How often do you disconnect from Lusternia?

edited December 2016 in Common Grounds
I find myself disconnecting all the time from Lusternia and it feels like this happens more lately, and more often than in other IREs, but this is purely anecdotal. Does anyone else ever get disconnected?

EDIT: Yes, I know there is not an option for no disconnects. I can't edit polls.

Comments

• Where's the "I don't" option!

Personally I only DC from IRE games in general either when they have scheduled shutdowns (which are rare anyway), or when my router decides it wants to kick the bucket and restart itself. (Which is probably once or twice a month)
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Echoing the I dont typically disconnect.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Hmm I guess I can't edit polls. 

I wonder why I d/c so much. The rest of my internet doesn't go down, it's just my connection to Lusty. Some other people have mentioned it as well, so I don't think it's just me. I wonder what factors affect our connection to the game...
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I never disconnect except when the game itself crashes (a couple times a year, maybe).  No good option in this poll for me!
  • edited December 2016
    I don't. Maybe it's something to do with your wifi signal? I had horrendous wifi (it always showed connected, but was just a bit slow enough to be problematic) due to the apt I was living in once and was being dropped from lusternia/skype/mc constantly, had to use direct ethernet link.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • I'll look into that! It's been like this since I started, though it feels worse lately. I had just assumed that was how Lusty was or that perhaps it was related to the lag. I feel silly for this poll now, can someone delete it?
  • Orventa said:
    I don't. Maybe it's something to do with your wifi signal? I had horrendous wifi (it always showed connected, but was just a bit slow enough to be problematic) due to the apt I was living in once and was being dropped from lusternia/skype/mc constantly, had to use direct ethernet link.
    This is what I was thinking the problem was, too. Used to disconnect a ton when my computer was in my room, because our wifi wasn't that great. Latency got wonky, so the game (not just IRE, there were a few games that did it) would just boot me off.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • I get the occasional odd disconnect but it usally happens when I'm semi afk in a manse.
  • I DC a lot but I just shake my fist at this NBN and blame Mr.P.M.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I disconnect pretty frequently using mudlet on my Windows PC (basically any time I don't send any commands for awhile it will disconnect). When I have mudlet open in my Linux VM on the same PC it never disconnects. I also never get disconnected on my Chromebook using the web client. I have given up trying to figure out what the deal is.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Thax said:
    I disconnect pretty frequently using mudlet on my Windows PC (basically any time I don't send any commands for awhile it will disconnect).
    I've got this same issue. Maybe I need to experiment with other clients, hmm.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Vivet said:
    Thax said:
    I disconnect pretty frequently using mudlet on my Windows PC (basically any time I don't send any commands for awhile it will disconnect).
    This happens to me occasionally, as well.
  • Vivet said:
    Thax said:
    I get that as well. It takes like a lot of time though so like only when afking in the manse. Maybe a mudlet bug more than anything else.
  • Vivet said:
    Thax said:
    Things like MMF's gagged pipe-lighting option counters this issue fine enough. And you don't even notice!
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • I don't disconnect unless my own internet is down so I'm not really counting that, I freeze more than anything though. For example, the event last night where we were all attacking the Sun druids - I was still connected, but everything filtered through about 5 mins later and I felt bad I didn't help. Or there was a big big Astral hunt? Same thing happened and when it came back I was at the Moonhart because I had died. 
    Now, I'm not saying it's Lusternia's fault, I'm using a really old laptop while my one is being fixed, and we're up home for Christmas with terrible internet :(
    ill be getting it back Monday so I'll see if there's any changes when I've it back and using the internet back in my own home. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I find most days I've disconnected at some point over night. Not always, but pretty regularly. Not sure why! 

• mmmh....never happened so far...
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I never have the problem on my desktop, but on both laptops I've had the past few years, sometimes a blip will break my connection and I have to restart Mudlet to reconnect to the game (the blips happen on the desktop, but the connection manages to remain).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Saz said:
    Vivet said:
    Thax said:
    Things like MMF's gagged pipe-lighting option counters this issue fine enough. And you don't even notice!

All my pipes have runes though *first world problems*