NYC Meet - Spring 2017

Comments

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    So there's a confirmed twelve: Selenity, Lehki, Xena, Kaimanahi, Vhaedryn, Sylvanas, Sior, Lyora, Rancoura, Neos, Acrune, Kalaneya. Then I believe there's one or two more who are still checking with work or whatever. So I'd say 12-14+?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Kaimanahi said:
    So there's a confirmed twelve: Selenity, Lehki, Xena, Kaimanahi, Vhaedryn, Sylvanas, Sior, Lyora, Rancoura, Neos, Acrune, Kalaneya. Then I believe there's one or two more who are still checking with work or whatever. So I'd say 12-14+?
    12-14 in total...

I know the following are coming for Saturday lunch:

1. Selenity
    2. Lehki
    3. Lyora
    4. Rancoura
    5. Kalaneya
    6. Acrune
    7. Sylvanas

Are you, @Kaimanahi, and @Xena both coming for Greek also?
    Yes, you can assume that everyone I mentioned is coming for lunch and the day, unless someone says otherwise. I think only Sior may have a conflict in the evening.
    Holy crap. OK. I'll be calling Avlee between 3 and 5 PM EST to see if they can accommodate us.
  • If they can't, we can hit up the Greek place we went to last time in Manhattan: http://www.dafnitaverna.com/
  • Well guys, you should add yet one more. Since I am in Philly, it shouldn't be too hard for me. I am good for Greek and later on. The Lion King not so much as I have already seen it. :(  See you soon. 
    As I feared, our group is too large for Avlee. We need a new venue. I can't help much there. I don't know any places that are good to eat closer to the Gardens.
    Double post to tag @Kaimanahi and @Kalaneya for ideas. Preferably somewhere not too expensive if you guys can think up something.
    I just asked a coworker for an opinion on the matter, she suggested this place that specializes in Thai food but is Pan-Asian, supposedly can handle large groups: Spice. Right around the corner from Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. For a reservation of more than 10 people we'd have to call though. Alternatively, she suggested Faros which is further away from the Gardens, and more expensive than Avlee, but supposedly can easily handle groups of our magnitude.

Thoughts?
  • hot damn, lots of people. Not sure if they take reservations, but Chavela's is good. http://chavelasnyc.com/
  • Selenity said:
    As I feared, our group is too large for Avlee. We need a new venue. I can't help much there. I don't know any places that are good to eat closer to the Gardens.
    Does it have to be near the Gardens? If so, I'll take a look, I guess. 
    Vhaedryn said:
    Selenity said:
    Does it have to be near the Gardens? If so, I'll take a look, I guess. 
    It might as well be to cut down on travel times.
  • also, we should probably start taking a count for the evening as well since if we're going to have 12+ people for karaoke and dinner, we'll need reservations there too. will it just be Sior not coming along for the evening?
    As of right now we still do not have anywhere to eat lunch. I'd also like to point out that you cannot bring food into nor picnic in the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens.
    @Selenity - I think Spice could be a good choice, since it's close to the gardens. So that's now 13 for lunch. Alternatively, Sior suggested Smorgasburg, which could be ideal if we don't get a reservation, but we'd need to travel if we're still planning on going to the gardens (which isn't a big deal, I'd say).

@Kalaneya - Sior is not coming for dinner, so that's 12 for dinner/karaoke. Did you want to look into reservations?

For people interested in just chilling on Friday, a few of us are going to meet up when we get settled in ~5pm, maybe in Bryant Park? We were thinking Beer Authority (http://www.beerauthoritynyc.com/) at 7pm for dinner and can figure out whatever afterward.  We'll have a smaller group, so shouldn't need to worry about reservations there. Let me know if we should expect you, if you haven't already!

Sunday's pretty open after we recover from hangovers... Five of us are going to Lion King at 3pm; dunno if anyone else was intending to go, but I think there's still seats in the row behind us on Stubhub. 
  • For dinner, Madangsui (Korean food) seemed reasonable, nearby, and able to accommodate 12 people. Asian food though, but I can try and go with something else if we don't want double Asian food day. Around 6:30pm?

@Kaimanahi did Forren have any suggestions for karaoke places? If no additional suggestions, I'll give Duet 35 a call tmw and do a reservation for 12 since both Selenity and I have been. 8pm sound ok?
    @Kalaneya that sounds fine to me!

@Selenity feel free to make an executive decision on lunch, think we've had a lot of good suggestions.
    @Kaimanahi I'll try calling Spice later today, between 1 PM and 5 PM EST. If it falls through, I definitely would be AOK with Smorgasburg.
    Contacted Spice and contacted Faros. No can do for our large group without at least a month's warning, Faros said. So it looks like it's going to be Smorgasburg, @Kaimanahi!
  • We're good for Madangsui for dinner at 7pm.

Duet 35 didn't have any available rooms until midnight, which I figured was too late. I emailed Gagopa to see if they have availability, but if anyone has suggestions (@Selenity), now is the time. Could try some of the other Duet places (one on 48th and another on 53rd) as well if there's nowhere in Koreatown.
    Kalaneya said:
    We're good for Madangsui for dinner at 7pm.

Duet 35 didn't have any available rooms until midnight, which I figured was too late. I emailed Gagopa to see if they have availability, but if anyone has suggestions (@Selenity), now is the time. Could try some of the other Duet places (one on 48th and another on 53rd) as well if there's nowhere in Koreatown.
    I'd say try 53 and then 48 before we look elsewhere. All the other karaoke places I really know are sketchy af and outside of Manhattan.
  • edited May 2017
    Plenty of Karaoke places in St. Mark's Place, near Soho (also conveniently located near night clubs). Also, A+ on the smorgasburg
  • Aight, made reservations from 9pm to 12am at Karaoke Duet 53. Can use the B or D train to get there after dinner. In case you're like me and forget your ID everywhere you go, everyone has to be 21+, so please bring your ID. It's a 2 hr minimum, so if you guys think we won't need 3 hrs, let me know and I can switch it. Midnight is generally the time parties get into full swing, so I thought that would be a decent amount of time in case anyone wants to go to nightclubs after.

And YES SMORGASBURG :D
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Alexin said:
    Well guys, you should add yet one more. Since I am in Philly, it shouldn't be too hard for me. I am good for Greek and later on. The Lion King not so much as I have already seen it. :(  See you soon. 
    Stranger Danger in my city!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Oh c'mon, really? This is New York City, youse live off of strangers for years and years and..well, you get the idea. :)   Besides, I'm harmless.  Well, mostly anyways!  :p   Also, you can't miss me:  I'll be the one looking around all nervous and fidgeting, not sure where to go.   Hmm, maybe you're right after all!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Alexin said:
    Oh c'mon, really? This is New York City, youse live off of strangers for years and years and..well, you get the idea. :)   Besides, I'm harmless.  Well, mostly anyways!  :p   Also, you can't miss me:  I'll be the one looking around all nervous and fidgeting, not sure where to go.   Hmm, maybe you're right after all!
    I was talking about Philly. :P
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'm in for Saturday until dinner - meet at Smorgasburg or where?
  • I'm starting to get nervous!
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Oh wow. I did not realize this was happening. I'm in Boston, and should have been more organized! Alas. Have fun, take millions of photos, and come play with me and @Drocilla when she comes to town later this summer!

And oh god. I'm missing @sior? Life is a cosmic joke. 
    Let's meet on the corner of Kent and 7th at 11:30 for Smorgasburg. PM me if you need my number.

@Lisaera just jump on a bus real quick. :)