The Current Tedium of Using the Gaudy Glamrock

I would like to purchase the Gaudy Glamrock, but it's my understanding that you currently have to re-create your outfits every 12 RL days or so. I suppose you could code around it, but it does seem unnecessarily tedious to me. I get that it's to prevent people from creating permanent outfits when they would otherwise have to buy new clothes, and that makes sense, but could we please have them last much longer than that before decaying? That would preserve the intent while also reducing the tedium of using the Glamrock.

Equally, I would like to see the outfit or glamour or whatever it's called you're wearing preserved not only through death - as I believe it works currently - but also when you're logged out. That would also reduce the clunkiness of using it for RP outfits.

Either way, though, it's a cool artifact and I -do- get that the outfits decay for a reason. But currently these factors, especially the first, are keeping me from fully feeling like committing to the purchase, and I thought maybe others might feel the same way.

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I think about everyone of us who has a glamrock silently mutters to themselves whenever their outfits decay. Like aramel, I do have triggers that do recreate my outfits for me whenever I lose them, but it is still a little tedious, as is putting them up every time I log in.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    At that point, couldn't you just as easily (or MORE easily) just have the real clothes in a pack and trigger yourself to put them on in the outfits you want? Swap into armor for combat or hunting along the same lines - no one will be looking at your outfit in the middle of combat and it makes a lot of sense to have a set of "going to get bloody" clothes. 
  • My glamrock is probably my favorite artifact so far - I don't need to have my character strip down in front of a group to get her roleplay on, or strip down to change into her begging gear, or have to run off to find a semi-private room to change in.

It would be so, so, so nice if the different outfits lasted longer than the time they do. I love my glamrock, but dang, it sometimes feels like I've signed up for an extra inconvenience with it.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Enyalida said:
    At that point, couldn't you just as easily (or MORE easily) just have the real clothes in a pack and trigger yourself to put them on in the outfits you want? Swap into armor for combat or hunting along the same lines - no one will be looking at your outfit in the middle of combat and it makes a lot of sense to have a set of "going to get bloody" clothes. 

Well the glamrock also allows you to hide all the artifacts that you want but aren't all that pretty to carry around and only sohw the pieces you want people to see.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.