The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• I mean what happens if you get a warning on the forums, not in the game.
  • Oh yeah whoops, did @ at the wrong S name. And actual forum warnings, oh. That one I don't know.
  • Nothing happened to me last night. I am semi-away this weekend, so will be quiet.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My night was eventful. I received a message saying that while I sat there nursing a cup of hot cocoa, a soft whispering voice in my ear put me to sleep. I apparently woke back up right before dawn.

My role has nothing to do with cocoa, so I'm not sure why that particular flavor text was used.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Sounds like a role block perhaps

• Yeah; Shaddus' happenings definitely had a role-blocker-y smell to it.

One thought about Lehki's warning: Could it be some kind of multi-hit vigilante thing? Get three warnings and you're out kinda deal? There'd have to be some kind of upside to it for that to be the case though... hmm. Just spitballing ideas.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I would guess the bus driver is Puck from Shakespeare mafia, since he died before getting a chance to cause real mischief in the previous game. Alignment could be any one of town, mafia or third party... :|

Maybe warning level reduces number of votes needed to lynch?
  • I've been taking care of a very ill dog, sorry guys I'm not trying to be quiet but I'm having a fairly emotional visit to the vet right now.

I'll try and read back when I'm home and form an opinion.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I'm trying to make a list of roles we might have in the game right now based on posts. I'm going to assume 3 mafia at the moment. 

So we have:
    3 mafia
    roleblocker
    bus driver
    shopkeeper/pokeball giver

Any I'm missing that we feel safe saying are in the game?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    God I hope there isn't a false investigator like Ssaliss Pope in the Reign game. 

To Lehki: do you have any type of posting restriction or anything that might come into play that may have triggered the response? Otherwise it sounds like an arson as to what Luce had said, also Reign game had an arson (and Sylandra modded that).
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Like I said before, you can see that my vote counted yesterday.

I can do test vote if you want right now as well. 

Vote: None

I'll unvote after a vote count confirms.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    None: Lehki (1)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Well there we go.

My best guess at the moment is a Low Alamos styled arson prep, but we'll just have to see how the next night goes and if anybody else hears this voice.

Unvote
    @Dylara has requested a replacement for the mafia game. If you're interested in replacing her, please PM me before the end of the dayphase.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Okay so since conversation seems to have stalled a bit, what are people's thoughts on a Day 2 No Lynch? We don't seem to have a lot more to go on still.

If I had to pick though, the most suspicious thing to me so far was the exchange between Tremula and Vivet yesterday, and then Tremula just happens to end up with the pokemon? And It could just be coicidence, which I'm sure is why nobody's pushed them on it so far, but I don't see a whole lot else to go at the moment.
  • Yeah... I've been having problems finding someone that stands out too. I really really want to avoid a day 2 no-lynch though, although at this point, it'd mostly be relatively random, it seems like. Not an ideal situation to be in. Hmm...
  • So; I know that this information isn't exactly a bulletproof argument, but let's have a look at the post count:
    [spoiler]
    Day One
    Silvanus: 3
    Dylara: 3
    Ellowyn: 3
    Othero: 3
    Lavinya: 4
    Kendra: 5
    Breandryn: 5
    Ushaara: 5
    Sylandra: 7
    Shaddus: 7
    Vivet: 7
    Ssaliss: 8
    Lehki: 8
    Fyler: 9
    Tremula: 10
    Luce: 13

Day Two
    Ellowyn: 1
    Lavinya: 2
    Breandryn: 2
    Dylara: 2
    Silvanus: 3
    Luce: 3
    Othero: 3
    Sylandra: 4
    Shaddus: 5
    Ushaara: 6
    Fyler: 6
    Ssaliss: 7
    Lehki: 7
    Vivet: 7
    Tremula: 8
    [/spoiler]
    Based on that... @Kendra haven't posted at all today, and @Ellowyn have been rather quiet overall. Then again, the same might be said about other people. I'm still rather curious to hear about their views though.
    I would prefer a lynch on day two but we have to be cautious with Dylara being replaced and some people being so quiet. 

I agree with Lehki in that the only weird thing is the Pokémon got bussed to Tremula instead of Celina. Tremula getting Cyndaquil instead of Celina would be the only Pokémon that I believed did not go with whom it was supposed to go to. 

Probably a coincidence, but literally the only way to convince us there is a bus driver without having to reveal anything important happened, so I tend to be reluctant.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    @Kiradawea has officially replaced @Dylara.

We are now also seeking a replacement for @Kendra. If you are interested, please PM me before the end of the dayphase.
    Daraius said:
  • Oh hey. I'm in this thing now. Cause clearly I don't know well enough to stay away and only observe. Oh well. Observation goggles are a go.

Point of order.

I fully believe that Vivet would try to give Cyndaquil to Cyndarin. Vivet tends to give her actions a flair of the dramatic / poetic when possible. During the first night, as a townie, Vivet would not have a particularly strong idea of who's town. So knowing her she'd pick a pokemon that would be a clear good match with another player. The Cynda duo is the obvious choice. Which is also why I do not believe that Vivet and Tremula are some secret team artificially constructing a busdriver. Because if they were gonna do that, Vivet wouldn't sacrifice Cyndaquil for that ploy. It's also kind of nonsensical since they could've just kept the whole thing a secret and Vivet could've kept feeding her scum friends pokemon.

Interestingly. Cyndarin seemed to have some notion that there were pokemon in the game beforehand. She specifically asked for Cyndaquil. This may indicate prior knowledge about there being pokemon in the game. Or it may just indicate that Cyndaquil is an awesome pokemon and everyone wants it. I dunno.

I have a vague suspicion that Lavinya's role is me. I can't think of anyone else who had an overly strong focus on voting patterns and the factual information they provide. At least to the point of encompassing any other traits of gameplay. Not too important really. Rolenames don't have to be indicative of anything, so this is more me airing thoughts.

And... that's it... of non-accusatory thoughts at least.

See. Drawing the existence of a bus-driver into question doesn't make sense. Bus-drivers cause a great deal of madness and mayhem. Which is great to help scum catch rare pokemon. Erm, sorry. Got side-tracked there. Let me try that again.

My point is. I see the attempt to call Vivet's revelation into question as a scum move. In revealing her night action and her suspicions that there's a busdriver, she has exposed her role entirely. In doing so, she has also implicitly invited the rest of us to look curiously at her and Tremula if it later turns out that there is no busdriver. Which will negate any advantage of sowing doubt about the results of investigations. Especially when there are far better tools available for that such as millers. Millers are something that's been used effectively before after all. In fact, at this point I'm pretty convinced that Vivet is town, because it would be far more advantageous to keep quiet about the presence of a busdriver and only share that information with scum. Also because inventors (roles that hand out powers) are generally town without knowledge of other roles because that makes their power interactions more interesting and makes their role interesting to play.

At this point, I'm eyeing Silvanus and to a lesser extent Shaddus. Silvanus for trying to call Vivet's revelation into question on very flimsy reasoning, and Shaddus for surreptitiously supporting the interpretation. I'm not sure which one of them to vote for though, because while Silvanus was the more vocal one, Shaddus was the one who seemingly was roleblocked last night. And since no one has made a claim that they survived a night attack, it seems probable that scum member was blocked.

Though again, scum may have an arsonist who targetted Lehki... so for now I'm gonna give Shaddus the benefit of the doubt and

Vote: Silvanus
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    And...Kira comes in with a bang. I may need to read that again.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I am going to disagree, obviously, but for other reasons. 

I am suspicious of every bit of info that is freely given, especially on day one. You can easily read into Vivets mannerisms as town, but there is always the doubt that they are scum, and that is what I read into. Literally the only way this ploy would work is with Cyndaquil being messed up, unlike what you said above. Because it is the obvious choice. Also, revealing there is a bus driver early is good for town - unless there is no bus driver. Which was the entire premise to the questioning, to confirm the suspicions.

I see absolutely no problem with questioning and pondering out loud about the implications of such a reveal and the roles that it would be associated with. I did not paint either Vivet or Tremula as mafia, and framed all my suspiciouns as unlikely and it being a coincidence. But unlikely is still a scenario that can happen. 

Also, there has been almost no conversation, I don't think questioning the only bit of info given would be considered scummy. You can see that I did not vote for either of them, and was satisfied with my questioning. And even mentioned that I believe Vivet (although reluctantly).
    Shaddus said:
    Vivet said:
    No Togepi this go around - there's a mix of new and returning.

Should I list what's available/left? Withholding that information might be somewhat useful, but that is questionable at best.

Since you all know, it might be fun to see if people think I should or not. Create a point of discussion, even if it is minor.

Imo, no. If there's a bus driver or someone who can control you, that sounds kinda gameable. Keep them guessing.

Kiradawea said:
    Shaddus for surreptitiously supporting the interpretation.
    Uh, no. I merely asked Celina if she had received any sort of message explaining that someone did try to give her an item but failed. In fact, I even cautioned Vivet not to give a list so that the Mafia wouldn't get ahold of it. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Just a couple points (I've been drunk all weekend, sorry for not posting much).

1) My first Cyndaquil comment was a joke on a typo I made. I didn't know Cyndaquil would specifically be in the game, though I assumed pokemon would make an appearance somewhere being meta mafia and all.

2) I didn't receive any messages about anything other than generic flavor about nothing happening. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • The good news is if we can find Cyndaquil we probably found scum as no one is admitting to having my fire baby. Town wouldn't hide it, scum would. SO that's a bonus. Kind of.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Uh, except I'm pretty sure Trem's pretty much verified that he's received it. Haven't heard of any other similar powers to mine sending stuff flying around.

We've had a few bus drivers in the last few games, but they tend not to be scum so much as spanners in the works. IIRC Puck was a survivor with bus driving, and the Touhou bus driver was town in spite of having a strong buddhist connection.

I think the biggest problem right now is there's not much to talk about outside of my circumstances and we're in a weird spot with people getting replaced. @Breandryn can probably talk more, I don't think they're getting replaced. Where are your thoughts on things?

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Fyler said:
    The good news is if we can find Cyndaquil we probably found scum as no one is admitting to having my fire baby. Town wouldn't hide it, scum would. SO that's a bonus. Kind of.
    It was my first post of the day. Maybe you're right, it looks like wisdom's taking the cake for dump stat over dexterity.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    And here I thought Celina was immune to burns.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Well, aside from the cult leaders, everyone but Yarith, Fylyndaquilarin, and Silvanus? were town to start with. (who was Pollux? I can't remember offhoof.)  I do feel like the bus driver argument is somewhere we need to put pressure though, if only because we don't have a whole lot of other options at the moment.
  • Tremula said:
    Fyler said:
    The good news is if we can find Cyndaquil we probably found scum as no one is admitting to having my fire baby. Town wouldn't hide it, scum would. SO that's a bonus. Kind of.
    It was my first post of the day. Maybe you're right, it looks like wisdom's taking the cake for dump stat over dexterity.
    I SAID I WAS DRUNK ALL WEEKEND, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME