The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• I was trying to be silly. I did not actually think mods to be the villains or even characters. If i did in fact stumble upon something true it was entirely by accident
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I thought Lehki was meme'ing us, but apparently he's psychic. Are...you also psychic, Vivet? I'm trying to place someone who was functionally like a mod in a previous game, and there's a very small list that I can come up with.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Close but not quite, Trem Trem. I'll probably have to share a lot more tomorrow either way, since it will likely be to my benefit to be open about what I'm up to as time progresses, but it always feels more fun to let at least some element of mystery linger. My own role has me guessing about other potential (power, not flavour) roles being present.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok surgery delayed a few days, until then we have highly sedated Lavy to save the day!

It is absolutely FACT that voting patterns will reveal your guilt, but I'll keep it to myself for now but trust me. Facts. Voting patterns. All truth man. 

• What light through yonder window break? 'Tis to the east, and @Lehki has her nose pressed to it.
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I was coming into this game expecting the roles to include aspects along the lines of how Lavinya appears (?) to be playing hers, ie. posting style of the original player strongly featured. My own role doesn't really hold to that though.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That would be extremely difficult for some of us.
  • Well, at least we know that Kendra is from the Shakespeare mafia. Or at least she wants us to believe she is... Shenanigany.
  • Luce said:
    No, Luce bandwagons with little to no explanation when he posts from work. He also more or less always votes to skip to night 1 with no lynch barring someone really, REALLY messing up.
    Technically incorrect to say that the rule is you bandwagon with little to no explanation when you post from work. That may be your motivation this time, but you can't prove or disprove that. You pursued a bandwagon against people with a poor explanation because you were a survivor in the previous game. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Previous game I was scum, but I was recruited night 1 and still pushed for a night 0 no lynch. I think the only time I was survivor was Gods and Monsters. For a given meaning of survive, anyway.
  • Oh crap I was thinking about Yarith.
  • At any rate, I'm less interested in the actual day 0 no vote (I make them), and more the context it is made. Is it rushed, is it an attempt to push it through before any sort of discussion takes place? That appears to be the case, and establishes a decent short list of scum suspects moving forward.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well I suppose I do not mind confirming that posting  restrictions exist, I also do have one that I do not believe will come into play often. I have yet to have to use my restriction. If Vivet is who I think it is, that is the only person I can imagine being a character/mod. And they weren't even so much a mod as a narrator. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I mean, it's also worth remembering that the last 2-3 days of the previous game, I thought we had already won.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And to ease curiosity, I'll go ahead and claim that I am town, I am not vanilla, and I'm willing to confirm my role of anyone guesses it.
  • I don't think we are rushing. It's been 4 days.
  • Luce said:
    And to ease curiosity, I'll go ahead and claim that I am town, I am not vanilla, and I'm willing to confirm my role of anyone guesses it.
    Is your role TFPTSLBOOIA?
  • Ssaliss said:
    Luce said:
    Is your role TFPTSLBOOIA?
    Sooth! 'tis a mortal wound! and in the morrow morn,  ye shall find me a grave woman from death of laughter.
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • Luce said:
    Why do that this early in?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Because fire Jesus is breathing siren my neck claiming I've been scum telling on day 0?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Down my neck, rather. Auto corrected
  • I think siren works well :p
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Someone is nervous.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not especially? Celina is pretty good at directing the flow of a conversation, enough so that in the previous game she survived for at least a couple days after I pointed out she was breaking pattern by pushing Pollux so hard, until someone else brought it up again later and there was a push for a lynch. I don't want to be the first day 0 lynch on the new forums based on paranoia. 

And after Gods and Monsters reintroducing the lie detector, I was hoping something that blunt could be taken on faith for at least as long as it takes for corroboration.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Checking in from work, and Luce is entirely right. Celina managed to get Rolsand an extra day because she's someone people listen to, so taking a firm stance against suspicions she states early on is a valid survival technique.

Celina is a great asset to town or scum for that reason, for the same reason that she knows how to get people to reconsider, if not follow. Strong charisma, even if there's a dex dump stat.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Actually, my arguments against Pollux and third parties turned out to be correct the whole time. It's because I grounded my arguments in real mafia game logic. The unknown was that I, too, was third party and I was ultimately arguing against myself in a race versus the clock. What did me in was Pollux revealing Ratatoskr was in the game and the role's baggage carry over from Gods and Monsters. 

Lo and behold, the town cursed the third party in the end as my proposed theory of third parties going rogue played out in real time.

That being said, I'm not saying you are scum. I'm saying you have a higher than likely chance, along with the others who have followed Tremula, of being scum than those who did not join the bandwagon. 

Typically I'm fine with no lynch on day 0, as day 0 tends to be pretty casual and uninformative. This game, however, given the swiftness of that bandwagon and rush towards Night 1, I'm comfortable lynching someone who voted as I think the odds of someone on that list being scum/SK/third party/anyone not interested in a town win is pretty decent. It can be Luce or it can be someone else. 
  • DEX DUMP STAT?! Listen bitch.
  • Also Rolsand was town. Bad town, but he was town. 
  • Wasn't he technically a 3p? He won and left the game when his doll was present at a murder.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I wouldn't really even call vote 2 a bandwagon this early in the game, though being second in line at least answers why mine was the name attached to that but of logic I guess?