New Healing Released

edited December 2016 in Combat Overhaul
Overhauled Healing is officially released. Thanks admins!

The AB files.

Make sure if you're a Healer and using a custom prompt, that your prompt trigger accounts for empathy.
A quick and dirty fix to add empathy to mmf customprompt is to make a new trigger:
  • Set it to regex with the following pattern: ^(\d+)h, (\d+)m, (\d+)e, (\d+)p, (\d+)en, (\d+)w, (\d+)em .*
  • For the code, put in: mm.adddefinition("@empathy", matches[8])
  • Add @empathy to your customprompt.

How empathy works: As you cure yourself, you lose empathy. The mana cost of curing yourself scales up the less empathy you have. The amount of aurawarp your offensive Healing skills goes up the less empathy you have. You can regain empathy very slowly over time, or by curing others.

How aurawarp works: It's added by various offensive Healing skills. It's cured by steam, and builds up to where you can eventually by Cauterized. Need to test how viable/speedy the kill is in the final implementation.

I'll update this thread with the lines for things as I test them.
Added the lines in a post later in the thread. (pastebin mirror)

I wanna give a special thanks to the admins for letting a few of us test it before release and give feedback, especially @Verioth for taking charge of that.

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited December 2016
    How are (EDIT) these abilities intended to beat insomnia?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tremula said:
    How are (EDIT) these abilities intended to beat insomnia?
    Insomnia is classed as an affliction. Flay won't ever afflict them with insomnia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I just had this pointed out to me in game and was coming to edit my post and hide my shame. Thanks, jerk :<

• Also worthy to note, this is from Verioth, regarding the skillset design:

Just to make everyone aware: A number of the lines were left intentionally vague on purpose. A big part of healing's offensive design was built around stochasticity, and we wanted neither the caster nor the recipient to know exactly what affliction had hit (and sometimes, when they hit). For instance, the healer knows who she is flaying, and the recipient should know he was flayed, but others in the room do not see who exactly was targetted, and no one should know exactly when the new affliction will appear (or what it is).

• Getting the other lines, but I really like the Cauterize kill line:

Visualizing his spiritual aura, you reach towards Wobou, and your hand radiates an otherworldly glow.
    Finding his aura surprisingly malleable in its warped and weakened state, you draw it out with the
    precision of a skilled surgeon. Your eyes glowing, you begin to burn away the tumor-like projections
    of the ailments of Wobou. As his aura disintegrates, the connection between his physical and
    spiritual forms unravels, leaving Wobou nothing more than a smoldering corpse.
    The eyes of Wobou lose focus, and a twisting blue light suddenly erupts from his body as though his
    spiritual aura had taken on physical form. The blue light begins to dissipate into an odourless
    vapour, and his flesh chars and smokes. As the final threads linking his spiritual and physical
    forms disintegrate in an otherworldly blaze, the corpse of Wobou collapses in an undignified,
    burning heap.
    You have slain Wobou.

• edited January 2017
    Anesthesia
    You are afflicted with warpedaura.
    The pains of the physical world no longer seem to plague you.
    You are afflicted with anesthetized.
    Shedrin flourishes his hand to unknown effect.

Anesthesia - cured
    The pains of the physical world come rushing back to you.
    You have cured anesthetized.

Anesthesia - diag
    numb from anesthesia.

Flay
    Shedrin slashes a hand through the air and your spiritual aura churns in response.

BendAura
    As Shedrin turns towards you, you suddenly sense a foreign presence invading your spiritual aura.
    A strange sensation overtakes you as your spiritual aura bends in on itself.
    You are afflicted with bentaura.

BendAura - cured
    You breathe a sigh of relief as the kinks plaguing your spiritual aura dissipate.
    You have cured bentaura.

BendAura - diag
    suffering from a bent aura.

Curing Aurawarp
    You take a long drag off a painted bone pipe.
    The aura stabilizes somewhat, but it still remains (dangerously unraveled|completely twisted|massively warped|warped|moderately warped|slightly warped).
     - or -
    Your aura is no longer warped.
    You have cured aurawarp.

Aurawarp - diag
    has a (slightly warped|moderately warped|warped|massively warped|completely twisted|dangerously unraveled) aura.

Projection
    His head snapping up suddenly, Shedrin throws his arms into the air in a single
    fluid motion. A brilliant flash erupts from Shedrin as he projects his spiritual
     aura outwards in all directions, blanketing the area with pure aural energy.
    The spiritual aura of Shedrin washes over you in a blinding flash.
    <affliction cure lines here>

Cauterize
    You are afflicted with warpedaura.
    Staring intently in your direction, Shedrin gestures as though caressing some in
    visible object, and you wince as part of your spiritual aura burns away.

Attend - affliction absorb
    The affliction of paralysis dissipates from your being as it is absorbed by the spiritual aura of Shedrin.

Attend - def line
    You are attended to by Shedrin.

Draw
     You suddenly sense the spiritual aura of  Shedrin caressing your own, and a wei
    ght seems to lift from your shoulders as he siphons away your afflictions.
    <cure lines here>

Bedevil
    A bright light suddenly explodes from Shedrin, hitting you with breathtaking force. As the ethereal glow recedes, your spirit feels weakened, almost heavy.
    <afflicted lines here>
  • I think that's all the new lines. Let me know if something is missing.
    Paging @Wobou for the death message! :)

• What cures these? I'm only seeing warped aura on cures info.
  • Bend and anesthesia are timed cures.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • If I'm reading it right basically the healer does BENDAURA and then that pretty much causes an affliction to be replaced with a random one when your cure 1 every 5 seconds. This also builds the warp for the kill?
  • Veyils said:
    If I'm reading it right basically the healer does BENDAURA and then that pretty much causes an affliction to be replaced with a random one when your cure 1 every 5 seconds. This also builds the warp for the kill?
    Yup.
  • How long does bendaura last roughly? Min empathy/max empathy is a different duration right?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • It lasts 1.5 minutes at 100 empathy, but I don't think empathy affects the duration. I do think a good way to nerf it if it needs to be would be having it affected by empathy.
  • So, is bend aura a run or die mechanic?
  • It's cured by time so it kinda seems like run or die on paper. So they cast it and eventually it just builds to instant kill level effectively passively?
  • How long between casting bend aura does it take to build to one of the instant kill levels?
  • Aurawarp is cured by steam and it takes quite a while even with no curing to build. Will need to test when systems are updated how good it is. My initial impressions is youd be better off with your primary kill most of the time. It also takes a lot of power to spam flay/bedevil/cauterize to build warp. I could be really off, though, testing is needed

• Testing is definitely needed, but based off first impressions, Bendaura by itself is unlikely to build to instantkill levels by itself. In a group, you'll die much faster to the group, and in 1v1, 1 aff (and the aurawarp that entails) per 5s is not quite near effective enough. At the moment, it has the effect of doubling cure balance in a roundabout way - with the effect of lengthening (or changing, depending on how you want to look at it) affliction effects etc. It's just a supplementary ability.

I'm not sure if there's enough offensive abilities in healing alone to make cauterize viable. What is needed is the support from the primary skillsets, in that respect, things like the new MD succumb and the Institute aff-burst will be integral. SD twist doesn't quite do as many afflictions, but can well delay cure balance in other ways, and Nihilist/Celestines might not have enough aff output to make use of it (not that Nihilists have access to healing, of course).

Bendaura being time based doesn't always mean run-or-die, but if it leads to a instantkill on its own, then yes, it is a run-or-die. We need to therefore ensure that bendaura remains supplementary if this is the case. Think of it as a permanent fixture when fighting a healer - it will always be on you, but it only disrupts your healing, not kill you. The level of disruption should be moderated appropriately - we have to balance it with the intention of having it being permanently switched on. If we want to upgrade its capabilities, then things like gating it behind restrictions or making it scale to empathy, or even both, will be important. That or creating a cure for it (that doesn't involve running, that is).

• I'd liken BendAura to GreyWhispers. It works a bit differently, but the purpose is similar, affliction pressure. And neither should be anywhere close to building to a kill on their own. And it's pretty good affliction pressure. At least when it has other afflictions to work with.

Any Healer could sip poisons to give them an affliction to enable Bedevil, so at the very least, that will work to build aurawarp.
  • What's the balance of bedevil?
  • Looks like 2s.

That's probably overly strong. Especially as I missed that it doesn't have a power cost.
  • Pretty sure original bedevil had a power cost. Is there a high empathy cost or does it drain empathy fast?
  • Danquik said:
    Pretty sure original bedevil had a power cost. Is there a high empathy cost or does it drain empathy fast?
    Nope.
  • If it doesn't cure the healer of the afflictions, it might be okay. That would limit its effectiveness between not giving the target a doublewhammy of losing his affliction progress AND getting afflicted. If not, it probably needs a power cost.

• It does cure.
  • Bedevil hasn't cured caster in a long time. It just caused afflictions cured to change to a new affliction. Original bedevil you could sip 10 poisons and then bedevil person, curing yourself and then giving target any affs you didn't shrug.
  • That'd be the old bedevil. The new bedevil gives 2 affs from the caster to the target, according to Shedrin and the AB files. At 2s without a power cost, I agree with Shedrin that it's probably too strong. A healer can just sit there and spam bedevil until he's fully cured. Either a power cost or a bedevil-specific cooldown would be good ways to limit the ability. Something like maybe a bedevil every 5s? That'd still be a very hefty aff-swing and would be very strong. But at least the healer can't use it to just fullcure himself up. Maybe 7s to 10s might be a better cooldown, I dunno. But then that would make it hard to use offensively.

• I'm thinking 2p and 4s eq. And/or reduce aff transfer to 1, with 50% chance of 2.
  • I think it'd be a more interesting skill if it didn't cure the affs but did transfer them.  That would allow it to be powerful offensively without being so OP defensively.  Alternately, the cure/afflict rate could be controlled by empathy.

Under 50?%, send 2 affs, cure 0.
    Over 50?% empathy send 2 affs cure 1. 
    Over 80?% empathy send 2 affs cure 2. 
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.