from her so she can rise. She crosses her fist over her chest in the tribal salute, saying, "It was nice to meet you, Brave." A pause, and then she says, "...I think. I can't quite unders-".

You have emoted: Breandryn halts herself, flushing. More diplomatically, she continues, "I'm sure I'll hear more from you, soon."

Mumbles laughs and shakes his head. He make a concerted effort to speak clearly, "Too many teeth in the mouth. I'm sure combat will take care of that in time!" He waves, "Take care."

A fierce timberwolf growls faintly as he's prodded to stand. He gives you a cursory sniff, but it's obvious that he's more interested in resuming his nap than figuring out what type of beast Mumbles is.

--- And then we all went to bed ---

Comments

• Awdwyn:
    She is a ferocious loboshigaru and at six feet in height she is about average for her height. She is covered from head to toe in dark chocolate brown fur. Sapphire blue eyes gleam with intelligence. Muscular shoulders and arms lead to nimble hands and fingers. a jontily plumed tail wags from behind her. She is completely naked.

Everiine:
    He is a feathered trill and looks like an old, wise bird. Healed scars from battles fought long ago cross the bronze skin of his tall, lithe body suited for flying that is in decent shape for its age, though it lacks the definition of a seasoned warrior and bears quite a few more wrinkles. A cloak of silver feathers tipped in blue covers the two great broad wings that sprout from his back, and similar feathers crown his head with a magnificent, stately crest. Beads and feathered charms woven into the crest, old tribal tokens and ritual fetishes, clink together with every movement. Completing his bird-like appearance are eyes like emeralds that sit slightly recessed on either side of a hawkish nose, and a slight frown pulls on the corners of his mouth. He bears a vivid blue Mark of the Eagle encompassing a dark feather, a swirling orange Mark of the Jaguar, seven tribal stripes, and a tribal Mark of Nintoba. He is wearing 2 squirrel-tailed scabbards, a clear ring, a pendant of silver birches, 2 iridescent white rings of twining feathers, a light blue coral ring, a blood droplet ring, a headhunter's trophy belt, 2 etched beryl rings, a rustic patchwork satchel, a plain loincloth, a smooth pearl ring, a pair of vined forestwalker's boots and a frost-touched white rose. Tattooed on his fingers is an illustration of totemic animal spirits.

Torgaddon:
    <forgot to get, will edit in. He's a wolf-dude>

Breandryn:
    She is a nimble faeling wild demigoddess and is all angular elbows and knees with a hungry, waifish build, her scrawny arms and gangly legs giving her an awkward, coltish demeanor, the impression heightened by her rather tall (for a Faeling) height, roughly that of an Elfen child. Long hair tangles about her face in a dark cloud, the sooty shade contrasting sharply with her pale skin. Heightening this pairing, a thick band of charcoal paint rakes across her face, outlining blue eyes in a dark smudge. A set of bat-like, leathery wings unfolds behind her, membranes translucent and tinted with swirling purples and blues in the stained-glass patterning of a butterfly. Mirroring these hues, intricate woad tattoos have been inked all over her body, twisting and spiralling across her skin in exotic accents. Bits of antler, beads and feathers have been woven through her hair, while trinkets and talismans hang from her neck, wrist and waist, softly clicking and clacking with each step. She is wearing an antlered forestal headdress, a conical, nexus headdress, a silver crown of leaves, a wolf's snout, the Horned Helm of the Moonhart, 8 twining herbal rings, a round escutcheon brooch, a rugged, fur-lined leather pack, a feral, fang-and-fur-trimmed hunting suit, a camouflaged hunting cloak, a vibrant sunflower, a brilliant white rose and a twilight blue rose.

Mythridox:
    He is a regal aslaran. He is wearing a wayfaring coat, soft, dark brown suede boots, a loboshigaru tribal pack, loose black trousers, a simple belt of black leather, a jade leaf ring, a thin turquoise band, a pair of fingerless rabbit and carrot gloves and a smooth pearl ring.

Mumbles:
    He is a menacing orclach and has a stature of seven feet. He has a robust figure that beguiles his height, making him seem more squat than he is. A mottled gray complexion covers a long, clean shaven face with high cheekbones, a large, hooked nose, and a prominent underbite. A snaggletooth in the form of a fang-like tooth protrudes from his lower right lip. His ears hook back sharply at their top, extending towards the back of his head. The hook of his ears are all the more prominent due to his shaved head. He is wearing a canvas backpack, plain grey trousers, a pair of glassblade gloves, a Seren Brave jacket of quiescent potential and an iridescent white ring of twining feathers.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    So uh... I totally missed that you moonbeamed to me. That's what I get for trying to set up one laptop while playing on the other. Thanks for logging all of this!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.